Everything You Need To Know About Topical Dutasteride

Melvin- Admin

13 hours ago, Hairlossresearcherexpert said:

Topical dut doesn’t work I was in a discord server for 2 years we tried every formulation every single topical dut literally took blood tests and everything. Nobody had results and it failed badly I’m sorry for everyone falling into the xyon topical dut scam they don’t even have proper double blind studies . The best topical dut solution was gonna be from a company called moogene medi or hutera which has a patent https://www.hairlosscure2020.com/category/moogene-medi/

How come it worked for me?

Maybe I am a super responder, I documented my entire journey with it and how my hair went to hell after discontinuing it.

I have also seen quite a few cases with bad side effects and crown recovery with Topical Dutasteride.

It definitely works, it just doesn't work for everyone.

Using it: OnTD.thumb.webp.b6d385434ab2305fb2f127c17b22c492.webp

Off it 1 year: 

OFFTD.thumb.webp.4add5aa52e61a5262b70a4d97fdeed44.webp

Different hair lengths but still, you get the picture.

Edited by mustang

4 hours ago, mustang said:

How come it worked for me?

Maybe I am a super responder, I documented my entire journey with it and how my hair went to hell after discontinuing it.

I have also seen quite a few cases with bad side effects and crown recovery with Topical Dutasteride.

It definitely works, it just doesn't work for everyone.

Using it: OnTD.thumb.webp.b6d385434ab2305fb2f127c17b22c492.webp

Off it 1 year: 

OFFTD.thumb.webp.4add5aa52e61a5262b70a4d97fdeed44.webp

Different hair lengths but still, you get the picture.

You have had like 10 or more surgeries right? How many grafts did you have planted? TBH I'm shocked that your hair would look like this even after so many grafts... Maybe post some with similar length to compare apples to apples?

Edited by GoliGoliGoli

• Administrators

This guy joins the forum specifically to post here, and he’s already asserted himself as an expert 🙄 obviously everyone is free to do whatever they want. But this is clearly, either a duplicate account, or a previously banned one. Anytime a new poster joins specifically for one thread and asserts themselves as an authority figure, you have to question the authenticity. 

Regardless, medication is a personal choice, taking it is personal. I believe there are more than enough anecdotal accounts here to show that it does work. In fact, some guy showed his systemic DHT levels were dramatically lowered, so it really depends on the individual. It does go systemic without a doubt, but in my experience lower than oral meds. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Hairlossresearcherexpert said:

Well I think You are lying to us all then I’ve seen you a lot in other forums and people have told me about you how you made them try topical dut and it didn’t work for them. There’s literally no actual proof topical dut works no scalp biopsy showing reduction in scalp dht but you have had a bunch of transplants.

I used very low dose topical dut (+ dermarolling) for like 2 months and my temples definitely got thicker. Dr Mwamba saw the reuslts in person too.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hairlossresearcherexpert said:

Topical dut doesn’t work I was in a discord server for 2 years we tried every formulation every single topical dut literally took blood tests and everything. Nobody had results and it failed badly I’m sorry for everyone falling into the xyon topical dut scam they don’t even have proper double blind studies . The best topical dut solution was gonna be from a company called moogene medi or hutera which has a patent https://www.hairlosscure2020.com/category/moogene-medi/

so topical dut doesn't work, but it works for moogene medi?

shill.

@Melvin- Moderator Here is a link to a  study where it mentions the different delivery vehicles and how long products would need to be left on topically for maximum effect.  The liposomal formulas were ranked 3rd (out of 4) in regards to how long the product would need to be left on the head for maximum efficacy.  https://perfecthairhealth.com/how-to-apply-topical-finasteride-for-maximum-absorption/.  Having said that, I'm not applying any topicals yet and you and others seem to be getting good results so possibly only getting a small % of the product absorption is best for some individuals.  I'm still learning from you and others who contribute to these posts hoping to find something that works for me.  

I'd heard plenty of success stories with topical dut including my own.  

Many failed attempts I've notice are using formulas they've made themselves and lord knows if what they're using is real Dutasteride let alone a proper carrier system

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BurnieBurns said:

Could you provide some details on your protocol? frequency?, product used?, side effects?,  level of improvement? and most importantly photos of your progress.

I hear references to multiple success stories but not much to support the claims.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hairlossresearcherexpert said:

Mustang has literally been known as a sales man for topical dutasteride on every forum he makes money off people who are desperate it’s genuinely sad to see Melvin support him

Yes, I am paid by Topical Dutasteride. Farmactia Paratti, Andorrran Pharmacy, Dr Mwamba, all of them.

That's why I discontinued using it. They stopped paying me. All of them at the same time.

Edited by mustang

12 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

Many failed attempts I've notice are using formulas they've made themselves and lord knows if what they're using is real Dutasteride let alone a proper carrier system

Very true

Most people who tried Topical Dutasteride either bought Minoxidil Max which is EXTREMELY low quality Dutasteride. I have purchased from the same source and it looks completely different to the pharma grade one or made them themselves from gel capsules with poor vehicles. 

I know that there are hundreds of guys still using Paratti's Dutasteride after 3 years, it obviously works for them. I used to speak with Francesca and she told me she had a lot of orders for it.

23 hours ago, jim1973 said:

@Melvin- Moderator Here is a link to a  study where it mentions the different delivery vehicles and how long products would need to be left on topically for maximum effect.  The liposomal formulas were ranked 3rd (out of 4) in regards to how long the product would need to be left on the head for maximum efficacy.  https://perfecthairhealth.com/how-to-apply-topical-finasteride-for-maximum-absorption/.  Having said that, I'm not applying any topicals yet and you and others seem to be getting good results so possibly only getting a small % of the product absorption is best for some individuals.  I'm still learning from you and others who contribute to these posts hoping to find something that works for me.  

