Dr Rahal - 2,245 graft procedure FUT

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Any Update?

Now that I have passed the 18 month mark, I am overdue an update. I will work on some pictures this weekend, and post before and after shots to close this baby out. Basically, the difference between 12 months and 18 months is negligible to the human eye, but it became noticible to me in the ease in which it has become to style my hair from month 12 to 18. I still need work in the mid-section, but a few shakes of Toppik easily masks that, so I will hold off for a few years before getting that addressed.

Also must admit that my social life has done a complete u-turn. 3 years ago I was getting no looks from the ladies at all, but now I that has changed completely and I get a lot more eye locks, smiles, and second glances - it's really nice. I've also been approached a few times when out and about (that never used to happen). I'm also dating a sweetheart who is a looker herself, so I have had to politely decline the approaches, but it's been great for my confidence. Career wise, I am also striving.

Bottom line, getting the transplants changed my life for the better, and I owe it all to Dr Rahal and my 1st surgeon.

Thanks Matt & Spanker. I'm curious if anyone can see an aesthetic change from month 10 to month 18? I don't see one at all. Not saying it never matured, because I definitely felt it becoming easier to style, but aesthetically, looks like I was done by month 10. Thoughts?

I was a quick grower, so I think any maturing of my hairs also occurred early, so I wouldn't say I saw any aesthetic difference after 10 months. Many HT patients do report further improvement after this time though. The timeline is very variable.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks Matt & Spanker. I'm curious if anyone can see an aesthetic change from month 10 to month 18? I don't see one at all. Not saying it never matured, because I definitely felt it becoming easier to style, but aesthetically, looks like I was done by month 10. Thoughts?

By 10 months, I looked the same until going in for round 2 at 13 months.

So, from 10 months -- 13 months ----> no change.

And similar to Matt above, I was an early grower

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

• 1 month later...
How's the scar? You seemed worried about it early on but never showed us any pics or followed up on it. Otherwise, awesome result!

Do I sound crazy by admitting I haven't checked it? I'm kinda scared to do so, and difficult to check it myself. I do have to go see a surgeon in NY to get a new prescription of Fin in a few months, so will maybe get him to check it for me then and take pictures.

Do I sound crazy by admitting I haven't checked it? I'm kinda scared to do so, and difficult to check it myself. I do have to go see a surgeon in NY to get a new prescription of Fin in a few months, so will maybe get him to check it for me then and take pictures.

Haha nope, kind of highlights the reality of a strip scar, once its done and covered by hair who really cares:cool: Just asking about it in the interest of research/curiosity.