Topical Dutasteride

mustang

12 hours ago, mustang said:

Sorry, I can't make sense of this post

Could you explain what you mean?

Oral dutasteride reduces up to 90% DHT. Anything above 50% will give you sides. Anything above 30% will give you mild sides. Anything below 25% you won't feel pretty much anything. That is my experience with DHT, side effects and bloodwork after 15 years but we are all different.  

Oral dut reduces serum DHT by 90%. The person I was quoting said that topical dut going systemic would only result in 15% or less reduction in serum DHT. My point was that the 75% difference--that is, the difference between the reduction in serum DHT from oral dut versus topical dut--is massive, and would probably mean the difference between having side effects and not having them. You're unlikely to get any sides from a 15% reduction of serum DHT.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, win200 said:

Oral dut reduces serum DHT by 90%. The person I was quoting said that topical dut going systemic would only result in 15% or less reduction in serum DHT. My point was that the 75% difference--that is, the difference between the reduction in serum DHT from oral dut versus topical dut--is massive, and would probably mean the difference between having side effects and not having them. You're unlikely to get any sides from a 15% reduction of serum DHT.

‘You're unlikely to get any sides from a 15% reduction of serum DHT.’

The thing is, it’s not a universal one size fits all figure. You can’t flat out blanket state that ‘topical dutasteride lowers serum DHT by 15%’ based on the blood work from one man . . Nor can you state that a 15% reduction will be completely fine for all men to avoid side effects, because there will likely be a small selection of men so sensitively programmed that a 15% reduction may actually affect them in some shape or form - as portrayed by the differences amongst propecia users, some being absolutely fine, others feeling awful. 

There is no black and white science with these things - all you can do is trial and error, and see how you personally get on. 

It’s fantastic that @mustangis having such success with this product, and certainly looks to be opening up a new avenue for combatting hair loss in a less invasive way for some. 

11 hours ago, Curious25 said:

‘You're unlikely to get any sides from a 15% reduction of serum DHT.’

The thing is, it’s not a universal one size fits all figure. You can’t flat out blanket state that ‘topical dutasteride lowers serum DHT by 15%’ based on the blood work from one man . . Nor can you state that a 15% reduction will be completely fine for all men to avoid side effects, because there will likely be a small selection of men so sensitively programmed that a 15% reduction may actually affect them in some shape or form - as portrayed by the differences amongst propecia users, some being absolutely fine, others feeling awful. 

There is no black and white science with these things - all you can do is trial and error, and see how you personally get on. 

It’s fantastic that @mustangis having such success with this product, and certainly looks to be opening up a new avenue for combatting hair loss in a less invasive way for some. 

Very true

Some people are extremely sensitive, some people have no sides on oral dutasteride.

All we can establish for now from anecdotal bloodwork and scientific literature on mesotherapy is that topical dutasteride decreases the most scalp DHT while preserving the most serum DHT when compared to oral finasteride, topical finasteride and oral dutasteride. So it's the safest treatment but it does not mean it's 100% side effect free.

At 0.05% and 0.1% I have experienced no sides. At 0.25%, 0.5% and 1% I did but not as bad as with oral finasteride or oral dutasteride. I did experience bad sides with Liposomes at 0.5% when I used too much but that was done on purpose.

I had horrible side effects (probably the worst) with Topical Finasteride 0.1% from MinoxidilMax. I did not know it was unregulated crap from China as their website looks quite professional so I can't be certain the bottle actually had that dose.

My next test will be Topical Finasteride 0.025% and CB-03-01 7.5% 

I will probable be on TRT at 100mg to keep all variables stable and try to have accurate readings on what is happening with DHT, scalp DHT and Adrenals.

Not sure if I had posted this picture. This is 16 months after starting treatment

I have not taken oral medication since I started. Just using Topical Dutasteride 0.1% from Fue Clinic.

In terms of serum DHT reduction

Parati Liposomal 0.5%: -40%. Hair catcher: 5 hairs

Fue Clinic 0.5%:  -25%. Hair catcher: 5 hairs

Fue Clinic 0.1%: No decline (just one reading) Hair catcher average: 5 hairs

Without treatment hair catcher average is 25-50 hairs per wash

I still space it every week or every 10 days

I am considering moving down to 0.05% and apply EOD . For now I'll keep things as they are

unnamed.jpg

• Like 1

Because I would like to add other things to the bottle that would require EOD or daily usage so the dose would have to come down further

I'm always trying different stuff but overall I am really happy that there is finally an alternative to oral dutasteride and oral finasteride.

On 4/11/2021 at 1:46 AM, mustang said:

Not sure if I had posted this picture. This is 16 months after starting treatment

I have not taken oral medication since I started. Just using Topical Dutasteride 0.1% from Fue Clinic.

In terms of serum DHT reduction

Parati Liposomal 0.5%: -40%. Hair catcher: 5 hairs

Fue Clinic 0.5%:  -25%. Hair catcher: 5 hairs

Fue Clinic 0.1%: No decline (just one reading) Hair catcher average: 5 hairs

Without treatment hair catcher average is 25-50 hairs per wash

I still space it every week or every 10 days

I am considering moving down to 0.05% and apply EOD . For now I'll keep things as they are

unnamed.jpg

you seem to have amazing hair now....do yo have a before pic. I also ordered from fueclinic and paid last week but looks like it comes in a month or two. BTW Im NW 7 so that will be an experiment.

