Topical Dutasteride

mustang

8 hours ago, RecycleBin said:

I used to take fin and discontinued due to sides. Recently started using topical dut and with the proper dosage I don't experience any negative effects. If you're considering a product like Xyon keep in mind the insane dose they use and I'd advise to go with lower concentration and would apply 1-2x a week at most. I tried using their product daily as prescribed and sides were almost immediate and went away in 4 days. I now use half the dose once a week and so far no side effects everything seems normal.

Hi RecycleBin,

Thanks for sharing. That's interesting.

I've heard about the xyon products. They seem interesting, but the fact many people seem to be reporting side effects does rather put a downer on their supposed system which should be reducing/eliminating systemic absorption. And their dosages seem scarily high I agree. What is the dose of their topical dutasteride?

It does always make me wonder when people say sides from dut went away after days, if some of the sides were slightly nocebo (no offence...im just trying to process all info critically)...surely with dutasterides monumental half life of 5 weeks, sides would take a lot longer to go away? ...saying this I did read that the half life and clearance of dutasteride was dependant on dose, and smaller doses were cleared much quicker. Read about it first on follicle thought.

Thanks again for sharing mate 

2 hours ago, Follicle1984 said:

Hi RecycleBin,

Thanks for sharing. That's interesting.

I've heard about the xyon products. They seem interesting, but the fact many people seem to be reporting side effects does rather put a downer on their supposed system which should be reducing/eliminating systemic absorption. And their dosages seem scarily high I agree. What is the dose of their topical dutasteride?

It does always make me wonder when people say sides from dut went away after days, if some of the sides were slightly nocebo (no offence...im just trying to process all info critically)...surely with dutasterides monumental half life of 5 weeks, sides would take a lot longer to go away? ...saying this I did read that the half life and clearance of dutasteride was dependant on dose, and smaller doses were cleared much quicker. Read about it first on follicle thought.

Thanks again for sharing mate 

They generally dose their topicals at 2% meaning 20mg of dutasteride per use which they recommend daily. I still use the product just at half a pump only once a week and haven't had problems since. In terms of sides I rather not go into too many details and deter people from using it because I genuinely believe topical dutasteride if dosed appropriately can produce results with no side effects I just think Xyon megadosed their product relying too heavily on their delivery vehicle. 

20 hours ago, Follicle1984 said:

Hi again Win.

Just thought of two more questions for when you are next on here...

Firstly, I believe you mentioned in other posts you tried/used oral dutasteride for quite a while? Did that give you any sides? Why do you choose topical over oral dut?

Also...does the topical dut still protect you from hair loss on cycle? Think I read you've used up to 700mg test? Apologies if I've miss read that. Can't remember where I read it now to check i got that correct.

Cheers mate.

Shoot, typed out whole response and browser ate it. Short version is I had sexual sides. Answer on second is that I've never done a cycle w/o being on oral dut, so can't answer that one and wouldn't want to try the experiment. 

48 minutes ago, win200 said:

Shoot, typed out whole response and browser ate it. Short version is I had sexual sides. Answer on second is that I've never done a cycle w/o being on oral dut, so can't answer that one and wouldn't want to try the experiment. 

Cheers Win.

Good to know the topical dut seems not to give you the same sides that oral dut did give you.

I guess in theory if you wipe out a massive chunk of the scalp 5aR enzyme, even on higher test cycles you would have significant protection..but as you say risky. A topical antiandrogen as an additional layer of protection would likely be beneficial.

I've just been rereading a dutasteride mesotherapy study, as there are so few topical dut studies. So I end up extrapolating from them. What is concerning is that in a group of 30 individuals who received a cumulative dose of 6.75 to 9mg dutasteride mesotherapy over 19 weeks, two of those individuals had a significiant reduction in sperm count from 29 to 7 million and a reduction in sperm motility. A change which was thankfully largely recovered they say in 3 months after cessation. Given that, I think anyone for whom the issue of fertility is important, any form of dutasteride should be considered carefully. It does seem to indicate, at least for dut mesotherapy, even in low doses, this stuff is going to go systemic. I guess to what degree physical noticible side effects occur however, that remains largely unknown. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2023 at 10:45 PM, RecycleBin said:

I used to take fin and discontinued due to sides. Recently started using topical dut and with the proper dosage I don't experience any negative effects. If you're considering a product like Xyon keep in mind the insane dose they use and I'd advise to go with lower concentration and would apply 1-2x a week at most. I tried using their product daily as prescribed and sides were almost immediate and went away in 4 days. I now use half the dose once a week and so far no side effects everything seems normal.

any follow ups regarding your xyon dut use? are you still side effect free with the reduced regimen?

