Top 5 fue surgeons?

mb30

I understand that Mickey and I do agree that they have larger quantities of fue posted.

I personally do not know a lot about Erdogan(Turkey) but he has a lot of work posted on another forum.

Understood :) I just posted my personal list of the most experienced FUE Doctors. Not saying they don't get poor results at times but the tendency would be less than others in my humble opinion.

Maybe they do.

A surgeon who performs fue exclusively will have a larger portfolio of fue work.

It is a grey area in my opinion and I do agree to some extent with what the surgeon in Atlanta says about performing exclusively in fue, even though I do not like his marketing ethics.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Maybe they do.

A surgeon who performs fue exclusively will have a larger portfolio of fue work.

It is a grey area in my opinion and I do agree to some extent with what the surgeon in Atlanta says about performing exclusively in fue, even though I do not like his marketing ethics.

Even his website seems like a on of those late night infomercials!

Bisanga, Feriduni and Lorenzo are the FUE front runners imo. Feller of course is exceptional but he has reservations these days about FUE for anything beyond filling in some hairline recession. In North America, the Shapiro bros seem quite active in FUE and seem to be getting nice results.

As a great a strip surgeon as Rahal is, the FUE results seem to be a bit hit or miss. Perhaps with the hairline density he packs at, the skinnier more vulnerable FUE grafts don't yield as well sometimes. Just a thought. Incredible strip surgeon though.

Feriduni seems like a good choice for people that want to strip out and then get some more with FUE.

As a great a strip surgeon as Rahal is, the FUE results seem to be a bit hit or miss.

Really? I feel like his FUE work is always very solid. Any examples in particular you think don't meet his normal gold standard.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Bisanga, Feriduni and Lorenzo are the FUE front runners imo. Feller of course is exceptional but he has reservations these days about FUE for anything beyond filling in some hairline recession. In North America, the Shapiro bros seem quite active in FUE and seem to be getting nice results.

As a great a strip surgeon as Rahal is, the FUE results seem to be a bit hit or miss. Perhaps with the hairline density he packs at, the skinnier more vulnerable FUE grafts don't yield as well sometimes. Just a thought. Incredible strip surgeon though.

Feriduni seems like a good choice for people that want to strip out and then get some more with FUE.

Agreed. Even though I have seen examples of theirs that were not successful, they are by far the best in the field.

Really? I feel like his FUE work is always very solid. Any examples in particular you think don't meet his normal gold standard.

I wouldn't say always Blake. Regarding particular cases: Yes I feel there are a couple on the forums recently but I'd rather not go pointing them out. Rahal is a top guy so I know he'll sort them out. Of course on the flip side, Rahal hits some home runs too with FUE.

I don't think it's a stretch that planting at higher densities with FUE in one pass can affect the yield but hey that's the risk they take. I don't think even the top dogs are beyond criticism. I don't mean to single any doc out in particular, (happen to think the Rahal outfit is in the top 3 strip in the world) but rather than highlight an example, maybe it's better to say that even some of the top guys find the consistency with FUE is just not comparable to FUT. Even Feller will admit that.

Loads of docs have FUE cases that don't yield that well. My real concern is the big sessions, around 3000 say. Not sure if they're really in the best interest of the patient. I haven't seen too many of those that have worked out great. I've seen a few from Lorenzo and Feriduni. I know Lorenzo has done some massive cases (4000 even) but I guess that must have something to do with how he minimises time out of the body. Not sure though.

Suffice to say, FUE is a bit risky re yield even if you're going with the top tiers. I don't happen to think Rahal's consistency is up there with Bisanga, Feriduni and Lorenzo but imo he's the next tier (just an opinion of course). In all honesty, I believe there's only a handful of good of FUE docs.

Long story short, FUE is more hit and miss even with top docs.

The trick is to ignore the clinic published results, as they only put up the good cases. I too have seen patient published FUE results that were Lorenzo, Feriduni, Bisanga etc cases that did not yield well at all. But the same thing happens with FUT sometimes although not as much.

Mickey,

I think ignoring results published by hair transplant clinics is bad advice. While nothing beats true patient posted testimonials and results, physicians posting detailed examples of their procedure shows the kind of work and results each clinic is capable of producing.

