Dr. Koray Erdogan 5000 grafts

Der3k7

• 2 weeks later...

I also asked hw if there are any physiological factors that woild put them at a disadvantage for yield no matter how great the surgeon is and all the mentioned is not having good hair caliber or having not enough donor hair.

Psychology can affect immune system and wound healing. However I am not severly psychologically crazy with extreme anxiety disorder and I heal from wounds and sleep just fine. I did not have poor yield because of "psychological" issues. It was the surgery itself that caused poor yield.  

Edited by Der3k7

37 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I also asked hw if there are any physiological factors that woild put them at a disadvantage for yield no matter how great the surgeon is and all the mentioned is not having enough donor or having not enough donor hair.

Psychology can affect immune system and wound healing. However I am not severly psychologically crazy with extreme anxiety disorder and I heal from wounds and sleep just fine. I did not have poor yield because of "psychological" issues. It was the surgery itself that caused poor yield.  

Yeah ignore him, it's definitely not psychological. This ain't first time Asmed has produced subpar yields either, sorry to see those results and i hope you get a successful repair.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read all 34 pages of this rollercoaster thread.

Here's my take, which you won't like or accept but it's just my opinion!

I noticed I was thinning at 20 years old and it affected my life for another 11 years (31 now) before I got a HT.
All throughout my 20s I wanted a HT and I likely would never have considered my donor area or the future because that's simply just a part of being young.
 It's pure fortune I didn't pull the trigger and get a procedure until 31 years old. I'm on finasteride 3x a week (no sides luckily).

You've had (supposedly) over 7000 grafts before 30 years old and you can't take finasteride. Purely just from reading how you write I can tell you're pretty intelligent but also a perfectionist and also vanity driven (Not a good combo).

I do think if you get another HT you'll improve the temples and hairline and it will last a couple of years.
But after 10k grafts taken via FUE, it would be extremely likely that some of those hairs will be susceptible to DHT in the coming years. It's just probability.

The level of thinning on top and in the crown already concerns me, I think you're going to experience a lot more in the coming years and if you deplete your donor area you're going to end up with weird looking hair and a really terrible donor area before you are 40.

You're a good looking, intelligent person with a lot of life to live. Try and take this on board but if you don't that's none of my business.

Cheers

• Like 3

3 hours ago, EightHead said:

What a thread! Thanks for all of your posts OP. 

Lol for sure. I'm a very open person. Right now I'm working full time plus working an additional 35-40 hours per week on starting up a few e commerce businesses. I still haven't decided on my next surgeon yet. Everyone says hw are consistently putting out great results but to be honest I don't see many patient posts showing off work from hw coming out weekly in the forums. I see posts showing other doctors work but usually struggle to find hw. The most recent 2 are not good. But there have been good ones in the past. Diep consistently puts out video results every single Friday and they're always really good. People will say it's too early to judge them, but I haven't ever seen a great result come from a result that was barely even visible at 4-5 months. I'm gonna focus on my business for probably another 4-6 months before I decide. I wanna see more recent results coming from both Diep and hw. So I probably won't be getting the next hair transplant until end of next year and it'll probably be Around 2000-2250 grafts, with about 500-750 of the grafts being in my vertex and crown area to fill it in.

Edited by Der3k7

• Administrators

It’s refreshing to see someone open and honest, it really is great. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Looks great 👍🏼 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 year later...
41 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Same position as the end of this thread. Planning to go to hasson next year 

Good luck mate, i've just done my DHI HT two days ago at dr.Bruno Ferreira in Portugal.....worth every penny....now waiting game begins for results!

Will post a theread these days with pics!

Edited by Spaceguy
  • Like 2

On 5/25/2020 at 8:18 PM, Yaz89 said:

You are wrong about medication. Meds help thicken hair and can even grow miniaturised hairs back to terminal hairs. Including in THE DONOR. I am proof of this concept. Obviously thick, terminal hairs from the donor help in increasing the illusion of density. 

I have seen “normal” results of Couto and they all posted by real-patients in forums. Couto is also human....his marketing is good. Soft light for before surgery and harsh light to showcase the results. Lighting plays a huge factor. 

Nope. Other way round.

Most surgeons, including Couto I imagine, use harsh light BEFORE surgery. This shows the gaps between hairs and creates more a clear balding effect.

The soft light is used AFTER the surgery, to literally soften the effect and camouflage the density.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2020 at 4:29 PM, Der3k7 said:

Diep consistently puts out video results every single Friday and they're always really good

This used to be the case.

Now it doesn't seem to be so consistent...instead, nowadays they mostly seem to be videos of him showing donor regions that have undergone FUE vs FUT.

It would be reassuring if there were as many home-run results as there used to be. The fact that isn't the case intrigues me

30 minutes ago, shadowcast said:

How long was the wait list for Ferreira?

I waited 5 months!

But i'm glad i did it, he does all the procedure by himself (extraction and implementation), there is team of four lovely nurses helping him during the procedure (separating grafts under microscope and preparing implanter pens) and looking after me to feel comfortable in every moment.....and the atmosphere was great, they and doctor were joking all the time.

After each mini session (3 in a day) he revisited every implanted graft and adjusted it if needed.....perfectionist!

It was at least 8h for 1662 grafts, and good news was i have a really thick hair caliber so result should be quite good coverage.

I was at doubt should i do it or not but man i'm glad i did it just by looking at this pic.....writing this from the room 500m near the clinic, 2 days post op.....took some time over here so i can put a hat on my head and go to the airport.20211106_223107.thumb.jpg.2d0db056267c09d91d706e8e6810ec82.jpg

20211107_010930.thumb.jpg.5fe4d27689d1a1a344f1688eda19770a.jpg

Just to note that i had some hairs at the temples and forelock so he didn't have to fill it quite dense.

Edited by Spaceguy
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Spaceguy said:

I waited 5 months!

But i'm glad i did it, he does all the procedure by himself (extraction and implementation), there is team of four lovely nurses helping him during the procedure (separating grafts under microscope and preparing implanter pens) and looking after me to feel comfortable in every moment.....and the atmosphere was great, they and doctor were joking all the time.

After each mini session (3 in a day) he revisited every implanted graft and adjusted it if needed.....perfectionist!

It was at least 8h for 1662 grafts, and good news was i have a really thick hair caliber so result should be quite good coverage.

I was at doubt should i do it or not but man i'm glad i did it just by looking at this pic.....writing this from the room 500m near the clinic, 2 days post op.....took some time over here so i can put a hat on my head and go to the airport.20211106_223107.thumb.jpg.2d0db056267c09d91d706e8e6810ec82.jpg

20211107_010930.thumb.jpg.5fe4d27689d1a1a344f1688eda19770a.jpg

Just to note that i had some hairs at the temples and forelock so he didn't have to fill it quite dense.

Nice dense pack of 1600 for sure. Should turn out great. You should make your own thread to give your experience and if you have more photos to share. I would like to know more about Dr. Ferreira experiences. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ML488 said:

Nice dense pack of 1600 for sure. Should turn out great. You should make your own thread to give your experience and if you have more photos to share. I would like to know more about Dr. Ferreira experiences. 

Thnx....will try to create separate thread tonight

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 11:18 PM, BaldingtimetoLdar said:

This ain't first time Asmed has produced subpar yields either, sorry to see those results and i hope you get a successful repair.

Absolutely agree, this is not first case by Asmed as by their recent work they transformed more in hairmill than serious clinics, where dr. Koray Erdogan mostly not perform HT for you as patient, maybe in some more expensive packages if you pay, or if you are luck one get him, they have 6 more surgeons, and many technicians and perform 5-10x HT daily, and you never know who will be your surgeon, and if lucky guy, to get one with more experience and solid work :) ...

Clinics which start advertise with name of 1 doctor which else solid surgeon, and then you get absolutely other doctor at HT, not expected get good results, same happened with Asmed, here is many cases at HRN, when poor results by Asmed, and bad or no post-op for patients with poor results, else template messages "wait 12 months, and then doctor will respond".

Sure there is many cases where good-fair results, but not small number of not so good results, and bad support, that's probably why they are removed from recommended list at HRN.

I'm sad to see not well results in OP's case, and this not his guilty, but here is clear visible poor work of not well skilled surgeon. And i'm sure in his case wasn't involved dr. Koray Erdogan, but 1 of random surgeons at his clinic... And this say enough that moved to clinic which more care about money income than good results-quality.

Just now, Der3k7 said:

My yield was EXTREMELY  poor for 5000 grafts at asmed 

Forgive me but what exactly does "yield" mean specifically? By the looks of it a good amount of grafts just didn't take/grow. I am sorry you had this experience but your hair still looks rather good.