Feller and Bloxham

Gas,

Would you be interested in doing a three way phone call with any or all of these doctors you have been quoting? Let's recording it and then post the recording right here on this forum for everyone to listen to. I would love to hear what these doctors have to say regarding the comparison between FUT and FUE.

Send me your real name and phone number and we'll do a three way call and record it. Are you in ?

Dr. Feller

I highly doubt any of these doctors would consent to being recorded. Why does this have to be a three way call, and why does Gas need to send you his real name. Why can't you call all three yourself and make a recording of the conversation?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went FUE with no mega sessions involved - 2 FUE sessions totaling 3500 grafts with Dr. Rahal, completely satisfied. That being said, I believe FUT is probably still the best route if its your first HT and you're trying to maximize graft count and growth yield. For me, I was already way beyond that, in my late 40's, repair case, and looking for the least non-invasive, quickest healing procedure. If those FUE pros are on your priority list as they were for me, then you're making an INFORMED CHOICE to go FUE which worked out well for me.

Edited by home1212

I still continue researching and pondering over it to this day, but I would not rely on it to supplant modern hair transplantation in any of our lifetimes.

I agree with the intent of the statement, and don't count on it, but its a sad day when we think like this, and I'm guilty of it too. We've become conditioned to this thought process because healthcare in the US is over regulated and being pioneers in high risk high reward research isn't funded. Look at how little we've done in the grand scheme of things with the genome project.

In my grandfather's lifetime, who's still alive, he's seen a world war, polio eradicated, commercial flight, the microwave, space flight, man on the moon, the atomic bomb, the fall of the Soviet Union, color tv, the internet, the cell phone, GPS, the heart transplant, and the beanie baby, and yet today we believe (and understandably so due to the nature of business and medicine today) that we won't see things in our lifetimes...such a shame.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hasson + Wong in the past month on FUE:

"This significantly increased the ability for the patient to wear his or her hair short without any material signs of a procedure and also increased the percentage of viable grafts that could be harvested from the donor area in subsequent procedures if needed. In general our results have improved to the level that are indistinguishable from that of our strip surgery !!!"

They also claim that in FUE they can "cherry pick" the grafts so they typically have a higher hair to graft ratio and FUT grafts are usually smaller.

Gas,

Would you be interested in doing a three way phone call with any or all of these doctors you have been quoting? Let's recording it and then post the recording right here on this forum for everyone to listen to. I would love to hear what these doctors have to say regarding the comparison between FUT and FUE.

Send me your real name and phone number and we'll do a three way call and record it. Are you in ?

Dr. Feller

I would be up for it (if they are) and I am going to the same doctors in early- to mid-June

Gas,

Dr. Feller

Dr. Feller,

Like mentioned before, I appreciate your passion for this topic. I would be very much interested in opinions of other clinics about this subject. Just like everyone else in here.

Of course I would be into that and I do not have a problem to send you (!) my real name. But I do have some conditions:

1. My name is not exposed in the net (just to you and the third party) and I trust you to keep it secret.

2. We keep this nice and professional, during and after the call.

3. If none of the other clinics agree than they are not called out for it by anyone. I do not want to be involved into putting pressure on a clinic to go out into public in this debate. Personally, I think no clinic will not agree as they do not post here or on youtube anyway and they have nothing to “win” in this debate.

My offer: I can send my key questions of mine in advance to help you and the third party to make up their minds about it beforehand. Keep in mind that, unlike for you, English is not our first language. If there are some questions which anyone doesn't want or simply can't answer we can drop them.

P.S. Just to be clear. The names of the clinics were mentioned by you first and have admitted that I have met with only two of them.

Can we add more clinics to the list? Preferably one that said their FUT yield rate matched their FUE rate? They also mentioned there is no difference in growth and it is 100%?

Just to keep track, what are the clinics that are under consideration for a phone call?

Dr. Feller,

Like mentioned before, I appreciate your passion for this topic. I would be very much interested in opinions of other clinics about this subject. Just like everyone else in here.

Of course I would be into that and I do not have a problem to send you (!) my real name. But I do have some conditions:

1. My name is not exposed in the net (just to you and the third party) and I trust you to keep it secret.

2. We keep this nice and professional, during and after the call.

3. If none of the other clinics agree than they are not called out for it by anyone. I do not want to be involved into putting pressure on a clinic to go out into public in this debate. Personally, I think no clinic will not agree as they do not post here or on youtube anyway and they have nothing to “win” in this debate.

