My FUE With Dr. Rahal 3000+ Grafts (Large Procedure)

Sean

Did my write up/results help you with your questions regarding Dr. Rahal's FUE?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went straight to the 9 month photos from the pre-op ones and I must admit I felt a bit underwhelmed by them. I'm glad that the posters in this thread were honest in their assessment, but I also feel bad for the poster. I notice he hasn't been on this thread in a while and that the 10 month photos were deleted?

If you read this Sean, I hope things turn out well with your hair and wife. There are some pics (I think 8 months?) where your hair is flat down and it looks GREAT.

I have limited knowledge of FUE but seeing 3000 FUE grafts did ignite my curiosity. Let's hope we get some positive updates from Sean soon :)

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can understand why someone wouldn't want to stay around after an unsatisfactory results. Regrets, embarrassment, not wanting to be continually reminded, feeling bad when seeing other people's great results etc

Sean didn't claim an unsatisfactory result. He posted his photos, it's the community that deemed it somewhat unsatisfactory.

If you get an unsatisfactory result, I suppose it goes two ways: you stick around and try to sort it out - OR - you give up all hope and retreat.

(if my result turns out bad, I'll probably retreat too. I can't afford to go through it all again for the foreseeable future)

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

I can understand why someone wouldn't want to stay around after an unsatisfactory results. Regrets, embarrassment, not wanting to be continually reminded, feeling bad when seeing other people's great results etc

Sean didn't claim an unsatisfactory result. He posted his photos, it's the community that deemed it somewhat unsatisfactory.

If you get an unsatisfactory result, I suppose it goes two ways: you stick around and try to sort it out - OR - you give up all hope and retreat.

(if my result turns out bad, I'll probably retreat too. I can't afford to go through it all again for the foreseeable future)

I think those two reasons are the main ones, especially the last really. It would be very demoralizing to come here and view the successful results and ask yourself 'why, why did my result not work out'. That's the thing about cosmetic surgery, if they work, they elevate you whole life but if they fail you end up worse than before...

I can't claim to have too much knowledge, but I've read many times FUE is a bigger risk when you have a megasession. Perhaps this could be part of the reason too.

I remember the "AmaninIndia" situation, with his poor results after a Hasson and Wong procedure. He had a long thread going (I think it may have been a different site though), and eventually stopped replying.

I PM'd him, but did not hear back, and when he finally responded, I got an esoteric sort of "Hey, hows it going?" To which I responded and then no response. I do not know if it was him who really responded and if so why the sudden quietness. Here are the possibilities: 1) H&W told him they will somehow (refund, repeat session, something) take care of him, contingent upon him going on lockdown 2) His results still sucked but he moved on in life.

This is probably what happens to most patients who have poor results by highly reputable clinics.

I would guess that, in this industry, reputation is paramount. Companies will have to stand behind their procedures to any degree. Those that don't will probably suffer from bad stigma that is hard to shake off.

Edited by recedingboy

recedingboy,

I can assure you that "AmanIndia's" posting privileges have not been suspended. In fact, I just received an email from him last week after not hearing from him since he last posted on our forum. We did have a discussion about his results and I even encouraged him to post his latest photos and his opinion of his final results on our forum.

I'm not going to get into the detail of what he and I discussed since he asked that our conversation remain confidential. However, I did and still do encourage him to post his final results and opinion on our forum.

Best wishes,

Bill

1) His account access (because H&W probably support some of these sites) was suspended and, the site admin/owners, to retain their credibility responded for him pretending to be him

Recedingboy,

I am grossly disturbed by the implication that we'd not only suspend "AmanIndia's" account in attempt to protect our credibility (which makes no sense at all I might add) but actually view and respond to private messages sent by and to other members.

Firstly, suspending a member's account for sharing their genuine experience and concerns would hurt our credibility, not retain it. Secondly, this community has a long history of allowing members to share their genuine experiences and concerns on this forum. All physicians (including world renowned ones) have patients who are less than satisfied and/or who have less than optimal results. The publishers and moderators of this community have been broadcasting these statements for years. However, in the event a physician recommended by this community shows evidence that they're no longer producing consistent excellent results, we've removed physicians from our recommended list.

I suggest that you go back and look through our very long history of patient advocacy before even suggesting that we'd attempt to manipulate our own community and its members.

Bill

recedingboy, it was probably an agreement between H&W and the patient that he stop expressing his dissatisfaction and in return gets a refund or free repair. There was another FUE case on here very recently where the patients expressed concern over his 6 month results and then 12 months(same thread) with pictures of his current status showing a poor result. He comes back on 3 weeks later saying that the grafts are coming through and he is expecting a good result... It's obvious what happened there...

if you need 3000 grafts for a hairline it proves you that when you get 1500 grafts or 2000 grafts for a transplant you won't get much coverage or density...not to sur about getting a transplant anymore,Rahal would still be my choice.

