DR KORAY ERDOGAN

- PATIENT'S AGE: 27

- NW: IV

- Total transplanted area: 100 cm2

- Total donor capacity: 6800 grafts

THE PATIENT HAD A FUT OPERATION BEFORE.

* Temporal, Parietal and Occipital density: 70-80-60 uf/cm2

* Temporal, Parietal and Occipital Hair Diameter: 60-50-50 micron

- OPERATION DETAILS: 3205 grafts FUE extracted by manual punch, diameters 0.7 and 0.8 mm.

Incisions executed by: custom made blades sapphire, lateral slit. Placed with K.E.E.P.

* 755 grafts single

* 1664 grafts double

* 732 grafts triple

* 54 grafts multiple

* General average Hair per Graft: 2.04

- GRAFTS DISTRIBUTION: 3205 grafts were used to restore the patient's FRONTAL and TEMPLES areas.

- FINASTERIDE: The patient doesn’t take the medicine.

* Please note that the "RESULT" pictures were taken by the PATIENT.

collage.jpg

BEFORE OPERATION

_DSC5313.jpg

OPERATION

_DSC5571.jpg

AFTER 1 YEAR

1.jpg

1_.jpg

BEFORE OPERATION

_DSC5314.jpg

OPERATION

_DSC5572.jpg

AFTER 1 YEAR

2.jpg

BEFORE OPERATION

_DSC5315.jpg

OPERATION

_DSC5573.jpg

AFTER 1 YEAR

2_.jpg

4.jpg

BEFORE OPERATION

_DSC5317.jpg

OPERATION

_DSC5575.jpg

AFTER 1 YEAR

3.jpg

BEFORE

_DSC5323.jpg

OPERATION

_DSC5582.jpg

AFTER 1 YEAR

6.jpg

BEFORE

_DSC5319.jpg

OPERATION

_DSC5577.jpg

AFTER 1 YEAR

5.jpg

ASMED Surgical Medical Center

Dr Koray Erdogan. Istanbul, Turkey

- For info, evaluations and quotations: htn@asmed.com.tr

- Telephone Contacts (Numbers active in working time and 24h for urgencies):

Main number : (+90) 216 464 11 11

USA: (+1) 8454612049

UK: (+44) 2035191146

- Free online consultation: Online Consultation Form

- For additional information on our clinic, cost and photos:

Asmed Hair Transplant Official Website

- Our Official Facebook Page

I think I've seen more great results from ASMED than I have from any other clinic, however, I'm not quite sure what to make of this one.

Almost half the available grafts for that frontal band area on a still young man who isn't on finasteride? Graft distribution just seems way off here. Y'all are the experts and I'm an anonymous nobody, so hopefully I'm not coming across as 'Are you guys sure you know what you're doing??'.

I guess I'm basically just wondering how this approach could possibly stand the test of time.

This gentleman has extensive hair loss and his first procedure didn't do much for him because he was given a more female hairline (rounded appearance). The second procedure he had, I can see why they implanted the grafts only in the frontal and temporal areas, because it frames his face much better.

However, without being on finasteride he could lose more hair (especially on the sides and back), so I hope he gets on that because he is still young. I am also guessing he will be going for another procedure to fill in the hair behind the hairline and further back into the mid-scalp and crown?

The client is ultimately the one paying for the surgery. He's a big boy, and certainly when I was at ASMED they emphasised multiple times for me to ask for exactly what I wanted and mention if I didn't like their approach or wanted something different. More than enough grafts left in the bank for full coverage with another surgery.

It's something of a moot point to worry about how his hairloss will progress, as the vast majority has already occurred. He has no hair behind the hairline which is the fear many talk about when bringing up the necessity of fin up, and yet he still looks substantially better than before.

Without a doubt he has been effectively repaired with fantastic framing of the face and has the grafts to achieve full coverage with another pass. Substantial cosmetic improvement, repair of past bad results and hairline design, perfectly formed and aggressive new hairline along with enough grafts left in the bank for coverage of the rest of the balding area. I'd call it a win, but the fin wouldn't be a bad idea.

I know the clients expectations are to be met as much as possible, but i think in this case, the surgeon would have been bettter advising a maturer hairline and less concentrated placement of grafts in the hairline and more in the mid scalp.

Bottom line, is the patients satisfaction....

Either way, it's a superb transformation. Poor guy. The previous pics are awful.:o

I think this may be one of those cases where I would suggest just buzzing the hair instead. He has a nice head shape and actually looks great with a buzz-cut.

But it doesn't matter what I think. Just wanted to hear everyone's take on it.

Hey contact these guys they are providing the best services for hair transplant in Islamabad

No thanks, from all of us.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Im hoping the next step is to fill in the other areas or that he has enough donor to cover other areas. The hairline is more dense vs other surgeons that worked on similar hair types and zones, i will give you that. Definitely does not look all that see through in the front. Especially, considering the amount of loss he had in the recipient zone. It did yield fairly well.

He probably wont have eyes staring at his hairline or front in meetings, so that's a good thing. I guess he can maintain the crown and midscalp with concealer/fibers for time being.

I'd call this a great result for the patient and Asmed. I'm sure the patient wanted to focus on the hairline for now, and maybe in a few years do the mid scalp. From where he was til now is dramatically better. Great work from a Asmed as usual.

This patient is Italian. I have been reading his thread on the Italian forum. He is going back for an second surgery with Asmed for the mid-scalp/crown.

I would agree it is very front loaded with the amount of grafts used. However they procedure appears to have yielded very well.

If he was able to spread another 40000 grafts through his remaining scalp he probably would not get optimal coverage but should have an overall decent result from where he started.

It also says he had an FUT prior.? Clearly that was a disaster given his pre ops pictures. Do we know what clinic?

The scar isn't the worse I've seen but the result of the first procedure is definitely not good.

The only thing I can think of why the patient loaded that many grafts up front(only has 6800 total grafts) is that he is not that concerned about the bottom half of the crown or he plans to use hair fibers.

Hmmm the previous clinic did him no favors by giving him a low hairline and closed/low temples but I do feel another approach here would have been much more future proof and would have provided a more natural look even when factoring in a followup(essentially required) procedure. With this much baldness at 27, chances are he will be a full blown NW6 in 6 years if you subtracted any surgical intervention.

Difficult case compared to the usual ASMED patient because of previous surgery ,also think the way the patient wears his hair doesn't do him any favours I know he's young and wants a cool style but would look better combed back ,hopefully he has enough donor to work on the mid-scalp into the crown.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure you can question Asmed decision to load the frontal third. The first FUT op looks bad and very pluggy, so it makes sense that Asmed had to correct those areas as that is what most people see when they look at you. Someone suggested they should have thought about giving him a 'mature' hairline ... well that's impossible because the FUT grafts have already been placed and will still remain there in the front hairline and it will just look very weird as we would have a thinning hairline, then density behind it.

Once he has the second op and gets some coverage in the mid-scalp it will look much better. His option not to take fin is questionable however considering his hair.