Topical Dutasteride

mustang

12 minutes ago, Phab said:

@EvoXOhio Cool, sounds like you've already done your research. What's the name of this artist?

I saw here, they have offices in NYC and Chicago, you're going to the one in Chicago? I live in NYC so I'm gonna call them up and check this out, it might postpone my 2nd HT which is good

I’m going to Mike at their Chicago location. His IG is: https://instagram.com/mikehairlineink?igshid=50kqpm2m3qpu

I didn’t look into any of their New York artists, only this guy. I’m in Ohio so it’s about a 4-5 hour drive for me. 

5 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

With a half decent donor, <1500 BHT, a great surgeon, and some of this SMP density work - a NW6 can be fully restored to looking like a full head of hair in 2021. 

I've said it. 

@EvoXOhio the question I have is even in the sun? with a shine bright light, does it still not look fake?

1 minute ago, Phab said:

@EvoXOhio the question I have is even in the sun? with a shine bright light, does it still not look fake?

I think it all depends on how much hair you have to conceal it. The point of density SMP isn’t to take a bald spot and make it look like hair. If you have a bald spot or even a bald spot half covered with hair, it probably won’t look perfect in great light. Density SMP is for people like me where I have 90% coverage with small amount of visible scalp, and use the SMP to hide the visible scalp. I’ve seen pictures in very harsh bright light and outside and it looks good. Can you see dots if you zoom on up close? Sure I’m some cases. But for me I’d rather have dots than scalp showing. 

7 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

I think it all depends on how much hair you have to conceal it. The point of density SMP isn’t to take a bald spot and make it look like hair. If you have a bald spot or even a bald spot half covered with hair, it probably won’t look perfect in great light. Density SMP is for people like me where I have 90% coverage with small amount of visible scalp, and use the SMP to hide the visible scalp. I’ve seen pictures in very harsh bright light and outside and it looks good. Can you see dots if you zoom on up close? Sure I’m some cases. But for me I’d rather have dots than scalp showing. 

My question is in relation to SMP vs using concealer, dermatch and toppik. I want to be convinced that SMP is better than those for quality of density, and I'm not yet

Edited by Phab

Just now, Phab said:

My question is in related to SMP vs using concealer, dermatch and toppik. I want to be convinced that SMP is better than those for density, and I'm not yet

Gotcha. I’ve never used concealer and I refuse to. I want my hair to be at a place to where I don’t have to worry about if it gets wet, there’s wind, etc. Concealer won’t work for that, but I believe SMP will. Worst case scenario I try SMP and i don’t like it, then I get a second HT from someone who is renowned for densely packed crowns. Then the new hair would completely hide the SMP

For what it’s worth, I’ve never read a bad review from someone who got an SMP density treatment from the guy I’m going to. I scoured review sites, hair sites like this one and others, social media, etc.

Hi Mustang,

This is very interesting.

I couldn't quite understand what happened to your pre/post serum/scalp DHT levels from your three separate protocols, if you tested all of them? I understand the insinuation is that serum DHT was least affected by topical dust, but reduction in scalp DHT was high. Do you have your numbers?

Obviously everyone is an individual, I assume your TRT has raised your DHT or not?

Cheers

@EvoXOhio I see. It does take some work to make it waterproof but it can be done, you would need to spray a locking mist @Melvin-Moderator has put a great video about this on YouTube.

But I understand what you mean, and it’s the same reason i’m looking into SMP.

I find toppik and the mist very good, you should try, it takes much less $$ and you can do the SMP too, but at least do not discard it. @Melvin-Moderator and I were just like you before, we refused to use concealers but everyone does, actors, tv hosts, it’s totally okay. He also has a video about this on YouTube.

I’m gonna talk with this place about their SMP, and will prob go for it too, will see. The more we can postpone our next HT the better right!?

Edited by Phab

Just now, Phab said:

@EvoXOhio I see. It does take some work to make it waterproof but it can be done, you would need to spray a locking mist @Melvin-Moderator has put a great video about this on YouTube.

But I understand what you mean, and it’s the same reason i’m looking into SMP.

I find toppik and the mist very good, you should try, it takes much less $$ and you can do the SMP too, but at least do not discard it. @Melvin-Moderator and I were just like you before, we refused to use concealers but everyone does, actors, tv hosts, it’s totally okay. He also has a video about this on YouTube.

I’m gonna talk with this place about their SMP, and will prob go for it too, will see. The more we can postpone our next HT the better. 

When I style and hairspray my hair now, my scalp is 90-95% covered. So I don’t really need any sort of concealer as I’m ok with this minimal amount of scalp showing. It’s only when my hair is messy and uncombed that I have noticeable scalp, and I’m those cases I wouldn’t be using concealer (I’d only use concealer if my hair was combed and styled.)

I have the upmost respect for guys prepared to use concealers, and think that they can be fantastic little tools to help pick up people's confidence in the early stages of hair loss, or whether adding to HT denisty. 

For me personally, I would feel using them similar to wearing a hair system, in the sense that, I would be hugely concerned about them being rubbed out, washed out, blown out, sweated out . . whatever that may be, it would always just be in the back of my mind. That combined with the fact that I am far too lazy to go through a whole routine each day applying them and getting my hair just right. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is, each to their own - I fully support and admire concealer wearers, however I think SMP plays a valuable alternative, and shouldn't be brushed off to the point at which people say 'just go for the toppik bro' . . SMP would certainly help alleviate some of the above concerns I listed. 

Edited by Curious25
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

I have the upmost respect for guys prepared to use concealers, and think that they can be fantastic little tools to help pick up people's confidence in the early stages of hair loss, or whether adding to HT denisty. 

For me personally, I would feel using them similar to wearing a hair system, in the sense that, I would be hugely concerned about them being rubbed out, washed out, blown out, sweated out . . whatever that may be, it would always just be in the back of my mind. That combined with the fact that I am far too lazy to go through a whole routine each day applying them and getting my hair just right. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is, each to their own - I fully support and admire concealer wearers, however I think SMP plays a valuable alternative, and shouldn't be brushed off to the point at which people say 'just go for the toppik bro' . . SMP would certainly help alleviate some of the above concerns I listed. 

I think with concealers of course there is always a concern that your cover could be blown. At least with dermmatch it can't really be washed out (without scrubbing) or blown out etc, it does not run or drip. I have over the years used it here and there, arguably one could use it for special occasions. The problem as you alluded to, is that, whilst it can be clever for the crown/mid-scalp where people aren't really looking, it works best if you ALREADY have good coverage. Therefore, if you already have good enough coverage to just say F it, is it worth the risk of direct sunlight or spot lights revealing that your scalp looks a little "off".

I used to use it to subtle effect on my mid-scalp and hairline. Once a friend pointed out in the sun that I had mud on my head. "oh? thanks, i'll rub that off". Embarrassing but no harm done :P

Edited by j1mmy

On 3/28/2021 at 3:06 PM, Curious25 said:

i feel the same way with smp that is going to be revealed in the sun at the park or wet at the beach/pool, but with hair fibers and spray it keeps the hairs looking fuller/bolder cos they attach to the hairs not just scap. Ive been trying to find a comparison between these two best forms of filling the gaps on thinning hair but with the sun and perhaps water components without luck. There are plenty of youtube buzzed head samples but not thinning hairs density outdoors wet in the sun

melvin posted a video on youtube with the concealer as i said and it looks awsome, i myself also have used it and nobody knows, but i have not seen one about smp yet and thats one thing what im scared off, but worse case scenario you can just use toppik on top of the smp i guess but then no point in paying $$$, the other thing is  what is the smp impact on doing an HT later

Edited by Phab

the only thing i dont like about concealer is the work you have to put on and put it off.

the concern that your cover could be blown is a real feeling that i felt in the beginning and without proper application, it'd get on the hands if someone touched my hair. but i have learned to use it and got so used to it that now i dont feel that anymore.

i could have waited 2 years or more if i didnt have this prejudice of concealer and gave it a shot before doing HT, wish I had someone at the time telling me how stupid I was, oh well

I guess the only way of knowing how the smp will look is to actually do it,

Edited by Phab

There is quite a bit of talk about topical dut now on other forums.

If it truly doesn't go systemstic, could it be an absolute gamechanger? In terms of having no side effects

Edited by Ronnieman

34 minutes ago, Ronnieman said:

There is quite a bit of talk about topical dut now on other forums.

If it truly doesn't go systemstic, could it be an absolute gamechanger? In terms of having no side effects

I’m on a discord chat about it, and lots of people are getting blood work done and finding that it does goes systemic to a degree. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvoXOhio said:

I’m on a discord chat about it, and lots of people are getting blood work done and finding that it does goes systemic to a degree. 

More Plates More Dates (guy on YouTube) said it may only go systematic about 20%

If the degree is relatively small, that is atleast promising.

Edited by Ronnieman

1 hour ago, EvoXOhio said:

@Ronnieman I've been using topical dut for 2 weeks, the gel one. and I have a feeling that it does go systemic but I will report back about this. There's ppl in that discord also reporting an increase in acne spread, that hasn't happened with me, but again too soon to tell

Edited by Phab
  • Thanks 1

It does but it very little

If it would you would see serum reduction of 90% and normally it's 15% or less

At 0.1% I get no reduction at all on my serum DHT and hair continues to improve

This truly is the greatest treatment available.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2021 at 6:31 PM, mustang said:

It does but it very little

If it would you would see serum reduction of 90% and normally it's 15% or less

At 0.1% I get no reduction at all on my serum DHT and hair continues to improve

This truly is the greatest treatment available.

And if you have sides from oral dut, a 75% reduction in serum DHT is going to translate into significant reduction in sides. I get minor sexual sides from oral dut; reduced erection strength, primarily. I would have to think that transitioning to topical would revive that to a meaningful degree.

17 hours ago, win200 said:

And if you have sides from oral dut, a 75% reduction in serum DHT is going to translate into significant reduction in sides. I get minor sexual sides from oral dut; reduced erection strength, primarily. I would have to think that transitioning to topical would revive that to a meaningful degree.

Sorry, I can't make sense of this post

Could you explain what you mean?

Oral dutasteride reduces up to 90% DHT. Anything above 50% will give you sides. Anything above 30% will give you mild sides. Anything below 25% you won't feel pretty much anything. That is my experience with DHT, side effects and bloodwork after 15 years but we are all different.