11 month update: Dr. Hasson 10/19/2006 - 3701 Grafts

Thanks for the correction Bushy icon_smile.gif.

I don't mind being wrong once in awhile...which is why I stated I couldn't remember for sure icon_wink.gif. Though I think I'll just blame that post on one of my clones...DARN clone #3! He's fired!

Of course, I'm aware that grafts are securely transplanted after a couple days, though I don't think I'd be as liberal to state 3 days. I like to err on the side of caution and advise 10 days. Though grafts are most likely secured BEFORE then, this takes into account people different healing rates. I HAVE seen people lose a graft between day 5 and day 7 from not being as cautious as I believe they should.

I agree with you though...wear a hairpiece as little as possible giving your hair the chance to breathe, etc.

Bill

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill,

Looks like things are really filling in, my friend. Crown looks like it's starting to fill in as well. As you know, crown takes longer so I'll be you still have mucho growth to occur there as well as thickening and maturing. I know my my crown really took 9-10 months before I really felt I noticed a big change so hang in there.

Looks great!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hairbank,

Thanks bro. Things are looking better each month for sure. I know many people who's crown filled in later so I'm sure there is more to come. I am happy so far with what I'm seeing and though I don't like to rush time...I find myself looking forward to the 10-12 month mark icon_wink.gif.

Always a pleasure hearing from you my friend.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

John,

The scar actually is doing pretty well...but the hair sticks up, especially on that one side...I think I am going to try to grow it out a bit...but I'm not sure. I want to be able to style it nicely...either way, I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks John!

Bill

that's interesting. So the hair sticks instead of covering that area? Is the tricho hair on different angle?

Hopefully it will soften as months go by. If not, it still is a great tradeoff considering how you were.

anyway, good luck

John,

I believe my hair always did that to some degree at shorter lengths, however, because of the scarring, I'm sure it's amplfied now. The tricho hair, however, does grow at a slightly different angle which also probably adds to it. But yes...I'll definitely take this problem over being completely bald icon_wink.gif

I will keep you posted.

Bill

Looking good Bill

Just look at your first pre-HT's pic and now! The scar looks very good and is virtually hidden. Camera's aalways pic up everything so it has to look good in real life.. The top is filling in nicely as well..

Now you are down the home stretch!!! i'm almost at 2 months and things are healing incredibly fast.. why I have no idea this time, only difference was the Aloe shampoo I'm using??

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Bill,

Oh oh! Starting to see a hint of some styling going on.... Soon you'll be joining your wife for a day at the salon to get a new quoiff (not sure of spelling).

Looking good my friend. You have definitely paid your dues and deserve it. I'm happy for you. And to think that it will only get better in the next couple of months.

I can picture you doing infomercials for H&W.

"That used to be me--skinny and bald and now look at me--I've got a full head of hair and lots of muscles due to my new found confidence. Oh did I mention the hot chicks that keep following me around." (camera shot of several hotties at poolside all looking at Bill.) Then the infamous getting out of water shot as you slick your hair back.....Big smile ofcourse.

Tell Jotronic to contact me as your agent if interested.

Take care buddy.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

LOL NN,

Your post gave me a good laugh...but there is certainly some truth in it. Certainly I've always been relatively confident, but having some hair back again has certainly helped give me the edge I was missing icon_wink.gif.

Sounds like a great infomercial...think I'll get on that right away icon_wink.gif. You're hired!

Talk soon my friend,

Bill

Wait Bill?

Arent you married???

oh oh !

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Just because Bills married doesn't mean that chicks don't dig him. How is it his fault that he will now have this huge animal magnetism. As long as he never acts on it he's cool.

Lets all push for Bill in an infomercial. icon_smile.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I'll second that. I can see a career forming... Arnold Billonegger stars in Harry and the Hendersons part II.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Sweeet hairy Bill!!!

Do you realize this is the first pic you smiled in!! Just shows you what 7550 can do for ya..

Hair looks really good and will thicken up BIGTIME in 5 months ..By Superbowl you can start your broadcasting career

AWESOME AWSOME.. A big difference since month 6

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Mrjb,

Thanks bro...I appreciate your feedback.

Yeah man...I have something to smile about for sure. I actually cut the sides and back of my hair with a number 2 blended to a 4 near the top of the sides for my full faceshots (taken after the outside pictures). Top is about 2 inches...maybe a little less. Still growing it out a bit.

I can't wait for it to thicken up a bit...I don't think I've worn a hat in about a month now...feels strange...but good icon_biggrin.gif

Bill

Bill-

Looking really good. Each month you can definitely see the thickening and the hairline looks awesome. You must be getting more and more excited as the time goes by.

I know I say this a ton to those that keep us updated with pics and a "diary" of their progress and how they are feeling, and I really do mean it...THANK YOU!!!

Looking great and thank you for all your posts. I love being able to read the supportive comments and the personal experiences and the research that you add.

Thanks,

eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Bill,

I'm really happy for you, my friend. The transformation has truly been awesome and your commitment to posting the updates (which is time-consuming) is tremendous!

The outside shots look great and, at 7 months, it's even going to get better. FWIW, I like the blended cut up the sides...........I do the same thing and I believe it looks better and helps to frame the face better.

You may want to have a Hat-burning party soon! You won't need them!!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

At 1 year pos op we should have a party for Bill!!!

Get him drunk and when he passes out we:

Shave his head!!! ( don't wory we will use guard 2 on the sides to hide the scar)

Hahah

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Bill, the last month has made a HUGE difference. You are well on the way to some super duper density. And remember that aside from increased density, one of the most important differences the next 4-6 months will bring is the softening of the hair, and the hairline. So whatever you see today will only improve (and it's already awesome)!

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

Damn man, I still can't believe that you were able to achieve these kinds of results judging by the before pic. People who have never seen this album probably read your posts and assume, "this guy is all about the conservative approach to hts", when in fact after just a little more thickening, it will look like you never even lost hair in the first place!

Question:

If you wanted to, would you be able to say, style the hairline down as in a caesar syle cut or spike it and push it forward at all? It looks amazing the way you have: pushed up and back would really expose any imperfections, which you clearly do not have, but I was just wondering if the hair will cooperate if you wanted to change it up or even grow it longer and part it to the side or something. Also, I know this doesn't make sense if someone gets hts in the first place, but for the sake of argument if you buzzed it down, do you think it would resemble a natural shaved head (aside from the donor scars of course)? It seems like the really great modern work like yours resembles nature enough to the point that you could buzz it all off and the transplanted stubble would look fine. I'm so tempted to shave my hairline just to see what it looks like underneath, just to see if I had to do this, could I pull it off.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website