My FUE With Dr. Rahal 3000+ Grafts (Large Procedure)

Sean

Did my write up/results help you with your questions regarding Dr. Rahal's FUE?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sean...can u elaborate on ur development/results with Biotin/Fish oil? I am interested in taking something else to supplement Propecia. What brands/dosage, etc? U really have seen good results from this ? Thanks!

Capelli, I am taking everything in my signature, however, regarding the biotin/fish oil, I am taking NSI Omega 3 With EPA & DHA 2.126grams (2 softgels per day), Natrol Biotin 10,000MCG (1 tablet per day). I got both these things from the vitacost website.

For me, I feel these particular brands/companies are the best for me and their ingredients are really potent vs other brands.

What I feel, the biotin/fish oil combo is doing is making my hair grow faster and making the quality of my hair better, like giving it a shine/fluffy feel instead of keeping it dry.

I feel the MSM is stopping inflammation on my scalp, as I had an issue with sebum before. I think it also is making my hair grow faster.

I feel the Rogaine Foam is speeding up growth too (especially in the recipient area), but it has a tendency to dry up the hairs and scalp, I feel the fish oils are counteracting with it and keeping it shiny and healthy. The propecia is doing its magic by removing excess DHT and regrowing my hairs overall.

However, again, the fish oils and biotin, I feel are making the quality of my hair better. It's not dry or brittle. The hair feels better when I put my hand through it.

I know some people have said that MSM or Biotin may have a tendency to cause breakouts (acne), but I have not really seen this and my skin has actually cleared a lot more. I am guessing, but I think any form of acne I had could have also been reduced by the 4-5 cups of green tea I drink throughout the day.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know some people have said that MSM or Biotin may have a tendency to cause breakouts (acne), but I have not really seen this and my skin has actually cleared a lot more. I am guessing, but I think any form of acne I had could have also been reduced by the 4-5 cups of green tea I drink throughout the day.

This is interesting as I took MSM about 8 or 9 years ago because I had some acne and read it was good for it. I actually noticed that my hair grew faster, and at that time I had no idea that this was a known effect. This makes me strongly believe that MSM is worth taking for that purpose.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

This is interesting as I took MSM about 8 or 9 years ago because I had some acne and read it was good for it. I actually noticed that my hair grew faster, and at that time I had no idea that this was a known effect. This makes me strongly believe that MSM is worth taking for that purpose.

Matt, that's right. It speeds up growth and a lot of other things. Some people have mentioned they take 3,000mg a day, but I am only taking 1,000MG a day.

It's good for a lot of things. I am definitely seeing positive effects from it.

Here is some more info on it:

http://www.msmguide.com/

Facts to remember MSM Dosage

Edited by Sean

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. I was away for the holidays and didn't get a chance to post updates or to respond to some of your pm's. Here is my update from 1/6/2012. I have posted photos and a video of my 4 month update. I'll try to post my 5 month update at the end of the month, might be late a few days since I will be traveling again. Let me know what you think of the results so far.

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=30754&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=30755&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=30756&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=30757&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=30758&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=30759&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=30760&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=30761&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=30762&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=30763&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=30764&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=30765&forumid=1

All the short hairs will get some more thickness and length this month. Month 5 is going to killer for you! You're on pace for a great result.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Looking great Sean......really like the hairline and your growth is coming in fast.......glad that you were an early grower! Very exciting time!

Orlhair, Thanks man. I appreciate the comments. It is exciting and I am doing whatever I can to maximize the results.

Lookin' good, Sean! And, much more to come! Very happy for you!

Zenmunk, thanks for the comments. I appreciate it. How is your search coming along?

Sean,

What a result so far! Loving the hairline design and looking forward to next month's update!

Luke, thanks for the comments. I appreciate the feedback. How is the rogaine/propecia treatment coming along? Hairs getting stronger in the front?

All the short hairs will get some more thickness and length this month. Month 5 is going to killer for you! You're on pace for a great result.

Aaron, thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it. I am excited for month 5. I can't wait to see how it looks at the end of the month.

Everyone, I know the pictures didn't come out all that great. I hope the video can show it better so take a look at that for now. I know not to use the iphone 4 face camera next time when I try to take pics. Sometimes the pics also break pixels when I upload them to the blog. I'll take it with a better camera next time. I know the video doesn't look bad and i'll continue taking the videos.

As always, thanks for the feedback.

It's coming along nicely. A clear difference between months 3 and 4.

I think you might benefit from cutting the native hair shorter to blend the length with the newly growing grafts. I mean that's the main difference I'm seeing between the transplanted and non-transplanted areas now. What do you think?

It's coming along nicely. A clear difference between months 3 and 4.

I think you might benefit from cutting the native hair shorter to blend the length with the newly growing grafts. I mean that's the main difference I'm seeing between the transplanted and non-transplanted areas now. What do you think?

