400+ and 2900 Grafts FUE with Feriduni

IMO the flat crown you pictured didn't really stand out to me as an issue. If I saw it like that on the street, I wouldn't really think anything of it. But if I saw the thinning crown, that would stand out to me even if it is age appropriate. I definitely agree the new shape is more aesthetic though.

On 12/31/2020 at 7:48 AM, Gasthoerer said:

I think I am not running out of donor soon. Actually I wear my hair in the back now much shorter than ever before (much shorter than on this picture).

I'm curious to see this, any chance you could share it?

18 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

IMO the flat crown you pictured didn't really stand out to me as an issue.

Thanks for the feedback. 

You are right, of course, it is not "an issue" per se, it is just a matter of aesthetic appearance. No one on the streets might see it as "wrong", but it still has a significant impact on looks (at least I feel it that way). Of course "looks" is always subjective (unlike coverage, which can be much easier "quantified"). 

I liked a lot that Feriduni shared the same "aesthetics"-preference like me, and spotted this point immediately. Non of the other clinics did...or they did not mention it.  

Regarding the PIC. As soon as the barbers are back open, I will sent you a PM. At the moment I had to cut the hair myself and it looks rather ridiculous^^

• Like 2

• Administrators

You’ve got a head of hair I can only dream about haha. 

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you for your kind words @tressful11

I am very happy with the results and only plan a small last step as shown above.

My advice is clearly: 

- Have a personal consultation and discuss the plan with the clinic. Feriduni is one the best in the personal communication. 

- Get minimum a second, better a third opinion

--> Decide then which plan (!) you like the most. 

For you your case there might be several options (donor to donor or BHT to donor). Feriduni is known for repair but not for BHT IMO. Therefore it is important to get a broader view. Best of luck. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 10:10 PM, Jeremyrees said:

Good job!!!!

Thanks!

Unfortunately, the final review at Feriduni, which should be in the next weeks, will be delayed due to the pandemic. There is a lot further improvement since month 8.5 IMO (my girlfriend actually says the same), but of course pics under the same boundary conditions would be better prove.

For crown surgery one needs a lot of patience, but man this was worth it. For carnival I just made a retro middle parting to match my 90 style disguise...this is the first time I could pull this up since more than 10 years. Never felt better so horribly styled^^

2 hours ago, Coady said:

any pics of the crown without the hair combed over it? looking great btw.

Well, actually there are two pics with the hairs split in the middle of the treated area on page two 🙂 Keep in mind: these pics are at month 8.5, there is a lot of pomade in the hair and the hair is still very thin. It has improved a lot since, as the hair has thickened in diameter. As soon as the clinics can have F2F consultations again, I will have new pics. 

On 12/31/2020 at 4:43 PM, Gasthoerer said:

8.5 month consulation at Feriduni. Hair styled with pomade. With a comb over it is looking great. Splitting the hair, it looks very natural but the hairs are still thin. My feeling it has improved further since. Do not use any concealer since month 6.5 any more (what a relief). EDIT: Found another recipient pic under worst conditions: Split apart, lots of pomade and with bright light. 

Recipient_spread_8month_2weeks.JPG

Profile_right_8_month_2weeks_undisclosed_V2.png

Recipient_styled_8month_2weeks (2).JPG

Recipient_Styled_8month_2weeks.JPG

DSC_6590.JPG

1 hour ago, EvoXOhio said:

Your crown is perfect, I am so jealous lol. I hope mine turns out half as good as yours. 

Thanks! I am really happy. Today was a really windy day, and I did not think about my hair for one second being outside the entire day. Best money ever spent...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Well, actually there are two pics with the hairs split in the middle of the treated area on page two 🙂 Keep in mind: these pics are at month 8.5, there is a lot of pomade in the hair and the hair is still very thin. It has improved a lot since, as the hair has thickened in diameter. As soon as the clinics can have F2F consultations again, I will have new pics. 

Thanks for sharing gasthoerer. Are you happy with the result ? Any pics in daylight ? Sorry I’m being annoying just interested in feriduni.

On 2/21/2021 at 5:57 PM, Coady said:

Thanks for sharing gasthoerer. Are you happy with the result ? Any pics in daylight ? Sorry I’m being annoying just interested in feriduni.

Yes, I am very happy. A women just told me this weekend: "You are lucky that you still got your hair". And she saw me in bright daylight on a really, really sunny day. 

I do not have really telling pics besides the ones I shared. With my normal slicked back style, it does look great under almost all conditions whatsoever. The thinnest area is actually the middle bridge section, just in between the treated area in the front and the crown. In some years I need a small touch up there as well. 

I will post more pics after my next visit at Feriduni's. He told me that there might be a chance for consultation in his German facility. 

• Administrators
20 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Yes, I am very happy. A women just told me this weekend: "You are lucky that you still got your hair". And she saw me in bright daylight on a really, really sunny day. 

I do not have really telling pics besides the ones I shared. With my normal slicked back style, it does look great under almost all conditions whatsoever. The thinnest area is actually the middle bridge section, just in between the treated area in the front and the crown. In some years I need a small touch up there as well. 

I will post more pics after my next visit at Feriduni's. He told me that there might be a chance for consultation in his German facility. 

I created a meme like this for IG last week haha

71E0CF0C-D7D4-4B14-B8B9-F936C8E47ADA.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 3 weeks later...

Last and final update approx. 13 month post surgery with Feriduni. 

It is hard to distinguish, but if you really zoom in - there is quite some improvement compared to the 8.5 month pics. All pics are with professional camera, flash and a lot of pomade in the hair. Keep also in mind - if have probably the worst possible hair skin contrast. Feriduni gave it a 14 out of 15 (high school grading which equals an A, and said he never gives a 15 or A+ 😉).  

1. Close Up - split in the middle of the treated area

2. Split - high in the treated area

3. Split low in the treated area

4. Split in the center of the treated area

5. My favorite: Split in the swirl area

On some of the pics you can guess, how short I wear the hair on the sides and the back - I just buzz it myself due to the pandemic. 

13_month_split_close_up.JPG

13_month_split_high.JPG

13_Month_split_low.JPG

13_month_split_mid.JPG

13_month_crown_splitswirl.JPG

Edited by Gasthoerer
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

Last and final update approx. 13 month post surgery with Feriduni. 

It is hard to distinguish, but if you really zoom in - there is quite some improvement compared to the 8.5 month pics. All pics are with professional camera, flash and a lot of pomade in the hair. Keep also in mind - if have probably the worst possible hair skin contrast. Feriduni gave it a 14 out of 15 (high school grading which equals an A, and said he never gives a 15 or A+ 😉).  

1. Close Up - split in the middle of the treated area

2. Split - high in the treated area

3. Split low in the treated area

4. Split in the center of the treated area

5. My favorite: Split in the swirl area

On some of the pics you can guess, how short I wear the hair on the sides and the back - I just buzz it myself due to the pandemic. 

13_month_split_close_up.JPG

13_month_split_high.JPG

13_Month_split_low.JPG

13_month_split_mid.JPG

13_month_crown_splitswirl.JPG

This is easily some of the best crown work I’ve seen

• Like 1

• Administrators

This is a work of art, absolutely incredible 10/10 👏🏼

• Like 1

View my thread