• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

6 months and probably another 5-6 of improvements to come, although pretty happy with it already!

IMG_0155.jpg

• Like 3

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Looking amazing matt, both for 6 months and 763 grafts! Really happy for you, and shows promise for the future direction of HT artistry, utilising such few grafts! 

Do you have an idea of how many grafts you have left for the future (if needed)? 
What is your current medication routine, if any?
Do you have any pictures of what you looked like before your first surgery in 2013 (I checked your thread, however could only see post op pics)?

Edited by Curious25

59 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Looking amazing matt, both for 6 months and 763 grafts! Really happy for you, and shows promise for the future direction of HT artistry, utilising such few grafts! 

Do you have an idea of how many grafts you have left for the future (if needed)? 
What is your current medication routine, if any?
Do you have any pictures of what you looked like before your first surgery in 2013 (I checked your thread, however could only see post op pics)?

Laxity is pretty good so maybe another 1500-2000 via FUT and the same from FUE.  3000-4000max.

Proscar MWF 1.25mg.  I gave up min years ago due to scalp irritaion.  Also gave up on nizoral 6 months ago as I don't think it was necessary.

I'll dig out a picture or two...

• Administrators

Very impressive for a small number of grafts, Dr. Konior is giving Dr. Wong a run for his money for crowns. You and @makehairgreatagain have had fantastic results.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, HmDiars said:

I dont believe that wow! That's really small amount and amazing.

Did you use any medication after operation sir?

Only Proscar MWF, which I have taken for 7 years.

• 4 weeks later...

7 months.  Only subtle changes since last month.  I'll probably wait another 5 before another update.

IMG_0184.thumb.jpg.1eaf392b2e999fe997b51330dc13a726.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 2:50 PM, makehairgreatagain said:

Looks awesome! Extremely natural. Getting compliments?

I'm on enforced working from home, probably until next year, so not a lot from co-workers.  A few friends who know have said it's 'practically a full head of hair'. 

It's still a bit wiry as you can see in the photo, so looking forward to it maturing in the next year.

Looks brilliant Matt - you have perfect head of hair, theres no question. 

Re. your finasteride dosage - have you always microdosed at 1.25mg MWF, or is this the result of some trial and error? I've recently watched a customised dosage video, alongside some other smaller dosing threads, and I'm trying to get a general feeling of whether the efficacy vs elimination of sides is worth it or not. 

Thanks 

42 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Re. your finasteride dosage - have you always microdosed at 1.25mg MWF, or is this the result of some trial and error? I've recently watched a customised dosage video, alongside some other smaller dosing threads, and I'm trying to get a general feeling of whether the efficacy vs elimination of sides is worth it or not.

I've taken Fin since 2012.  1mg a day didn't work for me (brain fog).  I did one 1mg a week for a few years, then started experimenting with 0.25mg EOD, 0.5mg twice a week, 1.25mg twice a week.  Eventually I settled on 1.25mg MWF for about 18 months.  I take it last thing before bed to sleep through any sides.

There is the chart that shows it takes 7 days for DHT blood levels to return to normal after a single dose.  Based on that, I think 3 times a week is enough, maybe even twice, if you take it consistently.

From my understanding, the 6-8 hour half life of finasteride refers to its presence in the blood, and doesn't consider its enzyme inhibiting affects remain 'at work' for upto 30 days. With this in mind, if 5ar enzymes weren't continually produced on a day to day, you could theoretically take 1mg every 30 days - however the frequency is required to 'mop up' the new 5ar enzymes that. 

I think it would largely boil down to trial and error to establish the dose required, and the frequency of that dose needed on a case by case basis - I'm just trying to learn workout whether frequency > dosage, or vice versa.

Have you been able to notice a difference in your native hair quality between the different protocols you've tried and tested over the years - and what were the deciding factors that has led you to opt for 1.25mg MWF - as opposed to 0.5mg MWF, for instance. 

Thanks 

5 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

From my understanding, the 6-8 hour half life of finasteride refers to its presence in the blood, and doesn't consider its enzyme inhibiting affects remain 'at work' for upto 30 days. With this in mind, if 5ar enzymes weren't continually produced on a day to day, you could theoretically take 1mg every 30 days - however the frequency is required to 'mop up' the new 5ar enzymes that. 

I think it would largely boil down to trial and error to establish the dose required, and the frequency of that dose needed on a case by case basis - I'm just trying to learn workout whether frequency > dosage, or vice versa.

Have you been able to notice a difference in your native hair quality between the different protocols you've tried and tested over the years - and what were the deciding factors that has led you to opt for 1.25mg MWF - as opposed to 0.5mg MWF, for instance. 

Thanks 

I did do 0.5mg MWF originally when I was able to buy Propecia brand name at a reasonable price. However, prices went up so I switched to proscar: more difficult to split into roughly 0.625mg.

I can only judge my results on minimal head hair shedding, which has stayed low for a long time. I shed way more leg hair tbh in comparison. (body hair shedding said to be a fin side effect). 

You have to just go by feel in my opinion and I think you're on the right track. 

I think to get near optimal you need 3 times a week, ideally, at 0.25mg or above. Whatever you can tolerate. 

Twice a week at 0.5-1.25mg could work also. 

In both cases you must be consistent over many weeks, months and years. 

The guy who runs the Bald Truth (SK) used to say he took 5mg once a week. No idea if he still does but he still has hair. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Dr. Konior making crowns great again!

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.