7 months post op. FUE 3000 grafts. Hope/fail?

pourladanse

I had a 3000 graft FUE hair-transplant with one of the top FUE-doctors (highly recommended by across the forum etc) and I've now reached 7months since the procedure. I'm not happy at all and had hoped for much better growth. I wanted to check with you guys what you think? After 7months can I really hope for a denser result or is this a failed HT?

Please see attached pictures pre-op, directly after, 6months and 7months.

5b32f7e33dcfa_sidepreop.jpg.bc6a5a137dcfc2f9cbea3ec1fa0d4202.jpg

5b32f7e35837b_Frontpreop.jpg.ff44b7e21db7b4e070f502d442d95dce.jpg

5b32f7e38146c_postop1dayfront.thumb.jpeg.705b6764b0cef6922c29ca552f6a81c1.jpeg

5b32f7e3e4c97_postop1dayside.thumb.jpeg.5f22078553e0c530bcb71f030d6e087a.jpeg

5b32f7e41a14f_6mpostop1.jpeg.429099b569d1a1b8e495b4ef72a82a6b.jpeg

5b32f7e4beb03_6mpostop3.jpeg.41e0e00cdd8fac251c5f835a363b3aac.jpeg

5b32f7e4d81bb_6mpostop2.jpeg.102a97837b0030a66301ef7c9c3213ab.jpeg

5b32f7e4e7c3b_7mpostop.jpeg.7f4e9cf9e63c5fb4ea98bb35743b1356.jpeg

5b32f7e5027d3_7mpostop2.jpeg.9afb6401fb8db5c56a4fc74b5fbdd7a8.jpeg

5b32f7e51edcd_7mpostop3.thumb.jpeg.34d2cadb97932ad50dc11442437245fa.jpeg

Hi pour,

You may just be a slow grower, 7 months is still earlier. Many report a big improvement from 7 to 9 months. Try not compare to others, as so many factors contribute. The post Op looks clean and dense. The lighting looks very harsh as well, lighting does make such a difference. Looks to me to be the work of a certain well respected Dr in Brussels. If I'm right, his track record is excellent. 12 months really is the minimum before the 'fail' word can be used. Keep your chin up friend, keep us updated. Fingers crossed for you.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Hey buddy I agree that does look lacking at 7 months. However, 99% of the time I read similar posts to this one 12 months down the road they look fine. Like the poster above me said you might just be a slow grower. What I would do if I were you is use the search function and find others who have complained at 7 months only to find a few months later they were happy with their results.

I disagree slightly around 7 months being 'early' in the process of the frontal third of the scalp. Most grafts should have appeared in this area by now.

Back towards crown the growth is normally slower and can take lot longer.

I would advise the OP to grow the hair out so the thin areas are very clearly visible.

Who was the surgeon? I also thinks this looks like a well known Dr from Brussels's work. Will let the patient confirm though.

We are in the same boat. Unfortunately, I think that there are no “slow growers” or “late bloomers”. This is, more or less, a myth. I have searched a lot on the web for this issue and I haven’t found really cases of slow growers. It is worth noting that when I say a slow grower, I mean people who have zero growth at 6 months (or below 10-15%) and decent growth at 12-18 months (i.e. above 70%).

Edited by giorgosris

To be honest I would expect to see more growth than this at seven months. There's still time though, give it a few more months and judge it then.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You would typically see much more growth by 7 months. I understand why you’re concerned especially after 3,000 grafts. Everyone is different but my initial growth started around the third month but my second surgery showed slower but good results around 5 months. Others do experience late growth, let’s hope you’re one of those. Best of luck to you. Keep us posted.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

***12 MONTH UPDATE***

It has now almost been 12 months since my procedure. It has improved a bit since 7 months but it is clear that the result not is what I expected/wanted. It is too sparse in my opinion but I'm keen to hear your thoughts? I also still have soreness in the recipient area (sometimes worse and sometimes better). I had a check-up with the surgeon who agreed that the result was not up to expectations and promised to touch it up for free. During the visit the surgeon also said that I still have redness and signs of mild irritation/inflammation and prescribed me Clobex. He also said that the inflammation could be the reason for the poor growth and if treated the transplanted grafts could come up. I tried Clobex but my Seb derm worsened (note; I didn't have Seb Derm before the surgery). I have instead been using Nizoral every day which has helped. I visited a scalp dermatologist who wasn't too concerned about my scalp-health but confirmed the redness and instead ordered me to continue with the Nizoral but to add Diprosalic. Interestingly the dermatologist told me i have a lot of miniature hairs in my recipient area and that I should revisit using Regain.

12month1.thumb.jpg.430b589d2781571b5c749940e180b771.jpg

12month2.thumb.jpeg.fa2a7c591da4e8164d000c679f7930e3.jpeg

12month3.thumb.jpeg.5f49c982ffad576b3af1ed7ee5aa1961.jpeg

12month4.thumb.jpeg.670476441e31682084246e9034794410.jpeg

Agreed that it's not quite as good as you'd hope for but honestly that's a pretty good improvement. You have hair where you previously had none. Hopefully the touch ups add a bit of density.

My 2nd FUE I had a lot of thickening up to 24 months after so hopefully you'll see the same.

Hi pourladanse,

Could you disclosure the name of the surgeon?

It seems he is standing up for his work despite in this case not being the optimal, so, it might be helpful for others users to know.

Cheers,

utxeee.

Hi pourladanse,

Could you disclosure the name of the surgeon?

It seems he is standing up for his work despite in this case not being the optimal, so, it might be helpful for others users to know.

Cheers,

utxeee.

Bisanga, can tell from the pre op photos and hairline design.

Hi,

I looked through your pages. Checkout my story and see what I did. I would suggest you do something similar and start consulting with your current surgeon and other to doctors recommended on here to help figure out next steps