4,200 grafts FUT dr. Hasson Feb. 03, 2016

Dutchie

Thanks everyone for your FUE recommendations.

Its still a year away till I make my decision, so I'm in no rush

Take your time Dutchie, although did Dr Hasson confirm that you are completely stripped out now, or could he still grab another thousand or so? If so, you may want to consider a combo of FUT, FUE, and BHT for your next pass. Karadenitz pops to mind.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dr. Hasson said I probably dont have the collagen laxity for a 2nd FUT.

Flying to Spain for my FYE is completely out of the question, because half my next HT will be crown work and I'm not terribly picky how that ends up looking.

I highly doubt some woman will come along and say "hey Dutchie, I really like you but your crown doesnt have the right density for me to date you".

My next FUE will probably end up being H&W or Rahal

Have you avoided all kerplunks this week Dutchie? If you get thru next week you may have found the miracle "cure"....

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

I highly doubt some woman will come along and say "hey Dutchie, I really like you but your crown doesnt have the right density for me to date you".

My next FUE will probably end up being H&W or Rahal

As you know Dutchie, its not the size of the crown but how you use it.... :eek:

I dont know that much about Vories but he is still in the US (East coast) and seems to do only FUE so someone to check out. I believe Arocha also does FUE only. Not recommending these guys but they have much more history with FUE than H&W at least. Obv Rahal does a lot of FUE. Might want to look at some guys to add to your pool who do a lot of FUE. Konior's office guy told me "some months they do 80% FUE" if price is no option.. lol. But probably sniff around to a larger group of doctors. Diep is expensive and some people here don't like him but I see some great results from him via FUE.

Obv US FUE costs more than Europe but Vories for example prices looked quite reasonable when I checked if you like his quality of work. I am sure guys like Diep and Konior not so favorable in price.

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Have you avoided all kerplunks this week Dutchie? If you get thru next week you may have found the miracle "cure"....

A lot of transplant stubbles fell out, but then I regrew a lot of them as well within last week or so.

Really weird :confused:

When my miracle cure finally hits the market I shall call it: Kerplank™

And we shall both become rich :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

One-month update. Redness still lingers a tiny bit, but most of it is gone.

All my transplanted hairs have kerplunked unfortunately.

Other then that nothing new to report

j8o8hx.jpg

Yes this is the sucky part. I still remember you like a child on christmas so happy you were going to keep all your grafts. ;)

I just go with the idea the quicker they fell out the quicker they will revisit down the road.

I am almost exactly 1 month ahead of you and I am seeing some weak kneed willowly hairs pop the top of their head out - not enough for anyone not named me not to notice - and zero cosmetic effect but it's nice to see some new friends struggle to the sunlight. It is difficult to believe in 4 months from now I am supposed to have a lot more new friends coming to the surface but that's what they tell me. But for now another 30 days of waiting - hoping around month 4 to begin to see cosmetic change where people without a magnifying glass can notice minor things happening. :)

NW 5A to 6.

On a more serious note, at aboot the 3rd or 4th month I should start noticing little peach fuzz hairs growing out, am I right??

How does this work exactly, do those thin peach fuzz hairs gradually grow thicker??

Or do they fall out and are replaced with thicker terminal hairs??

Sorry they all fell out Dutchie but I did know it was coming and it is part of the process. Hair should start to come through at 3-4 months some can come through as peach fuzz, some look thicker but will still need to go through the maturation process to completely resemble and handle like your donor hair.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• Administrators
On a more serious note, at aboot the 3rd or 4th month I should start noticing little peach fuzz hairs growing out, am I right??

How does this work exactly, do those thin peach fuzz hairs gradually grow thicker??

around the 3rd month, colorless light hairs start growing, they really make no difference in your appearance, as the months continue they get thicker and fuller, by six months they should be visible but not matured yet, by the 10th month growth is almost full complete however the result will continue to refine up until 18 months.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I've had some dark hairs begin to grow out but it's like 1 dark hair in a mass of empty so it looks like charlie brown hair hah. And for some reason my grays are growing out faster than my darks haha. So the hairs from the side of my head (which are more gray) maybe are coming out faster than the ones plucked from the back. Or maybe I just notice the gray ones more.

About a week ago (week 7) one morning I woke up and saw a lot of tiny black dots in a 2 inch area so that could be something you look for as well although your hair is lighter so its sort of the look if you shaved your head bald and then 2 days later you got stubble but its not above the surface but under it - if that makes sense. But those haven't sprouted yet really.

Its all sort of weird with high NW if you are not diffuse because you have 1 hair sprout that is half an inch long, next to a bunch of nothingness, and then other quarter inch hair there, and then nothingness, so its like I said Charlie Brown hair. I am actually going in and trimming with a clipper the longer hairs so it is not so noticable - until there is an entire area growing at one time.

NW 5A to 6.

So here's the deal, I'm gonna wait at least 10 to 12 months to see how this HT went.

My guess is given size of my scalp and I only got 8,000 hairs or so, thats not gonna quite cut it on a NW6 like me.

So my next step probably will be a 2nd HT to thicken up the midscalp, and maybe a 3rd to do the crown.

Dr. Hasson told me my epidermis laxity was horrible. A second FUT is virtually impossible.

He also said I have around 6,000 to 8,000 available grafts. Which means that most likely only leaves me with 2 more FUE's.

I'm thinking if my 4200 FUT still leaves me too thin, then go for a 2nd HT which adds density in midscalp and leaves somewhere between 800 to 1,000 grafts in the crown.

Then for my 3rd HT go see dr. Umar (or facsimili) and attack the crown using beard-hairs as a filler.

How's that?? :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Woke up this morning and I have stubble everywhere on my scalp.

I rubbed it and it feels similar to what my beard stubble feels like when I dont shave for a day.

I'm barely at the 2 months mark, isnt that way too early to grow hair?? :confused:

I thought the hair resting phase took at least 3+ months

The three month timeline is just a general number, on avg... For me, I started to notice things happening at the one month mark but nothing really that noticeable until the three month mark, then from there every week or so produced more and more.. I am at month 8 and I can safely say that I will not see anymore growth... I am happy with the growth as it looks like at least 90% of my grafts have grown. I am just waiting for the hair to straighten and look more like my native hairs as some of the transplanted hairs are crinkly.

My 2-month update.

A few stubbles growing in, other then that not a whole lot new to report.

I also had a bit diffuse thinning in my forelock, but its growing back quickly and I wouldnt call it shock loss because its so insignificant.

Most of the red is gone, and I've also grown a lot of pimples (which you cant really see in the pic).

I've been told pimples are a good thing, and could signify new growth

706a9148_o.jpeg

• Administrators

Looking great for two months Dutch, the redness is completely gone, where you see pimples hair is near from my experience.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Here's what weird, I waited 6 weeks before resuming minoxidil again because I wanted to give my scalp time to heal and I figured MX would just irritate the redness.

But then the complete opposite happened, just 24 hrs after my first MX application two weeks ago the redness subsided much faster than normal, and overall the healing part started to go quicker.

Must have something to do with increased blood flow which perhaps speeds up healing?? I dunno though :confused: