4,200 grafts FUT dr. Hasson Feb. 03, 2016

Dutchie

What shampoo, I'd like to try it. Heard nioxin good too

Donnie!!!!! You filthy Toronto freak!!! ;)

No, its not adding a shampoo, its deleting one.

I'll explain later, but so far it seems to be working

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Donnie!!!!! You filthy Toronto freak!!! ;)

No, its not adding a shampoo, its deleting one.

I'll explain later, but so far it seems to be working

I feel like iam being teased at a strip club johnny. Hate when they only take off the top after 1 song and force you to buy another to see the real goods ? . No more suspense . Shows us the "bottom " i.e.- which shampoo you deleted .

I feel like iam being teased at a strip club johnny. Hate when they only take off the top after 1 song and force you to buy another to see the real goods ? . No more suspense . Shows us the "bottom " i.e.- which shampoo you deleted

Here's what I learned from scouring the internet (and so far the info seems to be correct).

Each hair follicle has its own "amino acid factory". That means once a transplanted hair follicle has been implanted, it has to start all over again from scratch and get its own anagen hair to grow again by getting its protein chain going.

There are shampoos out there that can impede this process.

I will post later why, but so far so good. I'm very, very happy right now :)

Or... You were a late grower like some mentioned.... Anyways I'm glad it's working out with you. I still think the before and after pictures reveal quite a difference. The before pics posted that were taken by hw, the only strong hair you had left was the small tuft in the front. Crown was more or less bare and temples only had wisps.

Or... You were a late grower like some mentioned.... Anyways I'm glad it's working out with you. I still think the before and after pictures reveal quite a difference. The before pics posted that were taken by hw, the only strong hair you had left was the small tuft in the front. Crown was more or less bare and temples only had wisps.

He is over a year postop....

EDIT: there are shampoos AND conditioners that can impede this process.

Probably more so the conditioners. I'll explain later

Nizoral overuse especially the 2% version will definitely take the air out of a good HT, I learned that the hard way.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

So I guess from the sounds of it, Dutchie is saying that it wasn't Dr Hassan's fault that he got very little growth, was just a secret shampoo that was stunting the growth all along. Like I said, let's see some pictures and tell us the name of this shampoo.

Don't worry Jonny boy - I still love your posts

This is definitely something a troll would do.

Ditto - especially for someone with 11 lifetime posts requesting the removal of a contributing member with 800 odd posts - and then stalks the guys thread to call him a troll. I definitely see a troll, but it's not Dutchie

It seems from all indications that he used a shampoo or conditioner that was detrimental to his HT growth (not the other way around from what I read).

If his posting or non posting of that makes or breaks your weekend then you need to get help... lol

Anyway hope things are working out for the better now.

Btw my post was made at about the same time as HLS2015's but not directed at him, just at the last few posts in general.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Before and after attachments of Dutchie's HT.... As you can see the after is dramatically different. WIth his hair at that length, it definitely doesn't help, but by no means does it look bad. He was more of less bald minus the small tuft in the forelock.

before.jpg.9cc30f9f14c58e402e53e348a6e77281.jpg

after.jpg.bc8f8e5e980d404d93bff04b41bac39b.jpg

Okay so here it goes (I shouldve bookmarked the site, but I forgot to):

Apparently when a transplanted hair follicle goes into resting stage, it then has to start all over again. It has to slowly start gathering all its protein (or amino acids) and it has to build up the hair shaft again. This is why the regrowth process takes so long.

Think of the process as an amino acid (or protein) factory. So something like this:

L2FwcGhvc3RpbmdfcHJvZC9ibG9icy9BRW5CMlVycXRBMVIwZ3E5a05vUm5vb2x6cEJlYWVUS2tlUlcxVlNLOW1wcm0zaHl4Qnlhc1lrVnJ1QnB6RmlmOXNLdlFQZExkQ3YxUnJrbV9uQ3g3Z282cDRLVTA5YVVGVEFvdmtZbDUxSUxoeGk0em10S2huWS5helptUHFvWWFfTThYVC1I

So what I read on other websites (and sorry, but I forgot to bookmark them) is that if you take certain shampoos or conditioners (especially conditioners) that have hydrolyzed protein in them, you can impede this process because it contains singular amino acids that can confuse the hair follicle.

Examples:

• Hydrolyzed keratin
  • Hydrolyzed collagen
  • Hydrolyzed wheat
  • Keratin amino acids
  • Hydrolyzed protein
  • And anything else that either says "protein", "hydrolyzed" or "amino" on the label.

If it says anything like this on the label, throw it in the garbage!!

So this is the conditioner I was using. Its callled K-PAK by Joico: http://www.joico.com/joico-products/k-pak/

Its especially bad for newly transplanted hair, because it tells you to leave it on your scalp for 5 minutes or so. This gives it plenty of time to be absorbed by the dermis and work its way into the hair follicle.