Yes, this study is very interesting and backups many things.

Trichosol absorbs less than Liposomes. This allows you to use a lower concentration with Liposomes.

If I ever hop on Topical Dutasteride again I am staying at 0.05% max, maybe even 0.02%. 2ML

For Topical Fin definitely 0.01% every other day (2ml).

Edited by mustang

• Administrators
18 hours ago, jim1973 said:

I can’t take this guy seriously, he promotes “blood flow” and scalp massages. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I can’t take this guy seriously, he promotes “blood flow” and scalp massages. 

I agree that blood flow and scalp massages aren't going to make as big of a difference as hoping on an anti-androgen, but I don't agree that it's correct to outright dismiss the potential benefit of these things either. 

After all, Minoxidil is thought to work by bringing more blood flow to the scalp. Keto shampoo is thought to work by reducing inflammation in the scalp. So it's perfectly reasonable to deduce that scalp massages could improve blood flow and reduce inflammation in that area and thereby be of benefit. 

There is a lot we don't know about hair loss. I don't think it's as straightforward as "Some people's hair follicles have a genetic affinity for DHT and this and this alone causes hair loss" (Not that you are saying that necesarilly). No one has really been able to explain why DHT works to grow hair follicles in literally every other area of the body whereas on the scalp it has the opposite effect. People just kind of theorize that there is some gene in the hair follicle that interacts with DHT to cause hair loss - but it's not like this gene has been identified. I do think DHT is the main culprit in hair loss but we should be open minded about different modalities for combatting it. 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli

Something to add about the topical Dut/Dalton/molecular weight discussion: The scalp is known to be an extremely good area for topical absorptionof any chemical due to the high amount of hair follicles. The follicle basically acts as a channel to carry substances applied to the epidermis into the dermis and then into the blood supply. 

So who knows, maybe despite the higher molecular weight of Dut, the fact that it's being applied to the scalp allows it to have some effect whereas if it was applied to say the foot it wouldn't absorb at all. The hair follicle "opening" might also allow for absorption of higher molecular weight substances. 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli

Well, it's a fact that duta does not work in every case. However, it does work in 9 cases out of 10. Where duta does not work, there could be multiple possibilities of its failure.   

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan 

Oh, the irony of the thread title 'Everything You Need To Know About Topical Dutasteride'.

No one has a clue. Apart from a few anecdotal cases, the results are non-existent/unsubstantiated. To fill the gaping void in empirical data, we have all the marketing B.S. about 'vehicles' and % of active ingredients. These companies are selling a product and need you to buy into their storyline/USP. Don't get suckered in and lose sight of the real reason you use a product, RESULTS.

Start with the results (if you can find any) and work back. Only if there is a pattern of success, you may indulge in theories on why it works. Everything else is just hot air filling up bandwidth.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Hairlossresearcherexpert said:

Mustang is a shill literally he’s known in the community as a scammer 

182E7B3B-F15C-4275-846C-421BDFC15DEF.jpeg

Do you have anything positive to say or progress to share with us or did you just create an account to attack me or anyone who has had success with Topical Dutasteride?

10 hours ago, mustang said:

Yes, this study is very interesting and backups many things.

Trichosol absorbs less than Liposomes. This allows you to use a lower concentration with Liposomes.

If I ever hop on Topical Dutasteride again I am staying at 0.05% max, maybe even 0.02%. 2ML

For Topical Fin definitely 0.01% every other day (2ml).

@mustang Most of the formulations by the national companies (Hims, Keeps, Happy Head, Strut, etc. all seem to have formulations of .25% or .3% (of both Dut and Fin).  Your suggestion of only wanting to use .05, .02 Dut or .01 of Fin is more in line with some of the studies I've read but if those are the proper doses, any idea why these big companies offer these doses?  To get the doses you suggest, it seems like you'd need to have a formula compounded locally for you (unless you know of a company who already offers these lower doses?)

19 minutes ago, jim1973 said:

@mustang Most of the formulations by the national companies (Hims, Keeps, Happy Head, Strut, etc. all seem to have formulations of .25% or .3% (of both Dut and Fin).  Your suggestion of only wanting to use .05, .02 Dut or .01 of Fin is more in line with some of the studies I've read but if those are the proper doses, any idea why these big companies offer these doses?  To get the doses you suggest, it seems like you'd need to have a formula compounded locally for you (unless you know of a company who already offers these lower doses?)

Any pharmacy will compound it for you to your desired strength with a medical prescription. 

Both Paratti and the Andorran pharmacy make it to your specs but both based in Europe.

To be honest I have no idea on why they go so high on the concentration. Might as well take the pill but I am no expert. This is a good question to email them.

On 7/12/2023 at 12:46 AM, jim1973 said:

That was my biggest concern from this product....no sides, but also little to no efficacy.  

Perhaps its because it takes 9 months to work? Thoughts? I can't imagine HW would push a product that doesn't work. 

I'm not promoting the product, as I've dropped over $1K on three bottles of top dut with no results yet.  Today marks exactly full 6 months of use. I will use the product until this last bottle lasts. After that if no results, I will drop it. 

• Like 1

Hairloss began at age 23. 

Oral Finasteride 1mg daily since 2006, Topical Minoxidil since 2012. Hair transplant 3,400 grafts 2019. Second hair transplant 2,400 grafts in 2023.