11 month update: Dr. Hasson 10/19/2006 - 3701 Grafts

NW,

Great to see you back, even if for a single post. For those that weren't around way back then, NW was one of the guys here that helped me with my decision to go see H&W. Yes, Mike Ferko is still in Seattle and doing great things to help our balding Northwest brethren.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks sweet Bill

You are on your way and past the hard point.. Just think!!!

That could be your last HT!!!

The wait is over

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Nah jb, Bill is transplanting his pubes after this one grows out!

LOL J/K!!!

Anyway, Joe is right, NW was a big help to many in back in the "good old days" .........

I hope he can find some time to chime in a bit more!

Later Guys!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks Mrjb, It is good to see activity happening...but it's definitely going slow compared to the last 2 times. BUT, good things come to those who wait right?

LOL B...nah...if I was going to do BHT, I think I'd go for the chest...a lot of hair there I could use! I don't see BHT in my future though...EVER :P

Bill

Bill-

Sounds/looks like things are getting interesting!! I'm betting the next 2 months prove very eventful for you.............hopefully your little Bill-clones will have the same success!!

Glad to hear you plan on growing it out a little at some point...........I think HT hair needs to at least be grown between 1"-2" for a nice appearance of density.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hairbank,

Ah...now if I could only clone my grafts and not just myself to post on multiple threads at once icon_wink.gif. Then I'd have a REALLY thick head of hair.

I agree...I think the hair has to be longer to appear more dense. My main reason for keeping it short was so the little hairs growing in could easily catch up. Of course, since it's a slow process, it doesn't seem worth keeping it too short for a long time. So I've decided to grow it on the top to at least an inch and the sides to a 3 or 4 clip. I'll probalby keep it like that for several months and see how things progress icon_wink.gif

Bill

Looks like your right on track Bill! I've been following your progress so I can compare your results with mine considering we got ours roughly at the same time icon_wink.gif I got a nice "pop" of growth between months 3 and 4 but things seem to have slown down a bit..guess we all must be patient..it sure is tough though

Orion,

Thanks for the post my friend. I just looked at your blog too...yep, looks like we are in a similar place...always encouraging to go through this with someone at the same time. Though admittedly, it can be discouraging for someone if one person is experiencing earlier growth than the other...good thing we are both educated and know that hairs grow at different rates for different people icon_wink.gif. Glad to see you are progressing nicely! Much more to come for both of us!

Bill

another month or two and you will be fine, no sign of HT as the hair will grow enough IMO. Maybe the new crown grafts will take longer but the old one will fill in while the rest grows. Happy days are here again....just let your grow now and you'll be fine.

Thanks John,

I appreciate the encouragement and support! some lights my hair looks great...top view looks pretty thin still...but I'm sure a lot of that has to do with my hair being so short and my ultra-thick sides. I'm going to grow the hair a bit and see how it looks.

Also, I feel some itching starting again in the recipient area...typically means more growth to come. 4.5 months is still early! Will kee you all posted.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

5 month update:

Some new growth...coming in slowly. I have grown my hair a little bit too...still very short...in the process of growing it. The difference between the 4 month and 5 month pictures can be attributed to two things:

1. new growth

2. Feathering effect of slightly longer hair

The feathering effect, however, will look much better once it grows longer considering my hair is still relatively spikey!

Comments welcome.

Bill

Bill,

Looking great - particularly the crown for month 3 vs 5! Should fill in nicely, you have a lot more growing to do!

How is your scar area? When did see the first sprouts? I am 9.5 weeks and believe I am seeing the very beginnings of a few sprouts. Hoping I am an early bloomer!

NoBuzz

Bill:

Your showing great progress...the layering effect is starting to become much more noticeable...your crown swirl is excellent & the density will continue to improve...it looks great my friend...looking forward to next month's update!!

Mike

I want a HAIR count, a hair shaft diameter, and a picture taken under a 120 W light in a room at exactly 72 degrees. icon_smile.gif

Looks great! You are officially in the normal looking stage now. 99% of people might see some thinning but that's about it; no signs of HT in my opinion. In a month or two, the thinning will disappear as well so you should be thrilled.

There is definitely a difference with the current photos. Things are coming along great. Won't be long.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Bill-

Just had time to see the updates....................really, really coming along. I took time to take a look through all of your befores..........man, you've come a long way, braddah! I really think it's going to look great when it's fully grown in. Your hair still isn't that long on top and coverage looks good. Excited for you, my man!!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks for your encouragement guys!

nobuzz,

Yeah, the crown is coming along nicely. Hang in there buddy...9.5 weeks is early. You may experience a few hairs around that time, but don't expect too much at that time. As you know, it's a gradual process.

Mike,

Thanks buddy. The layering effect is starting to help a little bit...hair still very spikey at this point. That will change soon.

John,

LOL buddy. You're funny! Yeah, I'm looking normal again...still a long way to go, but I'm getting there. I can't wait until my hair grows out a bit.

NN,

Thanks man....it's good to see a difference month to month.

Hairbank,

Thanks bro! Things are coming along nicely and can't wait for things to continue to improve!

Bill

Thanks for the update Bill, I have been following your progress & you are looking good for only 5 months!

Can't wait to see it grown out.

Your a good guy & deserve to have a great head of hair!

Bill,

I was reading some of the comments on my phone and was anxious to get to a computer and actually see the new photos. Now having seen them, there really is a difference at Month 5 vs. 4. You are in the home stretch now - past the awkward first couple of months and now just happy growth to look forward to.

Thanks for being so diligent with your updates and here's to continued strong growth! It's going to look fantastic afterwards!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

follica,

Thanks man! I appreciate the encouragement. 5 months is still early so I look forward to more growth.

M&M,

Glad you could see the pictures. Indeed there is a difference. Can't wait for a few more months...hair will be longer and new growth will come in, not to mention the thickening of the existing hair. Good stuff.

Thanks guys!

Bill

I think the best part about Bill's pics is Mrs. Bill....... LOL!!!!!!

Anyway, Dude your looking great and I can't wait for you sit back and simply say......"I am done!" and look great!!!!!!!

Peace Out Bro'

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 2 weeks later...