My FUE With Dr. Rahal 3000+ Grafts (Large Procedure)

Sean

Did my write up/results help you with your questions regarding Dr. Rahal's FUE?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

I think it's obvious that these clinics aggressively manage their reputation. Being in the medical field myself I realize that at the end of the day it is impossible to determine outcomes. There are always exceptions and each persons biology responds differently. Lifestyle factors complicate this further. Because of the sensitive nature of this type of procedure (which I feel is vastly different from all other plastic surgery procedures for many reasons).

Dr. Rahals office routinely does 2-3 procedures per day and all the heavy lifting is done by techs. However, if procedures and protocols have been overseen and developed by the lead physician I don't necessarily see this as 'bad'. I think however, as a prospective patient looking into this procedure there is a generally higher level of anxiety going into it due to the seedy and troubled past this industry has. I believe they (all clinics) portray the process in a way to help reduce what I like to call the 'spook' factor where people suddenly become overwhelmed with fear and doubt and back out of the procedure.

There is probably a statistic that these practices could share if they wanted that would give us an idea of their failure rate. Say setting like 5% of procedures don't take. Across the board all things being equal and 100% perfect execution will still yield that same failure rate. It's just a reality going in.

• 3 weeks later...

There is probably a statistic that these practices could share if they wanted that would give us an idea of their failure rate. Say setting like 5% of procedures don't take. Across the board all things being equal and 100% perfect execution will still yield that same failure rate. It's just a reality going in.

I certainly understand your thought logic here, Fue.....yet one would assume that the majority of the very well-renown clinics bat somewhat close to 1000 when they have a money-back guarantee/replacement plan from poorly yielded results. I'm curious to know what percentage of procedures don't take.....and how many are due to odd biology/physiology and poor after-care practice. I'm sure in some cases, it's error from the clinic as well.......

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

• 2 months later...
Sean, if you read this, please contact me as it is a matter of great importance.

Mickey, hope everythings good. Tried to avoid thinking about this for a while. Got tons of messages I'm just reading through from lots of well known hair celebs as well as professionals. You mentioned matter of great importance, what's up?

Mickey, hope everythings good. Tried to avoid thinking about this for a while. Got tons of messages I'm just reading through from lots of well known hair celebs as well as professionals. You mentioned matter of great importance, what's up?

Sent you a PM buddy.

Sean & Mickey85, what is up Guys? :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

• 5 months later...

Thank you docs, reps, and hair loss sufferers for your thoughtful pms and messages. Come July, lets see.

Mickey, youve done a great job informing folks about FUE. Keep up the good work.

Thank you docs, reps, and hair loss sufferers for your thoughtful pms and messages. Come July, lets see.

Mickey, youve done a great job informing folks about FUE. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Sean, appreciate it. Wish you all the very best :)

hi sean whats your current status? were free grafts given/needed, or did the result improve further over time?

• 3 months later...

Update: July 3, 2014, another 1,417 grafts were added to the same region worked on before via fue. So, add 3,016 from prior procedure and the recent 1,417 grafts to get and idea of how many grafts were used in the same region.

It should be noted i still have native hairs visible before recipient placement as of 8/10/2014. This is evident from prior procedure as well as this one.

Really hoping for the best. Lots of grafts used hoping to get that luscious density and forehead distinction lowered and temples pushed forward and closed to reduce the look of prominent forehead. This was the initial goal and was the ultimate goal.

Update: July 3, 2014, another 1,417 grafts were added to the same region worked on before via fue. So, add 3,016 from prior procedure and the recent 1,417 grafts to get and idea of how many grafts were used in the same region.

It should be noted i still have native hairs visible before recipient placement as of 8/10/2014. This is evident from prior procedure as well as this one.

Really hoping for the best. Lots of grafts used hoping to get that luscious density and forehead distinction lowered and temples pushed forward and closed to reduce the look of prominent forehead. This was the initial goal and was the ultimate goal.

Followed you from the beginning

so glad to see you hung in there and had another procedure

only the best to you

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys, i am hoping for the best. I really appreciate you all following and your feedback. This has turned out to be a pretty tough journey, but I will post pics soon. I am in the bad phase, got shockloss all over the place. A lot of grafts used in same small recipient area, kind of worries me, and i am hoping this one resolves many issues/concerns I had. If Dr. Rahal clinic wants to, they can post my July 3 correction repair photos showing my donor and recipient area worked on (only in crisp DSLR high resolution, not fuzzy), and blocking my face as I did for my previous ones. They took tons of photos this time. They watched this post closely from the beginning, so I am sure if you ask, they will respond.

I have been transparent as I could be to give you a detailed real authentic account from the eyes of a patient and will continue to do so. Hope I have informed well and helped you all out for your restoration journeys.

Welcome back, Sean! Very, very best luck with the growth and outcome of your touch-up/repair session!!

This go around, were there differences you noticed from last time in the FUE procedure/protocol/approach/tools used/method/extraction personnel/etc. at Dr. Rahal's clinic?

Hi sean! Good to see you back! I did followed you in the beginning

Wish you good luck.

Welcome back, Sean! Very, very best luck with the growth and outcome of your touch-up/repair session!!

This go around, were there differences you noticed from last time in the FUE procedure/protocol/approach/tools used/method/extraction personnel/etc. at Dr. Rahal's clinic?

Thank you guys. I really appreciate it.

Well, prior procedure was definitely longer.

1st FUE:

-most extractions were done by a lead technician, who was very new to FUE extractions/learning, some were done by the doctor. Doctor was also attending other surgeries.

-the Harris SAFE punch system motorized tool was used.

.8mm punches were used, some at .9mm supposadly

-doctor made incisions

-2 technicians placed grafts (one technician was new to Dr. Rahal's clinic from US, white) and one was an older Asian lady

-1 other new technician was holding, passing grafts to these other techs, rising the operating table chair, up and down and positioning.

-more than one surgery was going on

-clinic was small to mid size , 2 - or maybe 3 operating rooms?

2nd FUE Repair

-the same lead tech from first procedure was extracting my grafts about 60% and doctor did the rest. this time he did seem to be more confident, needing no instruction. doctor again was attending to other surgeries.

-the same FUE motorized extraction tool was used, .8mm punch sizes used as confirmed by clinic (like last time)

-doctor made incisions

-for recipient graft placement, did not see same new white technician from US from last time, other then the two Asian ones, and another newer face from last time,

-the younger Asian one that rose my chair up and down last procedure seemed to be partaking in surgeries now

-this clinic is a lot bigger, more than 3 operating rooms, a lot more techs working there, some newer faces.

-more than one procedure going on same time as mine

-definitly less backbreaking for me as I didnt have to be in the chair for such a long time, but again this is a streneous procedure to go through

-i did not have much swelling, like last time

-i did pay for my own hotel and travel costs for this repair, and used up my days off of work for this as well (eliminating my family vacation time)

-so far i got shockloss and nothings changed up front yet, but doctor rahals clinic said as a repair patient this may take longer to grow now, after I sent them some photos, so lets see

Hope i've answered your questions Puppdaddy.

Good luck mate, have just read over this entire thread, quite full on! I have no doubt in my mind the goods will come through!!

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*