400+ and 2900 Grafts FUE with Feriduni

Thank you @Melvin-Moderator; @Gatsby@JohnAC71; @TorontoMan; @RubenH; @EvoXOhio! It means a lot to me from such experienced users. It could have easily ended in one of the horrible celebrity clinics without this forum. 

At month 5 and 6, I was really anxious as I was lacking much behind the timeline of my hairline surgery. See again pics at month 5 and 6. 

Also Feriduni just sent me a pic comparing before and after (almost similiar combed), which he did by himself^^. And the before pic is even darker than the after pick IMO.

Recipient_5month_1week_V2.jpg

IMG_20200711_113858.jpg

Before-after.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Thank you @Melvin-Moderator; @Gatsby@JohnAC71; @TorontoMan; @RubenH; @EvoXOhio! It means a lot to me from such experienced users. It could have easily ended in one of the horrible celebrity clinics without this forum. 

At month 5 and 6, I was really anxious as I was lacking much behind the timeline of my hairline surgery. See again pics at month 5 and 6. 

Also Feriduni just sent me a pic comparing before and after (almost similiar combed), which he did by himself^^. And the before pic is even darker than the after pick IMO.

Recipient_5month_1week_V2.jpg

IMG_20200711_113858.jpg

Before-after.JPG

You have quite the donor area. Did he tell you what sort of characteristics you have? How many grafts you could extract, what sort of thickness?

1 hour ago, tressful11 said:

I thought Dr. Feriduni didn't use a microscope

Didn't he use a microscope?  Where did you read such bullshit?  Besides, it would be absurd for him to reconstruct those natural hairlines without using a microscope.  The microscope is not used in the many low cost clinics or hair mills where to make more "customers" a day, you have to buy time.

50 minutes ago, qui bono said:

Its written in all his results something about that, you can search through his rep's result page

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/profile/32602-l0ke/content/?type=forums_topic&change_section=1

"No microscopic preparation of the follicular unit grafts."

Oh my God, so he's a magician, how can he not graft any multiple follicular units into hairline if he doesn't check them under the microscope? 😳

• Administrators

@Gasthoerer I’m particularly jealous if your donor. It looks untouched and dense as ever even after 3,000 grafts.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Egy said:

Oh my God, so he's a magician, how can he not graft any multiple follicular units into hairline if he doesn't check them under the microscope? 😳

It goes a little off-topic. No one is a magician 😉

Feriduni also offers FUT, therefore he also has microscopes.

- During FUT the team uses the microscopes to select between fine singles, singles and multies & during trimming of the grafts

- During FUE the team uses the microscopes only to select between fine singles, singles and multies, No trimming required

This topics is discussed in great detail here:

Case performed by Dr. Feriduni – 4374 FU in 2 procedures - Results Posted by Leading Hair Restoration Clinics - Hair Restoration Network - Community For and By Hair Loss Patients

• Like 1

2 hours ago, qui bono said:

@Gasthoerer ive said in private and ill say it here ... I love your results. When you consider Feriduni is taking those crown pics in bright light and it still looks SO SO dense and natural ... damn! Congrats on a great result

Thank you! I know you are very critical and have good eyes for detail. Means a lot to me 🙂 

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

@Gasthoerer I’m particularly jealous if your donor. It looks untouched and dense as ever even after 3,000 grafts.

3 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

You have quite the donor area. Did he tell you what sort of characteristics you have? How many grafts you could extract, what sort of thickness?

Thank you guys! Yes, I am very luck for the great donor, but keep in mind:  A strong donor requires also a high density in the recipient to look natural. In combination with my hair/skin contrast it is actually very challenging to achieve a dense looking result. And@Melvin-Moderator: I wish I would have half the beard as you have 😉

My hair characteristics are in my initial thread and I forgot to post them in this one:

Options for diffuse thinning - Hair Restoration Questions and Answers - Hair Restoration Network - Community For and By Hair Loss Patients

Summary:

- Feriduni, Bisanga and Lupanzula all calculated > 10 000 grafts with FUE. With the tool of Lorenzo and Erdogan (data from the other clinics) I calculated myself ~12 000 FU. Makes sense, as both are relative aggressive in their approach.

- Density was > 100 FU/cm2 in most areas (and >90 in all measured areas) with above average # of multies. Thickness is up to 75  (less on the sides and above the ears).

• Like 2

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

Thank you guys! Yes, I am very luck for the great donor, but keep in mind:  A strong donor requires also a high density in the recipient to look natural. In combination with my hair/skin contrast it is actually very challenging to achieve a dense looking result. And@Melvin-Moderator: I wish I would have half the beard as you have 😉

My hair characteristics are in my initial thread and I forgot to post them in this one:

Options for diffuse thinning - Hair Restoration Questions and Answers - Hair Restoration Network - Community For and By Hair Loss Patients

Summary:

- Feriduni, Bisanga and Lupanzula all calculated > 10 000 grafts with FUE. With the tool of Lorenzo and Erdogan (data from the other clinics) I calculated myself ~12 000 FU. Makes sense, as both are relative aggressive in their approach.

