Everything You Need To Know About Topical Dutasteride

Melvin- Admin

4 hours ago, Mat16 said:

Everyone here talks also about anagenica (fue clinic) which is somehow related to dr Mwamba (I’ve heard). I have contacted them and they said they sell 60ml of topical dut and that they recommend to start with 1ml per week. Then they said the at the solution is stable for 120 days. What does that mean? That after that it’s not usable and I should throw the rest of it out or?

I got mine from Farmacia and they said the same.

I live in Australia so it's a pain for me because it takes 30 days to arrive...means that by the time it gets to me it's only valid for 90 days and I have to order after 60 days to allow for delivery time.

I wonder if it's all BS and if it lasts for 6 months plus.

I'm on TRT and I recently used a vial of Test 1 year after its expiry date...worked fine. Even after I opened it I used it for 4 months...when they tell you to discard after 2 months 

Any scientists here that could gauge how accurate this 120 day thing is?

15 hours ago, Ronnieman said:

I live in Australia so it's a pain for me because it takes 30 days to arrive...means that by the time it gets to me it's only valid for 90 days and I have to order after 60 days to allow for delivery time.

I'm on TRT and I recently used a vial of Test 1 year after its expiry date...worked fine. Even after I opened it I used it for 4 months...when they tell you to discard after 2 months 

Who prescribed your farmacia version? Have you ever had issues with customs?

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Ronnieman said:

I believe the shelf life of dutasteride is lower. Even with Xyon who lab tested shelf life, they’re formula lasts 4 months vs. 6 months of finasteride.

CB623074-6B40-4D7C-A915-CED239319497.jpeg

I think the best thing to do is to either use it more frequently 3x per week, or use a larger portion of it, so it doesn’t go to waste. It might not make sense to buy it to use 1x per week if you’re having to go through these issues on ordering it. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Mat16 said:

Everyone here talks also about anagenica (fue clinic) which is somehow related to dr Mwamba (I’ve heard). I have contacted them and they said they sell 60ml of topical dut and that they recommend to start with 1ml per week. Then they said the at the solution is stable for 120 days. What does that mean? That after that it’s not usable and I should throw the rest of it out or?

Yes, shelf life is 120 days for dutasteride. That means that after 120 days the drug becomes less effective. By the way, many have complained about this lab on this forum. Buy at your own risk. The formula itself is good, but shipping has been an issue and tracking as well. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

45 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I believe the shelf life of dutasteride is lower. Even with Xyon who lab tested shelf life, they’re formula lasts 4 months vs. 6 months of finasteride.

I think the best thing to do is to either use it more frequently 3x per week, or use a larger portion of it, so it doesn’t go to waste. It might not make sense to buy it to use 1x per week if you’re having to go through these issues on ordering it. 

And doesn’t that increase the risk of side effects? I had a bad experience with oral fin so…..

42 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yes, shelf life is 120 days for dutasteride. That means that after 120 days the drug becomes less effective. By the way, many have complained about this lab on this forum. Buy at your own risk. The formula itself is good, but shipping has been an issue and tracking as well. 

I tried to contact farmacia parati but they don’t seem to respond to me and I cannot really understand their website. What is their price in comparison with anagenica (80€ with shipping for 60ml)

19 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

Who prescribed your farmacia version? Have you ever had issues with customs?

I just went on their website and filled in an application with a picture of my scalp. They emailed me.

No issue with customs, this is the first time I ordered it, and it came exactly a month after they shipped it  

19 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

What I'm interested in though is, how much less effective does it become? 50% less, 30% less? Because then I could just use it 2 or 3x the amount I'd usually use it by.

It's not a big deal for me, ordering it every 3 months (it takes 30 days to ship to Aus), but still, I'm interested if it is still usable at some capacity from the 4-6 months stage 

Edited by Ronnieman

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Mat16 said:

And doesn’t that increase the risk of side effects? I had a bad experience with oral fin so…..

I tried to contact farmacia parati but they don’t seem to respond to me and I cannot really understand their website. What is their price in comparison with anagenica (80€ with shipping for 60ml)

Based on xyon studies, daily use of topical dutasteride changed serum DHT levels by only 10%. Of course, this with Xyon’s siloxysystem gel. I believe Farmacia Parati is the closest thing for those in Europe. 

There were no side effects reported in the study.

