11 month update: Dr. Hasson 10/19/2006 - 3701 Grafts

Thanks for the comments guys...I appreciate it.

nobuzz,

Good point about hairline refinement. I think Bushy is a good example of that too...he feels the second HT has helped soften the hairline. Even though he was pleased with his original, he feels his second hairline is superior. I would argue the same for me, only from the first two sessions at this point since the third has yet to come...but some of it has to do with added density icon_wink.gif. All around, I'd say, the doctors I've chosen have done an ethical and good job.

B Spot,

You will eventually surpass me with the number of grafts after a third surgery unless I go for a 4th a long time from now. icon_wink.gif. But yes, we will definitely be a good representative group for those who need more than 1 surgery. You're gonna be thick bro...as I'm sure I will when all is said and done. Even KNOWING what I know, it's hard to keep the big picture at hand. Just as Spex said in another post, I still find myself looking in the mirror at every given opportunity hoping something has changed. Most of the time, nothing has =P. Patience is a virtue right? icon_wink.gif

Mrjb,

I'm sure Dr. True will do a great job on you. Even though he has more of a conservative approach, seemingly his yield is high and he does great work.

London_Lad,

thanks for the vote of confidence my friend. I'm glad I can be a help to others just as others have been a help to me. Trust me...I'm looking forward to the next few months...wish I had a time machine icon_wink.gif.

Glock,

You are right...comparison is vital in determining the success of surgeries. It's a bit more difficult for me, however, because since the very beginning, I know I've lost more native hair...really almost the entire top of my head would be bald by this point, so the progress I've made at this point is saying something even bigger than before/after pic comparisions.

I'm glad Evoclin is helping with the in grown hairs. I'm still getting them but not as much now oddly enough. I still put Aloe on my head every now and then and use some left over Tend Skin which was recommended to me by Dr. True after my 2nd surgery. It has a high alcohol content so I don't recommend using it too soon after surgery.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey John,

Thanks for the interest my friend. Yes, I'd say that I'm at least at the before HT point...maybe a little past it, but not much. When I compare my hairline pictures from 14 months post 2nd HT, and now, I can notice a small difference where my hairline looks more defined. Looking top down, however, I don't really notice any difference yet. But as Spex as reminded us in another thread, 3 months is way too early to tell anything. I feel some stubble and see a few new hairs popping through here and there...so the fun part of the journey begins...but where it ends is to be determined icon_wink.gif

Bill

Hi Bill

Looking good you bast@#d icon_smile.gif Trust me my friend. With the T closure I wear my hair at guard 2 and you can barely see a scar.. It's quite impressive. If your stylist shaves down to guard 3 and then cuts the rest with scissors, it will be prefect..

It's hard to believe what they can do these days... It did seem to take a bit longer to heal than the first though but the result is better

Good luck buddy

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

3.5 month update: Starting to see visual differences in the mirror now. It's funny because like most people, I've been scrutinizing every day, and then one morning I woke up and looked, and I noticed that the front hairline appears thicker. Because some days seem better than others, I gave it a week and looked in different mirrors to confirm...it is indeed starting to grow and be a bit more noticable. Don't get me wrong...it's only just started...I'll post some more pictures at the 4 month point which is about 2 weeks away.

Bill

Cool Bill, that's got to feel good! You've been very diligent in posting updates which is a huge help to everyone. Thanks for the effort you Hairy Beast!!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

lol hairbank. Thanks for the comment. I'd say the biggest difference I've noticed over the last couple weeks has been the hairline literally. Not too much new behind the hairline yet. I can feel stubble back there, but nothing visual in photos yet. But the hairline does appear fuller in the mirror. Then I look at the top and I'm like "ok, still a long way to go".

• 2 weeks later...

4 month update (ok, two days prior, but close enough):

Pictures added. I'd say there's been some new growth over the last month but it's minimal. I think I'm a slow starter this time around, which is a bit disheartening since the last two seemed to start earlier. I have high hopes though and know that 4 months is still very early on in the process. I think the next few months should be pretty exciting. Let's hope!

Bill

Bill,

A couple of things, 4 months is still early, the crown apparently is slower to grow in, and you have a lot of redness and pimpling which means there are plenty of seedlings ready to burst.

Even still, things look great, next few months should be fun!!

I am 5.5 weeks, got a few pimples - nothing else to report. Counting the days!!

NoBuzz

nobuzz,

Thanks bro. yeah, crown is growing in slowly, but at least activity is brewing right?

Still some pimpling and redness...though (and this is a good thing), it's more difficult to see in the mirror since there is more hair to cover it up. Looking forward to the next several months for sure. I'll probably keep my hair at a 3 or 4 clip for a few more months.

Glad to hear you are progressing nicely at 5.5 weeks. Welcome to the doldrums...gotta hate em...but it pays off in the end right? icon_biggrin.gif

Bill

Hairline looks great Bill .

Big difference!! As we know the crown will fill in slowly ..

You are on your way.. Hows the scar coming??

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Bill:

Density is definitely increasing as the weeks go by...because you keep your hair short, it's more difficult for you to get a layering/coverage effect...as everyone has indicated, the crown will always take longer to grow-in, so patience is a must...hang in there--your reward is right around the corner...thanks for keeping us posted!

Mike

50 Plugs----Dr. Frankenstein

100 Plugs---Dr. Jekyl

1500 FU's---Dr. Beehner

2000 FU's---Dr. Cole

Everything looks great. Its got to be fun to now know that it is all good from here on in. The hairline has always looked good and will only get that much better. Looking at the top photo I think that it is possible there might have been a little more shock loss than was first thought. Hard to say though. Either way just a matter of time and it will be awesome.

I am curious to see what things will be like when complete. Just my opinion but I think with you, choice of future hairstyle will be somewhat of a factor in appearance of density because it looks like you have very dense donor area and sides.(I think I recall saying that prior) I hope you don't read anything negative into that, but with someone with thinner sides it is easier to "match" the recipient area if you know what I mean.

I still stand by what I said in earlier post that you'll be right up there as a top fiver soon.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Bill,

I continue to be impressed with your hairline. It looks very natural and frames the face very well. Dr. Hasson will have only enhanced this strength, while adding considerable thickness.

The top and later the crown, will continue to thicken as you are but 4-months into a 12-month+ term. With the number of grafts you received and the quality of the surgery, you should look fantastic when all is said and done.

Here's to a great upcoming month of growth!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

It's really starting to quick in now, great definition in your hairline blending very nicely with the temple shapes, the crown looks very promising even though the thickening will take longer. Considering this is your 3rd HT you seem to have a fast regrowth, at this pace you might reach close to full maturation before 12 months.

Thanks for your support guys,

Mrjb,

Scar is coming along...I just shaved down to a 1 clip again to see how it looked...still a bit pink with some scabs here and there in the scar. Best guess on the scabs are ingrown hairs or excessive dryness. I haven't been diligent in recent times using anything on the scar...so I've started using a lotion with Vitamin E just to moisturize the scar...I used it first and second HT and seemed to help with dryness. When my recipient area gets thicker and grows more, I will most likely keep my sides and back at a 3 clip which seems for the most part to conceal the scar.

Irish,

Thanks man...I appreciate the encouragement.

Mike,

You are right about the layering effect that I won't have any of that if I keep it short. My short hairstyle is more of a temporary thing just so the new hair growing in will easily catch up in length with the existing hair. I am thinking, however, after this last haircut (even though I said otherwise) that I might grow my top to a 7 clip wich is 3/4 inch and cut the sides and back to a 2 or 3 clip...just to see what I look like. Heck, by the time my recipient grows that long it will be at least another month anyway hence approx growth rate of hair is 1/2 inch per month. Hopefully there will be some better results then...though I know even 5 months is early.

Nervous,

You are possibly right about the shockloss, however, I normally don't wear my hair this short. It's so short I can only just grab it between my thumb and finger. I think I may grow it a little bit as I said above...but I'm not sure yet. Either way, my shorter hair style is only temporary...I'll probably grow it more like Jotronic eventually icon_wink.gif. You are right about the sides and back...they are very dense and I try to generaly keep them short so they don't appear to thick.

M&M,

Thanks for the compliment about my hairline bro. I'm pretty impressed with the hairline itself at this point...just waiting for the density to come in behind it icon_wink.gif. But you got it...I just have to wait and wait and wait...and eventually, my HT will be at maximum benefit. For now...I'd say I'm on my way icon_wink.gif.

Bill

Bill, they're starting to pop. I can't wait till month 6!!!!!!

Can you take a pic of the scar? Since you cut your hair so short, it woud be really interesting to see it. Thanks!

PS Where in PA do you live, Bill? Ever come to NYC?

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

Bushy,

Yes, they are starting to pop! I'm definitely looking forward to the coming months...but darn it...I want results NOW :P.

I'll try to get my wife to take a picture of the scar in the next couple days. There's still a good amount of redness and it's pretty noticable with my hair so short. I've decided to grow my hair in the sides and back to about a 3 clip to conceal it more. After several more months I may shave it again just to check it out.

I'm in the Philly area of PA. I know I've talked to a few people on here about taking a trip to NYC and get together...I think that would be fun. Interested? Perhaps in the summer sometime!

Bill

Dr Hasson put appx 3,000 grafts into my frontal-mid appx 5 years ago. His work was absolutely phenominal !!!!...I hardly come back to this site much anymore since Propecia and HT have worked so well. I am 46 and still as much hair as after the HT work.

Seldom do old timers ever come back and comment, so I thought I would. I am not sure if M. Ferko is still with H&W, but he was a big help as well. I may be in the archives somewhere. Pat H. your site is only getting better - good Job !

NW

Bill, your looking really good bro!!!!

Remember, your hair is so short it is standing straight up, so when you take those "unflattering" top shots, remember that!!!!

By 7-8 months and some additional length will show that you are almost back to full pimp status!!!!

I just don't know what your going to do with all the hair!!!!!!!

Spread the Hair Love!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hey NW!

Glad to see you make an appearance!!!!!

Dude, I think you last posted in '05 or something!!!!

Would LOVE to see some current pics brother!!!!

Anyway, hope you spend some time hanging around the site.

Good seeing you again,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

NW,

Always glad to see an "old timer" come back and send good wishes. As B Spot said, we'd love to see some updated pictures. I can't remember if we've spoken before or not to be truthful...but it is a pleasure to meet you! Glad Dr. Hasson treated you well!

B Spot,

Thanks bro. I DO plan on growing my hair a bit to help give me more of the illusion of density and the feathering effect. Frontal shots are starting to look pretty good in most mirrors, so that's encouraging...but you are right about the top shots. Once more growth occurs, I add length, and it thickens, I should be in pretty good shape!

Don't worry bro...I'm always spreading the hair love icon_wink.gif

Bill