As soon as I eliminated this hair conditioner I started noticing new growth within a matter of a few weeks or so

Joico-_K-_Pak-_Deep-_Penetrating-_Reconstructor-ingre.jpg

Edited by Dutchie

My response here is both difficult and easy at the same time as I cannot sit by and watch continued and unfair damage to Dr. Hasson and his reputation. So we went from this shampoo or conditioner to bashing Dr. Hasson and the clinic again? I have had conversations with Dutchie that have gone well. I believe, as it may have been eluded to here, that we would both have good things to say regarding those conversations. I found Dutchie to be a pleasure to speak with and reasonable on the phone regarding his case. I understood his feelings and concerns. We always stand behind our work and I told him we would make it right if the result was indeed less than we expected. We agreed maybe he and Dr. Hasson got off on the wrong foot and I was going to take care of him from here. We agreed he was to come out here in March so we could evaluate his result in person. We offered to take care of his travel expenses. Shortly thereafter he then informed me about the ingredient in question and then 10 days later that he has grown “quite a bit more hair” and seemed to be excited about it. At some point along the way he had decided he wanted to hold off on the trip to Vancouver. I told him to keep me posted. I have not spoken to him or texted him or received a text since March. I have also spoken to Dr. Hasson. He informs me he has not contacted Dutchie since last November. Dutchie did send him the sarcastic text in mid-January, which was the last contact between them. So, when I read Dutchie’s quote, I was surprised: “

Oh and BTW, worst aftercare EVER dr. Hasson!!!

Its almost to the point of harrassment now.

And please stop calling or texting my phone number!!

It clearly casts another negative and anyone reading it would assume: a) we have been texting and harassing him and b) he does not appreciate it. So I ask myself why would Dutchie say this ?

Aftercare? I have always been available for you since our first contact. Who could be harassing you ?

Then the comments about Toronto patients? I have to take Dr. Hasson at his word that he has never said that. In my 15 years at the clinic, Dr. Hasson has told me a lot of things, never have I heard him say a negative word about Toronto patients. One of our consultants is a Toronto patient.

Dutchie:You know what, I dont need this shit. I'm gonna ask mods to remove this thread.

We'll give dr. Hasson (and his fake reviewers) what they want.

Some have said that this thread has brought some value. Maybe. I believe its little value if any is greatly overshadowed by its significant damage to both Dr. Hasson and for that matter Dr. Wong along with the many who are considering a hair transplant. If someone researching hair restoration comes across this thread with its contradictions, misleading and confusing content and concludes that Dr. Hasson and or Hasson and Wong is not the place for them, it has done a great disservice. In my opinion, that potential patient has the greatest chance of getting the best result possible at Hasson and Wong and with this thread he or she may have lost that opportunity. For these reasons, I agree with Duthcie, this thread should be removed.

Duthcie, you have been a straight up guy on the phone with me and like I said, I have enjoyed our conversations and actually like you personally aside from what has transpired on this forum. But I am disappointed in this last round of dialogue. We mutually agreed to certain things. You have not done what you said you were going to do in terms of commenting about your case. Your quote from 2 months ago: “I've been in contact with H&W and I've agreed with them to hold off any further comments until we both sit down and have dr. Hasson have a look at this whole thing.” I wish you would have reached out to me before all of this. If you’re getting good growth in the last 2 months and are optimistic about the future and giving it until September then why all of this other stuff that continues to be unfair? We haven’t been given the chance to see you and I’ve not seen any recent photos. If indeed your procedure results in a in failure, based on Dr. Hasson’s body of work I still feel a strong case could be made he was very unfairly treated in this thread. If your hair is growing like you say and the result turns out to be good, then what would you have to say about all of this? I’m sorry? Sorry doesn’t reverse all the damage done, why resort to all this in the first place? Especially after we spoke, got along and agreed on everything. 15 years at H&W, this is a first. Maybe I’m slightly more than disappointed.

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

My response here is both difficult and easy at the same time as I cannot sit by and watch continued and unfair damage to Dr. Hasson and his reputation. So we went from this shampoo or conditioner to bashing Dr. Hasson and the clinic again? I have had conversations with Dutchie that have gone well. I believe, as it may have been eluded to here, that we would both have good things to say regarding those conversations. I found Dutchie to be a pleasure to speak with and reasonable on the phone regarding his case. I understood his feelings and concerns. We always stand behind our work and I told him we would make it right if the result was indeed less than we expected. We agreed maybe he and Dr. Hasson got off on the wrong foot and I was going to take care of him from here. We agreed he was to come out here in March so we could evaluate his result in person. We offered to take care of his travel expenses. Shortly thereafter he then informed me about the ingredient in question and then 10 days later that he has grown “quite a bit more hair” and seemed to be excited about it. At some point along the way he had decided he wanted to hold off on the trip to Vancouver. I told him to keep me posted. I have not spoken to him or texted him or received a text since March. I have also spoken to Dr. Hasson. He informs me he has not contacted Dutchie since last November. Dutchie did send him the sarcastic text in mid-January, which was the last contact between them. So, when I read Dutchie’s quote, I was surprised: “

Oh and BTW, worst aftercare EVER dr. Hasson!!!