DFB96E8C-79D4-4102-BDD5-934AD5E0768F.jpeg
4D79E479-5E15-408C-BF52-77F83A0F6CD0.jpeg

View my thread

10 hours ago, Ronnieman said:

I just went on their website and filled in an application with a picture of my scalp. They emailed me.

No issue with customs, this is the first time I ordered it, and it came exactly a month after they shipped it  

What I'm interested in though is, how much less effective does it become? 50% less, 30% less? Because then I could just use it 2 or 3x the amount I'd usually use it by.

It's not a big deal for me, ordering it every 3 months (it takes 30 days to ship to Aus), but still, I'm interested if it is still usable at some capacity from the 4-6 months stage 

When you say you went on the website is this the Farmacia Parati website that’s in Italian?

2 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

When you say you went on the website is this the Farmacia Parati website that’s in Italian?

I actually went to this site 

https://www.fueclinic.com/services/treatments/topical-dutasteride-0-1/

I filled in the form at the bottom

But I got an email from anagenica and corresponded with them- paid them and they shipped.

Oh so I actually bought from anagenica. They did send me a link for farmacia when I asked about CB-03-01. They said it was their 'associated pharmacy' and ships the CB for them. 

But after re reading the email exchanges, my topical dut is actually from anagenica.

23 hours ago, Ronnieman said:

Pharmacies have to be very conservative and precise - it's unlikely to fall off a cliff in terms of potency - but how much probably depends on temperature and possibly other factors.

13 hours ago, Ronnieman said:

I actually went to this site 

https://www.fueclinic.com/services/treatments/topical-dutasteride-0-1/

I filled in the form at the bottom

But I got an email from anagenica and corresponded with them- paid them and they shipped.

Oh so I actually bought from anagenica. They did send me a link for farmacia when I asked about CB-03-01. They said it was their 'associated pharmacy' and ships the CB for them. 

But after re reading the email exchanges, my topical dut is actually from anagenica.

Fueclinic do not use the Xyon gel as vehicule, i thonk they use trichosol.

• Like 1

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV

A weird question guys, but relevant for me:

Could topical dut go systematic through a cut in the finger? I slightly cut my finger yesterday while opening the FUEclinic topical dut bottle. I used the other hand for the dropper and massaging the Dut in, but when I washed my hands, my finger touched the other hand.

I felt mild ED today but 1) That could've been the topical fin I used 2 days before, or 2) a nocebo

3 hours ago, Ronnieman said:

Could topical dut go systematic through a cut in the finger? I slightly cut my finger yesterday while opening the FUEclinic topical dut bottle. I used the other hand for the dropper and massaging the Dut in, but when I washed my hands, my finger touched the other hand.

I felt mild ED today but 1) That could've been the topical fin I used 2 days before, or 2) a nocebo

if your taking fin, ur going to have a hard time figuring out if the side effects are from the fin or the dut. 

topical fin goes systemic, in fact all these topicals will go systemic no matter how much they claim it wont.

also if your getting sexual sides, u are getting sexual sides. im tired of this nocebo bs ppl keep spewing. we all know whats normal and whats not normal. we all know if our dicks are working or not, its not "all in your head crap"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ronnieman said:

Yes there is a warning on finasteride that states women should not touch broken tablets as it can be absorbed by the skin and cause birth defects. I think it's safe to assume it applies to topical dut even more since there is no kind of protective coating and it was exposed directly to an open wound

• Like 1

• Administrators
8 hours ago, 12345 said:

if your taking fin, ur going to have a hard time figuring out if the side effects are from the fin or the dut. 

topical fin goes systemic, in fact all these topicals will go systemic no matter how much they claim it wont.

also if your getting sexual sides, u are getting sexual sides. im tired of this nocebo bs ppl keep spewing. we all know whats normal and whats not normal. we all know if our dicks are working or not, its not "all in your head crap"

All topicals go systemic to a certain extent. The question isn't whether it goes systemic, it's how much reduction does it have. So far, the topical dutasteride with Siloxysystem gel lowers DHT by only 10% that's significantly lower than any finasteride formulation. 

• Thanks 1

View my thread

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

All topicals go systemic to a certain extent. The question isn't whether it goes systemic, it's how much reduction does it have. So far, the topical dutasteride with Siloxysystem gel lowers DHT by only 10% that's significantly lower than any finasteride formulation. 

Melvin, sent u a pm

I just got a response from farmacia parati. The offered various concentrations of their topical dutasteride gel (liposomial). They offer 1%, 0.1% or 0.5%. What is the best concentration of I would ideally like to use it just once a week? 

