My FUE With Dr. Rahal 3000+ Grafts (Large Procedure)

Sean

Did my write up/results help you with your questions regarding Dr. Rahal's FUE?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Early days yet,keep us posted Sean.

Chrisdav, thanks for the feedback. How are you doin? I know your 5 months out and seeing progress. I will keep you guys posted. :)

Looking great Sean......really nice growth!

Orlhair, thanks for the feedback. Hit the 6 month mark and now lets see how things look at the 7 month :). How's everything lookin for you? Lookin forward to your next update as always.

Yes, I am good thank you.

I am at a week past 5 months and will post consistently up to 12 months as I expect you will to.

It's a longggggg road ahead still. :)

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Orlhair, thanks for the feedback. Hit the 6 month mark and now lets see how things look at the 7 month :). How's everything lookin for you? Lookin forward to your next update as always.

Sean, things are good. I hit 9 months this week.....will post some photos this weekend....sporting a new style.....nice to have options I didn't have before!

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Looking great at 6 months Sean. Great documentation as well.

Best wishes for continued success with growth.

Yes, I am good thank you.

I am at a week past 5 months and will post consistently up to 12 months as I expect you will to.

It's a longggggg road ahead still. :)

Long road ahead bud but it's gonna look great in the end :). Try to avoid what i end up doing at times and that is looking in the mirror too much. lol. Can't wait to see your updates. Happy Growin.

Sean, things are good. I hit 9 months this week.....will post some photos this weekend....sporting a new style.....nice to have options I didn't have before!

9 month mark :). Nice!!! Can't wait to see the new style you are sporting. It certainly must be very exciting to have many options now. Any tips on applying the american crew fibers hold? If I am not mistaken, you were using it. I don't know if I am putting too much or how to really apply the stuff. It's been ages since I used hair styling products and I have to re-learn it all. lol. How much of this stuff do I put in my hand, do I put water on my hair first? How do i start? lol... Any other products you recommend for styling?

Looking great at 6 months Sean. Great documentation as well.

Best wishes for continued success with growth.

Janna, thank you so much for the wishes and the feedback. I really appreciate it. Very nice to see feedback from an expert like you. I'll continue to post the updates and document everything. Thanks again. :)

Hi Sean,

Looking good!

Based on your expectations, how would you rate your satisfaction with your Six Month results?

Hey bud, as always thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. Well so far, i'd say I am halfway there. I do have uneven growth on my head. From temples to hairline, Right side has less than left side it seems. Less density so it looks different. It's ok because it's only 6 months but it should get better in time. Both sides do need more density and I am sure in the months ahead it would get better. I want things to even up as much as possible. To be nice and even with no sign of thinning/recession. I am happy right now as I see more and more hairs sprout up. I am starting to regain confidence more and more. Really looking forward to the months ahead to see how it grows and how it looks. I will continue to document and post updates. If you have any video/pic requests let me know too. I'll try my best to style or do my hair that way to show how it looks in that particular style. Right now I am sporting a fauxhawk like look. I'll try to switch it up as time goes by. Donor area looks good and I can't tell of any scar or anything. Seems like healing process went very well. No numbness either. I could feel my entire scalp.

I will be meeting Dr. Rahal again for follow up when he is in NYC in May. So, lets see how it looks by then. I will ask him to take lots of photos so I can post them here as he has the DSLR camera which shows results accurately. I am actually looking for one, either canon / nikon, but they are pretty expensive for me at the moment. I'll have to wait a little on that.

Can't wait to hear your feedback on my future updates and looking forward to yours as well.

Sean, I do use American Crew Fiber some. The trick is to use very little of the product. Just a little too much and it doesn't work well. I use it on dry hair. Recently I started using Aveeda Grooming Clay which I like even better. Use it the same way.......a tiny amount goes a long way.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Hey sean , you look great , and the temples area look so natural. And we are only halfway from the final result . I have the same problem with a spot on the right side , not to much density but i don't care cuz i know that in few months it will get even.

