Everything You Need To Know About Topical Dutasteride

Melvin- Admin

1 hour ago, FinallyHT said:

Perhaps its because it takes 9 months to work? Thoughts? I can't imagine HW would push a product that doesn't work. 

I'm not promoting the product, as I've dropped over $1K on three bottles of top dut with no results yet.  Today marks exactly full 6 months of use. I will use the product until this last bottle lasts. After that if no results, I will drop it. 

If you don't mind, please keep us posted and I'll do the same with my products.  I'm currently on 5mg of oral minoxidil daily and .5mg of oral dutasteride daily and am still losing ground.  I feel that these oral products don't work for me so really considering taking topicals soon.  (I started on lower does of each almost 1 year ago but have been migrating up to these doses since and have been on these doses for 4 months - no results).  

I used Topical Dutasteride and Dutasteride Mesotherapy for a year after my HT with Mwamba and my crown was looking much better. I stopped using it anout 6 months ago and it has thinned considerably to the point I am not stopping it again. I can't say weather it was the Mesotherapy DUT or the Topical DUT for certain but they are essentially the same bottle, one just has a lower concentration to dermaroll it. Perhaps it's more effective this way but it has worked for me. Hope this helps 

6 hours ago, FinallyHT said:

Perhaps its because it takes 9 months to work? Thoughts? I can't imagine HW would push a product that doesn't work. 

I'm not promoting the product, as I've dropped over $1K on three bottles of top dut with no results yet.  Today marks exactly full 6 months of use. I will use the product until this last bottle lasts. After that if no results, I will drop it. 

Have you lost hair in that time? If not then that there is a result 

8 hours ago, FinallyHT said:

1k??

Who is charging you 175 USD per bottle a month?

Damn, and I thought 70 EUR for a 2 month supply was expensive already 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jim1973 said:

If you don't mind, please keep us posted and I'll do the same with my products.  I'm currently on 5mg of oral minoxidil daily and .5mg of oral dutasteride daily and am still losing ground.  I feel that these oral products don't work for me so really considering taking topicals soon.  (I started on lower does of each almost 1 year ago but have been migrating up to these doses since and have been on these doses for 4 months - no results).  

I'm sorry to tell you that if oral dutasteride has not worked for you then topical will not work for you either.

Sometimes Finasteride (orally) works better than Dutasteride as it reduces too much DHT therefor spiking your scalp free testosterone and your follicles are sensitivity to other androgens as well. If you are crushing your DHT and still losing ground. Finasteride spikes it less so hence it works better for some over Dutasteride.

Adding an androgen blocker to your regimen such as Pryilutamide or CB0301 has worked for many, specially on the hairline as Dutasteride, Finasteride and other 5AR's are more effective on the vertex and crown. I wouldn't touch RU58841 if my life depended on it. Flutamide and CB0301 are both FDA approved.

You can also look into dermarolling Dutasteride Mesotherapy once a week. Also very effective but again, not on the hairline.

Edited by mustang
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, FinallyHT said:

I can't imagine HW would push a product that doesn't work. 

It's all business baby!

How many reputable HT clinics offer a course of PRP costing thousands with no proven benefit?

What is interesting when you read the small print with XYON they state:

XYON is not a healthcare providernor does it practice medicine or pharmacy.

Talk about washing your hands of accountability.

So what is XYON?

XYON facilitates telehealth appointments (“Telehealth Services”) between Customers and independent healthcare providers who may be able to provide treatment to Customers (“Telehealth Providers”).

And if there was any doubt in your mind on accountability and quality control, they double down on their legal status:

All Telehealth Providers and Pharmacy Providers are third party service providers. XYON does not control, supervise or interfere with the practices of such third parties.

Pays your money you take your choice ...

And if you want further evidence, it's all marketing hogwash, then click on their 'amazing' results advert.

It states:

Real Patients. Undeniable Results
Witness the incredible patient outcomes.

Fantastic, you've got my attention! Now show me the evidence.

Sadly none of the examples provides a documented journey. Imagine if the HRN's 'Hair Transplant Reviews' were so pitiful rather than the detailed journeys we all appreciate. If an individual simply put up a before and after picture on the forum promoting a clinic/doctor they would rightly be called out.

If regular joes can do such a good then we should ask the question why can't companies charging $$$ for their product do the same? What are they hiding?

• Administrators

@Hairlossresearcherexpert

Clearly, you’re trolling here 👋🏼 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, NikosHair said:

It's all business baby!

How many reputable HT clinics offer a course of PRP costing thousands with no proven benefit?

What is interesting when you read the small print with XYON they state:

XYON is not a healthcare providernor does it practice medicine or pharmacy.

Talk about washing your hands of accountability.

So what is XYON?

XYON facilitates telehealth appointments (“Telehealth Services”) between Customers and independent healthcare providers who may be able to provide treatment to Customers (“Telehealth Providers”).

And if there was any doubt in your mind on accountability and quality control, they double down on their legal status:

All Telehealth Providers and Pharmacy Providers are third party service providers. XYON does not control, supervise or interfere with the practices of such third parties.

Pays your money you take your choice ...

Actually, PRP does work... if done correctly and to the correct person. Most clinics inject PPP together with the PRP and this is were things go wrong. PRP is extremely expensive, each pipet is like 100-200 dollars and you need at least 3 of them to get pure PRP for a Norwood 4-5. So just in cost of tools it's 600 dollars to 800 dollars. Plus the room, Dr's Fees, it's get quite ridiculous. Now if you have scaring o traction alopecia or are a diffuse thinner with stable hair loss on medication it will definitely have a cosmetic outcome, again, if performed correctly which almost nobody does.

It won't do anything if your are receding on your hairline. That's granted.

Edited by mustang

10 minutes ago, mustang said:

Actually, PRP does work... if done correctly and to the correct person.

You heard it heard first ... anyone interested in finding a clinic that does PRP 'correctly' should DM @mustang for more info.😉

Do you have any views on the substantive point on the lack of quality control, accountability, FDA oversight and lack of documented results with companies such as XYON?

• Like 1

• Administrators

It’s clear that you’re only here to troll nikoshair. Not only did you post others photos of members without their consent, but now you’re trolling other members. The time has come to part ways permanently 👋🏼 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Glad to see the back of those anti top dut trolls and their negative crap. I've seen loads of improvements with people using top dut, you just need to give it time to work. Just like a hair transplant can take 18 months to get final results. Same with topicals.

As for people moaning about the cost, what price do you put on getting your back?

On 7/12/2023 at 4:39 AM, FinallyHT said:

No sides from using topical dutasteride. (|Xyon). But almost 7 months of use every day and no change at all, except maybe more hair loss from shedding. 

Hang in there brother, the results will deficome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abs1029 said:

Glad to see the back of those anti top dut trolls and their negative crap. I've seen loads of improvements with people using top dut, you just need to give it time to work. Just like a hair transplant can take 18 months to get final results. Same with topicals.

As for people moaning about the cost, what price do you put on getting your back?

Hang in there brother, the results will deficome.

I don't think you need 18 months to assess weather a treatment works for you or not. You should see visible results within 4 months (weather it's maintenance or improvement) and can make a assessment at 6 months for sure. This is the telogen-anagen hair cycle on 99% of people.

If something has no impact on your density, miniaturization or shedding at 6 months it's pretty safe to say that treatment is not the appropriate one for your case.

• Like 4

On 7/20/2023 at 2:01 AM, mustang said:

I don't think you need 18 months to assess weather a treatment works for you or not. You should see visible results within 4 months (weather it's maintenance or improvement) and can make a assessment at 6 months for sure. This is the telogen-anagen hair cycle on 99% of people.

If something has no impact on your density, miniaturization or shedding at 6 months it's pretty safe to say that treatment is not the appropriate one for your case.

I hear you @mustang and understand your reasoning. I just feel that we need to support our brothers like @FinallyHT, who are patiently waiting for a response to the treatment. There is still so much to learn, no one knows everything.

What is your advice to users like @FinallyHT?

On 7/17/2023 at 4:29 AM, mustang said:

I'm sorry to tell you that if oral dutasteride has not worked for you then topical will not work for you either.

Sometimes Finasteride (orally) works better than Dutasteride as it reduces too much DHT therefor spiking your scalp free testosterone and your follicles are sensitivity to other androgens as well. If you are crushing your DHT and still losing ground. Finasteride spikes it less so hence it works better for some over Dutasteride.

Adding an androgen blocker to your regimen such as Pryilutamide or CB0301 has worked for many, specially on the hairline as Dutasteride, Finasteride and other 5AR's are more effective on the vertex and crown. I wouldn't touch RU58841 if my life depended on it. Flutamide and CB0301 are both FDA approved.

You can also look into dermarolling Dutasteride Mesotherapy once a week. Also very effective but again, not on the hairline.

Yea, ever since I switched from oral Fin to oral Dut, my testosterone has increased, my sides have decreased, but positive results have diminished.  Feels like Fin used to work better for me (before it stopped working).  I would like to consider topical Fin or Dut but most seem to think it won't work as well as oral meds should so I might just be wasting money.  I've considered a topical anti-androgen blocker but none are approved and they seem to have mixed results, depending on who you ask.  I'm more concerned about the top thinning now as the hairline has been gone for years now but top has been thick until recently.  I appear to have chronic telogen effluvium for the last 1.5 years, but don't feel stressed so not sure why that is happening.  

