Top 5 fue surgeons?

mb30

Hello to all,

"Worldwide" which surgeons could be considered as the top 5 at FUE mega sessions ie: 2,500-3000 grafts.

And what kind of paperwork $$$ can I expect to pay for lets say 3000 x grafts?

Please Note: I'm trying to find a surgeon for (FUE work only) no strip.

Thanks in advance for replies :D

Hi there.

Everyone always has there favourite surgeons that doesnt mean there the best and to be honest when you get to the pinnacle of your chosen profession its hard to split the top few.

However i have always liked the following Dr Feller, Dr Rahal, Dr Ferundi, Dr R Shapiro.

The price varies from clinic to clinic. I belive Dr Feller is 10 dollars per graft not sure on the others but i believe the average is around 8 dollars

Best of luck in your search :)

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Many doctors recommended in this site are really good with FUE.

for a FUE only doctor, i would say dr. keser in turkey is one of the best, but he does not do mega session in 1 day though, he does maximum of 700 graft per session, but there is no waiting between sessions, so for example you can do 2800 graft in 4 consecutive days. i think he charges 3.5 euro per graft.

If you are in Europe the only real option i think for FUE is to look to Belgium.

Dr Bisanga's FUE work is second to none IMO. He also handles mega sessions 2-3000 per session.

Dr Frediuni also has presented impressive results and people speak highly of him. I think these guys quote somewhere around the region of €5 per graft also so cost wise it makes sense.

I also hear things bout the Pro hair clinic Belgium which people are speaking highly off. Personally i would go with Bisanga if it was my choice.

Considering you can get the Eurostar train to Brussels. This would be my first port of call for FUE all things considered.

Bisanga is EUR11,000 ($14,000) for 3,000 grafts in 2 days. They won't go over 3,000 for FUE but will do more if it is strip.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

If you are in Europe the only real option i think for FUE is to look to Belgium.

Dr Bisanga's FUE work is second to none IMO. He also handles mega sessions 2-3000 per session.

Dr Frediuni also has presented impressive results and people speak highly of him. I think these guys quote somewhere around the region of €5 per graft also so cost wise it makes sense.

I also hear things bout the Pro hair clinic Belgium which people are speaking highly off. Personally i would go with Bisanga if it was my choice.

Considering you can get the Eurostar train to Brussels. This would be my first port of call for FUE all things considered.

I'm seriously considering Bisanga :)

Personally, I'd take a look at some of our recommended physicians that post a large number of FUE cases (Shapiro, Rahal, Feller, Feriduni, etc).

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi mb30

I'd love to know who you went to in the end ? and costs ? Im considering 1500 grafts (non strip)

I'm considering Bisanga aswell, but his site advises €5 per graft for 1st 2000 then €3 thereafter,, so according to his site its €13,000 for 3000 grafts or €4.3 per graft, but according to posts here they seem to advise €11k for 3000 which works out €3.6 per graft

Did you manage to get a correct price ?

Hi mb30

I'd love to know who you went to in the end ? and costs ? Im considering 1500 grafts (non strip)

I'm considering Bisanga aswell, but his site advises €5 per graft for 1st 2000 then €3 thereafter,, so according to his site its €13,000 for 3000 grafts or €4.3 per graft, but according to posts here they seem to advise €11k for 3000 which works out €3.6 per graft

Did you manage to get a correct price ?

Hi Jay,

I think I,ll go with Dr Bisanga, I have been quoted €11,000 for 3,000 FUE grafts

its €5 for the first 1,000 grafts and €3 per graft for following 2,000 grafts. I was considering Dr De Reys who quoted €7,000 but for the extra €4k I'm thinking it may be wiser to go with Dr Bisanga whos FUE work is well documented. Are you in Dublin? be sure not to have a HT in Ireland I live in Dublin and wouldnt dream of doing my surgery here as surgeons are over priced and under qualified.

• 1 month later...

Ive had both strip(2007) and FUE(2011) with Dr.Bisanga. I cant reccomend him enough. Ive a great head of hair now and considering I have had two strip ops and fue work I can still cut my hair pretty short at the back. I had my first FUT op in 1997 by Dr .Seager in Canada. He has sadly passed away since then but theman was a genius and way ahead of his time in my eyes. His FUT work was so good that when I told the guy who cuts my hair about it years later he actually struggled to see any scar at all at the back. It was that good. I wouldnt say that Bisanga was up to that standard but hes not far off it and hes by far, in my opinion, the best surgeon in Europe and up there with the best in the world. Believe me my research over the years has been quite extensive.

Good lucck.

I agree Dr B is one of the best, but you must be aware that he severely delimts FUE.

He employs cutters and is set up for strip and he will encourage strip at the slightest hint u need more grafts than the FUE ' ceiling' (which he sets on FUE -and it is low)

If you think u would benefit from ultimately more than FUE 4000-5000 grafts, be prepared for a trip to Dr Lorenzo iMadrid or if not, prepare ur rebuttal for ur oncoming lecture as to why you need strip.

But other than that a great guy and clinic.

My Top FUE surgeons based on posted results and patients reviews are the following in order:-

1) Dr. Jose Lorenzo (Spain)

2) Dr. Cristian Bisanga (Belgium)

3) Dr. Allan Feller (USA)

Actually these are the only 3 doctors I would trust 100% in performing FUE on my head. I my have a long list for FUT but for FUE I would limit it to these 3 top notch doctors.

In my opinion, Dr. Jose Lorenzo has the most documented results online and all in HD videos. Very clear and transparent.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

My Top FUE surgeons based on posted results and patients reviews are the following in order:-

1) Dr. Jose Lorenzo (Spain)

2) Dr. Cristian Bisanga (Belgium)

3) Dr. Allan Feller (USA)

Actually these are the only 3 doctors I would trust 100% in performing FUE on my head. I my have a long list for FUT but for FUE I would limit it to these 3 top notch doctors.

In my opinion, Dr. Jose Lorenzo has the most documented results online and all in HD videos. Very clear and transparent.

No Feriduni or Shapiro?

Dr. Lorenzo's work interests me. I'd like to learn more about how he uses the Choi Implanter. It seems like he's one of the only surgeons operating today who really works well with the device.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

PS: Did you guys notice this thread is now in the new FUE sub-forum? :D

PS: Did you guys notice this thread is now in the new FUE sub-forum? :D

I like it! If Doctors post results of a FUE patient, will it go in this section though or in the main results section?

So far I see Dr Serkan Aygin in Istanbul Turkey. First of all, He is honest. Other clinics were even saying 4000-5000 hair grafts are possible during one session. He checked and said your back can not provide more than 2200 hair grafts,however this we will try our best. If We have more, it will destroy your back. One session is enough. No need for second session. Insisting on more hair grafts, he said money is not a matter. I look forward a person who is honest and not money oriented. Sorry pals. I read how much money you are talking about FUE operations. It is really hard to believe for me. Maybe it is because I live in Turkey. I know he is one of the best, because I met many people from different nations and they visit him with others' recommendation. Word of mouth. Because I believe in others' opinions. I'm planning to have my operation in January. Hopefully.

I have to say from my research(however limited) that I would only trust a handful of Doctors with my head if it came to FUE. Dr. Lorenzo would be on top of that list by far. He practices FUE exclusively, obtains great yield and is also ethical(unlike Dr. "Italian fashion designer"). He doesn't do sessions over 2,000 grafts for most patients either which may be an inconvenience for those that need more, but the yield is not hindered.

Anyone know if Dr. Lorenzo is seeing foreigners yet?

He told me only a small fraction of his patients are foreigners(2-4%) so he does take them, but there is quite a waiting list. I wish he would be active on this site, there is a lot of interest in his work.