My FUE With Dr. Rahal 3000+ Grafts (Large Procedure)

Sean

Did my write up/results help you with your questions regarding Dr. Rahal's FUE?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thanks guys, as always I appreciate the feedback.

MattJ: I am just waiting for the video that was shot by Dr. Rahal on May 4th as he has a HD type camera vs my iphone 4 video. So, that's just one of the reasons I went to the appointment with him other then checkup. It is still taking time to edit and I did tell them to block my face in it so maybe that's why. I got those photos through email just the other day so I put em up right away. I'll post my own video update next month. Thanks.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking great Sean, sometimes FUE gets as great as FUT in yield and it happened in your case even though a motorized FUE tool was used. I realized we have similar crowns. Are you planning to do another FUE session for it or wait more time?

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Looking good:cool:

Thanks Spex, you are lookin great! :)

Looks amazing man :) Get some shots of the hairline, I wanna see the trademark Rahal density!!

Mickey, thanks for the feedback. Will try to do that soon. I think the video will show it better so definitely stay tuned. I'll try to get it and post it up as soon as I can. :)

Holly crap! Based on these photos, at least, your Rahal FUE yield and cosmetic result are indistinguishable from a Rahal FUT. You must be chuffed.

PupDaddy

PupDaddy, Thanks for your feedback. It certainly is getting exciting. I still have 4 months of growth left at least. Stay tuned to see how it looks when it is fully matured. :)

Killer! :)

Thanks Aaron. Appreciate the feedback. How are things with you? :) Any luck with PRK instead? I know Lasik was a no go but was hoping PRK opened up opportunities for you.

Looking great Sean, sometimes FUE gets as great as FUT in yield and it happened in your case even though a motorized FUE tool was used. I realized we have similar crowns. Are you planning to do another FUE session for it or wait more time?

Hariri, thanks for your feedback. You asked me about my crown situation being similar to yours and asked when I would do work on it. Honestly, I don't know the answer to that question yet until I see my results grown out to their 100% levels. The hair restoration process, being my first, has been very demanding and nerve wrecking during the waiting periods. So, only after evaluating final growth levels, I will decide on what to do next and what areas I need to focus on. It takes a lot of commitment, post op care, extra caution, to make sure you do everything right, especially, the way I have been doing it. So far, medications have helped regrow most of the crown and thicken it up since past 8 months. I hope it gets better and better and buys me some time instead of me venturing into the black hole region for the grafts too soon.

You also asked me another question in another thread, about my hairline according to finger size. At this point, it seems to be about 4 fingers and just gradually fluctuates a little higher when extending towards my corners/temples. I still have more thickness and growth left for at least another 4 months so I will see how things look at final stage.

Again, thanks for the comments everyone!

Really happy for you, Sean. You must be made up with this result, and as you said you've still got more density to come.

3,000 FUE is a large procedure and what a success you've had!

Looking forward to more updates!

Great progress, Sean! Thanks for posting the pics. Looking forward to the video.

Zenmunk, thanks man. Appreciate it. I'll put the video up once I get it as I am still waiting for it. I hope things are good with you. :)

Really happy for you, Sean. You must be made up with this result, and as you said you've still got more density to come.

3,000 FUE is a large procedure and what a success you've had!

Looking forward to more updates!

England, thanks. I appreciate the comments. :) Looking forward to seeing your updates too. I mentioned it on your blog already, but the work looks great. I think your in a for a great result in the months ahead man. Happy growin.

WOW,

Very nice Sean , im happy for you !!!

Sirius, thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the comments. :)

Sean, I wanted to ask, in your signature it says you have at least 5,000 grafts remaining. Did Dr Rahal mention if that was predicated on the use of FUT only, FUE only or a mixture of both?

Sean, I wanted to ask, in your signature it says you have at least 5,000 grafts remaining. Did Dr Rahal mention if that was predicated on the use of FUT only, FUE only or a mixture of both?

Mickey, Dr. Rahal mentioned that I have at least 5,000 grafts remaining for FUE. He didn't mention it for FUT, just for FUE. :) Another member on another forum I think asked the same question regarding my procedure and about the donor area to another doctor, and that doctor mentioned that I could possibly have more than 5,000 for FUE. If I have that much ammo for FUE, it makes me wonder how much could I have had for FUT if I chose that route. Thanks for asking.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the video for my 8 Month Update.

Here is my 9 Month Photo Update Before Hair Cut.