10 hours ago, 12345 said:

any follow ups regarding your xyon dut use? are you still side effect free with the reduced regimen?

Im still using it once a week and I haven't noticed any sides since but I'll definitely ask Xyon for much lower dosage once the three months is over. I got a blood panel done prior and will be doing another one in a couple of months to make sure nothing is off hormone-wise

Just now, RecycleBin said:

Im still using it once a week and I haven't noticed any sides since but I'll definitely ask Xyon for much lower dosage once the three months is over. I got a blood panel done prior and will be doing another one in a couple of months to make sure nothing is off hormone-wise

let us know when they come back. i think we need to see that actual data to see the extent of systemic dht production. this helps us all.

On 9/13/2022 at 12:38 AM, mustang said:

I don't think it makes a difference as long as it doesn't have any penetration enhancement (like Minoxidilmax)

Strut is a good source in the US.

Just make sure you avoid MinoxidilMax

Hi, so unfortunately I ordered duderma before reading this thread. The process however was really smooth and with delivery to Europe in 5 days, with no taxes. Also I ordered the free item as new customer, paid for another one, both duderma and shipping expenses. I am 5 months after my last HT. Should I avoid it as it contains penetration enhancement? 

Is any member using it or has used it, to provide some feedback?

22 hours ago, stamos said:

Hi, so unfortunately I ordered duderma before reading this thread. The process however was really smooth and with delivery to Europe in 5 days, with no taxes. Also I ordered the free item as new customer, paid for another one, both duderma and shipping expenses. I am 5 months after my last HT. Should I avoid it as it contains penetration enhancement? 

Is any member using it or has used it, to provide some feedback?

I would advice you stay away from them but that's just my personal experience 

I had tremendous side effects with their bottles.

Try Liposomal at a lower dose and once a week, that's my 0.2

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mustang said:

I would advice you stay away from them but that's just my personal experience 

I had tremendous side effects with their bottles.

Try Liposomal at a lower dose and once a week, that's my 0.2

Thanks, can you please clarify the side effects and how often you used? Daily or weekly?

Hey guys! 

Quick question regarding this treatment: The stuff sold by FueClinic comes in 60ml bottles, and is supposed to be used 1x a week at 2ml according to the site. 

But then they also state it expires after 3 months. 

Why would they ship a 30 week supply, when it's only supposed to be good for 12 weeks? 

Or should I just ignore the expiration date?

FUE Clinic now has LipoDut and other Lipo solutions! Pretty cool!

https://www.fueclinic.com/services/treatments/lipodut/

LipoDut is the strongest and safest topical DHT inhibitor available today.

It reduces up to 90% of scalp DHT by blocking the 5 alpha-reductase enzyme locally while causing a negligible decline on serum DHT levels which significantly reduce the chances of side effects commonly reported on oral Dutasteride and Finasteride. Thanks to this new Liposomal vehicle we have been able to reduce the concentration while improving its absorption and delivery.

Due to having a larger molecular weight (537kda) than finasteride it remains longer in the scalp with only a miniscule fraction of the medication becoming vascularized and going systemic. Our patients report reduced shedding, hair loss stabilization, regrowth and minimal to no side effects while being able to use this medication every other day or even weekly due to its large half-life.

LipoDut is a unique and exclusive custom made Liposomal formula containing Dutasteride 0.05% and growth factors in the form of Trichoxidil that have a synergic effect on follicles preventing further miniaturization and thickening existing ones.

We recommend using 1ml three times a week. This formulation can be used together with CB-03-01 or Dutasteride Mesotherapy as well as Oral and Topical Minoxidil.

We do not recommend it to be used in conjunction with oral Finasteride or oral Dutasteride.

If you would like to obtain a bottle of Lipodut 0.05% solution (60ml, Liposomal) please fill in the form below with your details for evaluation and we will contact you within 24 hours

6 hours ago, sunsurfhair said:

FUE Clinic now has LipoDut and other Lipo solutions! Pretty cool!

https://www.fueclinic.com/services/treatments/lipodut/

LipoDut is the strongest and safest topical DHT inhibitor available today.

