Everything You Need To Know About Topical Dutasteride

Melvin- Admin

7 hours ago, Grouse said:

I may have asked this before, but have you found a reliable way to counteract this? I imagine RU and CB would maybe do the trick, curious if anything else has been successful from your experiences

Alfa-Estradiol would be my first line of choice. So Finasteride with Alfa-Estradiol topically. 

CB would by my second choice

RU would be my last. I would personally never touch it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mustang said:

Alfa-Estradiol would be my first line of choice. So Finasteride with Alfa-Estradiol topically. 

CB would by my second choice

RU would be my last. I would personally never touch it.

Thanks Mustang! Do you prefer topical fin now over dut? 

Haven't heard of Alfa-Estradiol, will look into it. 

8 hours ago, Grouse said:

Thanks Mustang! Do you prefer topical fin now over dut? 

Haven't heard of Alfa-Estradiol, will look into it. 

I’m trying a natural treatment and it’s working for me but I am not the median guy, I have a lot of transplanted hair and just wanted to thicken up whatever I had left 

Not the best guy to ask to be honest 

If I go back on TRT I would probably do Finasteride topically 0.01% EOD with 17a-estradiol and Topical Dutasteride once a week or Microneedling Dutasteride once a week 

On 8/21/2023 at 9:08 AM, mustang said:

The more DHT you blocks the higher the Free T will be. 5AR inhibitors are far more effective on the crown and vertex than on the hairline.

I’ve seen it happen dozens of times now on people switching from Finasteride to Dutasteride making their frontal hair loss progress rapidly.

I believe (and this is just a theory and anecdotal) that the hairline and temples are more prone to free testosterone than to DHT or maybe just as prone. 

This is obvious on people taking testosterone having almost 0 DHT with Dutasteride and losing ground rapidly. 

This is exactly my concern.  I switched from oral Fin (after many years) to oral Dut once I felt Fin was no longer holding ground for me.  Unfortunately, I'm still no longer holding and losing more on Dut than I did on Fin.  I'm wondering if my workouts are causing my testosterone to rise and cause more scalp T than in the rest of my body.