Its almost to the point of harrassment now.

And please stop calling or texting my phone number!!

It clearly casts another negative and anyone reading it would assume: a) we have been texting and harassing him and b) he does not appreciate it. So I ask myself why would Dutchie say this ?

Aftercare? I have always been available for you since our first contact. Who could be harassing you ?

Then the comments about Toronto patients? I have to take Dr. Hasson at his word that he has never said that. In my 15 years at the clinic, Dr. Hasson has told me a lot of things, never have I heard him say a negative word about Toronto patients. One of our consultants is a Toronto patient.

Dutchie:You know what, I dont need this shit. I'm gonna ask mods to remove this thread.

We'll give dr. Hasson (and his fake reviewers) what they want.

Some have said that this thread has brought some value. Maybe. I believe its little value if any is greatly overshadowed by its significant damage to both Dr. Hasson and for that matter Dr. Wong along with the many who are considering a hair transplant. If someone researching hair restoration comes across this thread with its contradictions, misleading and confusing content and concludes that Dr. Hasson and or Hasson and Wong is not the place for them, it has done a great disservice. In my opinion, that potential patient has the greatest chance of getting the best result possible at Hasson and Wong and with this thread he or she may have lost that opportunity. For these reasons, I agree with Duthcie, this thread should be removed.

Duthcie, you have been a straight up guy on the phone with me and like I said, I have enjoyed our conversations and actually like you personally aside from what has transpired on this forum. But I am disappointed in this last round of dialogue. We mutually agreed to certain things. You have not done what you said you were going to do in terms of commenting about your case. Your quote from 2 months ago: “I've been in contact with H&W and I've agreed with them to hold off any further comments until we both sit down and have dr. Hasson have a look at this whole thing.” I wish you would have reached out to me before all of this. If you’re getting good growth in the last 2 months and are optimistic about the future and giving it until September then why all of this other stuff that continues to be unfair? We haven’t been given the chance to see you and I’ve not seen any recent photos. If indeed your procedure results in a in failure, based on Dr. Hasson’s body of work I still feel a strong case could be made he was very unfairly treated in this thread. If your hair is growing like you say and the result turns out to be good, then what would you have to say about all of this? I’m sorry? Sorry doesn’t reverse all the damage done, why resort to all this in the first place? Especially after we spoke, got along and agreed on everything. 15 years at H&W, this is a first. Maybe I’m slightly more than disappointed

Let me explain Doug, I suddenly got 2 different reviewers attacking me in this thread by wanting to see me get banned from this forum. Both had their work done with H&W. I think I may have jumped to the conclusion that these guys were also employed by H&W. I will admit that may have a wrong assumption on my part.

But then, a few days ago, I get an anonymous text from a 604 area code that said "STOP!!". I tried to text the number back and no response, I tried calling the number but there was no answer.

I may have jumped the gun a bit by tying this thread and the text together. If I'm wrong then I apologize

Dutchie,

I am very disappointed to have to come back to this thread to see that you have not honored (for the second time) your decision to stay silent and give your hair transplant and Dr. Hasson the time you said you would before posting on this topic.

First, I see posts about some kind of alleged magical shampoo which I can only assume you are trying to attribute to the last 2 months of excellent growth you said you've seen instead of Dr. Hasson which is grossly inaccurate and unfair.

Secondly, you've referenced phone conversations where Dr. Hasson has made nasty comments to you on the phone and Dr. Hasson has assured me that he hasn't even spoken to you let alone made nasty comments.

Third, you are being grossly inappropriate to other members of this forum, using profanity and sending harassing private messages.

It has become blatantly clear that you not only can't honor your promise to stay off this thread until the amount of time passes that you suggested, but that you are going to unfairly malign Dr. Hasson and other members (just because they don't share your opinion).

I now feel that the only fair and appropriate thing to do is to keep this topic locked and go back and remove all the disparaging posts that were posted after you agreed to stay silent.

If when the time passes and you wish to email me at help@hairtransplantnetwork.com with updated photos and a request to update this topic with detailed, appropriate photos and your genuine opinon, I may open the topic temporarily for you to post an update or post the update on your behalf.

In the meantime, it's clear that you cannot conduct yourself appropriately on this topic or with other members of this forum. Thus, I am going to suspend your posting privileges. This may only be temporary however, we are not babysitters and we don't have time to monitor your posts to see what inappropriate thing you're going to say next.

Again, we may reinstate your posting privileges when the time comes for you to give us a update. But if I see you trying to rejoin or act inappropriately under another account, you will be permanently suspended.

Your cooperation is expected.

Bill