- Density was > 100 FU/cm2 in most areas (and >90 in all measured areas) with above average # of multies. Thickness is up to 75  (less on the sides and above the ears).

Wow 10,000 that’s incredible, looks like your never gonna need that much, but it’s good to know its there for a rainy day.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

51 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

It goes a little off-topic. No one is a magician 😉

Feriduni also offers FUT, therefore he also has microscopes.

- During FUT the team uses the microscopes to select between fine singles, singles and multies & during trimming of the grafts

- During FUE the team uses the microscopes only to select between fine singles, singles and multies, No trimming required

Ok ok, microscopes in one way or another are present with Feriduni.  👍

Hence, it is established that he is not a magician.

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Wow 10,000 that’s incredible, looks like your never gonna need that much, but it’s good to know its there for a rainy day.

Depending how greedy I am, I would probably need:

- 300-400 to finish the left hairline

- 500 to the right hairline in the next ten years

- 1000-1500 in the bridge in the next ten years

- If the crown expands another 2000 (hard to guess, but assuming I cannot take FIN, this might be a good guess)

--> Worst case ~4500 FU which should be OK with what is remaining. 

This is the best close up of the donor I can find...

13_month_donor_close_up.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

- If the crown expands another 2000 (hard to guess, but assuming I cannot take FIN, this might be a good guess)

Be greedy!!!

With your amazing donor, age and medication regime . . I would consider you as the perfect candidate to go all out and fully maximise your results - if it is a financially viable option. I mean you could look like legitimately have  David Schwimmer hair once you strengthen your hairline, and still have more grafts left in the bank than most people have starting out 😂 

Great results, and great thread my friend . . Thankyou for sharing. 

14 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Be greedy!!!... you could look like legitimately have  David Schwimmer hair once you strengthen your hairline, and still have more grafts left in the bank than most people have starting out 😂 

Haha, I thought about it^^ But the conservative approach served me well so far. It is not a budget thing, actually the small steps are much more expensive than bigger steps.

But I strongly believe:

a) Smaller surgeries increase you success ratio (just look at @Aftermath' result 😉

b) In case you fail you have more options left 

c) If you go aggressive, risk increases exponentially, because you need a much higher density to make it look natural:

--> You have to go very dense which increases failure rate

--> In case of poor growth you have to have a touch up to make it look natural

d) It is much easier to "Hide" a HT if you do small steps. Almost no one recognized I had a HT due to my small step approach. Most people think, that I just have a better hairstyle^^

e) The cosmetic benefit between NW0 and NW1.5ish becomes very small if you are > 30 years old, which makes risk / benefit ratio very poor. 

Edited by Gasthoerer

1 hour ago, RandoBrando517 said:

I’ve never seen a crown result that dense. How much does Feriduni charge per graft?

Thank you! But if this is the most dense result you have ever seen...well than you haven't seen the GOAT: Dr Hasson 660 hairline grafts update - Hair Restoration Results Posted by Patients - Hair Restoration Network - Community For and By Hair Loss Patients

Anyway, unfortunately, I forgot the exact treated area, but from the picture it is 9-10 cm in with and lenght. Assuming a circle the area is 63-70 cm2 --> 37 to 46 FU/cm2. Not even 50 % of my natural density. HT is just an illusion 😉

DSC_2061.JPG

DSC_2062.JPG

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 3/16/2021 at 2:11 PM, Gasthoerer said:

Jeezus 

79FD8BAC-A39B-480A-B515-00C26AA09566.jpeg

View my thread

17 hours ago, WildBlueberry said:

How big was your punch? The extractions look very small 

If done properly there should not be an issue with adjacent grafts. According to Feriduni one of the advantages of the WAW trumpet punch is, that you can go quite small even on multies for crown. If I remember right max. punch was 0.85, but I am not 100 % sure. Should have asked last week.

To be honest: Based on my surgery motorized WAW is much better than manual. But of course it is not a 1:1 comparison. 

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 1/3/2021 at 6:31 PM, giegnosiganoe said:
"On 12/31/2020 at 4:48 PM, Gasthoerer said:

I think I am not running out of donor soon. Actually I wear my hair in the back now much shorter than ever before (much shorter than on this picture)."

I'm curious to see this, any chance you could share it?

Sorry, for the extremly long wait^^ Here a picture 3.5 weeks after my third HT. Sides very short hair after ~400+2900+450 = 3750 Grafts. This is really the limit how short I cut my hair - skin fades are not for me 😉

OppositeSide_Week3.5_V02.jpg

Edited by Gasthoerer
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Hey Gas, you kept that one quiet - what did your latest surgery address? 

Haha, yes, but I always do. I used to post only after the (preliminary) results are available and gonna keep it that way. Plus this time, due to personal reasons and the pandemic, I do not have the 3 month check-up pics from the clinic. Now, I am 5 month post surgery. Not much to report yet^^

Anyway, just had again a very small surgery to address the weaker side in a very conservative way. Unfortunately, I have lost some ground compared to the latest pics as I had to stop minox due to side effects. 

With this I am done until the other side and especially the bridge between hairline and crown falls...hopefully not before I am 50+ 😉

DSC_0115.JPG

• Like 1