Growing hair back? - The Big 3 ++ Journey

On 4/29/2022 at 3:37 PM, Shifty said:

Yeah it's possible. Somehow developed tinnitus in December, so it's been an uphill battle finding out why. Just checking off boxes at this point. Ill ask a doctor.

I also developed tinnitus in my left ear and it was the result of stress as well as loud music. Funny thing is I only have it in one of my ears. Just try to use noise protection ear plugs at concerts, and avoid listening to things tooo loud. Three is no cure for tinnitus and there also isn't a single cause that the doctor will be able to link it to. And minoxidil causing tinnitus is highly unlikely. 

31 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Is this why you decided to jump off of Min in the first place? And if so did it go away when you stopped using Min?

it is, and it hasn't.

• Like 1

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

26 minutes ago, stephcurry30 said:

I also developed tinnitus in my left ear and it was the result of stress as well as loud music. Funny thing is I only have it in one of my ears. Just try to use noise protection ear plugs at concerts, and avoid listening to things tooo loud. Three is no cure for tinnitus and there also isn't a single cause that the doctor will be able to link it to. And minoxidil causing tinnitus is highly unlikely. 

I disagree with the cure thing. I think its probably something like a viral infection or something that has just never been correlated. I've had good results in lowering the pitch with a chiro and magnet therapy. I will agree my stress elevates it 100%. And I am very stressed lately so, both ears too. The pits. 

42 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Basically proof minoxdil works, looks much better.

Ive also been putting rosemary oil in my shampoos and honestly I think that made a difference. 

• 3 months later...

Hello all. Just an update. 5 years since my initial post. I stopped derma rolling regularly. Haven't used Minoxidil in a month or 2. I order Nanoxidil by mistake and no difference in hair at all so far.  

I have been drinking horsetail tea which I have read good things about as well for a few months.

This is bed head, woke up brushed teeth took some pics. 

Front.jpg

Left.jpg

Right.jpg

Top.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to update. I re-ordered nanoxidil but by mistake selected minoxidil. I used it for like a week and hair started to fall out. All that hair on crown and temples above this post is basically thin again. So annoying. 😫 Safe to say I am not using minoxidil again and hopefully the hair grows back using nanoxidil. This isnt a for or against minoxidil just me posting results as they happen. 

21 hours ago, Shifty said:

Just wanted to update. I re-ordered nanoxidil but by mistake selected minoxidil. I used it for like a week and hair started to fall out. All that hair on crown and temples above this post is basically thin again. So annoying. 😫 Safe to say I am not using minoxidil again and hopefully the hair grows back using nanoxidil. This isnt a for or against minoxidil just me posting results as they happen. 

Nanoxidil? Interesting id like to try this do you have a link? Is it as safe as min 

13 hours ago, Etownone said:

So you never got a hair transplant?   

Never. although even though I've had great results doing what I've been doing, it's never been an option I completely took off the table.

If anyone cares I'll be trying a new product that's on the way. Read both sides of the story on it but I'm a guinea pig so.... Nutrafol. I shall update on any changes if at all. 

As always documentation. Just now. This happened in maybe 2 weeks time. I do notice a bunch of small hairs in the front so hopefully on the rebound again.

I started using Minox but of note I am also extremely stressed from work so. I will update again if I see gains from starting nanoxidil few days ago and Nutrafol pills and collagen tomorrow.Topedit.jpg.b0c37a6af2c964e1c6e1c23087961594.jpgTempedit.jpg.8bb672109b0cb7c125081bcaa82bd969.jpg

Shifty - you’ll need 4,000 - have you looked into Turkey for the procedure?

I’m looking at Turkey - $3,000 Plus airfare - Boston- hair is similar to mine they said 4,000 - they want $16,000 over here 😂- Turkey has clinics that look like Beverly Hills clinics.

• Face Palm 2

Gatsby is right. Turkey is a lot if window dressing for tech mills. It’s a lottery on whether you will get the good techs. Save up and fly right. Surgery is hard to fix so give yourself the best possible chance. Go to a reputable doctor who is involved in the surgery.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Took a cpl pics with sunlight coming in through window. Already seeing the little white hairs growing back, maybe even more than before? We shall see. I am thinking a full month or so should get a better gauge how they are growing back.lefttemp3123.thumb.jpg.b420511b60d66dd31fb84c6e63fa6e61.jpgwidow3123.jpg.e80fbc73c8437b902579d8f0a03d73bc.jpg

2.5 weeks. I think it's going well.  5 years of doing well and in 2 weeks it all falls out lol g'damnit. 

Thoughts?

top310zoom.thumb.jpg.5eb1365d6adaf8738032b18f878d2af7.jpg

front310zoom.thumb.jpg.5c203eaa3fc7efc988b5c60bd6b85f04.jpg

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, Shifty said:

2.5 weeks. I think it's going well.  5 years of doing well and in 2 weeks it all falls out lol g'damnit. 

Thoughts?

It's definitely getting better. You have shown not only that it's possible for some people to grow a decent amount of hair back without having a hair transplant, but also that it's not always easy to maintain it over the years.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

5 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

It's definitely getting better. You have shown not only that it's possible for some people to grow a decent amount of hair back without having a hair transplant, but also that it's not always easy to maintain it over the years.

Yeah I've said in this thread a few times the one thing I do well is sticking to the regimen. It can be  annoying because who wants to do some of the ish I do every morning and night and take all of these supplements every day but if I want to see and keep results, I have to be consistent.  I also think if this goes well this might be a relatively good nod toward nanoxidil. I was never really sold on it and unless minox and nanox do oogats similarly, it clearly works. 

3/2 vs 3/10 I added a green dot for reference as you notice the hairs on the side of my head grow downward.

image.thumb.png.5761f2692ce23bef11c6db8fb9b178bb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Trucking along. A lot of small hairs that seemingly are thickening again. I started documenting this phase 2/23. 

The front is looking very promising. 

image.png.77c4b27e0c61c42a92fc44f78084f379.png

image.thumb.png.d29ea8473e4d67d4fcfaf314e683d39d.png

Was going over some work videos of mine, this is an image from a video that was taken January 20th  🤕

image.png.11f1ec255ed6e18b41f919c50d9237e7.png