4,200 grafts FUT dr. Hasson Feb. 03, 2016

Dutchie

Rashid, I would jump on that plane first thing you get the chance and get that HT at Hasson & Wong's.

Maybe even ask Christine to put you on a standby list??

You only have 1 life and only so much time. I wouldnt worry about that FUT scar, mine is very minimal.

Also when H&W says they can only get 4,000 they are being very conservative and dont ewanna disappoint you. With me they estimated 3,500 grafts or so, but wound up getting 4,200.

My guess is they can probably get close to 5,000 with you, but they're not gonna tell you this so not to raise false hope

So did they $$ you for 3500 or 4000 grafts in the end?

Who decided fut and not FUE for you ?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So did they $$ you for 3500 or 4000 grafts in the end?

Who decided fut and not FUE for you ?

They charge you for the full amount of grafts that they transplant. So in my case that would be 4,217 grafts

Do most clinics do it like that? Charge for extra grafts placed.

Dutchie- why fut and not FUE ?

Its not that they charge you extra, its just that they cant predict exactly how many grafts they can get before surgery, so they give you a rough estimate beforehand and then whatever they can get extra is bonus.

I'm not sure why they went with FUT with me.

I just went along with the program

Dutichie, I think you're looking fantastic for only 3.5 months - you can already see the start of a great result that will come in over the next several months - you will be grinning ear to ear everytime you look in the mirror ! congrats and enjoy

Dutichie, I think you're looking fantastic for only 3.5 months - you can already see the start of a great result that will come in over the next several months - you will be grinning ear to ear everytime you look in the mirror ! congrats and enjoy

I have to agree this is going to be a very nice transformation ,look forward to future updates

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your positive comments. Here's my approximate 4-month update (my HT was on Feb. 3rd, 2016)

1367ffb1_o.jpeg

Compared to 19 days ago there's quite an improvement again. See pic below taken on May 18th:

c05d1e81_o.jpeg

Edited by Dutchie

Sweet forelock envy Dutch

I took a measuring tape to my forelock, it takes up aboot 40% of my frontal hairline. Thats a major advantage because thats half the battle in creating an artificial hairline that a surgeon doesnt have to worry about

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure why my last post was not approved because of trigger words, so here is a revised version.

I'm at 5-month now. As you can see I've grown quite a bit more hair.

I'm also not getting any of the anxiety others have reported, if anything I'm getting happier and happier with the result. I can almost see and feel my hair getting a bit thicker each day.

Click on link for larger pic: http://i.share.pho.to/c9309452_o.jpeg

c9309452_o.jpeg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have also changed my status from NW6 to Norwood 5v because I think I'm closer to a 5v than a 6

nejkgh.jpg

Edited by Dutchie

Thanks for the update Dutchie, you are in the peak growth period now so I am glad to hear that the anxiety has gone. Enjoy the next few months and look forward to following your progress.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

• 5 weeks later...

Any more growth in the last month Dutchie?

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Here is my 6-month update. New hairgrowth seems to have slowed down a bit, but thats normal as regrowth comes in stages:

e629c7af_l.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also here's a frontal view:

b6518425_o.png

I got my first smile from a girl who pulled up beside my car at a red light yesterday. That hasnt happened to me in at least 5 years or so. I'm positively thrilled about that!!! :)

I had a bit of toppik on my head though, so I cheated a little. But I'll take it :D

I got my first smile from a girl who pulled up beside my car at a red light yesterday. That hasnt happened to me in at least 5 years or so. I'm positively thrilled about that!!! :)

I had a bit of toppik on my head though, so I cheated a little. But I'll take it :D

Did you use white Toppik?

Did you use white Toppik?

BaldPatient,

I've used the "gray Toppik" only once -- it worked really well. But my "new hair" started growing in before I could use it again.

works good though. In case you're in the market for a "gray concealer"...

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

BaldPatient,

I've used the "gray Toppik" only once -- it worked really well. But my "new hair" started growing in before I could use it again.

works good though. In case you're in the market for a "gray concealer"...

not yet ,my hair hasn't started turning grey/white yet, so black toppik works perfectly. I was just curious how it would look like when I start getting older,

not yet ,my hair hasn't started turning grey/white yet, so black toppik works perfectly. I was just curious how it would look like when I start getting older,

I sometimes will also mix colors. Start off with a little brown Toppik, and then add grey xfusion..

And then I remind myself how pathetic this hair concealment all is....LOL

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

8-month update. Not much new to report.

Hairgrowth seems to have stopped for some reason. I'm also getting virtually no growth around the midscalp and crown area.

Kinda bummed out about this. Only 4 month left till the finished product :(

76bf99d7_o.jpeg

• Administrators

Have you tried growing the top longer? at that length to have good visual density you would need like 9,000 grafts. Remember hair transplantation is all about blocking light from hitting the scalp, maybe try the slicked back look.

Any top down and crown shots you could share?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.