11 month update: Dr. Hasson 10/19/2006 - 3701 Grafts

Yup, it's a good sign of general follicular activity. icon_smile.gif Can't wait for your upcoming monthly updates.

I didn't experience the pimple thing very much at all. I wonder why some people get them and some don't. Guess I got all pimpled out in my teen years.

Bill, one question: How do people respond to your short cut, which reveals the scar? I don't know how you pull that off!

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, you are a sick bastard Bill......... j/k LOL!!!!!!!!

I'm with Bushy, no pimples or anything of that nature to report, so I guess I am lucky that way as well.

I'm sure i'll get one or two, but that's about it......

Anyway, listen take a washcloth and just soak a corner in hot water and then press it on the pimple itself. Eventually all of the bad stuff will come out......... Not sure I like the idea of you squeezing precious grafts out of your noggin...!!!!!!!!

(I don't think that could happen, but you never know!!!)

Happy Growing and chin up Chewbacca!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Can't wait for your upcoming monthly updates.

You and me both my friend!

I have only had a few comments/questions about the scar. One person just asked me "what happened" when I was one week post op, and then someone else asked me (when i was shaved down to a 1 clip) about it in a polite way..."I don't mean to sound rude, but what is that scar from?" I simply just answer it was from surgery from some time ago. The two people that asked didn't press the issue. I really didn't mind the conversation...it's easy to squelch people with the word "surgery"...I imagine most people would think it has something to do with the brain or something else. I figure I'll just let them wonder. Since my hair has been a 2 clip, I haven't had any questions...but that doesn't mean the scar can't be seen...beacuse at this point, it still can be.

Thanks for asking!

Bill

Always enjoy seeing your progress Bill!! I'm sure the next couple of months will be fruitful...ah, er, hairy for you!!

I'm with you Bill...........I had the pimples and hated 'em.........'cept for the fact that it meant the new little HT guys were bustin' through.

"No pain, no gain"!!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hey Bill,

Your documented journey is very inspirational and I am sure you will be happy with the final outcome. You are over the hump at 10 weeks and should be fun in a few more weeks when those babies are "reborn"!

How do you feel about your scar? Do you plan to keep shaving at a #2 while it is still visible? Do you have any pain or sensitive areas?

What kind a laxity do you have right now or does your scalp feel tight still?

Thanks for all you do on this forum!

NoBuzz

nobuzz,

Thanks for the compliments...I'm glad I can help others with my journey and I'm just as thankful for the support.

Well, at 12 weeks, I guess my scar is ok...I actually just shaved down to a 1 clip tonight...yes that's right...a 1 clip. Scar is visible...but I'm not really concerned about it. It's easier to apply the mederma to it when my hair is buzzed down this short. Just shaved the top to a 4 clip tonight. No visible sign of growth at this point, though I can feel a few small hairs in various areas...nothing to sing about. So yes, I plan on keeping the recipient area short...probably a 2 or 3 clip when all is said and done. There are still some sensitive areas...mostly above the scar a little to the left and right. Still some numbness above the scar too...first time this happened to me, but I know it can. Regarding laxity...don't really know...there is some...but I haven't been doing anything to move my scalp up and down or anything to test it...I figure I want to wait until the 6 month mark minimum before I start checking out laxity...don't want to risk scar stretching icon_wink.gif. I'd say there is still a little tightness, but it's much better than it used to be.

irishhomer,

Thanks man. Yes, I guess I'm a bit ahead of you, but you'll be there. In fact, I HATE the 12 week mark (which is where I'm at as of tomorrow) because now the anticipation comes, the doubt starts to set in...like "will it grow?" I find myself comparing my surgeries...my 12 week this time to my 12 week the past two times. It gives me some comfort...but not much. I'm not nervous per say, but I want to get the show on the road you know? Come on hair follicles....grow grow grow!!!!

Bill

Who needs reality TV?? This shit is good. LOL. I look forward to the monthly posts by everyone and it gives me something to expect with my own future procedure.

Due to the size of the donor strip this time around for you I would expect that you might have some differences. Hopefully it will disappear soon and things begin to grow quickly.

I can imagine that it has to be starting to get pretty exciting. You'll be styling just in time for summer. How cool. When things start to thicken up I'll send you a container of hair gel to celebrate.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

WOAH DAMNN!!!

i cant beleive this post is 7 pages long!! alot of people must be showing you alot of hairy love! haha

Well i have to say at 2.5 months, from what i seen, it looks VERY promising!...imagine yourself at 6 months...or even a year...alot of stuff to be looking forward to. alot of people prolly said this but id like to remind you!

keep us posted!

*hope you remember me eventhough i only posted 2-3 times and PM'ed you twice*

Nervous,

Thanks for the reply. Almost 3 months now...I can feel some hairs underneath...more as the weeks pass...nothing visual yet though...or shall I say...very little bit. Perhaps when I take 3 month pictures I'll see something. Pictures coming by the weekend probably. Thanks for the support =). Send the container of hair gel in about 4 months icon_wink.gif.

Tisab,

Yeah man...a lot of hairy love here...lol. Thanks for the support. Yeah, I kind of wish I could fast forward to about the 6 month mark, but I'm also not one to wish my life away. So I guess I just have to learn to be patient icon_wink.gif

Bill

Hey Bill

It's filling in! I notice a difference already.. Just think, 3 more months and then you will start to have "stylable results". The hard part is over and now it's time to reap the benefits with more growth than you have ever had before!!

Do you think this will be your last ?? I hope to have my 3rd around March or so

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Mrjb,

Thanks bro. Maybe a little difference so far...but nothing big...can't wait to see what the upcoming months bring icon_wink.gif.

At the very least...this will be my last for awhile. Will I go back and get touch ups or try to add more density later down the road? As JoTronic said to me on my surgery day when I asked him if he'd ever have more: "never say never". So it's possible...but it won't be for awhile...I don't think icon_wink.gif.

Keep us posted on your upcoming surgery. I haven't seen that many postings of Dr. True's work on the boards (except mine and a few others)...so I hope you'll document month to month progress so we can see your results. He does fine work!

Bill

it is going to look great in a couple of months \Bill, how is the scar looking now? any pics? what is your current regime?

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

irish,

Scar's still looking about the same. It's not bad...but could be better. I've never had a tricho scar before, so I truthfully don't know if I should expect it to improve significantly, or only a little. But still some pinkness/redness in the scar area...I figure it will at least look better when that goes away.

No new pictures of the scar yet...I'll take some at some point.

My only regime is:

1. Finasteride 1mg daily

2. Aloe on the recipient area as needed to combat itchiness (new hairs growing in get itchy :P)

3. Mederma or Aloe on the Scar area (used to be twice daily, but I've cut back)

Bill

cheers Bill, i'm very impressed with my scar this time around, redness is going fast and it's not raised at all, just a little itchey and the shochloss below the scar makes it look worse then it really is. Started the Mederma yesterday. happy growing.

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Bill,

3 months - wow wish I were there! Your hairline looks awesome and it looks like you are getting some action there. Does the crown go in slower, I think I read that somewhere?

You top is blending in very nicely with the sides which will really give you a natural look. Your sides are very thick looking which sometimes give the top a thinner look than they actually are (if that makes sense??).

Well you are over the hump I would say and you are coming out of the telogen abyss!

Looking good brother!

NoBuzz

Just give it time. I got the feeling that when all is said and done you'll be up there as one of the top 5. Just knowing that there are that many more little f@*^ers getting ready to sprout is going to make one hell of a difference. Especially given that it looks like you have fairly healthy thick hair shafts.

Now I would have to personally classify your hairline as essentially flawless (at least in the lighting for pics anyways) but that obviously was performed by other docs. Which would you give credit to? or was it pretty much a joint effort? Has anyone ever asked you if you had a HT other than if they saw the scar which you don't seem to hide?

Do you ever recommend people that need 2+ surgeries to maybe get hairline done by doc A and crown work done by doc B? Get what I'm asking? Lets face it they all have their specialties and I know that certain docs are on the top of their game but are they truly best at hairlines, # of Fu, closures, technical skills, artistry, etc?

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Irish,

Glad to hear you are pleased with your scar this time around. My scar is only raised slightly on the left side at this point...hope that will change with time. Nothing noticable visually, however.

Nobuzz,

Thanks for the compliments bro. 3 months is only the beginning...you'll be there soon enough...this is where the anxiety starts...wondering how much more growth is going to come in the next day. Of course, Spex post the other day was priceless about patience...because no matter how many times one has been through it, it's hard to keep the long term in persepctive...we get greedy and want growth NOW!

Yes, the crown can grow slower in many patients...wonder if that will be my case with this surgery.

Yeah, my sides are very thick...even look thick when shaved down to a 1 clip...which is one reason I like to keep them short...gives the appearance of more thickness/fullness in the recipient area icon_wink.gif

Nervous,

Yep, time is all I have icon_wink.gif. Wow, top 5 eh? I don't know if I will meet that criteria or not...but my surgery does look promising...so patience is what I need.

Thanks for the compliment about my hairline...I'm pretty pleased with it too...of course, the third revision hasn't grown in yet...but I'm sure it will look even better. I suppose I can only attribute my "flawless" hairline to all 3 docs...each brought their own flavor into it and did a good job. The foundation was set from the first two docs. Dr. Katz drew me a more conservative hairline...I liked it. Dr. True asked if I wanted to bring it down a little, which I agree on the sides of the hairline, that just a hair down would be nice, so he reshaped it, and I thought it helped frame my face more. Dr. Hasson didn't reshape it, however worked to perfect it. I'll be able to tell in the next 4-8 months or so how it comes in icon_wink.gif.

I've had a few questions about the scar. I just say surgery and leave it general...most people don't ask questions about it after that icon_wink.gif. Once my hair grows in fully, I'll probably keep the sides and back a little longer to conceal the scar.

I understand what you are saying about different doctors having different skills, however, no, I have never recommended one go to one doc for the crown and another for the hairline. The docs I typically recommend in the elite group have proven themselves (in my opinion) to be masters in all of the above from hairline to crown.

Bill

Originally posted by Bill:

Irish,

Thanks for the compliment about my hairline...I'm pretty pleased with it too...of course, the third revision hasn't grown in yet...but I'm sure it will look even better. I suppose I can only attribute my "flawless" hairline to all 3 docs...each brought their own flavor into it and did a good job. The foundation was set from the first two docs. Dr. Katz drew me a more conservative hairline...I liked it. Dr. True asked if I wanted to bring it down a little, which I agree on the sides of the hairline, that just a hair down would be nice, so he reshaped it, and I thought it helped frame my face more. Dr. Hasson didn't reshape it, however worked to perfect it. I'll be able to tell in the next 4-8 months or so how it comes in icon_wink.gif.

Bill, Nervous, I know there are advocates for smaller conservative and larger mega sessions. You could look at your 3 surgeries as a positive way to perfect the hairline. Each time one grows in you get the actual result and can touch up next session. If you were to say, I want to do this once in a mega session you may end up a hairline not to your satifaction and with no way to touch up. You never know how it will turn out till it is all grown out.

It is probably always good to keep some soldiers in reserve just in case. Small sessions have thier place, particularly in hairline work. If you were going for density/max coverage in the top or crown, mega session sounds good as long as your donor and laxity allows.

Bill, you are very fortunate to have doctors who were very ethical in thier approach and each has contributed to a transforming great dome icon_wink.gif!

NoBuzz

Bill, I would think after about 18 months or so, if we stood you next to others who had 6000+ grafts in 1 session your results would be superior in every way.

You and I will end up representing those who feel at least 2 surgeries are needed for most patients. For you who have had 3, and for myself who will have 3 before I am done, I think the constant refinement and revisitation to the same areas by superior Docs will result in a better end product.

When I went in for HT #1, my main concern was location of the hairline and then just session size. For #2, I had SPECIFIC areas to target, with SPECIFIC targets for densitys in each area, and which areas I would like to add and which areas I felt were fine.

An example of this would be the guy who says he wants density of 75 fu's cm/2, when he really has no idea if 45-55 fu's in the same area will make him happy. If the guy just gets 75, he will never have a chance to make that decision.

I have had what amounts to 2 fairly large sessions, and I STILL have areas of need. Regardless of my what my next session yields, say 1800-2000 grafts, that will give me 8500-8700 grafts. I will still have a thinner crown than I want, BUT, I will look years younger and know that I maximized EVERY available graft possible.

When we come right down to it, that is what every one of us is looking for, right?

Your going to be in the top 5 Bill, wait and see buddy!!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hey Bill

Yeah, Dr. True is a low key guy which is what I like about him.. Many professionals ( and celebs from what i haveheard) go to him so you don't see many postings on here.. I have had 2 great experiences with him so I'm sticking with him.. i'm looking to get maybe 2000 and I'll be pretty damn good as I'll be filling in the crown and mid area.. i'm looking at March or so... That would bring me to about 4950 or so and i was a N4 ..

I'll keep ya posted bro

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi Bill, here is where the fun begins. You are going to have an awesome looking head of hair in the next few months.

You are a real help to a lot of newbies on here with some top notch advice and great documentation of your own ht.

Good luck brother.

Bill:

Looking good. You really have to go back to your Pre-Ht to fully appreciate the change...and remember there's plenty more to come. Congrats.

FYI: My dermatologist prescribed Evoclin (a foam antibiotic) that I rub onto my scalp after a shower. (Got dr's ok before using)

It cleared up all the pimples and helped with my in-grown hairs as well.

I'll be posting my 4 month pics shortly...still have a long way to go..but it is exciting to see a hairline emerging....where there was none!!.

Glock08

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs