Top 5 fue surgeons?

mb30

It seems from looking through the thread that a roughly ordered list is as follows --

Feriduni - Belgium

Lorenzo - Spain

Bisanga - Belgium

Feller - USA

Shapiro - USA

Epstein

Rahal - USA

Keser - Turkey

Erdogan - Turkey

Umar - USA

Harros - USA

Lindsey - USA

Is there a reason the European doctors receive more accolades than the USA based docs? Bald truth seems to favor the Americans, but HRN seems to like the Europeans -- is this based on published cases in the forums, users on the different boards, business PR, or something I'm not seeing?

Really appreciate this thread, it is quite helpful.

To be fair none of those US doctors are in the same league as Feriduni, Lorenzo or Bisanga - the best FUE doctors are in Europe and Turkey and the US doesn't even get a look in. However, for FUT I think the US is probably still the best place to go...

Hi:

I have undergone FUE with Dr.Vikas Gawri Ludhiana India on July 12th. This is my second HT and I had some failed Bio fiber Implantation earlier. I am satisfied with the procedure . I got a good hairline and natural look . This is my 10th day.Most of the scabs disappeared .5000 grafts were taken from the back and 600 grafts were taken from my chin. I had a clean shave today ,nothing is visible in my chin. Hairline looks good .I have posted my pictures in my album . I will keep post my results.moreover Very much affordable.

Edited by siva1999

• 3 months later...

Gents,

I'm probably gonna go with Bisanga for FUE, I'm 27 and a NW2a. I've had a consultation with Rahal as well and they both quote about 2000 grafts. I'm open to FUT but I feel FUE is best for my case. I like Shapiro as well. Any advice for other FUE docs?

Gents,

I'm probably gonna go with Bisanga for FUE, I'm 27 and a NW2a. I've had a consultation with Rahal as well and they both quote about 2000 grafts. I'm open to FUT but I feel FUE is best for my case. I like Shapiro as well. Any advice for other FUE docs?

Jose Lorenzo

European / Turkish doctors are coming out with high yield and great hairlines more and more. From the look of results, they seem to really listen to their patients and deliver well for them. Most of their hairlines are consistent with each side of the scalp, not one side higher then the other. Meticulous detail and truly artistic approaches while preserving yield and proper facial framing with density, this is how it should be. The prices are less, you save thousands less for fue with the Turkish docs, even when you factor in a round trip plane ticket. Good luck.

I think turkey is the place to be for FUE , The docs there have time and again proved there are best to none , as I see Most of us will have a HT just once in their Life , so why compromise when there is a Option , yes Money is a factor but if that is so , Pls wait till you can afford it ... a few years Late is Better than NEVER .... OR Failed HT , and then My Ultimate Fav. Dr Bisanga or Dr Lorenzo but a Little expensive , Nine the Less Turkey is quiet affordable I really Vote for them esp. Dr erdogan , Just my thought !

Lorenzo, Bisanga, Maras, Erdoğan, Feriduni, Doğanay, seems equally good, it seems I will prefer FUE, but hard to choose the best one. Who is the first among equals??

Please just vote for that, so I can concentrate on one of them. I consider Lorenzo, but I am not sure yet.

I can vote for Lorenzo anyway, he does all parts of the procedure to the best of my knowledge up to now,

Turkey is really one location folks should put in their fue radar. Majority, if not alk estractions are done by the docs themselves. Grafts are extracted in numbers to maximize yield. Multiple day procedures are given if required at the same price. Doctors do not suggest megasessions in one day or dissuade you from multiple day procedures to maximize profits. Not many clinics have more than one surgery at a time. They are really doing a great job in turkey.

just to add a small comment about Dr. Koray Erdogan. Dr. Koray does only the incision..rest of all procedures are done by their techs..also in his clinic there are 3 to 4 surgeries running in parallel ....this is my personal experience after having my HT done at his clinic

just to add a small comment about Dr. Koray Erdogan. Dr. Koray does only the incision..rest of all procedures are done by their techs..also in his clinic there are 3 to 4 surgeries running in parallel ....this is my personal experience after having my HT done at his clinic

Interesting, Dr. Erdogan does not do extractions, just incisions? He also does multiple surgeries at once?