Thanks Matt. I will try to get an even haircut soon. I know as the new hairs are growing, the length of native hair is making it uneven in length. New stubbles forming everyday and it's hard to keep up.

Really don't want to get a buzz again anytime soon, but maybe I might have to consider it to even things out? I'll see what I can do.

Zenmunk, thanks for the comments. I appreciate it. How is your search coming along?

Very close to settling on a doc. Gotta have a second consult and meet some patients in-person. Just waiting to retest for DHEA levels to see where I'm at. If all goes well with my bloods, then I'll feel confident to remain on propecia indefinitely and move forward. ;)

Thanks Matt. I will try to get an even haircut soon. I know as the new hairs are growing, the length of native hair is making it uneven in length. New stubbles forming everyday and it's hard to keep up.

Really don't want to get a buzz again anytime soon, but maybe I might have to consider it to even things out? I'll see what I can do.

I wasn't talking about a buzz. It just looks to me like the native hair at the top could be taken down a bit which would even everything out.

Sean,

I'm considering FUE, too. I'll probably need 1300 - 1600 grafts to restore my hairline. I'm concerned with donor density post-HT.

I've seen some pics of other FUE patients where extraction patterns created subtle rectangular outlines within which the density appears less than the hair outside of the donor area. Of course, the hair must be buzzed to a very short length to notice it.

How is your donor density doing compared to how it was pre-HT? Any noticeable differences?

Thanks,

Z.

Sean,

I'm considering FUE, too. I'll probably need 1300 - 1600 grafts to restore my hairline. I'm concerned with donor density post-HT.

I've seen some pics of other FUE patients where extraction patterns created subtle rectangular outlines within which the density appears less than the hair outside of the donor area. Of course, the hair must be buzzed to a very short length to notice it.

How is your donor density doing compared to how it was pre-HT? Any noticeable differences?

Thanks,

Z.

Zenmunk, sorry for the late reply, I have been traveling. So far, I have gotten haircuts buzzed with clip 3 on the sides. Now I am nearly 5 months out and I think it's time I get one with a clip one on to show the donor area better. As far as density is concerned, by feeling the back of my head and I really can't tell the difference by feeling. I guess the only way to show how the donor density is, is to give it a closer buzz on the back and sides to see if there is any subtle rectangular outline. Maybe i'll have it done by my next photo/video update to show you. Hope your search is coming along good. I think with the number of grafts you are planning on getting, it's going to look great on you. Best of luck.

I wasn't talking about a buzz. It just looks to me like the native hair at the top could be taken down a bit which would even everything out.

I am probably going to get a haircut soon. Top trimmed evenly and probably a clip 1 fade on the sides. Trying to get it done before my next update.

Sean,

Can't wait for your next update! Looking forward to seeing how the FUE extraction looks with a grade 1!

Thanks for being willing to do this!

Your progress last month was amazing! I am really looking forward to seeing how much it's growing!

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

Zenmunk, sorry for the late reply, I have been traveling. So far, I have gotten haircuts buzzed with clip 3 on the sides. Now I am nearly 5 months out and I think it's time I get one with a clip one on to show the donor area better. As far as density is concerned, by feeling the back of my head and I really can't tell the difference by feeling. I guess the only way to show how the donor density is, is to give it a closer buzz on the back and sides to see if there is any subtle rectangular outline. Maybe i'll have it done by my next photo/video update to show you. Hope your search is coming along good. I think with the number of grafts you are planning on getting, it's going to look great on you. Best of luck.

Thanks for the reply, Sean. Hope you enjoyed your trip. I really look forward to that feedback about your donor area when you've gotten around to documenting it.

Best,

Z

• 2 weeks later...

Luke and Zenmunk, I am getting a haircut in 2 days and will post the new photos and video showing the donor area with clip one. I didn't have time to do it but will have it done by Thursday.

I will have the photos with a clip one fade in better quality as I'm grabbing a better camera tomorrow. I wanted to keep up with my monthly updates so I am posting this update below.

Guys, take a look and let me know what you think.

Photos of my five month update are here:

Hair Restoration Journal -1 YEAR BEFORE SURGERY

Video of my five month is here:

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients

Again, getting a new haircut with a clip 1 fade on the sides in 2 days. I'll post the photos/etc again right after that.

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

First of all, GREAT job with the video, Sean! Your documentation is among the best I've seen on this site, if not the best. So, thanks a lot for what you're doing for the community.

Most importantly, your 5 month results are STELLAR! So happy for you!

I really look forward to seeing your donor area with clip one. Thanks again for your willingness to post that.

Best,

Z

Sean your transformation is really coming along....AMAZINGLY!!

Fantastic documentation too! I can not wait to see the result of your hair as a #1!! Very intrigued!

How does it feel to know that you have a fantastic set of hair now?? And it's only going to be getting better!

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress: