Dr. Koray Erdogan 5000 grafts

Der3k7

10 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Yeah, true....and as Dr Couto said, the salt n pepper hair color along with its coarseness helps.

I color my hair now in the back most of the time and even when it's solid dark brown it looks good. I don't like Grey hairs 

7 minutes ago, Sam818 said:

Honestly if your dead set on doing another procedure you should just go to H&W in my opinion. These new hair transplant rockstars and YouTube sensations and clinics with crazy marketing and artificially inflated reviews have come and gone but they’ve been at the top for 30 years. I think you mentioned you do risk analysis for a living and in my opinion it’s the least risky option.

Yeah I know what you mean for sure. Yeah I'm an actuarial analyst. I work for Mercer which is a consulting company 

Edited by Der3k7

8 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

@Der3k7 have you also considered Dr Bloxham?, just saw a video on YouTube  of a repair he did on a guy who’s 2 previous hts that didn’t fare well...and the results look very good..

I haven't heard of him. How consistent Are his results tho?

12 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

@Der3k7 

You’re the first person to get a hold of Cuoto, there was a guy here who acted like a child, who said he never returned his emails, but maybe I just answered my own question lol.

Actually I sent them the email and they replied to me 24 hours after , They online consultation is booked now for couple years and they advised me to call them to make in person consultation for next year , I will call them next week and see how it goes. 

23 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Ah gotchya....well the thing is never go by google reviews for any surgeons...but Couto and Diep are on my list of top docs.

Very Good and thoughtful answer , I am doing E-Commerce and I can write a blog about how the review can fool you , Especially in some certain industry , No question that we all got fool by review before , But as long as you learn more and deeply about how internet industry work , Then you will realize what exactly you deal with it ( Not to mention we have less than two decades of internet history ) 

Back to the point , Dr.Couto  , We are talking about a doctor who doesn't even have website , Doesn't have any REPRESENTATIVE here to represent him..But by just looking at his videos , I never seen any doctor who can even be close to him . I read on this forum some people even question his work , Well here is my answer , You can even deny when its dark and night and tell me you are seeing light of sunshine !  You can always put question for everything in the world no matter it is a legit question or not. 

But what I see is he is doing Great Job and doing a perfect work because of couple different reason

1- He is providing high quality video , Not even pictures . 

2- He is using comb all through the hair of patient and I can't even see any bald spot

3- His hairline is very nicely design 

4-He doesn't do many high graft and put all in front like some turkey doctors do .

There are many other reasons I can add to this post but I don't want to make it long. 

I agree that dr.diep is one of the top surgeons in US , But I saw some work from him that has large punch and not a perfect result that can beat Dr.Couto. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

I haven't heard of him. How consistent Are his results tho?

This is the recent case video he put up that I watched that I was referring to...maybe check out their channel, he seems conservative in his approach which is a positive for patients.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pMoLHPahqRw

18 minutes ago, parsia said:

Very Good and thoughtful answer , I am doing E-Commerce and I can write a blog about how the review can fool you , Especially in some certain industry , No question that we all got fool by review before , But as long as you learn more and deeply about how internet industry work , Then you will realize what exactly you deal with it ( Not to mention we have less than two decades of internet history ) 

Back to the point , Dr.Couto  , We are talking about a doctor who doesn't even have website , Doesn't have any REPRESENTATIVE here to represent him..But by just looking at his videos , I never seen any doctor who can even be close to him . I read on this forum some people even question his work , Well here is my answer , You can even deny when its dark and night and tell me you are seeing light of sunshine !  You can always put question for everything in the world no matter it is a legit question or not. 

But what I see is he is doing Great Job and doing a perfect work because of couple different reason

1- He is providing high quality video , Not even pictures . 

2- He is using comb all through the hair of patient and I can't even see any bald spot

3- His hairline is very nicely design 

4-He doesn't do many high graft and put all in front like some turkey doctors do .

There are many other reasons I can add to this post but I don't want to make it long. 

I agree that dr.diep is one of the top surgeons in US , But I saw some work from him that has large punch and not a perfect result that can beat Dr.Couto. 

I agree!

And, yes, if you’re familiar with internet marketing you know there are marketers and server ad farms paid to skew reviews, I’m not saying those of Dr Couto’s & Dieps are fraudulent, just take them with a grain of salt is my view.

Edited by CosmoKramer
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

I agree!

And, yes, if you’re familiar with internet marketing you know there are marketers and server ad farms paid to skew reviews, I’m not saying those of Dr Couto’s & Dieps are fraudulent, just take them with a grain of salt is my view.

