11 month update: Dr. Hasson 10/19/2006 - 3701 Grafts

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking full.....

Looks good Bill.. Another 5 months and you are home free!! How's the scar looking.. I'm at 2 weeks and this has been the smoothest HT I've had. Ironically, this is the one where I had the most..

Here we grow!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Bill:

Not that I mind this thread being pumped...but why has it been bumped?

Did I forget to answer a question?

Bill

Don't worry about it, Bill. I think it was purple clone Bill just messin' with you. As he has your genetics, he is likely as computer savvy, signed in disguised as "John_in_NC", typed "bump" all the time displaying a sly grin knowing it would get to you. Don't let it, man. icon_cool.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

its-only-hair,

Yep, letting my hair grow longer...plan on growing it another 2 inches or so...so as you can see from the pictures...that's a lot longer than I'm wearing it now. So I am growing it out a bit...should look good.

I was taking MSM the first few months to try to jump start growth...but I have not been taking any at this point. I figure it's all up to nature now.

Bill

its-only-hair,

Yep, letting my hair grow longer...plan on growing it another 2 inches or so...so as you can see from the pictures...that's a lot longer than I'm wearing it now. So I am growing it out a bit...should look good.

I was taking MSM the first few months to try to jump start growth...but I have not been taking any at this point. I figure it's all up to nature now.

Bill

I think John_in_NC must have gotten a hold of the clone program also...it's a shame that clone program is still in beta mode! Darn programming bugs have to be worked out :P

Bill

what did I do?

6 month update:

Ok everyone...I'm still really about 4 days shy of month 6, but I thought I'd post a little early since I'm pretty close...and truthfully, the results are starting to really come out now. I still feel new growth in certain areas of my scalp especially in the crown, a few in the hairline, and some in the middle. The next few months, especially as new hair grows, thickening of the existing grafts occur, and I grow my hair longer, should really prove to be exciting. I'm happy where I am now, but I am even more excited that there is more to come.

Let me know what you all think.

Bill

Wow!

Congratulations Bill. I think you have truly come a long way in the past month. The hairline not only looks thicker, but it also seems to have 'softened' a bit appearing more natural. I know it's all just part of the process, but it really is impressive to see it 'before your eyes' (even if it is behind a computer screen!).

The '6 month Top' photo also looks especially impressive. I know you are happy now, but you are going to be very hairy and happy in a few more months!

Your updates and advice I'm sure have inspired others in addition to myself. Keep it up and here's to continued impressive growth!

PS - I've been meaning to ask: why exactly is it that the crown takes longer to grow or to show results? Is it the way the hair lies? But why do the grafts in general take longer growing? Anyway - don't mean to 'hijack' this thread, but seeing your photos got me wondering.

Must add: Love the whorl (or is that a whirl) in the crown!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Billeos, I think it looks very good, i hope you get more on the crown, the hair line looks great, very natural. I wish i went to hasson the results look great...hasson or feller seem to be the best of the best. scott

looks good Flac,

Nice to see everything is filling in uniformily. 6 months is nothing, you havea TON of growth left..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thanks for the update Bill,

Looks like things keep filling in for you. The crown is definitely slower...............I remember getting a new waive of growth there starting at 6-7 months so I'm sure you still have more to come.

Total transformation looks awesome, my friend!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the encouragement! It is nice to be happy at this point - 6 months. I am starting to be able to look in most mirrors from the front and be pretty happy. There are some occasional sunlight views with the sun behind me (mostly around 4-5pm) that makes for a slightly thinner appearance. It's amazing what light and shadow can do, hence all the hype about taking proper photos! Oh how true that all is! I'm excited about the "more to come" though for sure icon_smile.gif

M&M,

I'm honestly not sure why the crown hair tends to grow in slower...I'm just aware that it does. I'd be interested to hear doctor feedback on this question.

Bill

Bill, it all looks great so far. Of course, lets of thickening lies ahead. Yeah, a scar pic would be cool. At 10 weeks your scar was hardly noticeable. What a journey!

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

Thanks Bushy! I am starting to get more and more Bushy-like as the time goes forward icon_wink.gif. I definitely have a lot more thickening coming and I still do feel some new growth underneath in various places.

Scar pictures to come soon...

I actually had a couple people ask me if I colored my hair today...they said it looked darker. I just told them I'm growing my hair out a bit - which is true - and I was then complimented on it. Nice to see people notice a positive change icon_smile.gif

Bill

I still do feel some new growth underneath in various places.

Personally, I'd just as well you not post pics of your growth down below.

My blog.

Bill,

I am thinking of having HT with Dr. Hasson.

Since you have been through it, I would like to ask you a couple of questions.

I currently wear a hair system. How long do you think that I would have to wait after the procedure before I could put it back on, while the transplants are growing? It glues down in the front and sides. Would that mess up the grafts? I want to look the same as I do now while they are growing, so I need to know how long I need to keep it off, if you have any idea.

Also, what are the scalp excercises I could be doing?

HTrookie

LOL Bushy...no worries there mate! I certainly won't be posting pictures down there....but I can't control what my clones do :P

Bill

HTrookie,

Welcome to the forums.

Each clinic will give their own advice as to how long you should wait before re-attaching a hairpiece, but I'd say 2 months to be safe. But do ask Hasson and Wong directly on that one since I can't seem to remember. I was just looking for my post-op sheet which I'm sure stated how long to wait...but it's not at my fingertips and I'm too tired to look at the moment :P

You can find detailed information about scalp exercises here: http://www.hassonandwong.com/knowledge_base/hair_transp...laxity-exercises.php.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Each clinic will give their own advice as to how long you should wait before re-attaching a hairpiece, but I'd say 2 months to be safe.

This is probably the first piece of incorrect advice I've ever seen the legendary Bill give. icon_eek.gif

Transplanted grafts are securely set in around 3 days. Placing a hairpiece, hat or bandanna over them after that point will in no way damage them. The only potential problem would be using glue or tape over the grafts, which can 1) rip out the grafts and 2) clog the follicles and kill them. Therefore, it is safe to use a system with clips, and to secure the front with a narrow strip of tape, which would be placed just in front of the transplanted hairline.

I used a piece, and was wearing it 4 days after my surgery. Dr. Hasson had suggested I stay away from it for a week or two, but I needed to use it once on the fourth day, though only briefly. Having said that, I always tried to take it off as often as possible (in other words I'd only use it when I absolutely needed to, then used a baseball hat or just stayed home and wore nothing.

My blog.