Just to Note: In comparison, there are some forum recommended North American docs that also do multiple surgeries at once, do incisions, but do some of the extracting (less than half of the extracting, rest done by Techs), but charge around $7 per graft or more. These surgeries are done with the motorized Harris punch tool.

Edited by Sean

So it begs to question, when patients pay for what they pay for at higher prices;, what exactly are they paying for, doctor profit or actual doctor labor that should be personalized for each patient vs multiple patients?

What if yield and proper hairline design is not met when paying higher prices?

This is exactly why folks should consider utilizing funds on procedures that are done by doctors that give more personal labor and assistance when performing surgeries. I think paying higher prices for surgeries done mostly by techs is assanine if doctors are the only ones judged on forums and recommended vs their technicians.

So it begs to question, when patients pay for what they pay for at higher prices;, what exactly are they paying for, doctor profit or actual doctor labor that should be personalized for each patient vs multiple patients?

What if yield and proper hairline design is not met when paying higher prices?

This is exactly why folks should consider utilizing funds on procedures that are done by doctors that give more personal labor and assistance when performing surgeries. I think paying higher prices for surgeries done mostly by techs is assanine if doctors are the only ones judged on forums and recommended vs their technicians.

Excellent point.

That's why got to respect Ron Shapiro, Konior and others who are more involved with all the aspects of surgery rather than juggling with multiple patients at the same time.

If you are looking for the most consistency in quality and professional pride in the outcome then choose a clinic where the physician is most involved because his reputation is on the line for each and every case and outcome. On the other hand if price is your primary objective, shop around and understand that if your procedure is primarily performed by techs, they are employees and not all are equally motivated or skilled. While it is of course still possible to end up with a satisfactory result, it is obviously going to be more a roll of the dice, so in essence you do get what you pay for most of the time.

From my extensive research I would say lorenzo and bisanga are top fue docs.

Agreed.

I would still give a slight edge to Lorenzo though just based on results. He's best in the world in FUE.

Bisanga is in the same league.

Chances of going wrong with these docs are very less.

I agree with stinger after years of research I think the top 2 fue docs in the world are lorenzo and bisanga. I feel the main reason I ended up choosing lorenzo has to be how they show videos of the result including combing through the hair at the same time it really shows everything. May be more expensive but at least I know dr lorenzo does nearly all the procedure himself apart from loading the grafts. I'm a great believer that you get what you pay for in life.

I'm a little skeptical about Bisanga, not because I think he is bad...but because he does FUT as well as FUE. For smaller cases he does FUE, but for larger ones, he uses FUT...what does that say though about his confidence in FUE? Same goes for Feriduni.

Even if Hasson and Wong adopt FUE tomorrow, we know their core competency is FUT.

For Strip/FUE essentially Dr.Bisanga will look at the patient and especially for those who have advanced loss to see what the best is for them and what is attainable once the donor has been examined and look at the goals of the patient also.

FUE takes from density so there is a finite amount that can be taken without over harvesting, how much doctors and clinics take will vary but we take around the 30 percent over multiple sessions as a general rule. Some may take more but again no matter what protocols they may have, the donor still has a finite amount of grafts and some may get to where they want with FUE alone if the donor is good enough, others will need to go the Strip or Strip FUE route or maybe add body hair to the mix.

I can assure all that Dr.B has no confidence issues with FUE and larger numbers if the donor will give and speak from personal experience with my own case aside from the patients we have operated on and have cases on this forum on larger FUE surgeries over multiple sessions also and here are a few of the larger ones on this forum also and one of them with body hair also:-

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/165574-4-000-fue-dr-bisanga-7.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/176017-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic-brussels-3054-fue-0-12-months-then-2040-fue-crown.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169814-body-hair-fue-nw6-patient-after-chemo-therapy-bhr-clinic-dr-bisanga.html

All the best to all for their research

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

I have to agree with sl. I, for example am I nw 5 probably progressing to a nw 6 and Dr bisanga agreed to take my case after he examined my donor carefully and concluded I had very good density, group groupings and no minaturization in donor. Also, I think he does 80 percent fue and 20 percent strip. So he is certainly dedicated to fue. It's seem Dr bisanga takes on higher nw fue caes only for those who have very strong donor and those who he is confident he can produce a good result. That's my own thought. Nothing wrong with that. That being said, I do agree that Dr Lorenzo has many more documented higher nw fue cases with great results and seems to be a master at achieving illusion of density in a large area with not many grafts.