It reduces up to 90% of scalp DHT by blocking the 5 alpha-reductase enzyme locally while causing a negligible decline on serum DHT levels which significantly reduce the chances of side effects commonly reported on oral Dutasteride and Finasteride. Thanks to this new Liposomal vehicle we have been able to reduce the concentration while improving its absorption and delivery.

Due to having a larger molecular weight (537kda) than finasteride it remains longer in the scalp with only a miniscule fraction of the medication becoming vascularized and going systemic. Our patients report reduced shedding, hair loss stabilization, regrowth and minimal to no side effects while being able to use this medication every other day or even weekly due to its large half-life.

LipoDut is a unique and exclusive custom made Liposomal formula containing Dutasteride 0.05% and growth factors in the form of Trichoxidil that have a synergic effect on follicles preventing further miniaturization and thickening existing ones.

We recommend using 1ml three times a week. This formulation can be used together with CB-03-01 or Dutasteride Mesotherapy as well as Oral and Topical Minoxidil.

We do not recommend it to be used in conjunction with oral Finasteride or oral Dutasteride.

If you would like to obtain a bottle of Lipodut 0.05% solution (60ml, Liposomal) please fill in the form below with your details for evaluation and we will contact you within 24 hours

where are the studies? 

1 minute ago, sunsurfhair said:

Good question maybe ask FUE clinic directly? I have no association just noticed it on their site recently. 

problem is either they dont have any, or they have a study they conducted themselves with the results in their favor.

i just still dont feel there is topical dut on the market that is truly side effect free. seems as dut is just another option for those who can tolerate fin to explore. def not an option for those with fin sides from topical/orals

Has anyone tried making homemade topical dutasteride? Buying a topical dutasteride can be expensive and delivery might take a long time. In addition, after 3 months the product is not usable so it seems reasonable to produce it every 2 weeks or every month in a smaller amount.

I've found this vehicle recommendation: https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/ssy23v/i_wanted_to_share_with_everyone_this_cheap/
and I'm thinking about using it: https://getsomebeauty.com/product/balea-men-power-effect-caffeine-boost-tonic-150-ml/
to dissolve dutasteride oily capsules inside of it. Not sure if should dissolve whole capsules or try to cut them and dissolve only what's inside of them.

The downside I can think of is that this vehicle contains alcohol, so it won't do well with dutasteride mesotherapy (alcohol can irritate the skin quite easily).

Another vehicle I've heard of is: https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/nijtt9/topical_dutasteride_oral_minoxidil_dermastamp/

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Pantostin-Scalp-Hair-Therapeutic-Solution/dp/B00DIWYBS4/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=PANTOSTIN&qid=1680099447&sr=8-3

Not sure if it could be better.

Edited by hairywannabe

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, hairywannabe said:

Has anyone tried making homemade topical dutasteride? Buying a topical dutasteride can be expensive and delivery might take a long time. In addition, after 3 months the product is not usable so it seems reasonable to produce it every 2 weeks or every month in a smaller amount.

I've found this vehicle recommendation: https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/ssy23v/i_wanted_to_share_with_everyone_this_cheap/

and I'm thinking about using it: https://getsomebeauty.com/product/balea-men-power-effect-caffeine-boost-tonic-150-ml/

to dissolve dutasteride oily capsules inside of it. Not sure if should dissolve whole capsules or try to cut them and dissolve only what's inside of them.

The downside I can think of is that this vehicle contains alcohol, so it won't do well with dutasteride mesotherapy (alcohol can irritate the skin quite easily). 

I wouldn’t trust compounding a strong medication like Dutasteride at home. If cost is an issue just take it orally. You could take .5mg of dutasteride a week and it would be better than potentially absorbing 10mg at once trying to concoct your own topical. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
On 3/25/2023 at 2:11 PM, 12345 said:

problem is either they dont have any, or they have a study they conducted themselves with the results in their favor.

i just still dont feel there is topical dut on the market that is truly side effect free. seems as dut is just another option for those who can tolerate fin to explore. def not an option for those with fin sides from topical/orals

I don’t agree with this perception. Have there ever been any studies on hair transplants performed by anyone other than the surgeon themselves? No. Yet, we know they work because of independent reviews. 

We need more independent reviews on these topicals. I do not believe large scale studies are necessary. For one, they will never happen. A large scale independent study costs millions to finance. Only big pharmaceutical companies can invest that much money. Two, these medications are already FDA approved through the oral version, so no big pharmaceutical company would ever waste their time trying to get a topical approved. 

In the end, it’s not necessary. All you need is enough detailed independent reviews. Unfortunately, I’m employed by this forum, so my review may not be viewed as independent. That’s fair, that is why I pinned Toronto man’s thread, and not my own. You will never know if a treatment works unless you try it. Claiming topicals only work for those who don’t get sides from oral versions is pure speculation. I think it will unnecessarily scare others away from trying a topical. I know I was scared, and I’m happy I tried it. But do not take my word for it, talk to others. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Well guys, about 2 months on Topical Dut from FUE clinic- About .75mg to 1mg a week, and I have mild to moderate ED. 

Some days it's 50% EQ (like today), other days it's like 70%.

I must say that it does hold the hair well though. 

I will wait like 9 days since last application to apply again, and this time do 0.5mg 

I really like the convenience of once a week application as opposed to topical Fin.

I will try to manage dosage, perhaps even take oral Dut instead like 0.5mg every week...as my only concern with 0.5mg topical is will I get every part of the scalp.

I am really interested if Xyon Topical Dut truly has no sides, will check out that thread. Also LIPODUT sounds interesting.

I'm down to 70mg a week TRT now, which isn't as big an issue as when I was blasting 200mg this time last year! I'm optimistic about a solution, with all the above options.

Edited by Ronnieman

On 3/25/2023 at 9:11 PM, 12345 said:

I agree. It does appear these some of these companies are unwilling to obtain verifiable independent studies. Companies/Doctors marking their own homework just doesn't cut it.

On 3/29/2023 at 3:38 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

We need more independent reviews on these topicals. I do not believe large scale studies are necessary. For one, they will never happen. A large scale independent study costs millions to finance. Only big pharmaceutical companies can invest that much money.

This isn't the case.

How do with know? Because you posted a large scale randomized, double‐blind, double dummy, parallel‐group, 24‐week study was conducted in adult male outpatients with AGA at 45 sites in Europe.

The company that funded the study was Almirall S.A. 1.58 billion market cap. company.

The study:

Efficacy and safety of topical finasteride spray solution for male androgenetic alopecia: a phase III, randomized, controlled clinical trial

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9297965/

Edited by NikosHair

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Ronnieman said:

Well guys, about 2 months on Topical Dut from FUE clinic- About .75mg to 1mg a week, and I have mild to moderate ED. 

I will wait like 9 days since last application to apply again, and this time do 0.5mg 

I really like the convenience of once a week application as opposed to topical Fin.

I will try to manage dosage, perhaps even take oral Dut instead like 0.5mg every week...as my only concern with 0.5mg topical is will I get every part of the scalp.

I am really interested if Xyon Topical Dut truly has no sides, will check out that thread. Also LIPODUT sounds interesting.

I'm down to 70mg a week TRT now, which isn't as big an issue as when I was blasting 200mg this time last year! I'm optimistic about a solution, with all the above options.

I’ve been on it almost two months no sides. I have seen some anecdotal reports that their fin has caused side effects. I spoke with Dr. Vaño one of the leading hair loss doctors in Europe. He said topical dutasteride makes more sense, in term’s efficacy and safety used topically. The main thing is the vehicle. Liposomal silicone based vehicles appear to be the best option. 

Are you staying on TRT doses or are you blasting and cruising?

• Like 1

View my thread

17 hours ago, Ronnieman said:

Where do your levels (T, E2, DHT) end up on 70mg and how do you split up your dosing? Any HCG or AI?

13 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’ve been on it almost two months no sides. I have seen some anecdotal reports that their fin has caused side effects. I spoke with Dr. Vaño one of the leading hair loss doctors in Europe. He said topical dutasteride makes more sense, in term’s efficacy and safety used topically. The main thing is the vehicle. Liposomal silicone based vehicles appear to be the best option. 

Are you staying on TRT doses or are you blasting and cruising?

I am staying on 70mg TRT. No blasting for me that I forsee.

I'm gonna buy the LipoDut from Anagenica and see how that works.

2 hours ago, sunsurfhair said:

Where do your levels (T, E2, DHT) end up on 70mg and how do you split up your dosing? Any HCG or AI?

My T is about 1400 ng/dl 

e2 I think is fine, a bit high but I don't mind

DHT I haven't got tested in a long time. 

No HCG or AI, It's just a standard TRT dose with no real sides