Plus, it was FUE. Am I right in thinking that you need a little more grafts for FUE than you would for FUT?

(Don't know where I got this from, could be wrong)

MTL30 there are numerous threads of great hair lines for 2000 grafts and under.

Hmmm not sure if the graft quantity is a factor for FUE in comparision to FUT. Maybe if the yield rate is less but they certainly would not mention this...

Recedingboy,

I am grossly disturbed by the implication that we'd not only suspend "AmanIndia's" account in attempt to protect our credibility (which makes no sense at all I might add) but actually view and respond to private messages sent by and to other members.

Firstly, suspending a member's account for sharing their genuine experience and concerns would hurt our credibility, not retain it. Secondly, this community has a long history of allowing members to share their genuine experiences and concerns on this forum. All physicians (including world renowned ones) have patients who are less than satisfied and/or who have less than optimal results. The publishers and moderators of this community have been broadcasting these statements for years. However, in the event a physician recommended by this community shows evidence that they're no longer producing consistent excellent results, we've removed physicians from our recommended list.

I suggest that you go back and look through our very long history of patient advocacy before even suggesting that we'd attempt to manipulate our own community and its members.

Bill

Bill,

When I wrote my possible explanations as to why he did not respond or provide an update, I didnt even remember if it was this site. I actually feel this is one of the most respectable and transparently administered website. As it is now clear it was this site, and based in my continued confidence and faith in you and your fellow admins, I will happily edit my post. I mean you posted my post, which can be construed as having content critical and presumptious of this site. There is no reason you would permit this if you were not transparent..

Edited by recedingboy

bill, thx for responding and clarifying. i too have been dedicated to this site and have found it extremely helpful and very transparent. i just wish we knew what happened with these patients who had bad results and then just stop posting.

btw bill, did you guys attend the conference in the bahamas just held in october? if so you will be publishing some updates on what was discussed and what went on at the conference as you guys did last year?

Yep it's a great shame we can't hear the rest of the story.

You just have to think: if you had posted your whole story, showing you so excited and positive at the start, and seeing how gradually that positivity turned negative.......you'd be a bit embarrassed. This is why I haven't posted my pics and been very careful with my wording (i.e great experience, can't speak for results yet) because I don't want to look silly if I end up disappointed.

Let's hope their hair took a turn for the better and they forgot about us and are too busy enjoying their new hair :)

Agreed Tommy. Too many people initially post about their experience and say things like "everything went smooth" or "Like to thank the techs etc etc(it's their job to be nice)" or "had surgery with the wonderful Dr _____" and then things hit the tank and the Dr is not so wonderful. :(

I am now having second thoughts of going through with ANY surgeon that uses a motorized punch. I'm now thinking either strip or FUE by Bisanga only. I have not heard a single bad case, has anyone here?

I was on one of the other major forums earlier, and found one this morning just by chance.

Check out forum member 'druginducedhairloss' on TBT.

As I have said multiple times and reiterate this again, all surgeons will have had some poor results or unhappy patients. No surgeon is exempt however wonderful they are made out to be, and just because you cannot find them, it doesn't mean they do not exist. The more online patients a clinic has, the more susceptible they will be.

All of the leading surgeons you have mentioned produce excellent FUE, and I would personally consult with all of them.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Chrisdav you considering another HT now?? Motorized FUE is not good. Dr De Reys even said with manual you can 'feel' when you have the hair or when you do too deep or tight etc. You can't do that with motorized. This ARTAS thing is another step in the wrong direction with it's big punch size and fast insertion speed. The Euro FUE guys would scoff at ARTAS.

Hi Mickey.

No I am not. I only seeked to repair the damage I had done in my younger years.

Now, I am very happy with my hair currently.

Will consider more surgery if/when I lose more hair as I get older.Outside of that, I take finasteride and have done for 5-6 years now. It is likely I will introduce minoxidil in the future years, and possibly any new treatments that become available.

The forums were a massive help to me, which I am eternally grateful for, as hairloss is something close to my heart I guess, even though it is not extensive, and when you have been through the mill at a young age like I have,wasted donor hair and lost several thousands of pounds when I earnt barely anything, I like to give something back and help others not make similar mistakes as I did.Only of recent, it was fortunate as I have mentioned before, my sisters boyfriend was close to having 4000 fue when he wasn't even a candidate for surgery. He has no knowledge of this industry. I always thought when I got to 12 months post transplant, I would never post again.

Hopefully you find the right surgeon to repair the poor work you had done. You are in the right place to.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

It could be from any surgeon as I have said before even if you go with the best surgeon, it is not a guarantee.

It just reduces considerably, but does not eliminates the risk inherent in any surgical procedure.

Well he had done little research, has extensive balding and diffuse.

I am not claiming to be Dr, but I do know that someone has a thinned,patchy donor supply is not suitable. It was a poor clinic in the Uk.

• 2 months later...