Growing hair back? - The Big 3 ++ Journey

21 hours ago, Shifty said:

I have no discernible sides from it thankfully. usually youll know right away from what Ive read and if they suck stop using it for sure.

Wrong sir...

5a inhibition results in allopregnanolone inhibition over time... Bottom line it can take time to mess up completely with your brains.

20 minutes ago, bensk said:

Wrong sir...

5a inhibition results in allopregnanolone inhibition over time... Bottom line it can take time to mess up completely with your brains.

I have been taking it for almost 2 years. ManyI.ve seen taking them usually has some type of reaction early on. I am not saying medically you are wrong I am saying you can know early on. As with any medication prolonged use can end up bad, I am well aware of that. 

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

I’ve seen an equal amount of cases that have claimed they have developed side effects many years into taking the medication, as I have with people who have experienced sides within the first 6 months. From a logical perspective, early onset of sides could be arguably more attributed to the psychological apprehension, particularly relating to sexual sides such as erectile disfunction, which is intrinsically linked to psychological influences. Interestingly, sudden onset of sides after prolonged duration on the medication, are seemingly more severe and take longer to subside, or ever return to baseline, which further backs up this theory. 

The principal function of the drug is no different to that of anabolic steroids, in the sense that they disturb and manipulate  your bodies natural hormone process chain. I’m yet to see or hear of any doctors who recommend lifelong use of AS’s . . maybe because there’s no pharmaceutical companies able to benefit millions from it considering they are illegal to sell pretty much all over the world. Aside from the legality aspect, I don’t understand why the stigma around finasteride should be so different to that of AS’s. They’re both hormone altering drugs, essentially used for cosmetic purposes. 

I have read that you can take it for years,almost a decade without any real  issue, I do think I will take a break for a bit at the actual 2 year mark in I think September to see what happens. 

So I received this in the mail today. -- https://dslaboratories.com/products/spectral-dnc-n-redensifying

I will try anything once. 

I've posted about this before.  Going to start tomorrow morning. Supposed to work in the front as well as top where Min does not. I will only use in front as I will still use Min on crown.  Ill take a pic tomorrow morning after shower and another when the bottle is finished and post for the world to see. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

One month to the day using Spectral DNC.  (1M is 1 month pic) I surprisingly think its working. Going to post close up of same temporal point after this. 

image.png.f83e0c9c1653c6e3e9d93c68d835e0e1.png

image.png.e61fda37848a51db6ebe9367a330ae51.png

D1 is day 1, Day 30 seemingly has a lot more new hairs growing. someone correct me if I am wrong. 

image.thumb.png.f354b43bc85eed4cd7e1acd2842aded7.png

image.png.43f9a7e35318f151b0dea2e8a75df753.png

On 4/26/2020 at 11:49 AM, Shifty said:

Any Questions Pm Me! Happy growing! 

HEALTH REGIMEN

***I have added products in between i.e. supplements, shampoos, conditioners, lotions….I don’t think any of them made a noticeable enough difference for the effort for me to continue paying for them. But feel free to ask me what they were.

My hair continues to grow!

Every Day Green Drink:

1 cup of water / 1 scoop of greens / ¼ tsp Vit C / 1 scoop of collagen

1)      Greens - https://team-isa.isagenix.com/en-us/products/vitality-well-being/individual/isagenix-organic-greens

2)      Vitamin C Ascorbate Crystals  https://www.vitacost.com/source-naturals-vitamin-c-sodium-ascorbate-crystals

3)      Collagen - https://www.vitacost.com/neocell-super-collagen-powder?ta=col&t=collagen

Every Morning and Night Vitamin pack:

https://team-isa.isagenix.com/en-us/products/vitality-well-being/individual/complete-essentials-daily-pack-with-isagenesis

7PM Every Night:

Finasteride – https://www.forhims.com/

Monday and Thursday Mornings:

Dermapen  A7 - https://www.drpenusa.com/ (front and temporal)

Derma roller – 1.5 purchase them on Amazon (Use  Amazon Smile!!!) (Crown Area)

Every Night and Morning  (Except Monday and Thursday Mornings Because of Derma):

Rogaine Foam 5% (crown)

Started 6.26.2020 Spectral-DNC With Nanoxodil 5% (front, crown and temporal)  (https://dslaboratories.com/products/spectral-cbd-innovative-hair-loss-treatment-with-nanoxidil-5-cbd

Shampoo Mondays / Thursdays / Saturdays:

Conditioner Everyday:

https://hairlossdhtshampoo.com/

Every other  Night 25 minutes: (recently changed)

Laser Light – There are for sure better caps out there, I purchased this a few years ago.

https://us.currentbody.com/products/igrow

Every 6 Months:

30 day Cleanse:

Just an ** I started doing these for health purposes and to lose a little weight, i typically lose 10-25 lbs when I do these,  but I do believe they assist in keeping the functions of my body working better than not. A good example is I had a light case of Asthma When I started doing these in 2012, I have not had an attack since. I am not a doctor, and this is NOT a cure. But cleansing and intermittent fasting can help with many things.

https://team-isa.isagenix.com/en-us/products/weight-loss

EXERCISE AND EAT HEALTHY!!!

image.png.85df10ea71abbe810c07507cd0023935.png

@tressful11 What do you mean main post?

• Thanks 1

On 10/30/2018 at 8:57 PM, Shifty said:

I have a appt with Diep next year. really not sure if I should go FUT or FUE.