My offer: I can send my key questions of mine in advance to help you and the third party to make up their minds about it beforehand. Keep in mind that, unlike for you, English is not our first language. If there are some questions which anyone doesn't want or simply can't answer we can drop them.

P.S. Just to be clear. The names of the clinics were mentioned by you first and have admitted that I have met with only two of them.

My questions are very basic and are the same questions I ask every FUE doctor.

PM me your information and I'll get started.

after having a fue procedure, I am pro strip. I think I would have had a better result with fut. a lot of the things dr feller says are true. my result from started out great but slowly the transplanted hairs are falling out and I am going to need another procedure in the same area. I went to a well respected surgeon who has given a lot of good results. so its just my bad luck. I think there's a tendency to take hairs out of the safe zone in fue and those hairs may not survive.

Update:

Unfortunately, my conditions were not accepted by Dr. Feller. I still believe, even under these conditions, this debate would have been beneficial for many forum users.

Dr. Feller, nevertheless I respect your passion. Maybe we get another chance like this again under different boundary conditions or with other people involved. Like the ideas I have shared in my PM.

...my result from started out great but slowly the transplanted hairs are falling out and I am going to need another procedure in the same area. .... I think there's a tendency to take hairs out of the safe zone in fue and those hairs may not survive.

I am sorry for you, but if the reason (of your loss) is that hair was taken out of the safe zone, you should be very carefull. Even with strip, you might not have enough grafts/hair left and you would not have been a good candidate from begin with.

Good luck!

Update:

Unfortunately, my conditions were not accepted by Dr. Feller. I still believe, even under these conditions, this debate would have been beneficial for many forum users.

Dr. Feller, nevertheless I respect your passion. Maybe we get another chance like this again under different boundary conditions or with other people involved. Like the ideas I have shared in my PM.

What condition wasn't accepted? The first one about not publicizing your name on the net? Why exactly is it so important for Dr Feller to have to do this? I think Dr Feller is and was always bluffing. If he was so eager to interview and record the interview with the likes of Feriduni, Lorenzo, Bisanga and Erdogan about FUT vs FUE, then why does he need a 3rd party involved, and that 3rd party to be publicized? This just seems like another publicity stunt to me and I am dissapointed that the moderators are allowing this nonsense to continue.

Dr Fe

What condition wasn't accepted? The first one about not publicizing your name on the net? Why exactly is it so important for Dr Feller to have to do this? I think Dr Feller is and was always bluffing. If he was so eager to interview and record the interview with the likes of Feriduni, Lorenzo, Bisanga and Erdogan about FUT vs FUE, then why does he need a 3rd party involved, and that 3rd party to be publicized? This just seems like another publicity stunt to me and I am dissapointed that the moderators are allowing this nonsense to continue.

Dr Fe

Mav,

I think it has become ridiculously obvious that the only reason you come onto this site is to attack me or to promote your own doctor. So I am disappointed that the moderators would allow that agenda driven behavior to continue.

I do not attack doctors like you do. I criticize procedures by offering facts. You are a layman and don't understand the facts. But the FUE practitioners do. So it is up to them to come onto this forum, which they all read, and refute the facts I have offered. To date only one has ever tried and I wiped the floor up with him by posting his OWN video of him performing FUE extractions.

I asked Gasthrower to give me his personal information in a PM and instead he sent me a list of conditions. So his answer was no. One of his conditions was that his name could not be used online. Why not ? If he is going to make declarative statements, as he has, then he should stand by it in full view of the public just as I and my colleagues do. What's the point if he doesn't have any skin in the game ?

He indicated that when he met with two doctors who perform both FUT and FUE that they both offered him FUE as the PRIMARY procedure without him leading them at all as to his own preference for FUE. I found that almost impossible to believe.

When a doctor can perform both procedures they almost always offer FUT first for the simple reason it is less traumatic and grows better. So for him to come onto this forum and claim they said the opposite without any input from him is a fantastic claim that needs verification. So I wanted to get on the phone with him and those doctors to see if that's what they really said and did.

The internet is full of anonymous "experts" who make claims for which they know they will not be held accountable because they hide behind aliases. My standard for dealing with ANY poster is that they reveal themselves and stand by their statements publicly as I do. I believed Gasthrower would do this, but now I see he won't.

Despite this I will contact both doctors anyway to find out if they do in fact offer FUE over FUT without solicitation from their patients.

Despite this I will contact both doctors anyway to find out if they do in fact offer FUE over FUT without solicitation from their patients.

Will you post their answers here? Will you suggest a Youtube debate to them if they do prefer FUE over FUT?

