Dr. Koray Erdogan 5000 grafts

Der3k7

Just realized the exchange rate is .71 usd for a Canadian dollar right now and usually around.75. Hasson would be even cheaper than I thought. 5.68 or so usd for hasson compared to 8.44 for diep per graft

Edited by Der3k7

39 minutes ago, PlzRespond said:

Lol H&w charge American patients by usd. That’s so scammy to me. You need to do more research

Ohh OK. I think I remember them saying that. I just had a consult with rahal and they mentioned the exchange rate would make it cheaper for me for their clinic so I forgot hw told me that they charge usd the same 

37 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Ohh OK. I think I remember them saying that. I just had a consult with rahal and they mentioned the exchange rate would make it cheaper for me for their clinic so I forgot hw told me that they charge usd the same 

Yes with Rahal u can get the exchange rate deal. H&w scam u with their policy

• Administrators

How’s that a scam. A scam would imply their being deceitful, they’re open and transparent about their policy. Now, if they never said anything and led you to believe they would charge in CAD and then turn around and charge USD that would be a scam.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 3/31/2020 at 9:08 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

How’s that a scam. A scam would imply their being deceitful, they’re open and transparent about their policy. Now, if they never said anything and led you to believe they would charge in CAD and then turn around and charge USD that would be a scam.

@Melvin-Moderator have u ever heard of a US clinic charging it’s European patients in euros (since there is a better exchange rate) but then go ahead and charge their American patients in usd? Yeah...thought so...

thas basically what h&w are doing

I'm thinking maybe something like 1000 in the area circled in red and 1000 in the area circled in green and just filling in this conservative hairline maybe? Just asked hasson and wong about it.

C43F605E-806E-4890-90EE-9D6E8429858A.jpeg

1CE5B73D-3303-4567-B6B1-383571AFE96E.jpeg

3B2FFA23-5144-474D-87B0-89E744D1A0F1.jpeg

8F042D41-D79A-44A9-A6B1-E1C84F55C608.jpeg

Sorry to see you are not satisfied - you've obviously had improvement but for 5k grafts everyone would expect better. Your crown/midscalp looks good however. Asmed does seem to have fallen off lately with a lot more poor results, especially their hairline which I've noticed is see through and sparse. I had my procedure with them 4 years ago (I am mixed about my results, it's better than before but not as good as I hoped) and again I also have similar problem with sparse hairline. I had my op at their older clinic. At that time they were performing HT on 4 guys a day, which at the time I thought was excessive. Now I learn they are doing 8 a day (!!!) crazy, just madness. There comes a point where you keep your standards over greed, and looking at recent results Asmed seems to be crossing the line. Back when I was researching they were pumping out some cracking results. But as it's all done by technicians you're only as good as their skill. Their team at that time seemed to be very experienced, I recognised a lot of them from people posts on forums so you knew they had been there for a while. My result was ok, I would say 7/10 but could have been better I had 2500 in frontal third and 1500 in crown which was poor and didn't see much growth there.

• 3 weeks later...

Just has a second consult with diep. He's suggesting 1500 in my hairline and 500 spread throughout my thinning strip in my crown and the thinning spot on my vertex and he says I have enough density after that to reserve for my crown for future thinning. Total cost would be about 17k.

I think I'm gonna go to him 

Edited by Der3k7

• Administrators

Why don't you just do 1,500 and try out some medication to stop the thinning in the midscalp? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Cuz I would need the extra grafts to fill in my thinning top. 1500 would only be enough to fill in my hairline. And I've done meds. I get sexual side effects 

Have you tried microneedling with minoxidil, or topical finasteride?

View my thread

IvE tried finasteride, laser, and minoxidil. I don't like minoxidil, laser, or finasteride. I want real growing hair, more than I have now So I need transplantation. I also don't want to deal with hassle of microneedling. I want to fix it and forget it. I know I will continue to thin but that's life and I'll still have more donors in that tank after this to fill in a thinning crow. After this my hairline And crown should be good so I'll just need to fill in the top and back as it thins over the next 2-3 decades. I don't want anything to do with finasteride. I had post finasteride syndrome and have read horror stories. 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

IvE tried finasteride, laser, and minoxidil. I don't like minoxidil, laser, or finasteride. I want real growing hair, more than I have now So I need transplantation. I also don't want to deal with hassle of microneedling. I want to fix it and forget it. I know I will continue to thin but that's life and I'll still have more donors in that tank after this to fill in a thinning crow. After this my hairline And crown should be good so I'll just need to fill in the top and back as it thins over the next 2-3 decades. I don't want anything to do with finasteride. I had post finasteride syndrome and have read horror stories. 

At some point, you will run out of donor supply, 500 grafts will do very little in the long run. Just seems like you think hair transplants are a quick fix, and they're not. You still have a ton of hair to lose. Just think about it man that's all i'm saying. 

View my thread

It'll def help with where my top currently is at. And I'll still have more left. Yeah eventually I'll run out of grafts but that doesn't mean to stop doing hair transplants. I'll keep doing them until I have no more donor to spare. 

You do realize that even donor hair in the donor zones is still susceptible to miniaturization and loss right?....so what you see now may still thin over time...

Whats the point of you having spent all that money and more if you’re not going to protect your investment with at least using a dermaroller once or twice a week for 10 minutes...you may not grow much hair but at least it keeps the scalp blood flow and collagen induction active at the least...

Biggest fear Is risking further shockloss in the area where there is hair.  If you plant in between native hairs, it is a hit or miss depending on how much density is used and how how many microns your hair is.  

I completely hear you though, with the amount if grafts you already had it shouldve did the job.  Now you need more to rectify the areas that look thin.  Best of luck to you.

9 hours ago, Sean said:

Biggest fear Is risking further shockloss in the area where there is hair.  If you plant in between native hairs, it is a hit or miss depending on how much density is used and how how many microns your hair is.  

I completely hear you though, with the amount if grafts you already had it shouldve did the job.  Now you need more to rectify the areas that look thin.  Best of luck to you.

Yeah I'm optimistic about 2000 grafts with diep. 1500 with good yield in hairline should make it nice and 500 in the crown the improve the density. And in the future another 1000 from diep assuming it goes well in the crown as my hair thins on top.

C8797ECB-4383-455B-89DC-19F6F55A3904.jpeg

8B5FFF71-A9A3-41CF-9549-5BC3A5047CE2.jpeg

Edited by Der3k7

I would seriously reconsider going through with this plan. So, without Finasteride you're going to continue to thin. In fact, implanting in between existing hair can exacerbate the loss of surrounding native hair. You could actually permanently shock out some of your native from the trauma of surgery. Your net gain wouldn't be very noticeable. Dr Diep extracts very high in the donor and what could be considered out of the safe zone. I don't believe you would have another 1000 left after getting 2000 from him now. Your donor already looks very thin. Dr. Diep uses a 1 mm punch and he doesn't particularly take a sensible approach to donor harvesting. He doesn’t extract uniformly and wherever he extracts from is going to be thin. You probably won't be able to keep your sides as short as you have them in the most current pictures. Just be careful man this is a slippery slope.

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

My donor definitely still has capacity. Especially when compared to how thin my top is. People are constantly getting transplanted n to areas that have native hair to reinforce density for an extremely positive net result. If this wasn't the case then people would only be getting transplants in areas where there is no native hair and the idea of "improving density" wouldn't exist. Hasson suggested the exact same number of grafts as diep and rahal. I've also had 1mm punches before from artas, and I was totally fine, my scars aren't even noticeable when my hair is cut to.5mm from those 1mm punches. I have had hair transplanted between native hairs before. You're over estimating how much permanent shock loss there is. Also I will demand my hair be extracted uniformly. Hw also said I would have more donor capacity after a 2000 graft surgery. So did erdogan, diep, and rahal. I disagree that my donor looks "really thin" sure it's not as good as it was before,  but it's definitely thicker than my hairline and crown, meaning I would have a net gain from a high yield redistribution of some of those hairs to my top. 1500 grafts in my see through and rounded hairline to make it dense and more sharp will make a big cosmetic difference to my forehead and face. Also most of the hairs in my hairline currently are transplanted anyway, they're not native hairs. Also I am willing to sacrifice a little bit of density in my donor in order to fix my crown in the future. What's the point of having a dense donor area if you're thin on top? Makes more sense to redistribute the hairs in my opinion. And idk I've seen some dense high yield looking surgeries from hasson for sure but idk I feel like from pictures and videos I've seen from diep that he gets a higher yield for the amount of grafts used. But I haven't made my decision for sure yet. I'm still considering hw too. I have awhile before a will decide for sure 

A pretty good contrast between the two punch sizes. One of the reasons I was able to get 8300 punches out of my head without looking like a freak. .7mm -.8mm  the punches used on me. I would cringe at the notion of a 1mm punch unless I was always keeping my hair longer Or if you have really dense thick hair. 1FCA0E76-EF3E-4F13-A30A-CF18989887A5.thumb.jpeg.61baf53fbff253a522e98bb5a95816bd.jpeg

Pretty incredible for only around 2500 grafts right here. Also I've had 1mm punch by artas and my scars were barely even noticeable when I shaved my head down for my 2nd surgery and they're completely undetectable even when I shave to.5 gaurd. Diep just uploaded this today on YouTube. 

Edited by Der3k7