Dr Rahal - 2,245 graft procedure FUT

Great to read this Mav!

Surely you can just imagine how this pumps me up, as I've been right behind you -- currently 4 days shy of 4 months here...

You should be pumped up Ernie, month 4.5 was my sweetspot when things started to happen and the transformation started. I think I am an early grower too, so don't panic if it's slower for you, but now is the fun part my friend, enjoy it. Congrats on exiting the ugly duckling phase.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Mav!

Really happy for you. Looking forward to seeing the progress in photos soon.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies & Gentleman - drum drum ... Attached please find my 6 month post op pics. I couldn't be happier with the result as is, and if it stopped growing and maturing at this point, I would be happy, but I can see a lot of very fine wispy hairs that still need to mature to have an impact, so its still going to get better if that's even possible.

As you can see, I have a miniaturized spot in the midsection and crown area, but do not want to get any further surgeries performed at this point in time 9beware beware of hair greed). It doesn't bother me as it is easily masked with Fil-In hair power or a few sprinkles of Toppik. I have been thinking about potentially going with PRP/ACELL to perhaps help with that area in the meantime. Will be looking into Dr Cooley for that, and if I decide to pull the trigger on that, I will target December.

In terms of the post-op care from the Rahal clinic, the last communication I had from them was back in March when Kamila's replacement called for the 3 month check-in. I was expecting a call and/or e-mail them last week at the 6 month mark, but surprisingly nothing. No big deal, as the pre-op and post-op care really was outstanding, and they probably just set very high expectations. I did just e-mail the 6 months pics as attached to Larissa and to Kamila's old e-mail address, so will see what Dr Rahal has to say about my progress to date.

image1.thumb.JPG.cc6e34cd147f86a68f7f2f27ea03754c.JPG

image2.thumb.JPG.6f47930bf6a261cf1a0a6293b225f609.JPG

image3.thumb.JPG.7f8e9f3cbb80f6263632d1ed96bc959f.JPG

image4.thumb.JPG.f0872b79270af1da549ba0035809b4de.JPG

Here are 3 more pics.

What do y'all think?

That's a full hairline right there - congrats man. How's it look super close up? Pretty dense? Well done by the Hairline King. I'm hoping for a similar result. Right behind you at 4 months 10 days. Same surgeon too.

Congrats!

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

That's a full hairline right there - congrats man. How's it look super close up? Pretty dense? Well done by the Hairline King. I'm hoping for a similar result. Right behind you at 4 months 10 days. Same surgeon too.

Congrats!

Yes, it is dense up close and still getting denser by the week. It was see through until about a week ago, and I still see so many new hairs popping, so once those mature it is going to be very dense. I still give the hairline a spray or two of Toppik before I go out, but I think I'm at the point where that is now unnecessary. The doctor did such a good job.

Congrats it really does look great! Great work by Rahal

Thanks Hairsgone, Stig and Chris. I am soooo happy and excited by the result, and it's still getting better by the week. I heard from Janice at the Rahal clinic 2 weeks ago and she told me that Dr Rahal had reviewed my pictures, and stated the following:

"Dr. Rahal is back in the clinic, he had a look at your photos and is very pleased with your results! He said the areas treated are showing a nice, natural growth that is filling in nicely, creating a thicker, fuller look.

He said in the coming 6 months, you will continue to see an increase in density."

I am not sure how much better it can still be, but there are still a lot of very fine wispy hairs that still need to mature, so I have no doubt in my mind it's going to keep getting better. I am now at the stage where I no longer need to spray Toppik into the hairline.

• 2 months later...
Well, it's been exactly 9 months, and although I still have some more months of maturing ahead of me, at this point I am over moon at the result as is, and this hairline exceeded my expectations. Will let the pics do the talking.

that's what Dr. Rahal does, exceed patients' expectations, he did it for me too! congrats and continued success in your growth...

Big difference since 6 months. Looking good.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 weeks later...

10 month update. I actually studied my hairline this evening, and all I can say is WOW. The maturing has really made a huge difference, and although the month over month difference has been negligible since month 7, I think it has really come into its own and there is a huge improvement if I look back at the 7 month pics. Although the cosmetic difference was the biggest from month 4 to 7, the maturing from 7 to 10 really does make a big cosmetic difference.

Will post pics again at month 12

10 month update. I actually studied my hairline this evening, and all I can say is WOW. The maturing has really made a huge difference, and although the month over month difference has been negligible since month 7, I think it has really come into its own and there is a huge improvement if I look back at the 7 month pics. Although the cosmetic difference was the biggest from month 4 to 7, the maturing from 7 to 10 really does make a big cosmetic difference.

As I am in month 8 post-op with the same doc, this is good to hear. Looking forward to your 1 year pics.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Looks Great Mav!!! Congrats

• 2 weeks later...