I'd give CB0301 a try at a low concentration (2.5% max). I am not recommending you do but It's worked for people on the Spanish forum if prepared correctly, proper vehicle.

This is the mildest anti androgen you can use WHILE continuing Finasteride. It won't work by itself by it will block free Tetosterone. You can also add 17 Alfa-Estradiol to the mix.

You need to address other androgens. 

Ideally Finasteride, Minoxidil and and Anti Androgen will have you covered.

• Like 1

I tried to take a picture with the same angle and light on Topical Dutasteride and off for over a year 

Even though the last picture the hair is longer you can see the missing density on the vertex and crown.

On Topical Dutasteride treatment

1yearonTD.thumb.JPG.ecc63614a9284aebae5a37a05e9552a1.JPG

Off Topical Dutasteride treatment:

image_123986672(57).thumb.JPG.06de61804aeb9b1a1db2032aa5d6f81f.JPG

• Like 1

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, mustang said:

I tried to take a picture with the same angle and light on Topical Dutasteride and off for over a year 

Even though the last picture the hair is longer you can see the missing density on the vertex and crown.

There’s a difference for sure, do you have any grafts in the crown? The dutasteride has worked the best in my crown. 

View my thread

On 7/22/2023 at 2:26 PM, mustang said:

Where did you get the topical dutasteride?

On 7/22/2023 at 3:14 AM, mustang said:

I'd give CB0301 a try at a low concentration (2.5% max). I am not recommending you do but It's worked for people on the Spanish forum if prepared correctly, proper vehicle.

This is the mildest anti androgen you can use WHILE continuing Finasteride. It won't work by itself by it will block free Tetosterone. You can also add 17 Alfa-Estradiol to the mix.

You need to address other androgens. 

Ideally Finasteride, Minoxidil and and Anti Androgen will have you covered.

You think CB0301 better than Pyralutamide?  (I'm not sure where to get either in the US yet).  Since oral Dut isn't working for me would you recommend (not as a doctor, just as what you've heard works best from others), me switching to oral Finasteride, or topical Fin or topical Dut?  Oral Minoxidil (5mg) seems to be giving me increased hair on arms and legs but not on scalp sadly.  Do some respond better to topical Min?  

11 hours ago, jim1973 said:

You think CB0301 better than Pyralutamide?  (I'm not sure where to get either in the US yet).  Since oral Dut isn't working for me would you recommend (not as a doctor, just as what you've heard works best from others), me switching to oral Finasteride, or topical Fin or topical Dut?  Oral Minoxidil (5mg) seems to be giving me increased hair on arms and legs but not on scalp sadly.  Do some respond better to topical Min?  

Prylutamide is much stronger than CB0301. I have never tried so can't comment. 

If were you I would use oral finasteride (low dose, 0.25mg daily or every other day) PLUS a topical anti androgen (with 17a-estradiol ideally to increase aromatase on your scalp's free testosterone) and block it from attaching to the hair follicle.

Minoxidil doesn't prevent MPB. 

This is a great thread - thank you all for contributing! 3 questions:

1. Has anyone ever done before / after blood work to check if topical DUT impacts DHT?

2. Is it possible to get XYON DUT at a lower concentration?

3. Are there any places in the US that will administer dutasteride mesotherapy?

I've been using Trichosol topical DUT but am considering trying XYON. The massive concentration difference kind of scares me off though. Had a very bad reaction to liposomal finasteride at a high dosage (1%) from Farmacia Paratti, and am not eager to repeat that with an even more potent drug.

I'm very interested in DUT mesotherapy, but seems its really only offered in Europe for some reason.

12 hours ago, mustang said:

Prylutamide is much stronger than CB0301. I have never tried so can't comment. 

If were you I would use oral finasteride (low dose, 0.25mg daily or every other day) PLUS a topical anti androgen (with 17a-estradiol ideally to increase aromatase on your scalp's free testosterone) and block it from attaching to the hair follicle.

Minoxidil doesn't prevent MPB. 

Where do you recommend getting CB0301? I followed your advice to not get topical dut from minoxidil max (used Mwamba) and am very glad I did. 

Any concerns about HPA axis impacts from CB? Any sides you can report? Thanks Mustang!

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

This is a great thread - thank you all for contributing! 3 questions:

1. Has anyone ever done before / after blood work to check if topical DUT impacts DHT?

2. Is it possible to get XYON DUT at a lower concentration?

3. Are there any places in the US that will administer dutasteride mesotherapy?

I've been using Trichosol topical DUT but am considering trying XYON. The massive concentration difference kind of scares me off though. Had a very bad reaction to liposomal finasteride at a high dosage (1%) from Farmacia Paratti, and am not eager to repeat that with an even more potent drug.

I'm very interested in DUT mesotherapy, but seems its really only offered in Europe for some reason.

You can try doing topical dut intermittently, e.g once per week