Strange to see a reputable doctor arguing in this manner. A very strange thread.

People pay him for his surgical skills, not how he debates. I like his frankness. It has made me consider FUT over FUE (still haven't made my mind up though hence why I am hoping the debate goes ahead).

I would actually like to see you debate someone as equally knowledgeable, like Bisnaga, Feriduni, or say a doctor in Atlanta rather than a laser salesman like Bauman. You know, someone with a modicum of legitimacy.

Or a doc that told me their FUT yield Matched their FUE rate. That there was no difference between the two in terms of results.

I like his frankness.

I do too....rare indeed to see a highly respected doctor speaking from the heart about how he really feels about these issues. No sugar-coating from Dr. Feller. I wish more doctors would chime in, but it's not going to happen. Agree or disagree this thread is educational.

ps: Doctor Feller and Dr. Bloxham....you guys should really consider going on as guests on "Dr. Radio" on SiriusXM radio. Doctor Radio is broadcast daily from NYU and is an excellent resource for patients of all kinds. I have heard doctor guests discussing hair transplants on some of the dermatology shows.

Doctor Radio - Real Doctors Helping Real People on SiriusXM Radio

Edited by Shampoo

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Will you post their answers here? Will you suggest a Youtube debate to them if they do prefer FUE over FUT?

Sure, if they want to.

The debate wouldn't take long or include anything I haven't discussed online for years. I very simply start the debate with the following question:

"Yes or No, does the FUE procedure cause more harm to the graft during the extraction process than FUT ?"

It is, of course, a set up question. I already know the answer, and so does any and every other sincere and sane surgeon of any type.

One only needs to view a skeletonized graft to instantly know the only answer to the question. And if that's not enough, simply view that horrid video Dr. Bhatti posted of himself performing an FUE extraction on one of his own patients. Then compare it to the serene and controlled manner that FUT grafts are dissected from the strip. No contest. Any doctor who competently and regularly performs both FUT and FUE knows this.

The only people who honestly think it is an open question or debatable question are anonymous online lay posters who know nothing about surgery and can't be held accountable for what they write. That's why you ONLY hear from them over and over again but NEVER the actual FUE doctors they quote out of turn.

Doctors who perform both FUT and FUE competently and regularly by definition know that FUT is the safer option or else they would only be offering FUE. Doesn't that make sense ?

The claim that there is only a small difference in the yield between the two is also false because, again, if this were true doctors would not be offering both procedures. Instead they would only offer FUE. But as I've noted in countless postings and videos there is not a single notable clinic with a distinguished history of providing top notch FUT results who has abandoned it for FUE. Now why do you think that is ?!

Truth is it seems to me that even good doctors no longer care what is best for the patient. Not in these economic times. They simply say they are giving the patient "what he wants" and that's all the justification they need. They claim they are offering the patient an honest choice, but I claim it is a false choice that preys on the patients emotion and ignorance to book the case. I COULD make money practicing this way, but I won't. I am astounded by those colleagues of mine who do.

Edited by Dr. Alan Feller

Sure, if they want to.

The debate wouldn't take long or include anything I haven't discussed online for years. I very simply start the debate with the following question:

"Yes or No, does the FUE procedure cause more harm to the graft during the extraction process than FUT ?"

It is, of course, a set up question. I already know the answer, and so does any and every other sincere and sane surgeon of any type.

The only people who honestly think it is an open question or debatable question are anonymous online lay posters who know nothing and can't be held accountable for what they write. That's why you ONLY hear from them over and over again but NEVER the doctors they quote out of turn.

Great. Let us know what they get back to you with. I am looking forward to it. Which doctors will you be emailing by the way?

Great. Let us know what they get back to you with. I am looking forward to it. Which doctors will you be emailing by the way?

I don't call out doctors, Trix. I call out anonymous posters who make claims or quotes in the name of doctors without their consent or knowledge.

I believe Gasthrower spoke out of turn by claiming that two doctors -who perform FUE and FUT regularly- offered him FUE to the exclusion of FUT. I believe in actuality there is more to his story that he has been omitting. I asked for his real name but he would not give it.

As for the doctors, they all know what I'm writing about FUE. Where do you think the thousands of views come from when I make posts or videos about FUE ? They all know what I'm writing and saying but choose not to chime in. That is their choice and I am not interested in compelling or baiting any particular doctor into joining a debate they are not interested in joining.

However, the public should note that after years of my making claims about FUE in posts and videos not a single FUT/FUE doctor has come onto this site to refute a word of it. And THAT should be what you and every patient should be paying attention to.