Topical Dutasteride

mustang

I am in procedyre to buy it from Fueclinic.

1) I use already finasteride, 0.5 every other days. Is it still okey to use Topical Dustateride

2) How often do you use it?

Edited by Ajamilo

hi @Mustang i want to ask you how to use dutasteride mesotherapy from Fueclinic, since you look educated on this matter. I inquired about the product from the clinic but i dont quite understand them. the instrcutions they sent were not clear. Plus do you recommend it over the normal topical duta if i have an aggressive hairloss? I really need some regrowth.

21 hours ago, Kajoo said:

hi @Mustang i want to ask you how to use dutasteride mesotherapy from Fueclinic, since you look educated on this matter. I inquired about the product from the clinic but i dont quite understand them. the instrcutions they sent were not clear. Plus do you recommend it over the normal topical duta if i have an aggressive hairloss? I really need some regrowth.

You should use both + either minoxidil or laser level cap for regrowth.

I use Topical Dutasteride only with Laser Cap right now but I am fully regrown on my crown area 

Hello Mustang,

Just received my topical duta from FUECLININC. Does it have to be used on the thining area only or on the whole head? i guess i must apply it directly on the scalp and rub it?

Also, as it does not have the same effect than minox I should use both of them?

Thank you in advance

Edited by Mendel

17 hours ago, mustang said:

You should use both + either minoxidil or laser level cap for regrowth.

I use Topical Dutasteride only with Laser Cap right now but I am fully regrown on my crown area 

I am dermarolling (1.5mm) once per week and using minoxidil+finasteride. how should i add them to my regime?

Alright so I got my topical dutasteride. It’s in a gel like form, and they say to use 1-3 pumps. My issue is that even 3 pumps is hardly anything, it’s maybe the size of a nickel. I feel like no matter how I try to rub it into the scalp, I’m likely getting most if not all of it in my hair instead. I can’t figure out how to ensure it’s getting on my scalp. I think if it was a straight liquid it would be better, but for whatever reason the place I bought it from (Strut) makes it as a gel. 

2 hours ago, EvoXOhio said:

Alright so I got my topical dutasteride. It’s in a gel like form, and they say to use 1-3 pumps. My issue is that even 3 pumps is hardly anything, it’s maybe the size of a nickel. I feel like no matter how I try to rub it into the scalp, I’m likely getting most if not all of it in my hair instead. I can’t figure out how to ensure it’s getting on my scalp. I think if it was a straight liquid it would be better, but for whatever reason the place I bought it from (Strut) makes it as a gel. 

haha did you get it from strutyours.com? it's the same with the one I got. It'd be easier to spread this gel if we didn't have hair. I'm thinking after this bottle is over, I'm just gonna take the pill, much better, and hopefully I wont have side-effects this time 

21 hours ago, Kajoo said:

I am dermarolling (1.5mm) once per week and using minoxidil+finasteride. how should i add them to my regime?

I would add mesotherapy once a month with the dermarolling, drastic effects. 

On 3/26/2021 at 10:55 AM, Mendel said:

Hello Mustang,

Just received my topical duta from FUECLININC. Does it have to be used on the thining area only or on the whole head? i guess i must apply it directly on the scalp and rub it?

Also, as it does not have the same effect than minox I should use both of them?

Thank you in advance

I only apply it on my crown and mid section where I have native hair left.

Since it's liquid it can stream a little to other places but it's not an issue for me.

8 hours ago, Phab said:

haha did you get it from strutyours.com? it's the same with the one I got. It'd be easier to spread this gel if we didn't have hair. I'm thinking after this bottle is over, I'm just gonna take the pill, much better, and hopefully I wont have side-effects this time 

Yeah I got it from strut, it came really fast. I found a discord where they were discussing topical DUT, and several others complained about the gel because they had hair.  They said the switched to the liquid and it’s 1000 times easier to apply and get onto the scalp. I’ve asked strut to switch me. The guys there also said what a lot of guys said here - you should only be applying once a week, not daily. 

the pill scares me because of its side effects. Even if I don’t notice any (I don’t get any from fin) I worry about the long term health effects on my prostate if I’m taking a pill that shuts down 95% of system DHT. 

Edited by EvoXOhio

5 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

Yeah I got it from strut, it came really fast. I found a discord where they were discussing topical DUT, and several others complained about the gel because they had hair.  They said the switched to the liquid and it’s 1000 times easier to apply and get onto the scalp. I’ve asked strut to switch me. The guys there also said what a lot of guys said here - you should only be applying once a week, not daily. 

the pill scares me because of its side effects. Even if I don’t notice any (I don’t get any from fin) I worry about the long term health effects on my prostate if I’m taking a pill that shuts down 95% of system DHT. 

Stay away from orals my friend

Stay away from daily applications at 0.1%

Just now, EvoXOhio said:

What I have is a topical that is 0.1%, but I plan to apply once a week. Does that sound right?

Yes, once a week and evaluate after 3 months

You can go up to twice a week 

Just now, mustang said:

Yes, once a week and evaluate after 3 months

You can go up to twice a week 

Ok cool. It’s going to be kind of hard for my to really judge it’s effectiveness, because I’m 8 months post hairline and crown HT so my results from that are still approving. Also I’m getting full scalp SMP I’m the month. So I likely won’t be able to accurately gauge if it’s working or not based on how much scalp I see. I’m going to try to find spots with miniaturized hairs in my mid scalp (where I didn’t get any hair added with my HT) and compare those over time. 

Just now, Phab said:

@EvoXOhio hey, thats cool, im gonna buy another bottle of the liquid to try since i have already opened this one, they give you 20% off the next order

Is this at Strut? If so i’m not following. I thought it was a monthly subscription at a set monthly cost?

Yeah from strut. You can suspend it, and so the "subscription" becomes just 1 order, that's what I did.

About the SMP, I was thinking of doing this too but I was discouraged after the place I was going to do told me that it's only worth it if you shave your head, because it might not look natural otherwise, this is what they said: you'd be required to buzz all existing hair down with a no guard clipper and maintain this length post-treatment to allow for the seamless blend of the treatment and your existing hair.

I also watched a video on youtube, where this is also explained. So I got discouraged to do it and will keep using toppik instead.

But it's just a heads up, it might still be good for you, I'm not saying not to do it, just make sure it's going to be good

Edited by Phab

Just now, Phab said:

Yeah from strut. You can suspend it, and so the "subscription" becomes just 1 order, that's what I did.

About the SMP, I was thinking of doing this too but I was discouraged after the place I was going to do told me that it's only worth it if you shave your head, because it might look natural otherwise, this is what they said: you'd be required to buzz all existing hair down with a no guard clipper and maintain this length post-treatment to allow for the seamless blend of the treatment and your existing hair.

I also watched a video on youtube, where it's explained that. So I got discouraged to do it and will keep using toppik instead.

But it's just a heads up, it might still be good for you, I'm not saying not to do it, just make sure it's going to be good

Ah ok. I have mine as monthly, but I will likely suspend after the next one since I’ll only be applying it once a week versus every day. 

as far as SMP there are two kinds - the kind for shaved head look and the kind for density treatments. You have to find a place that specializes in the density treatment kinds. I found several places around me that do it, and ended up picking the one that has the most examples and best results. The other key is that you have to enough hair to provide good coverage, and not be bald to the point where you have full on bald spots. You can’t get density SMP on a bald crown, but you can get it on a thinning area with half decent coverage. 

some SMP places only do the shaved head kind, which is likely the case for the places you talked to.

I’ve attached a few examples from the guy who will be doing mine.

24B75952-330C-4713-B38B-C2B08D92376A.png

6E5B4A2A-1280-489E-8EE9-73C7927FA78A.png

3CF26635-0B55-48A8-9216-49D4E14B7A0F.png

Interesting, I wonder what is the difference technically. Also, it's very difficult to judge by photos. It was already explained that photos can be very deceiving. BUT I'm not going to scratch that off yet. Need to hear from ppl who have done this and see what they think 

Just now, Phab said:

Interesting, I wonder what is the difference technically. Also, it's very difficult to judge by photos. It was already explained that photos can be very deceiving. BUT I'm not going to scratch that off yet. Need to hear from ppl who have done this and see what they think 

I think the difference in shaved look versus density is the size of the dots, the density, placement,  shading, etc. 

the place I’m going to is well known, 5 star reviews across the board both on review sites as well as SMP sites, and the artist doing mine has received multiple awards and is highly recognized in the industry. I’m not worried about the pictures being deceiving or inaccurate, but I understand the skepticism  

I’ve seen other places post video before and after me as well. Videos are much harder to sake. 

@EvoXOhio Cool, sounds like you've already done your research. What's the name of this artist?

I saw here, they have offices in NYC and Chicago, you're going to the one in Chicago? I live in NYC so I'm gonna call them up and check this out, it might postpone my 2nd HT which is good

Edited by Phab

35 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

Ah ok. I have mine as monthly, but I will likely suspend after the next one since I’ll only be applying it once a week versus every day. 

as far as SMP there are two kinds - the kind for shaved head look and the kind for density treatments. You have to find a place that specializes in the density treatment kinds. I found several places around me that do it, and ended up picking the one that has the most examples and best results. The other key is that you have to enough hair to provide good coverage, and not be bald to the point where you have full on bald spots. You can’t get density SMP on a bald crown, but you can get it on a thinning area with half decent coverage. 

some SMP places only do the shaved head kind, which is likely the case for the places you talked to.

I’ve attached a few examples from the guy who will be doing mine.

24B75952-330C-4713-B38B-C2B08D92376A.png

6E5B4A2A-1280-489E-8EE9-73C7927FA78A.png

3CF26635-0B55-48A8-9216-49D4E14B7A0F.png

These are fantastic.