Growing hair back? - The Big 3 ++ Journey

16 hours ago, jimcraig152 said:

Update that link I posted with the latest changes to your regiment. Add a link to the updated regiment to the OP. And add it to your signature so folks can easily find it.

I had to read through all 16 pages to ensure I had the latest regiment :).

wont let me edit that post. Ill just repost. 

• Like 1

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

**Updated 

HEALTH REGIMEN

***I have added products in between i.e. supplements, shampoos, conditioners, lotions….I don’t think any of them made a noticeable enough difference for the effort for me to continue paying for them. But feel free to ask me what they were.

My hair continues to grow!

Every Day Green Drink:

1 cup of water / 1 scoop of greens / ¼ tsp Vit C / 1 scoop of collagen

1)      Greens - https://team-isa.isagenix.com/en-us/products/vitality-well-being/individual/isagenix-organic-greens

2)      Vitamin C Ascorbate Crystals  https://www.vitacost.com/source-naturals-vitamin-c-sodium-ascorbate-crystals

3)      Collagen - https://www.neocell.com/products/collagen-protein-peptides

** I take more vitamin C usually 3/4 tsp but if you want to clean out your gut you can go heavy. Do some research on Vit C. 

Vitamins - follow directions for usage

daily/nightly https://team-isa.isagenix.com/en-us/products/vitality-well-being/individual/complete-essentials-daily-pack-with-isagenesis

Pumpkin seed oil pills - Vitacost https://bit.ly/2WgCa7A 

Biotin w/ bamboo extract - Vitacost https://bit.ly/3dDbJ1T

Zinc w/ copper - https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/solaray-zinc-copper-50mg-2mg-100-capsules/so-1988

7PM Every Night:

Finasteride – https://www.forhims.com/

Monday and Thursday Mornings:

Dermapen  A7 - https://www.drpenusa.com/ (front and temporal)

Derma roller – 1.5 purchase them on Amazon (Use  Amazon Smile!!!) (Crown Area)

I recently bought this one, its pretty good. - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VP4N48V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Every Night and Morning  (Except Monday and Thursday Mornings Because of Derma):

Rogaine Foam 5% (crown)

Spectral CBD (with nanoxidil) (front and crown) https://dslaboratories.com/products/spectral-cbd-innovative-hair-loss-treatment-with-nanoxidil-5-cbd

Shampoo Mondays / Thursdays / Saturdays:

Conditioner Everyday:

https://hairlossdhtshampoo.com/ 

Rivita CBD (basically every day unless I use the above)

https://dslaboratories.com/collections/mens/products/revita-cbd-purifying-shampoo

Every Night 25 minutes:

Laser Light – There are for sure better caps out there, I purchased this a few years ago.

https://us.currentbody.com/products/igrow

Every 6 Months:

30 day Cleanse:

Just an ** I started doing these for health purposes and to lose a little weight, i typically lose 10-25 lbs when I do these,  but I do believe they assist in keeping the functions of my body working better than not. A good example is I had a light case of Asthma When I started doing these in 2012, I have not had an attack since. I am not a doctor, and this is NOT a cure. But cleansing and intermittent fasting can help with many things.

https://team-isa.isagenix.com/en-us/products/weight-loss

EXERCISE AND EAT HEALTHY!!!

image.png.85df10ea71abbe810c07507cd0023935.png

• Thanks 1

Shifty, if you put your regimen in your posting signature, every time you would make a comment on somebody's topic it would increase the topic posts page count by 1! :D

How about adding these instructions to your last testament and will for your tombstone:

Hair lies Shifty with his hair thanks to...

<insert regimen as of last day>

xD

12 minutes ago, ciaus said:

Shifty, if you put your regimen in your posting signature, every time you would make a comment on somebody's topic it would increase the topic posts page count by 1! :D

How about adding these instructions to your last testament and will for your tombstone:

Hair lies Shifty with his hair thanks to...

<insert regimen as of last day>

xD

I added it! lol Also I am never dying so there's that. 

13 minutes ago, Sneak said:

Hi shifty, other than fin/min/derma what’s the next most important you think? I can’t quite be bothered to do your whole list but maybe add one more, I’m on fin/min/derma/nizoral now

I never used nizoral just an fyi. I bought it but ended up throwing it away and using the other brands.

I think they main thing is, to make any type of break through,  consistency. Don't wake up one day and say, "Ah forget this ill skip this today." And if you have to and its possible (like derma rolling as an example) do it the next day. 

The easiest things are anything you put in your mouth because they don't  disrupt your day at all. Like any pill its pop and go. 

For me the toughest is derma because it takes me 20 minutes and hurts like fuck. But I never miss 2 times a week. 

Great tips Shifty. I've been using Finasteride for 6 months now and my crown has almost doubled in thickness. Sadly not much has come back in at the front, though I'm going to wait 6 more months to see before having a hair transplant!

• Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 5:14 AM, Cardin1977 said:

Great tips Shifty. I've been using Finasteride for 6 months now and my crown has almost doubled in thickness. Sadly not much has come back in at the front, though I'm going to wait 6 more months to see before having a hair transplant!

Have you tried derma rolling the front? I think its worked wonder for me in conjunction with the other stuff. 

