11 month update: Dr. Hasson 10/19/2006 - 3701 Grafts

5k would get you about 1000 grafts or so

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bill,

A nice haircut can play a big role in how you perceive your results...and with the growth from month 6 to 7 COUPLED with the haircut, you're looking good!

-Mike

Thanks guys,

I reserve final judgement until 12-14 months post op...but I'm pretty happy so far.

I'm not concerned at this point about the harder looking hairline...it still looks natural, however, I know that the softening phase is yet to come (as Mrjb pointed out).

I'm glad my detailed journey has helped many...this was definitely one of my goals. And my brothers...you being here for me to support me through this was a blessing! Thank you also!

Bill

I reserve final judgement until 12-14 months post op...but I'm pretty happy so far.
Good thinking, Bill. You seem to have coarser hair, just as I do. And it may take some time to soften up. Perhaps my own attached comparison will foretell the kind of softening you have yet to experience.

2411074913_hlcomp.jpg

hlcomp.jpg.fa34e9709b23a131176ba3dfb91c7832.jpg

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

I noticed your donor incision is temple to temple for the last session. Do you know the length of the strip? Surely it is well longer than 30 cm, yes? Sorry if you addressed this already, but we are working on a mighty long thread here icon_smile.gif

Thanx Bill!

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

No need to place a tape measure on your dome for me icon_smile.gif Just wondering if you knew. There is great potential to get some bonus grafts by passing over the ears toward the temples on a strip excision. On the other hand, one of the downsides to such an approach is that the donor density and hair quality in this area tends to drop of a bit. Like anything, it is a balance act. In your case, as we see at 7 months, it paid off beautifully.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hi THC

Quick question.. How does the length of the strip affect the hair quality? Obviously I can see why it would affect density in the area

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hello all,

Uploaded a few photos of me and my wife, and some family members at a recent wedding. I also added a picture of my uncle's head. He is a full NW6 and my hair loss pattern modeled after his rather than my dads who is closer to a NW4. My dad, however, does use minoxodil and it seems to work for him at least for the crown area..

Mrjb,

I think he's referring to the hair quality in the donor area rather than the recipient. Hair quality is not affected in the recipient area UNLESS the hair being taken are thinner finer hairs (which could happen around the temples). The hair that was taken near my temples, in my case, was very thick, so there will be no impact on quality.

Bill

Bill,

Tried to look at new updated photos but with new format didn't have the time to locate. Not sure that this is ideal when there are as many photos as yours. Is there a way to skip to the last few or do you have to go thru them 1 at a time? I have a super fast new computer but the load time wasn't worth it unless I was doing something wrong???

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

NN, you can skip through the photos by just clicking on the one's you want to see.

Bill, those wedding pics are the big payoff! It really looks great /natural when you are dressed up.

To be able to go to an event like that with a full hairline must be like a dream . Even the outside pics look good!

Congrats bro!

Folica,

I got that part but for some reason out of the 89 photos could not get access to all of them. The scrolling feature wasn't cooperating or something. Not sure this new format works well for this many pictures. Hmmmm... Yes I am a computer idiot however.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

NN, I found that when I click a photo, it takes me to that place in the slide show. Sounds like something is not working for you.

Yeah, I am no wizz when it comes to computers either.

Do try & look at Bill's pic's at the wedding, very impressive!

Folica/Bill,

Got it working. For whatever reason it didn't want to scroll for me before.

Bill--Did your uncle know that he was posing for HTN?? The example of what you don't want to look like as you age. Kidding ofcourse. LOL.

NN

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I have also found that this photo program is a memory hog on my computer...especially for my photos since there are so many. Task manager doesn't show resources are being used, but it kills my computer performance anyway. My computer is about 4 years old but otherwise acts ok.

LOL NN...I didn't put my uncle's face in the picture on purpose. But my hair would look just like his already...supposedly he had that level of loss since he was about 23, a bit earlier than I did.

Yes, these pictures are clearly the payoff icon_smile.gif

Bill

Mrjb,

Hair characteristics are not consistent in the donor area. In the "sweet spot" of the donor region one might have high hair density, high follicular density, and good hair shaft diameter. Donor density tends to progressively diminish within the safe zone as you go toward the temple area. For some this phenomenon is pronounced enough that it may not be worth creating a long incision. In the Bill's case the longer strip harvest seems like a good choice given his acceptable donor hair quality.

Bill,

The wedding pic is the payoff............you really look great. The appearance of no loss which is what we're all after, if possible. Congrats to you, my friend!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Bill,

Congratulations on the wedding photos! You must feel very good when you take a look at how far you have progressed. I'd have to assume that someone or several people made some comments as they noticed 'something was different' about you...

PS - I'm having problems with the new photo system also. They are no longer in order of the dates you published them and it certainly does consume a lot of resources. Pat - can anything be done about this?

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Bill,

Great pic. Something we all strive for - a full head of hair when someone points and clicks.

Smokin' tie! Very stylish!

Is it a coincidence that you are posting this picture and Hairbank is strutting HT #3? This is a conspiracy that is causing a serious surge of HAIRGREED! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Bayer

Bill,

Lookin sharp at the wedding! Im sure many of your relatives commented how good you looked but couldn't pinpoint why icon_smile.gif Sometimes when people haven't seen you for a long time they can't remember whether if you had hair or was thinning. Im hoping that I look half as sharp as you for my own wedding on Oct. 27th!

HAIRFREE

DR. RAHAL - 4/4/07

3489 grafts - 7571 hairs

455 single hairs

1986 double hairs

1048 three hairs

Thanks for the compliments guys! Many people did notice something different about me...however, my dad noticed straight away. He first saw me from the back and noticed the my bald spot wasn't so bald anymore. He then asked me if I had something done...in which I pulled him aside later and told him what I did. He agrees that it looks very good.

M&M,

Regarding the Flash pictures. I just got word from Pat that pictures are being uploaded through a third party site, and since they changed their format, it changed it here as well. He will look more into the issue when he comes back.

Bayer,

LOL...

I hope my head of hair inspires others...but even I have hair greed. I'm sure one day I will go back for a 4th...but it won't be for some time. Other things to pay for you know? Life must go on icon_wink.gif.

Bill

Looking good buddy..

Can't wait for the new photo's!!

I'm at 2 plus months post op Life is good

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!