42 yrs old -  hair loss happened really fast (between ages 39 and 41) no longer losing hair  - good skin laxity as far as I can tell - decent donor

I started taking fin along with minox a month ago. started using derma roller 2 weeks ago. I have been taking vitamins of all kinds for years. I do see small hairs growing near the temples where there wasn't any before so I am holding out hope things change a little for the better in the frontal and on top over the next few months with this regimen.

Dr. Diep stated 2500 FUE was what we are looking at with the possibility of more.

Do you guys think its possible to get decent coverage with 2500 (hopefully more he said he might be able to get up to 3500 depending on donor) FUE both front and top? Not to hot on the idea of FUT but also not to hot on the idea of more than 1 surgery, both are clearly on the table. I also have always kept my hair buzzed on sides and back. I want to keep the age appropriate hair line, I've always had the Eddie Munster "V".

Thanks for the info, just preparing myself mentally for fue or fut.

image.png.fe2815ab42c44c2302289932bac93b65.png

Thanks for guiding me to the right thread @Shifty
By first post, I meant this one.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tressful11 said:

Thanks for guiding me to the right thread @Shifty
By first post, I meant this one.

I hope it works! 

On 11/6/2018 at 3:59 PM, Shifty said:

image.png.0467d22b81449eb44f34e61cef5310c9.png

image.png.805049f15bb85d9cc46af4e763cf9ad7.png

image.png.ea1bb2d477d9690242356d4b566db653.png

image.png.f679e2680dc36bc996f3b86e4dc21a69.png

Looking at some of the first photos I posted, How is that even the same person...just under a year and a half ago

Edited by Shifty

• Administrators

It’s an incredible transformation, I’m still amazed 🤩

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, rocketmas said:

Incredible, no doubt. 

had a question about the supplements you use. Collagen - does that help with hair ? 

Thanks,

it is the most abundant protein in our bodies and some studies show benefits for hair & skin among a bunch of other things. There are different types of collagen and the human body starts using more than it can produce when we are in our 20's. From everything  I have read it can take a while for it to work which is the only draw back but I'm in it to win it so Ill be using it for a long time. Its easy to take because its a powder so not a big deal. drink it in the morning and Im good. 

5 hours ago, rocketmas said:

Shifty,

Thanks. I read about the product and the reviews and seems like many people finding it benefits hair growth, mostly in density and lustre. I will give it a try.

Thanks

Just an **

*** Derma rolling induces the production of collagen along with a  couple of other things. I you're going to start using collagen as a supplement you want to use it with a purpose.

Shifty,

Thanks. Purpose is improvement in hair/skin and any other help with knee joints and bones will help. I am in the 50s so feeling the initial pains of ageing. Is Vitamin C high dose essential with it _? 

Thanks

7 hours ago, rocketmas said:

Shifty,

Thanks. Purpose is improvement in hair/skin and any other help with knee joints and bones will help. I am in the 50s so feeling the initial pains of ageing. Is Vitamin C high dose essential with it _? 

Thanks

Vitamin C is essential for being healthy in general but in regards to your hair, your body needs Vitamin C to create collagen.  

You cant just look at one modality and say shit that didn't work or, shit it didn't work as good as I wanted it to. Everything is connected. So when you see me taking  Vitamin C understand I am personally taking it for many reasons but 1 of those reasons is because I believe it assists everything else I am doing.  

If you look way earlier in this thread I stated I am going to throw the kitchen sink at it, and I did. 

Hi,

You have amazing results and I can't help but think about your other supplements you take Spectral-DNC With Nanoxodil 5%. Whats your opinion on this -? Does this help with hair ? I do believe that Cannaboids have benefits but am not sure if it does here. Is there evidence that satisfied you ?

From my point own experience, I shifted to using Minoxidil 10% once a day from Minoxidil 5% and have seen improvement. There are several multiple new miniature hair grafts sprouting in the recessed area. I am hoping they grow to full length. So it is clear to me that 10% is better than 5%.

S

3 hours ago, rocketmas said:

Hi,

You have amazing results and I can't help but think about your other supplements you take Spectral-DNC With Nanoxodil 5%. Whats your opinion on this -? Does this help with hair ? I do believe that Cannaboids have benefits but am not sure if it does here. Is there evidence that satisfied you ?

From my point own experience, I shifted to using Minoxidil 10% once a day from Minoxidil 5% and have seen improvement. There are several multiple new miniature hair grafts sprouting in the recessed area. I am hoping they grow to full length. So it is clear to me that 10% is better than 5%.

S

Spectral-DNC With Nanoxodil 5% - I have only been using this for 1 month and a week but I am holding up my hopes, I posted the 1 month mark results  in this thread last week.

It can be used in tandem with Minoxidil because they work in different ways and through different pathways. I started using it because it is supposed to work on the front hairline whereas Minoxidil does not, so now I use Minoxidil and Spectral-DNC With Nanoxodil 5%  on the crown and Spectral-DNC With Nanoxodil 5% on the front. 

Minoxidil - Not sure where you are located but, maybe look into Minoxidil pill form? A few users in this forum have stated way better efficacy with pills vs topical. Also I didn't even know you can get 10% minox. 

On 11/7/2018 at 2:40 PM, Mick50 said:

Yea it's a bummer both my brother's never lost their hair ,one older and one younger ,my father was a NW 5 by the age of 30 ,all his brothers never lost their hair, same for his father  ,on my mother's side her 2 brothers never got male pattern baldness OK their hair isn't as thick as it was when they were younger ,but it's just old age where most guys hair thin  to some degree. Point is   all the male members on my family pretty much kept their hair apart form my father and me   , ha I would have been really pissed off if  my father had a full head of hair   and I lost mine ,that's just insult to injury  . 

Are u wearing concealer in this ? It looks great to be honest.