I would encourage prospective patients considering a particular physician to view both clinic and patient posted results in addition to speaking and even meeting patients in person if possible.

The reality is that all physicians have cases of poor growth and complications. Unfortunately, this is the nature and reality of any surgical procedure. However, as long as patient expectations are realistic, problems are typically rare and resolvable by patients and physicians working together.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hmmm some good points Bill, but I think the most honest results and opinions come from the patients themselves. I'm a bit jaded and have been pretty shocked by the amount of cases that didn't turn out and need revisions. Just my opinion though, maybe I was abit out there with the "ignore clinic published cases" comment though.

I wouldn't say always Blake.

"Always" was probably a bold term. Like you said, no physician "bats 1,000." I suppose "very consistent" results is a better description.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

How is dr de rey's work? He does only fue and even implants the grafts himself along with his wife who is a qualified nurse. Also doesnt use an implanter pen which some people are weary of.

• 1 year later...

Wht abt Dr Bhatti - darling buds India for FUE? Iam trying to research his work for FUE & only problem I am facing is lack of effective documentation of results. Also, he is not recommended by hairrestorationnetwork. What's the viewpoint on this doctor? Anyone? Is he in Top 5 or Top 10 FUE surgeons in the world?

How is dr de rey's work? He does only fue and even implants the grafts himself along with his wife who is a qualified nurse. Also doesnt use an implanter pen which some people are weary of.

People are weary of clinics that don't use a pen implanter? Being in the industry and speaking with other physicians and technicians over the last 18 yrs, we've looked at the implanter pen as an easy alternative if you don't have a skilled planter who uses forceps. It takes a long time to acquire the skills needed to plant the grafts proficiently without damaging the grafts with forceps. You need less technicians if you use the pens. When incisions can be made ahead of time the traditional way, the planting phase can be more efficient using 2 or 3 technicians than the implanting pens. The incisions are generally closer together as well.

People are weary of clinics that don't use a pen implanter? Being in the industry and speaking with other physicians and technicians over the last 18 yrs, we've looked at the implanter pen as an easy alternative if you don't have a skilled planter who uses forceps. It takes a long time to acquire the skills needed to plant the grafts proficiently without damaging the grafts with forceps. You need less technicians if you use the pens. When incisions can be made ahead of time the traditional way, the planting phase can be more efficient using 2 or 3 technicians than the implanting pens. The incisions are generally closer together as well.

No no Janna, I meant "Also doesnt use an implanter pen which some people are weary of" as in "some people are weary of the implanter pen" hehe. I should have used a comma to be clearer.

I just want to clarify this statement. I would interpret "weary" to mean that they are tired of them. Do you mean to say that they are "wary" or cautious of them?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

In the right hands the implanter pen can produce stellar results. If you give a paintbrush to a 6 year old child and see what they produce you might not consider it artwork. Give that same brush to Monet or Picasso and a masterpiece is created. It all depends on the ability of the surgeon. Dr Lorenzo is a good example of the implanter pen producing masterpieces.

I just want to clarify this statement. I would interpret "weary" to mean that they are tired of them. Do you mean to say that they are "wary" or cautious of them?

Opppps, sorry, meant wary hehe. This was at a time where implanters were in their relative infancy and people were a bit apprehensive about them compared to the widely-used custom blades.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone, im new here as this is my first post.

I'm from portugal and im considering the option to have a HT.

So i wanted to ask you if you could suggest me a good doc that had the best results/price relation. Im on my early 20s and i have a receding hairline, i thought about opting for FUE and i have sent some photos to some HT doc on online consultation and i was told by the most i needed somewhat around 2000folicules to have a good density on the hairline.

So what doctor you would recommend me?

Thanks in advance.

If you can come to india then i will suggest you the best doctors india Dr Arika and Dr Pradeep sethi for fue. I have also get it done from him and i am highly satisfy with my results of 4303 grafts. I am attaching my pics. They will charge $3 per graft.

5b32de5ea45f9_balbirhistory.jpg.a53809b3e89bbf91e121fde1ba95051d.jpg

• 2 months later...

PS: Did you guys notice this thread is now in the new FUE sub-forum? :D
Hello i am new here i couldnt send u a private message dont know why. I am confused on where to do my FUE in turkey most of them claim that they are the best. Do u have any idea /