DRY HAIR at different distances. (1-2 Hours After Shower)

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32294&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32295&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32296&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32297&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32299&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32298&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32300&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32302&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32301&forumid=1

In 2 days I will probably post my 9 month Video Update with fresh hair cut with clip one fade on the sides.

WET HAIR at different distances.

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32303&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32309&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32306&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32304&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32310&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32307&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32305&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32311&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32308&forumid=1

In 2 days I will probably post my 9 month Video Update with fresh hair cut with clip one fade on the sides.

With Rogaine Foam Applied after wet hair dried at different distances.

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32312&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32313&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32322&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32314&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32320&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32317&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32315&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32321&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=32318&forumid=1

Thanks for the photographic and video updates, Sean! You hair looks good!

I compared your current updates with your 6 month updates. I can see a slight increase in density, but what I notice the most is your hair appears softer, more natural, now. That will only improve in the coming months.

What are your thoughts on your progress? What are you most happy about? Are there any areas that you are less satisfied with?

Thanks,

z

Looking great Sean!

Thanks Alex, how's the healing? Hope everything is goin good for you. :)

Looking great Sean......at the point now where you can just enjoy your hair!

Orlhair, thanks. :) How's everything coming along? I know you held off with the procedure for the moment as hairs were continuing to mature for you. Hope things are good.

Thanks for the photographic and video updates, Sean! You hair looks good!

I compared your current updates with your 6 month updates. I can see a slight increase in density, but what I notice the most is your hair appears softer, more natural, now. That will only improve in the coming months.

What are your thoughts on your progress? What are you most happy about? Are there any areas that you are less satisfied with?

Thanks,

z

Zen, Hope everything is good with you. I took photos dry, with water, and with rogaine foam at different distances. I just threw in the rogaine foam applied pics to add to the mix of scenarios. Hope the different scenarios and my new camera helps. I'll post another video/photo update after my haircut with a clip 1 fade in a day as I didn't get any time to do it.

Regarding progress, I think things still have time to grow,mature,thicken, and get better. Yes, it's soft and one worry was it looks see through when I stick it up. However, regarding that density concern, the doc assured me in May. Basically told me it'll continue to grow/thicken with density and get better with time as it matures. I am only at 9.5 months so I got 2-3 months to go. I am waiting for things to even up, density to fill up/thicken overall, and to see how everything sits/looks according to my face at the 12 month mark when it's fully grown. That's probably the best time to really describe it more accurately as I am still in progress. So, I'll disclose result opinion in my threads in the end. To answer your question on current progress, at the 9.5 month mark, I am obviously expecting to see thickening overall, evening, more solid front/sides/temples by the time this is all done. Even though both sides need thickening, one side still does look less dense vs the other. I am guessing these things are due to me not being fully grown/matured yet. From what people told me, each side also can grow differently. Hairline was planted at 65cm2 density, behind it 55cm2, sides at 50cm2, so I think I still have more time to grow. Based on that, it should look killer in the end when it's done. So, stay tuned and let me know what you think of my progress.

I'm impressed with your very clear pictures. Great camera indeed. After viewing your last hairline photos combed backward I noticed you have the same problem I have, the right side of hairline is weaker than the left one as I can see your scalp but the difference is that you are not a repair patient. Im 10 months post OP too. Whats the hairline density you suppose to have after this 3000+ FUE HT? Any plans for a future extra hairline density FUE HT session?

DSC07235.jpg.c834975e140b9bae05cf3abf9f2fa236.jpg

DSC07237.jpg.5fc27f0b180c26c6a5013bc7f761ab09.jpg

DSC07236.jpg.f8ac2cb9cb9923a7b42e5be2377bc7b3.jpg

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Sean,

How are you feeling about your results? You still have some time but the very from seems a tiny bit weak. It could be the strong lighting though. Am I being too picky to feel that the hairline should be a bit stronger?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I'm impressed with your very clear pictures. Great camera indeed. After viewing your last hairline photos combed backward I noticed you have the same problem I have, the right side of hairline is weaker than the left one as I can see your scalp but the difference is that you are not a repair patient. Im 10 months post OP too. Whats the hairline density you suppose to have after this 3000+ FUE HT? Any plans for a future extra hairline density FUE HT session?

Hariri, thanks for the feedback. My hairline density is 65cm2. I do have areas that need thickening/evening/growth. I know the right side vs left looks different. However, next 2 months should change things right? About any future plan, I don't know yet. Hope things are coming along for you. :)