Topical Dutasteride

mustang

7 hours ago, mustang said:

Liposomal or Trichosol, it doesn't matter.

One might be more effective at delivering the drug and therefor less concentration can be used but both will work.

Hello Mustang.

What do you think of xyons topical dutasteride?

I can't get over the huge dose.

Do you still do 0.1% topical dut ever 10 days?

What's your routine these days?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2023 at 6:12 AM, mustang said:

I would start with 0.025% (max 0.05%) once a week, 2ml for 3 months.

If your shedding stop or your hair looks the better and you have no side effects there is no reason to change anything.

I completely reversed hair loss with just once every 10 days. No sides.

@mustang I'm curious as to where you purchase your topical product from and what amount you apply every 10 days.  (This is a very long thread and can't seem to find where you stated your regime).  I'm interested in starting topicals but just now researching and not sure how much and how often.  Thanks in advance.  

Just now, jim1973 said:

@mustang I'm curious as to where you purchase your topical product from and what amount you apply every 10 days.  (This is a very long thread and can't seem to find where you stated your regime).  I'm interested in starting topicals but just now researching and not sure how much and how often.  Thanks in advance.  

@mustang I'd also be curious as to what the delivery vehicle of the medication is (or where you purchase from).  I see alot of people recommending liposomal delivery, while others state it works too slow and that either an alcohol base or glycol base would work better.  Between all of the products available (Hims, Keeps, Xyon, Strut, Happy, Head, etc. I'm not sure where to begin especially if they all sell basically the same products).  Any recommended inactive ingredients to include?  

8 hours ago, jim1973 said:

I've used both Parati's and FUE CLINIC's 

Parati is Liposomal, FUE CLINIC is Trichosol (no alcohol) but I see now they also offer Lipodut which is Liposomal

13 hours ago, mustang said:

I've used both Parati's and FUE CLINIC's 

Parati is Liposomal, FUE CLINIC is Trichosol (no alcohol) but I see now they also offer Lipodut which is Liposomal

@mustangDid you have better results with liposomal vs trichosol?  Any differences in scalp irritation between the two?

18 hours ago, jim1973 said:

@mustangDid you have better results with liposomal vs trichosol?  Any differences in scalp irritation between the two?

Liposomal has alcohol and Trichosol doesn't.

Liposomal is greasier oily to apply and Trichosol is watery.

In terms of results I couldn't tell a difference.

In terms of irritation Trichosol is 100% safe while Liposomal might irritate the scalp but didn't in my case.

With Liposomal you can get away with a lower concentration as it's more efficient in delivery.

Trichosol has inherent growth factors in the vehicle itself and smells nicer, it's also cheaper

I would think Liposomal would be my pick if I would go back to a once a week. If I would want to use daily or EOD then Trichosol for sure.

A good combination would be Finasteride 0.01-0.02% daily with Trichosol and Liposomal Dutasteride 0.1% once a week or Dutasteride Mesotherapy once a week 0.01% depending on how many ml you want to apply.

0.01% Fin reduces 10% DHT in my experience. 

0.025% around 25%. If you use 2ml per application you get to the same reduction as oral finasteride or close to it.

The larger area to cover the lower concentration I would use to apply more ml and avoid sides.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mustang said:

It's Chinese Dutasteride. Watch out, it's of very poor quality and cross contamination is likely.

Thanks. Do you know about some of the others, such as dutagen and lrak tech?

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2022 at 12:24 AM, mustang said:

I've been off for 9 months (personal reasons, won't disclose)

Before and After getting off Topical Dutasteride 0.1% once a week

1195297271_OnTopicalDutasteride.thumb.jpg.cb7412fc5ef4324d4e3f24b39486cc56.jpg

After

1808397380_NoTopicalDutasteride.thumb.JPG.3cc2303d75c05a6258959d0df135fc60.JPG

Did you ever make a fully recovery? what was your protocol?

I'm using the topical dutasteride from minoxidilmax - it seems to work quite well for my hair, noticing slight regrowth even.

i have had some minor sides, increase breast sensitivity initially and i feel like i hold more fat there now. not gyno in the sense that there's no hardening behind the nipple or anything like a "boob" look, just more fat being stored on my pecs. it is a minor side effect that i'm OK with, but it means it must be going systemic somewhat.
for comparison, i had a lowered libido on oral finasteride (1mg 3x a week), so i am getting less side effects using topical dutasteride than when i was on oral finasteride.

i've decreased my dose to just 0.25ml of the liquid dropper twice a week.