Topical Dutasteride

mustang

I m not trying to fight. I m challenging my and your knowledge about this topic. By doing that i m either improving my knowledge or yours. There is clearly something unclear with what you have mentioned about your T levels. Not to mention that you have 99% did the ECLIA to measure your levels if you let your doctor choose since the LC MS MS is more expensive and not easily obtainable methodology for measuring hormonal levels. 

One thing. If you took the topical dose of finasteride of 0.03%, that means your overall dose of this drug on your scalp was 0.0003mg. You have gained sides from topical application of 0.0003mg? Can you understand my skepticism ?

This keeps getting more painful to read. Aside from not knowing how to spell a drug you don't know your dosages.

0.03% equals 0.3mg

There is exactly 1mg of finasteride in every 1ml of 0.1% topical finasteride. Thus 0.5mg in 0.05% and 0.3mg in 0.03%.

You really need to study more. Inform yourself better. Don't make assumptions you have no knowledge about. Don't mistreat people for no reason. 

Your skepticism would be well understood if it was based on true facts. You just made up a number.

1 minute ago, mustang said:

This keeps getting more painful to read. Aside from not knowing how to spell a drug you don't know your dosages.

0.03% equals 0.3mg

There is exactly 1mg of finasteride in every 1ml of 0.1% topical finasteride. Thus 0.5mg in 0.05% and 0.3mg in 0.03%.

You really need to study more. Inform yourself better. Don't make assumptions you have no knowledge about. Don't mistreat people for no reason. 

Your skepticism would be well understood if it was based on true facts. You just made up a number.

I have understood that i added too many zeros on the number as soon as i ve written the replay. So you applied 0.3mg on your scalp. You probably cant absorb systemically more than 5% of that dose unless you have open wounds on your scalp. Not to mention that unless you have a buzzcut, a lot of topical will be stuck in the hair and not touch the scalp. I have zero issues with a whole miligram but i m probably using a different solvent. You mentioned using a liposomal gel fin. I m using a classic Propylen glycol ethanol water solution.

I know that minoxidil is not the same drug as fin but, minoxidil can be absorbed into blood through skin from 0.8 to 4%. And thats with a high ethanol concentration. You would need to absorb atleast 0.2mg into your blood to have a significant change in serum DHT...It just doesnt add up to me

20 minutes ago, mustang said:

Ok. Cool

Let's move on

You keep doing what you are doing an I will do what works for me

Best of luck.

Many people did bloodwork before and after Fin, even after years, their T remained slightly elevated. Theres one crazy guy who does experiments on himself with steroids, anti androgens etc etc. He proved that his T levels increased, and in his case it negatively affected his hair because he is sensitive to T. His T increased by 20% after taking dutastiride for a year or so 

Edited by Thisisnotatest333

Also lad, you have lied about the existence of multiple studies about fin causing low T in long term use. There is literally one study which is not even done well yet there are plenty of 5year studies that prove my theory about the slight increase in T. There are many factors that can influence your T levels and 0.3mg of topical didnt cause that

• 8 months later...

Hi Guys

Dr Mwamba has made Topical Dutasteride available as well as Dutasteride Mesotherapy formula to be done at home with dermapen.

0.1% and 0.25% concentrations are available , 60 ml per bottle.

You can contact the clinic for purchase at info@fueclinic.com, prescription is free.

Can't believe I missed this post. 

Thanks for sharing, @mustang, I've been considering topical dutasteride too for a while. 

Couldn't really find any decent sources until recently when I saw Dr. Lupanzula also "concocts" it. 

What do you think, have you seen any benefits from it? Have you ever had a dut mesotherapy session?

I have been on it for a year

Dr Lupanzula only sells to his patients that come to his clinic I believe

It has stopped my hair loss completely and regrown my crown without side effects.

I had side effects with finasteride both oral and topical as well as oral dutasteride so for me it has been a godsend 

I lose less than 5 hairs a day from 100

Mesotherapy you can do yourself with a dermapen, Dr Mwamba also sells the bottle for it

Just contact info@fueclinic.com 

9 minutes ago, mustang said:

It has stopped my hair loss completely and regrown my crown without side effects.

I had side effects with finasteride both oral and topical as well as oral dutasteride so for me it has been a godsend 

I lose less than 5 hairs a day from 100

This is so great to hear, happy for you. :)

I think the reason why you never had sides is due to dut's fairly large molecular size so it wouldn't penetrate past the hypodermis. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. That was my protocol on TRT.

However, if you are not on TRT I think you can use Topical Dutasteride without the need of taking oral finasteride since it's much more effective on scalp DHT and leaves your serum DHT almost untouched. 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Topical dut is one of those things that seem to be getting a lot of attention like oral minoxidil. It's a shame there isn't anyone on YouTube or anywhere really tracking their progress in a monthly manner. I will be doing that with oral minoxidil once I get it.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Topical dut is one of those things that seem to be getting a lot of attention like oral minoxidil. It's a shame there isn't anyone on YouTube or anywhere really tracking their progress in a monthly manner. I will be doing that with oral minoxidil once I get it.

Totally agree.  If effective, it's a huge deal.  Even aside from sides, I'm not thrilled with the lack of clarity re: long-term impacts of DHT suppression on the brain.  There's a lot we don't know.

Also curious to see how you tolerate oral minox--I got very dark circles under my eyes immediately from vasodilation and had to drop it.

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, win200 said:

Totally agree.  If effective, it's a huge deal.  Even aside from sides, I'm not thrilled with the lack of clarity re: long-term impacts of DHT suppression on the brain.  There's a lot we don't know.

Also curious to see how you tolerate oral minox--I got very dark circles under my eyes immediately from vasodilation and had to drop it.

We shall see, I’ve tolerated the topical well, but you never know. At least, there will be a detailed experience on the web. I’ll try and take pictures of my eyes as well to see if I or anyone can see any changes. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, win200 said:

How much topical dut are people using, and how often?  I'm guessing the half-life is way different when it's applied topically (I'm currently taking .5mg/weekly).

How long have you been on 0.5mg dut for? Have you seen any regrowth or thickening ? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 3:54 PM, TorontoMan said:

How long have you been on 0.5mg dut for? Have you seen any regrowth or thickening ? 

Since about 2013. Hard to tell because I have a hairline transplant that makes it hard to discern if any regrowth has occurred. But I'll say that I've scarcely lost any hair at all in the last eight years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, win200 said:

Since about 2013. Hard to tell because I have a hairline transplant that makes it hard to discern if any regrowth has occurred. But I'll say that I've scarcely lost any hair at all in the last eight years.

That’s amazing 🙌🏻

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering if you've noticed any differences in efficacy between liposomal, trichosol and mesotherapy? How do your serum DHT levels look on each? I'm thinking about trying one of these and posting my results since your results are pretty insane

6 hours ago, deeznuts said:

Just wondering if you've noticed any differences in efficacy between liposomal, trichosol and mesotherapy? How do your serum DHT levels look on each? I'm thinking about trying one of these and posting my results since your results are pretty insane

It's dose dependent more than vehicle dependent.

My main goal is not having side effects and preserving the natural hair I have left. I have accomplished this so far with 0.1% Trichosol based Dutasteride. I use Dr Mwamba's formula. I also used Liposomal but I had sides (brain fog and anxiety, specially at 0.5%

My DHT with 0.1% remains intact. It quickly drops with 0.5% but nowhere near what it drops with topical or oral finasteride nor oral dutasteride.

Mesotherapy is for people looking to regrow hair. It's highly effective and something I will eventually try if I need to. For now topical dutasteride is more than enough for me and my libido is awesome and no brain fog. Can't ask much more than this.

Has anyone had issues with getting their topical supplied from Dr. Mwamba's clinic? I first contacted them in late January, couldn't get them to send an order link until February 18th, and STILL haven't gotten shipping confirmation even thought it's been over two weeks since I paid. It makes me worried about getting renewals filled promptly and not running out of product before they can get it together to reply and ship. Trying to be patient, but it seems like they're really disorganized.