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Alanmc said:

@Shifty is the ds laboratories shampoo any better? Using the hair restoration laboratories one at the minute, wanted to change it around for a bit. Seen a lot of mixed reviews on the ds laboratories one tho! Cheers 😊 

I like it, I still use the HRL 2/3 days a week. Using the DS for the other days. The DS states use 5 days a week the HRL is 3. So I'm just using them both.  I will note I've recently stopped using Minox and exclusively use DS spray so we shall msee how that goes, so far no changes Ive noticed in the around month or so ive stopped miox. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Shifty said:

I like it, I still use the HRL 2/3 days a week. Using the DS for the other days. The DS states use 5 days a week the HRL is 3. So I'm just using them both.  I will note I've recently stopped using Minox and exclusively use DS spray so we shall msee how that goes, so far no changes Ive noticed in the around month or so ive stopped miox. 

Yeah started using the DS spray in September seems pretty good. Still using the HRL minox at the minute!

Thanks for the reply! 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So, I've had a bit of shed lately. Noticed it happening few months back. Been very gradual with the exception of the past week or so. I'm not too concerned as Ill note a couple things below. Still plenty of hair to use concealers i.e Toppik/Dermamatch. Seems to be a ton of hairs still there actually, just thinned out. The thicker hairs near the part are very reminiscent of what happened when I grew it back as well. So crossing my fingers! (again)

I've admittedly been careless during the 2020 quarantine, exactly the opposite of what should have happened considering I was home all day.  

I would skip Fin completely some days, sometimes 2 or 3 days in a row. At one point recently I went about a week without it because of a shipping issue. I would skip derma rolling and supplements as well.

I was just extremely  stressed because I hadn't made and money from Feb until about August. And the end of the year wasn't great either. So I was just neglecting everything in general.

I also stopped using Minox in September and started using DSLab products as a replacement. I wonder if this new product could cause shed as even with Minox shedding early on is a thing. or if not using Minox was a bad thing? I am now stuck in a hamster wheel of products and processes not knowing whats what! LOL 

I just started a new business as well  and my stress (who would have thought) is now triple what it was so that may be effecting my body as well. 

I will continue the regime, as strict as I started it and not neglect the processes like I did last year. Figured I would update the journey. I started this in 2018 so in am going on 3 years (Sept 2021). 

**WET HAIR UNDER BRIGHT LIGHT

image.png.906c4fff9389305d9fb6ae53212f28db.png

Just for comparison. dry hair quickly combed. I haven't had a hair cut since before Christmas. With a good textured hair cut, and a nice fade, still looks pretty good. 

image.png.9b69dbdafdcb45fb5ff327eca2f2db4b.png

I notice you comb your hair a little different when it’s wet so it can be a bit deceiving. Your part starts a lot higher on the wet pic and it comes to the same height as your whorl. In the dry you bring some of the thicker hairs that are lower down, up and over. Not a bad way to do it to give a better illusion of crown cover.

13 hours ago, Shmiggy said:

I notice you comb your hair a little different when it’s wet so it can be a bit deceiving. Your part starts a lot higher on the wet pic and it comes to the same height as your whorl. In the dry you bring some of the thicker hairs that are lower down, up and over. Not a bad way to do it to give a better illusion of crown cover.

I did that on purpose to show the weak points more clearly, but to also show that they are easily covered without looking un-natural. I guess in my whorls respect it doesnt look like a comb over thankfully. 

Also because of the light and how G'damn white my head is (lol) it also looks worse than it actually is. When the hair is dry its naturally thicker and casts more shadow covering the whiteness of my head and when its darker its even more unnoticeable.  Also helps I am 6'3". 

I imagine if i could actually tan my dome it would look better. 

• Haha 1

• Administrators
On 2/7/2021 at 4:05 PM, Shifty said:

Just for comparison. dry hair quickly combed. I haven't had a hair cut since before Christmas. With a good textured hair cut, and a nice fade, still looks pretty good. 

image.png.9b69dbdafdcb45fb5ff327eca2f2db4b.png

Living the dream man 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The coverage definitely looks better with a dry look IMHO.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

4 hours ago, Shifty said:

I wish, more like a nightmare lol 

Nah. You’re gonna be 45, brother. You have great coverage. A little Dermmatch or Toppik and it’s smooth sailing. I’d kill for that coverage.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Shifty said:

I wish, more like a nightmare lol 

No way man, you’ve got a good head of hair, miles better than how you were before.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 2 weeks later...

TIP :::  DON'T SLEEP ON FIBERS.

Nothing in my hair, right before I took a shower. Put some fiber in for shits and giggles (and pics) Was wearing a hat all day. 

1914989293_toppik2_21_21(2).jpg.1612c264b0bc2390f4840fa428ef8b7e.jpg

• Administrators
On 2/21/2021 at 2:00 PM, Shifty said:

TIP :::  DON'T SLEEP ON FIBERS.

Nothing in my hair, right before I took a shower. Put some fiber in for shits and giggles (and pics) Was wearing a hat all day. 

1914989293_toppik2_21_21(2).jpg.1612c264b0bc2390f4840fa428ef8b7e.jpg

Forget about hair transplants, you've found your solution. I find that fibers work really good, but obviously the more hair you have the better. 

• Like 3

View my thread