My FUE With Dr. Rahal 3000+ Grafts (Large Procedure)

Sean

Did my write up/results help you with your questions regarding Dr. Rahal's FUE?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On the topic of Rogaine, I'm not totally sure what's responsible for the increase in definition of forehead wrinkles that some users describe, but you could be on the right track in linking it to the decrease in oil and the dryness. Various things dry my skin out (products and food intolerances) and I notice forehead lines can deepen a heck of a lot. I once aged myself 20 years overnight by using the wrong soap. I was horrified when I saw myself, but everything went back to normal.

Just a thought.

Yea, I think the link between excessive drying and the lack of oil on the forehead may be the cause deepening of the lines, etc. I think the extra dryness from Rogaine use definitely makes the forehead lines deeper. That's the wrinkle effect I saw I guess. Other then that I am not seeing any new wrinkles develop. It is most likely temporary I think.

Vitamin E oil on the forehead, a drop of it, may help in this situation. I think i'll just grab some to avoid the extra dryness on the forehead.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5000 more by FUE seems like quite a big number. You must have really great donor characteristics. Lucky you.

Yes, I was really happy when the doctor notified me that I have at least 5,000 grafts remaining for future use. Hopefully I wouldn't need them in the future, but it is great to know I got a lot of ammo left.

Sean...in regards to your FU/Sq. cm count...when you consulted with Dr. Rahal...did he tell you that this would be the general numbers per sq. cm?

When I consulted Dr. Rahal, he pretty much I think gave an estimate of what we were shooting for based on density I think. He marked the areas he was going to concentrate on, on paper. I know that he had a paper where he marked what zone he transplanted to and at what FU/sq cm. After the surgery, I think I was pleased to find out that the density planted was considered really good.

Trapps99,

- How did the work look? Can you post photos in a new thread so we can observe / provide feedback

- Is it possible they were just concentrating on doing a good job?

- What day of the week was your surgery (in case we want to avoid same day)

Just had one done with rahal...hope it turns out very well..

As for Persnality, The doctoe in two days spole about 10 words to me an anotehr patient that was there....Seemed like he had other things on his mind and for that we were both very shocked how such a well recommended clinic didnt pay TOO much attention to us patients...Took a pen, scribbled on a line and said good to go....That was it..

Maybe he was feeling a little under the weather wich would explai n it..

On the chair..no tech said a word..

When it was over...i had to ask if it was done...in previous procedured they let you know if they were close...

But really i just hope the work is good....but as far as patient care it rates below average for me and the other gentleman that was there... I guess the smaller number of grafts warrents less attention...

The other flew almost 20 hours to be there and felt very almost disrespected from the treatment he recieved.......

Nothing bad mind you but VERY unhospitable...

That's surprising to hear. He was very nice with me, answered all my questions. Didn't rush me out.

Just had one done with rahal...hope it turns out very well..

As for Persnality, The doctoe in two days spole about 10 words to me an anotehr patient that was there....Seemed like he had other things on his mind and for that we were both very shocked how such a well recommended clinic didnt pay TOO much attention to us patients...Took a pen, scribbled on a line and said good to go....That was it..

Maybe he was feeling a little under the weather wich would explai n it..

On the chair..no tech said a word..

When it was over...i had to ask if it was done...in previous procedured they let you know if they were close...

But really i just hope the work is good....but as far as patient care it rates below average for me and the other gentleman that was there... I guess the smaller number of grafts warrents less attention...

The other flew almost 20 hours to be there and felt very almost disrespected from the treatment he recieved.......

Nothing bad mind you but VERY unhospitable...

This is kinda worrying... I'm having surgery in January, when I consulted Dr.Rahal I didn't get the feeling that he didn't care at all.

I hope this is a one off thing, everything else I read sounded like the complete opposite.

During my consultation I thought he was really nice...he naturally isn't much of an extreme talker but I believe he is very professional and you have to get him to loosen up yourself. I think he cares extremely about his patients and I would probably rather someone who was focused and super professional than a comedian doing my HT!

well. during my consoltation he was nice as well...

But again, as long as the work is superior it wont matter to me. I was just suprised that a top recommended surgeoen didnt say more than 4 words to me during and after the procedure..

If thats just his way to get the beswt result, then im all for it....

SECOND MONTH UPDATE: These shots were taken by Dr. Rahal during my follow up appointment with him in NY on October 28, 2011. As for the donor area, most of it seems healed, however, I do have some shockloss I believe on the right side of my donor area still as compared to the rest of the donor. I guess it is still healing and I hope it is temporary. Please comment and let me know how you think the hairline looks/donor looks so far. Keep in mind, most of my native hairs in the recipient area have grown back, however, there are a couple of early small hairs growing from the transplanted grafts. Thanks.

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=30260&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=30259&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=30264&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=30261&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=30262&forumid=1

viewattachment.cfm?attachid=30263&forumid=1

Hairline looks really good Sean...donor looks great too! You are almost out of the tough period...hang in there...good stuff is still to come!!!

Considering that this was a larger procedure, the shockloss is not surprising and there is still time for it to return.

I'm trying to compare these photos to those taken before surgery. I think it looks like you have hair noticeably growing where it didn't before. I mean there are hairs growing throughout the recipient area and I don't believe your native hair came down as low.

You definitely look like things are about to properly bloom. Exciting months ahead!

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hairline looks really good Sean...donor looks great too! You are almost out of the tough period...hang in there...good stuff is still to come!!!

Thanks Capelli, I appreciate it. The waiting part really sucks and especially since I am avoiding Toppik or any concealers. Let's see how things look Month 3.

Considering that this was a larger procedure, the shockloss is not surprising and there is still time for it to return.

I'm trying to compare these photos to those taken before surgery. I think it looks like you have hair noticeably growing where it didn't before. I mean there are hairs growing throughout the recipient area and I don't believe your native hair came down as low.

You definitely look like things are about to properly bloom. Exciting months ahead!

Thanks for the reassurance on the shockloss Matt. It was kind of freaking me out because it seemed to have recovered everywhere for the most part except the right side. I guess things just heal differently even on the scalp. Yes, I have a feeling I did grow some grafted hairs in the recipient early. I think the longer hairs are native, and the smaller/thicker ones are the grafted ones. If you click on the photos I think it may let you zoom in. Can't wait for the months ahead. Thanks.

Anyone know how to upload videos into the thread? I got a video of my donor Dr. Rahal took at this appointment and he used the comb to show the donor. I want to show it to you guys, but can't figure out how to upload it here.

Looking good Sean.....seems like you may already have some early growth. If so, that is a good sign. I had my first few hairs sprouting by the 2 month mark and it was starting to go pretty strong by the 3 month mark. So, I think you are in for some fun times over the next few weeks!

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Sean,

It's looking great mate. You have the added reassurance of knowing that Rahal and his team will look after you and address concerns.

Im definitely going to have to factor in shockloss this time too: larger procedure, scar tissue, 4 HTs in four years and planting between native hair. GULP!

The support is there mate every step of the way.

Just a quick tip: Sean you are extra meticulous and thorough, excellent qualities to possess, but I would try not to overthink it at this point mate. Not easy advice to take on board but the journey in itself isn't an easy one.

All the best

Jessie

Looking good dude. Keep us updated.

Thanks for the comments, I will keep you all updated. Looking forward to getting all the feedback I can get.

Looking good Sean.....seems like you may already have some early growth. If so, that is a good sign. I had my first few hairs sprouting by the 2 month mark and it was starting to go pretty strong by the 3 month mark. So, I think you are in for some fun times over the next few weeks!

How's your transplant coming along? Can't wait to see the next update. Yes, I think I have had some early growth which has me excited. In the pictures/video it is at 57-58 days post op, I think it is a very good sign. I am excited for month 3, hopefully it grows strong like yours by then. Thanks for the comments. Looking forward to seeing your update.

Sean,

It's looking great mate. You have the added reassurance of knowing that Rahal and his team will look after you and address concerns.

Im definitely going to have to factor in shockloss this time too: larger procedure, scar tissue, 4 HTs in four years and planting between native hair. GULP!

The support is there mate every step of the way.

Just a quick tip: Sean you are extra meticulous and thorough, excellent qualities to possess, but I would try not to overthink it at this point mate. Not easy advice to take on board but the journey in itself isn't an easy one.

All the best

Jessie

Jessie, thanks for your comments. Yea, the Rahal team is really good. I was just on the phone with them the other day and the patient care team asks me every month how I am doing through email and answers all my questions. I have so many questions. I even call them up and if they are not available at the time, they call me back to answer my concerns. I am really happy about that.

As you can see from my pictures/video posted, most of my donor shockloss seems recovered except that right side I think. Like you said, you may have to factor in shockloss, but then again, if you are doing FUT, you might not have to worry about it as much for the donor. The recipient zone, there is a possibility as you can see from my photos, but hairs regrowing even native hairs is a positive sign when it comes to shockloss. I have seen some results with some doctors planting in and around native hairs, and I think this doctor did a great job planting in such an area since most native hairs did return so far. It is a risky area to work on because shockloss can be temporary or permanent depending how things are placed and it is most likely more permanent if the hairs were already weak enough to fall in the future. But try not to worry about that too much, you may not even face any shockloss depending on how far down you intend to go into your hairline. My area had tons of native hairs in and around where the grafts were placed (some thinner than others), so maybe that is why I got hit with temporary shockloss I guess. I think you should be good to go though.

Jessie, Thanks for all your support. I appreciate it.

I know, I think sometimes being so thorough may make me think more into it lol. I am trying to avoid looking in the mirror to analyze my grafts and etc right now. The waiting stage is not easy. This being my first transplant ever, is making the journey harder and I'll try not to think too much about it.

Looking good man, and it's pretty cool you got a video out of the deal. Watch, in 4 months, you will be on youtube as the guy who has this crazy 6 month growth!

I can see the shape of your new hair line, and I'm telling you it looks pretty awesome.

It kind of makes me wish Dr. Rahal worked just down the street and that he took drop-in's!

Looking good man, and it's pretty cool you got a video out of the deal. Watch, in 4 months, you will be on youtube as the guy who has this crazy 6 month growth!

I can see the shape of your new hair line, and I'm telling you it looks pretty awesome.

It kind of makes me wish Dr. Rahal worked just down the street and that he took drop-in's!

SugarHighs, thanks a lot. I think the video I put up along with pics can give a better idea of what people are to expect from such a transplant.

I really hope I get that crazy 6 month growth lol. Yea, I wish Dr. Rahal did work nearby. It would make things so much easier for lots of people.

Your time is near, you must be feeling good. Can't wait to hear about your procedure / updates. Wish you the best.

SugarHighs, thanks a lot. I think the video I put up along with pics can give a better idea of what people are to expect from such a transplant.

I really hope I get that crazy 6 month growth lol. Yea, I wish Dr. Rahal did work nearby. It would make things so much easier for lots of people.

Your time is near, you must be feeling good. Can't wait to hear about your procedure / updates. Wish you the best.

Thanks, Sean.

I'm generally very private about my personal life, but I really like what you've done here and I'm going to keep a similar log.

When the time comes, I will post the thread. In the meanwhile shoot me a PM if you want to compare notes or discuss anything.

Thanks,

Sugar

• 2 weeks later...
Sean, things are looking good. One question, have you experienced any sides on Finasteride? How long have you been taking it?

Jgreyorl, thanks for the comments. I did send you a private message regarding finasteride because I couldn't post here before. Did you get the message?