4,200 grafts FUT dr. Hasson Feb. 03, 2016

Dutchie

This is going to be a great result Dutchie.

Did Dr. Hasson say why he wasn't a fan of minoxidill?

He said something along the lines of skin of long-term MX users being unhealthy and that he had a harder time operating on them because of the damaged skin.

IIRC he also said he doesnt take it himself, he only takes Fin

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No Multivitamins/Minerals... Biotin/MSM? Any shampoos ?

For a while the standard Post op meds to promote growth for most clinics have been Fin, Biotin, MSM, Minoxidil mild shampoo initialy post op (2-3 times a week) with Ketancanozoule shampoo in case Minoxidil creates trouble for the scalp, & beyond the first month mark... Caffiene Shampoo

Also, Minoxidil and Aminexil topical solution seems to cause less trouble for scalp and works better is what I heard recently.

This should be critical to the patient & the doctor as one would want to do anything possible under the sun to bolster growth and support the hard work of the surgeon.

Any thoughts anyone in terms of what works best ?

Just the regular Fin.

Hasson is not a big fan of minoxidil, and neither am I

Dutchie - have you entered the itchy phase yet ?

I entered that 3 days ago. Its not too bad though.

The redness is clearing up real fast also. I give it another 3 to 4 weeks and its probably gone..

Also my transplanted hairs arent falling out. If anything they are growing longer and getting thicker. I'll post updated scalp pics later next week

Day 11 update:

The scabs have mostly fallen off and the scalp redness is almost gone.

None of my transplanted hairs have fallen out yet. This is really weird. I heard a very small percentage of patients dont lose their transplanted hair. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones??

mra6tx.jpg

You're lucky if the redness does go away within a month. I'm one of the unlucky ones that lingered on a while. Six months in and I still have some redness after a hot shower and applying minox, but the good thing is my hairs have grown out well and you can't see it. Give it at least a month before concluding none of your hairs will shed. 11 days is still too soon. Looking good though.

You're lucky if the redness does go away within a month. I'm one of the unlucky ones that lingered on a while. Six months in and I still have some redness after a hot shower and applying minox, but the good thing is my hairs have grown out well and you can't see it. Give it at least a month before concluding none of your hairs will shed. 11 days is still too soon. Looking good though.

Agree, it looks good Dutchie!. My hairs started shedding after about 2.5-3 weeks and max at around 6-7 weeks I guess!.

My Thread: 

Day 11 update:

None of my transplanted hairs have fallen out yet. This is really weird. I heard a very small percentage of patients dont lose their transplanted hair. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones??

mra6tx.jpg

Unfortunately it's too soon to be popping the Champaigne corks. Transplanted hairs will usually start shedding after 2 and a half weeks.

Day 11 update:

As others have said I'd wait until day 30-35 to celebrate. Mine pretty much stayed in thru end of week 2. Then kerplunk in week 3-4.

I am interested in that minoxidil comment that Hasson said and I wonder if other doctors would chime in if it was its own topic i.e. long time users show skin damage.

p.s. I know you have your profile photo but do you have non shaved photos from the front and top pre op?

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Thanks - well you have the advantage of the forelock going on and then the loss is heavily focused on crown and top of scalp. 4200 will do a lot of change - now you just have to sort of chill until 4th of July or so.

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Congratulations, Dutchie!

Grow well

Hey you, I may have completely by accident discovered why some people lose their post-operative hair, and why some don't!!

Ill update it later.

I'm also gonna patent my idea if it holds up :cool:

Day 16 post-op update:

Got my staples out today. As you can see I bled a little bit when they came out.

I highly recommend you let a nurse or doctor do this, because they will also give you an antibiotic salve to put on afterwards.

You can also use Polysporin when you get home for a few days to prevent infection

Scar2f8423.jpg

Scar1f2b37.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also as you can see the vast majority of my transplanted hairs have not fallen out yet. Only a few dozen have maybe

Scar3ac5a5.jpg

Scar49e5cf.jpg

Day 16 post-op update:

Got my staples out today. As you can see I bled a little bit when they came out.

I highly recommend you let a nurse or doctor do this, because they will also give you an antibiotic salve to put on afterwards.

You can also use Polysporin when you get home for a few days to prevent infection

Scar2f8423.jpg

Scar1f2b37.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also as you can see the vast majority of my transplanted hairs have not fallen out yet. Only a few dozen have maybe

Scar3ac5a5.jpg

Scar49e5cf.jpg

Did the staple removal process hurt?

Did the staple removal process hurt?

A little. They feel like pinpricks or insect bites.

But come on, we're men!! We can handle this :)

I recommend sleeping with your head in a shower cap the first night, because you can still bleed a bit on your pillow.

Second night it should all be mostly healed up

Day 16 post-op update:

Looking good Dutchie .How many staples did you have ?

I had around 60 staples with my FUT . Didn't want to go to my doctors so bought a staple remover off Ebay . Wife took them out and it was pretty much painless . I'd read some great advice about soaking the area for 20 minutes beforehand and it really softened up the scabs . Only 1 staple really stung , but I suspect the wife did that on purpose !

Looking good Dutchie .How many staples did you have ?

83 if I remember correctly

Only 1 staple really stung , but I suspect the wife did that on purpose !

Next time take out the garbage on time like she asked you :P

Kerplank!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

That's trademarked bro. 5 cent royalty each time you use it. :rolleyes:

Did you have your surgery Feb 7? Mine started falling out around day 14.

I am probably in the minority who wanted them to fall out quickly because seeing people 1 day as a Norwood 5/6 with massive recession in front 1/2 and then showing up a few weeks later with a ton of hairs in those areas would look very unnatural. So I wanted to get back to pre op look so nothing was noticable. But if I was NW2 or 3 the new grafts would be less apparent and I am sure I'd have a different opinion.

I am also thinking the earlier they fall out the quicker they begin to rest, which means the quicker they begin to un-rest. I still have a few shed out now each day in the shower ... but the first sparse ones are also growing in so its a "wash" I think at week 6-7.

So let's check on March 7th or so. Either you will have an army of kerplunk in coming 2 weeks or you will be in that minority who goes kerplunk free.

NW 5A to 6.

I'll take pics again on Mar. 7th. Lets see what happens.

Reason why I think they're not falling out is because of this supplement that I'm taking

Everyone's different. Some starting falling early, others can stick around a month or even longer. Wouldn't worry.