18 months final result and very happy with it.

My hair is somewhat shorter in this as I'm self haircutting (can't be bothered with barbers at the moment) and a grade 4/5 at the top of the sides is a lot easier to do.

crown.thumb.jpg.3c9eb41bc7d855a875cb3e5b5fe98f7c.jpg

Edited by 1978matt
  • Like 6

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Just now, Coady said:

Konior the best in the business. How much per graft ?

I think he was $12 when I booked (2019 booking for 2020 surgery).  Probably $13-14 now.

Was thinking the other day that my 6220 grafts are now 'worth' $87,000 lol, but the majority were FUT not FUE.

• Administrators

Excellent results 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, 1978matt said:

18 months final result and very happy with it.

My hair is somewhat shorter in this as I'm self haircutting (can't be bothered with barbers at the moment) and a grade 4/5 at the top of the sides is a lot easier to do.

crown.thumb.jpg.3c9eb41bc7d855a875cb3e5b5fe98f7c.jpg

Jesus what a result wow 

Even those with trained eyes would never be able to tell that's a transplant.  💯

Quick question - do I see a little bit of residual redness on your crown or is that just a little bit of sun?

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

13 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

10/10 results. 

Do you have a thread to your 1st and 2nd hair transplants?

Yeah, they are in here somewhere.  If you search titles for 'Konior 4,320' or 'Konior 1,145'  they should come up.  (it's 4,320 in the title not 4,312.  Had the wrong number)

11 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

Even those with trained eyes would never be able to tell that's a transplant.  💯

Quick question - do I see a little bit of residual redness on your crown or is that just a little bit of sun?

It always seems to look redder in photos.  Though a possible reason is I'd combed my hair just prior.

I'm one of those guys who temporaily reddens at the slightest skin scratch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Matt, congratulations on your result. It’s crazy to me that konior filled in your crown like that with a little over 750 grafts. Others wouldn’t be able to get such a result with double that amount. Goes to show that #’s are only part of the equation.

Results like yours are what is tempting me to go with him but for another type of issue- donor restocking into areas of over harvesting. Thanks for sharing your story 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Brilliant result Matt. I'm a fellow Dr. Konior patient from years ago, I went with him for my first HT in 2014 based on your results! Haven't thought about it for years but starting to research now a second procedure. Even though there's a long waiting list and his prices have gone up to I see no reason to stray from Dr. Konior again for a second op, donor permitting!

• Like 1

FUT with Dr. Konior in 2014 - 3814 grafts - Thread

FUE with Dr. Pinto in May 2022 - 3252 grafts

On 6/23/2021 at 12:13 PM, 5BetaReductase said:

Matt, congratulations on your result. It’s crazy to me that konior filled in your crown like that with a little over 750 grafts. Others wouldn’t be able to get such a result with double that amount. Goes to show that #’s are only part of the equation.

Results like yours are what is tempting me to go with him but for another type of issue- donor restocking into areas of over harvesting. Thanks for sharing your story 

Absolutely. Unbelievable for the number of grafts.

May I ask what you mean by 'donor restocking into areas of over harvesting'? Sorry, I'm a bit of a novice, haha. Is there a reason why this would be an issue with Dr K specifically, as opposed to other surgeons?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Yossy said:

Absolutely. Unbelievable for the number of grafts.

May I ask what you mean by 'donor restocking into areas of over harvesting'? Sorry, I'm a bit of a novice, haha. Is there a reason why this would be an issue with Dr K specifically, as opposed to other surgeons?

He means taking hair from let’s say the beard and placing it in the donor. It’s also called donor farming. I may get some done in the near future.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Yossy said:

Thanks @Melvin- Moderator and @5BetaReductase for your replies. I appreciate it! I understand what it is now, but I'm still a little confused. Why would the concept of donor farming stop you from choosing Dr K? I'm booked in with him so was curious about that.

When I spoke to Dr. Konior close to 4 years ago, he was actually keen on the idea of donor farming and said it would definitely work. So I don't think there are any issues with this and Dr. Konior. 

View my thread