Dr Rahal - 2,245 graft procedure FUT

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, looks perfect!

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Mav

I know you don't wanna name the NY doctor….Im just wondering how many grafts you got from him? How many total have you had?

Im just asking because Im going back to Dr Rahal in Sept next year and the first megasseion I had was 4800 plus…Just curious

your hair looks great by the way!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Mav

I know you don't wanna name the NY doctor….Im just wondering how many grafts you got from him? How many total have you had?

Im just asking because Im going back to Dr Rahal in Sept next year and the first megasseion I had was 4800 plus…Just curious

your hair looks great by the way!

Sure, the NY surgeon grabbed around 2,300. That practice doesn't do maga sessions or anything more than 2,500 max. Going in to the 2nd, Dr Rahal wanted to get 2,500 but he was always with honest with me in that he didn't think he could get that much and told me to expect around 2,000. I also told him not to try pushing the limits, so he was very conservative with the strip and managed to get 2,250.

Also, if you want to get the max grafts via strip, then Dr Hasson may be a better fit for you than Dr Rahal. Dr Hasson was very confident he would grab at least 2,500 grafts for me, and even more if I wanted. I know Dr Hasson will extend the strip to the sides, whilst Dr Rahal hardly went past the ears with his strip. It was a very conservative strip and I felt really good that Dr Rahal knows his limits. Although 2,500 - 3,000 grafts would have been ideal for me as it could have addressed the miniaturization you see in the midsection, I didn't want want to risk a stretched scar.

Hope it helps. My advice is go meet Rahal in person so he can assess and let you know how much he thinks he can get. Get a second opinion from Hasson or Shapiro or Konior as well. Me visiting them in person before was the best thing I did.

Sure, the NY surgeon grabbed around 2,300. That practice doesn't do maga sessions or anything more than 2,500 max. Going in to the 2nd, Dr Rahal wanted to get 2,500 but he was always with honest with me in that he didn't think he could get that much and told me to expect around 2,000. I also told him not to try pushing the limits, so he was very conservative with the strip and managed to get 2,250.

Also, if you want to get the max grafts via strip, then Dr Hasson may be a better fit for you than Dr Rahal. Dr Hasson was very confident he would grab at least 2,500 grafts for me, and even more if I wanted. I know Dr Hasson will extend the strip to the sides, whilst Dr Rahal hardly went past the ears with his strip. It was a very conservative strip and I felt really good that Dr Rahal knows his limits. Although 2,500 - 3,000 grafts would have been ideal for me as it could have addressed the miniaturization you see in the midsection, I didn't want want to risk a stretched scar.

Hope it helps. My advice is go meet Rahal in person so he can assess and let you know how much he thinks he can get. Get a second opinion from Hasson or Shapiro or Konior as well. Me visiting them in person before was the best thing I did.

Sounds like Dr. Bernstein to me. I saw him as well, but ended up choosing Rahal.

Sounds like Dr. Bernstein to me. I saw him as well, but ended up choosing Rahal.

Only going on memory here so forgive me if I'm wrong but I think Mav said it was Dr. Dorin

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

Only going on memory here so forgive me if I'm wrong but I think Mav said it was Dr. Dorin

I never disclosed the surgeon's name, and out of respect to him, I won't disclose the name. That surgeon did a good job for me, but I really did need more grafts in that 1st pass, and after the fact, I realized that I wanted a different surgeon for my 2nd procedure. In light of this, I feel it would be unfair to disclose his name as posters would incorrectly infer that he isn't a good surgeon or didn't do a good job for me.

• Administrators
Guys, it's at 10.5 months today and I had to share some pics as it's still getting better by the week. I am really surprised by what a difference the maturing really does

Hey Mav, in regards to your question I think 500 grafts would make a good cosmetic impact on the midscalp, you'd have to go FUE route, the doctor would take the thickest multi follicular units in the donor, assuming hair per fu is 2.2 you're looking at 1,100 hairs for that small area, I think it would make a big difference especially when grown out and layered.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hey Mav, in regards to your question I think 500 grafts would make a good cosmetic impact on the midscalp, you'd have to go FUE route, the doctor would take the thickest multi follicular units in the donor, assuming hair per fu is 2.2 you're looking at 1,100 hairs for that small area, I think it would make a big difference especially when grown out and layered.

Thanks mate, appreciate the feedback!

• 1 month later...

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Looks great Mav! You must be happy

Congrats on hitting the one year mark Mav! Looks dam good.

• Administrators

Wow impressive results Mav, you must be very happy, at least you got your hair to keep you warm in that cold New York winter:D

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looking awesome! Was your laxity low or j

How come they only could take around 2500 in the second time

Hasson was way more confident he could get more grafts, Rahal less so. Also,at the advice of JT, in order to minimize the risk of a stretched scar, I told Dr Rahal not to push it, and he ended up going the conservative route. I noticed that Rahal never extended the strip past the back of the ears. If he had extended the strip to the sides, he probably would have gotten more. Wesley and Hasson thought my laxity and donor supply was above average, Rahal thought it was lower than average.

Wow impressive results Mav, you must be very happy, at least you got your hair to keep you warm in that cold New York winter:D

Thanks mate, not only does the hair keep me warm, so does the newish hot girlfriend who I probably would Not have had the confidence to ask out without the thick hair.