Just got some questions. When you use topical dutasteride on the thinning areas like crown hairline and temples, is that also helping for any diffuse thinning other places on the scalp? An the oral sort of works all over in terms of getting the inflammation and thickening all over. Is it the same with topical?

I am interested of course, if the science holds up to be true. However, living in Norway, which does not allow importation of "prescription medicines", good luck this becoming universally accessible.

According to Dr. Wesley, low once/day multiple-dose 0.25% topical fin also only caused a 19% reduction in serum DHT, with 70% scalp DHT reduction.

So how does this align with your @mustang and others experiences reporting the same side-effects with topical fin? Were you using the same dose, and still experienced sides?

Edited by j1mmy

21 minutes ago, j1mmy said:

I am interested of course, if the science holds up to be true. However, living in Norway, which does not allow importation of "prescription medicines", good luck this becoming universally accessible.

According to Dr. Wesley, low once/day multiple-dose 0.25% topical fin also only caused a 19% reduction in serum DHT, with 70% scalp DHT reduction.

So how does this align with your @mustang and others experiences reporting the same side-effects with topical fin? Were you using the same dose, and still experienced sides?

Topical Fin is horrible i had the most side effects on it. With Fin you got a buildup in your body.. 

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey12 said:

Topical Fin is horrible i had the most side effects on it. With Fin you got a buildup in your body.. 

That's why I am curious, Dr. Wesley's graph does not illustrate that, though I don't know how many doses it was. This would also not be dissimilar for topical dutasteride. Given their very well documented half-lives, I would very much expect topical dutasteride to accumulate serum DHT, if topical finasteride does. Only with @mustang as the guinea pig do we know the answers. 

1 hour ago, j1mmy said:

0.25% decreases 70% of serum DHT

I think you meant 0.025% ?

53 minutes ago, j1mmy said:

That's why I am curious, Dr. Wesley's graph does not illustrate that, though I don't know how many doses it was. This would also not be dissimilar for topical dutasteride. Given their very well documented half-lives, I would very much expect topical dutasteride to accumulate serum DHT, if topical finasteride does. Only with @mustang as the guinea pig do we know the answers. 

Fortunately it doesn't work that way

14 minutes ago, mustang said:

0.25% decreases 70% of serum DHT

I think you meant 0.025% ?

I think Dr. Wesley's contradicts himself in the source below, writing that his formulation uses less than 0.25%, and that 0.25% lowers serum DHT 19%. So you must be right, not sure what dose he uses though. 

https://www.drcarloswesley.com/medical-therapy-for-hair-loss/

*edit* I see you experienced side effects at 0.3% and 0.03% finasteride in your first page, so that is interesting. 

Edited by j1mmy

5 minutes ago, mustang said:

check out this graph: https://fueclinic.com/services/treatments/topical-finasteride-0-025/

I know they have done extensive bloodwork on dozens of patients 

Yeah that is very informative, thanks I hadn't seen that before! So 0.025-0.1(%) fin is really the only viable fin option for those hoping to alleviate sides from oral, and less efficacious than oral. Those poor suckers that are prescribed 0.25%. 

Seems a bit unfair that all these countries around the world have casual customs, and in Norway I am up there with the likes of Australia. 

On 4/16/2021 at 3:26 PM, Jeffrey12 said:

Stil topical Duta is Better because it has a lower serum DHT reduction? 

It does, at least on me and others.

However, it can be used together. Some people apply Topical Finasteride once a day at 0.025% and Topical Dutasteride 0.1% once a week with great success

2 hours ago, mustang said:

It does, at least on me and others.

However, it can be used together. Some people apply Topical Finasteride once a day at 0.025% and Topical Dutasteride 0.1% once a week with great success

Topical fina is not an option for me. Because it destroys me. I had the stuff from minoxidilmax. 

Would love to see some updates from forum members @win200or @EvoXOhioand @TorontoMan?

No knock on @mustangwho shared his story and knowledge with us but I was browsing different forums and the only one with success on topical duta who provided pictures was mustang. Wouldn't we hear a lot more stories about this if it was indeed this effective?

6 hours ago, cpfm said:

Would love to see some updates from forum members @win200or @EvoXOhioand @TorontoMan?

No knock on @mustangwho shared his story and knowledge with us but I was browsing different forums and the only one with success on topical duta who provided pictures was mustang. Wouldn't we hear a lot more stories about this if it was indeed this effective?

I’ve only been on it for 3 weeks so no change or anything to report just yet. It will likely take 6 months to notice a change, if any. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 9:27 AM, Jeffrey12 said:

Topical fina is not an option for me. Because it destroys me. I had the stuff from minoxidilmax. 

Topical Finasteride from MM uses DMI and it's made at 0.2% ? That's a ridicule dosage

Trichosol at 0.025% is quite safe, it's 10 times less potent and no enhancers to penetrate, still, be careful.