Do you still use rogaine two times a day ?

Sean, I do use American Crew Fiber some. The trick is to use very little of the product. Just a little too much and it doesn't work well. I use it on dry hair. Recently I started using Aveeda Grooming Clay which I like even better. Use it the same way.......a tiny amount goes a long way.

Aveda Grooming Clay is the business! Awesome stuff that I would recommend any guy test.

Aveda Men Grooming Clay is the business! Awesome awesome stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

orlhair, I am still trying to get use to all this stuff. You were right about the crew fiber. I definitely have to use very little of it. It is pretty powerful stuff.

I am picking up the Aveeda stuff this weekend. Thanks for the tips and in your new forum update, your hair looks GREAT! I see that you have scheduled for June. Can't wait to see your updates.

Hey sean , you look great , and the temples area look so natural. And we are only halfway from the final result . I have the same problem with a spot on the right side , not to much density but i don't care cuz i know that in few months it will get even.

Do you still use rogaine two times a day ?

Sirius, thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it. I use rogaine once every night now. I think using it twice a day was excessive. Especially for me, as I am putting a lot of it on from front to back and getting complete coverage. How is everything coming along? You look great.

Aveda Grooming Clay is the business! Awesome stuff that I would recommend any guy test.

Sugarhighs, picking it up this weekend. I have been hearing more positive reviews about it ever since orlhair and you have confirmed its good stuff. How is everything coming along for you?

Thanks for the video, Sean! Really appreciate all the effort you put into it. Hairline looks denser (particularly your right side) and very natural. More to come!

Zen, no problem man. Thanks for the feedback as always. I do admit it takes me a while to make these videos because I have to keep focusing and looking under different types of light. From low to high to give everyone different lighting conditions to see how the transplants look. I purposely do this. I think videos show the results better then photos as you can move your hair and let you see all the little details that you can't with photos. I hope it helps you all out a lot. I'll keep on updating you guys. Thanks again for the feedback Zen. Hope things are great with you.

• 1 month later...

I have received quite a few messages/emails regarding the status of my 8 month post op results. I met Dr. Rahal on May 4th in NY. I have been extremely busy during the day. So, I haven't had the chance to get in touch with Dr. Rahal's clinic for the video/pictures yet. I'll try to get them as soon as I can this week and post them up. So, thanks to all interested on my progress. I appreciate the feedback.

Also, I get a lot of questions that I have answered couple of times before. So, from now on, i'll just answer them here. Some of you guys have asked me about the FUE extraction. The punch sizes used on me were .8 and .9. The tool was motorized. It was not manual punch nor was it the Neograft.

Sean, 0.8 sounds great. What type of motorized FUE tool was used with you? Can you specify? Was it Feller punch or James Harris SAFE system or any other???

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Damn, that is a pretty aggressive amount of grafts to use in the hairline but Dr. Rahal does great work and you are already looking great and still have a lot of time to keep improving as your hair comes in. Do you know how many grafts per cm2 he used in the very front there?

Sean, 0.8 sounds great. What type of motorized FUE tool was used with you? Can you specify? Was it Feller punch or James Harris SAFE system or any other???

Hariri, I am not exactly sure as to which tool was used other than it was motorized. Maybe Matt can answer your question about the specifications of the tools.

Damn, that is a pretty aggressive amount of grafts to use in the hairline but Dr. Rahal does great work and you are already looking great and still have a lot of time to keep improving as your hair comes in. Do you know how many grafts per cm2 he used in the very front there?

Gandolf, thanks for your feedback. I'll be posting 8 month video/pics soon once I get them from Dr. Rahal's clinic. But here are the details of the grafts:

Total Graft Breakdown: A total of 3016 grafts were implanted. 1091 singles, 1439 doubles, 407 threes, 79 fours, is the graft breakdown. Density consists of 65cm on hairline, behind hairline it is 55cm, sides are 50 cm, overall it is 58cm density.