Exactly , The point here is we are talking about a Spanish doctor that doesn't have any support here on the forums  because he is not in U.S , So people don't know him as much as they know US surgeon , Also I think the result stand by itself and of course nobody here should push their opinion , You just share your view and depends on the user to either agree or not .

If I see any superior result to Dr.Couto I will give up on him just right now , I have watch more than 100 videos of him and I'm a very detail oriented and perfectionism  guy , I tried a lot to find something to make me to dissatisfy from the work , I couldn't find any so far.  I don't think nobody can be even close to him..I used to be a fan of DR.Rahal for long time and I still think Rahal is one of the great surgeon in world , BUT the result of Dr.Couto is in highest possible level and really made me amazed. 

The only concern is those patients are most spanish/italian which has different kind of texture than white blond people which is valid. However since I have same type of italian hair ,  I don't think that will be valid in my case. I also like the fact that he ask some patients to have in person consultation and then validate them in person.

I remember one time I had consultation with Rahal back then and first he quoted me 2500 grafts , I just added some photos to convince him that I need more then he changed it to 4000 grafts since its hard to evaluate patient donor area on online consultation . 

A ticket for me to Madrid is only 950 or so and there's a tattoo artist I like there too. They told me to call them or email them so I may just call them soon. I gotta wake up early to call them before they close. 

Edited by Der3k7

2 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

A ticket for me to Madrid is only 950 or so and there's a tattoo artist I like there too 

Lol , So you kill two birds with one stone then .

I see many users want to find a surgeon overseas ( Outside of US) just because of the price , I do not agree with that. 

We don't get hair transplant everyday , SO why not going with the best? However if that BEST is not in US in my eye , I will spend more or less to do that with him.

Best luck with your journey . 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

A ticket for me to Madrid is only 950 or so and there's a tattoo artist I like there too. They told me to call them or email them so I may just call them soon. I gotta wake up early to call them before they close. 

Hey man, 

If you can why not. I have yet to see any non-clinic posted results, so you’d be the first. I’d be very eager to see. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

22 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

I color my hair now in the back most of the time and even when it's solid dark brown it looks good. I don't like Grey hairs 

Pics of donor dyed brown and faded? I’ve heard salt and pepper hides Scarring well. Would be interesting to see what it looks like after all being dyed

I usually dye it every time I get a haircut and it looks a lot better in my opinion. My scaring can only be seen when I shave my head anyway. I didn't dye it this last haircut though cuz I'm cutting back on going out day drinking/clubbing and am focusing more on studying and the gym so haven't had as much incentive to dye it. Only takes 5 minutes to do though 

10 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Hey man, 

If you can why not. I have yet to see any non-clinic posted results, so you’d be the first. I’d be very eager to see. 

Hi Melvin. 

I have seen one of the patient result on spanish forum other day  which has been posted by another user on this forum , I tried to find it again and provide the link for you but with some reason I wasn't able to find it, I am sure you have access to it . I believe thats the only one which has been shared on this forum. 

Best.

1 minute ago, parsia said:

Hi Melvin. 

I have seen one of the patient result on spanish forum other day  which has been posted by another user on this forum , I tried to find it again and provide the link for you but with some reason I wasn't able to find it, I am sure you have access to it . I believe thats the only one which has been shared on this forum. 

Best.

Was it a good result?

On 3/8/2020 at 7:33 PM, Der3k7 said:

Man if there were critics of That hairline have them show me links of other results that are more impressive than that. And if they exist they would only be 1% better....looks like one of those couto YouTube video results and it literally doesn't get any better than that 

Guess, I am the one you are referring too. But I did not criticise  the result: The result and the density is great. But all clinics have great results just as they have bad ones. What I criticise the technique of Diep in creating a hairline in general and his punchsize and extraction pattern in FUE. The first thing can be seen below. 

Anyway, Neither my critic on the hairline nor the rest of the case matching yours. You would not rebuilt a new hairline (if you do not lower it, which you shouldn't) and hence would not face similar issues. And you are also not going for FUT, I assume. 

The bigger punches of Diep maybe are even better for you, as this will create less stress on the grafts and this might be one of the reason for the poor result with ASMED (as the using very small punches). But in anyway, larger punches will affect you donor more and might make it more difficult to wear your hair short. 

I still recommend: Go in small 400 FUE sessions with someone like Konior etc. and do not (!) lower your hairline. There is no guarantee that the poor growth is a clinic issue, it can easily your physiology. 

On 1/30/2020 at 8:50 PM, Gasthoerer said:

Yes, Diep placed some few hairs (stranglers) in front of the actual hairline, but the main hairline is built be planting one graft next to each other like soldiers. 

You can clearly see this here in the pic below. This is a great result nevertheless, but Diep is IMO not up-to date on this. 

There was a discussion about it before. 

DIEP_small.jpg

3 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Guess, I am the one you are referring too. But I did not criticise  the result: The result and the density is great. But all clinics have great results just as they have bad ones. What I criticise the technique of Diep in creating a hairline in general and his punchsize and extraction pattern in FUE. The first thing can be seen below. 

Anyway, Neither my critic on the hairline nor the rest of the case matching yours. You would not rebuilt a new hairline (if you do not lower it, which you shouldn't) and hence would not face similar issues. And you are also not going for FUT, I assume. 

The bigger punches of Diep maybe are even better for you, as this will create less stress on the grafts and this might be one of the reason for the poor result with ASMED (as the using very small punches). But in anyway, larger punches will affect you donor more and might make it more difficult to wear your hair short. 

I still recommend: Go in small 400 FUE sessions with someone like Konior etc. and do not (!) lower your hairline. There is no guarantee that the poor growth is a clinic issue, it can easily your physiology. 

I had 2000 grafts extracted by artas before asmed and that users 1mm punch size and I was fine and my little white dots are not visible even when I do a low skin fade. They're only visible when i completely shave my head. I only ever saw them when I shaved my head Completely for my 2nd surgery. I don't like skin fade much either I prefer.5 at the shortest and I can't see scars at all 

Edited by Der3k7

Here's another comparison pc of me right before asmed. The hairline is drawn on cuz I was just messing around trying to envision myself with a hairline and it's hard to draw on yourself lol

F1FEBA9D-BDD1-4354-9D5E-7BDB91267EB7.jpeg

3211CE35-9E26-4B1D-A672-B0A98427AAEC.jpeg

58268934-7841-416B-B2FF-2EC50D27B38D.png

10BE730A-9E67-4A9A-9CBA-979256C14B81.jpeg

9 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

Here's another comparison pc of me right before asmed. The hairline is drawn on cuz I was just messing around trying to envision myself with a hairline and it's hard to draw on yourself lol

F1FEBA9D-BDD1-4354-9D5E-7BDB91267EB7.jpeg

3211CE35-9E26-4B1D-A672-B0A98427AAEC.jpeg

58268934-7841-416B-B2FF-2EC50D27B38D.png

10BE730A-9E67-4A9A-9CBA-979256C14B81.jpeg

If you want density like I have you need at least 80-100 grafts placed per sq cm. You can go to best doctor in the world and if your not getting close to that you will always look thin. Now keep in mind if your starting from scratch that would only be possible in 2-3 passes. If you have existing hair to work with you could look great in one pass. I think most people average on about 2-2.5 hairs per graft if you average out the total grafts extracted (singles,2s,3s..). 1mm punch is way too big. .08mm for natural results. 
mine was done with a combination of .07 and .08 punches and after 8300 grafts my donor looks great!!

I've seen density done by diep with 1mm punch and in 1 pass. Also in 1 pass by couto and hw. Also this would be my 3rd pass. I've had 2 already 

Edited by Der3k7

1 minute ago, Der3k7 said:

I've seen density done by diep with 1mm punch and in 1 pass 

I would like to see the break down of the cases your reference too. It’s just logic what I stated.  Again hair type will vary but your hair doesn’t look any thick than mine so I would say that’s about right what I said. 

Both of these guys had a 1mm punch by diep and their after pictures is after a single surgery and they are just as dense as you even for the first guy who isn't completely bald you can see in the corner of his hairline where he is completely bald which is a good 2 square inches is now fully dense after 1 pass. 

Honestly my donor looked fine after the 1mm pUnches I had by the artas robot as well. Had another 5000 grafts removed after that and I still can't see a single white dot on the back of my head unless I'm fully shaved down 

DA1DCB0F-3042-4E9A-8F66-B36CB1AAAC74.jpeg

E18E4299-13A0-4988-8DDC-482272F7C88B.jpeg

1F8CCE75-F30E-4A0E-AD95-EF8BE6C00D78.jpeg

8F7816B6-3554-4932-8FEE-1E97220FCA71.jpeg

Edited by Der3k7