3 hours ago, Mat16 said:

I just got a response from farmacia parati. The offered various concentrations of their topical dutasteride gel (liposomial). They offer 1%, 0.1% or 0.5%. What is the best concentration of I would ideally like to use it just once a week? 

Take the same as Xyon as it is the same gel. You can try directly 2% if you are courageous or 1% personally I order a 1% because I already try fina 0.01% and got sides after 5 months so I will try 1% 1x week

🙂

Edited by arthurSam

ASCE+ HRLV

17 minutes ago, arthurSam said:

Take the same as Xyon as it is the same gel. You can try directly 2% if you are courageous or 1% personally I order a 1% because I already try fina 0.01% and got sides after 5 months so I will try 1% 1x week

🙂

Thank you for the advice. Do you think 0.1% is to low? I had quite bad sides on oral fin so I want to play it safe

• Administrators

I don’t see why people are so scared of 1%, the liposomal siloxysytem gel keeps it from penetrating systemically. My sex drive hasn’t been effected at all. No side effects. I’m gonna be bumping it up to 2x per week this week. 

View my thread

On 2/1/2023 at 10:33 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

So average ranges of DHT range from 0.38 to 3.27 nmol/L. Just so we understand.

Ok so after reading the results. This is how it’s broken down. 

Table 9 is looking at serum concentrations by the hour on day 28. That’s why you’re seeing an increase in serum DHT levels. So 1 hour after application the DHT levels drop than go back up after a 24 hour-period based on this graph. 

But for some their DHT levels are higher after application and gradually decrease after a 24-hour period. This reflects normal day to day fluctuations of testosterone and DHT. 

9ECD7773-F1EA-4CBF-BEC6-532E29642308.jpeg

The graph you want to look at is table 10 which tracks DHT serum levels from day 1 hour 0 (baseline) to day 28 hour 24. 

Graph 10 subject 1. He was 1.132 at day 1 0 hours or (baseline). On day 28 (24) hours, his levels were 0.981. A 0.151 difference, which equals 15.1%.  That means his DHT levels decreased by 15% at the end of 28 days. 

9CCF1403-27F4-41E5-BAC6-CAC0F7BD3943.jpeg

Only three subjects saw an increase in DHT, which were both still low in the average range. Subject 6 started at 0.317 (below average range) by the end he was at 0.693. Slightly above the 0.38 average. 

Subject 8 baseline was 0.517 by day 28 he was 0.911. Subject 10 started off at 0.928 and ended at 1.118. 

Now if you look at these results at face value you might think, the dut made DHT increase. But I don’t believe thats true, to me, this looks like 3 subjects had no decrease in DHT levels. Their levels fluctuated, as they do normally without any medication. 

For some reason table 11 looks at day 1 4h as the baseline instead of day 1 0h. This skews things, you’ll see some participants levels decreased and some increased after day 1 4 hours, so it makes their increase/decrease look higher. If you look at the baseline day 1 0 hour. You’ll see the differences were negligible. 

5CC7DDE9-696B-47F3-9C5D-560DA35C54F2.jpeg

Overall, the average decrease is around 10-12% depending on whether you look at baseline being 0 hour or 4 hours. This is WAY better than finasteride. No doubt about it. Its not even close. 

I wonder why Xyon even bothered with topical Fin when this is clearly so much better. 

Update for me on topical Dut from FUEClinic - I was using their 0.1% solution once a week for a few weeks at the recommended dose but unfortunately got hit w some noticeable mild sexual sides. Thankfully, since stopping all has returned to normal. I must be extremely sensitive to 5AR inhibition. Keeping my eye closely on Xyon as an alternative although what would be optimal is a T and DHT blockade that doesn’t cause sides and won’t go systemic. 

My guess is that it still goes systemic and with the long half life, it can build up in your system to cause sides in people sensitive to it. 

On 2/14/2023 at 8:05 AM, RecycleBin said:

Yes there is a warning on finasteride that states women should not touch broken tablets as it can be absorbed by the skin and cause birth defects. I think it's safe to assume it applies to topical dut even more since there is no kind of protective coating and it was exposed directly to an open wound

Erection good now guys, less than 3 days later. 70-80% back May have been the systematic absorbtion through the cut.

Will try a small dose of topical dut again in a couple of days 

13 hours ago, sunsurfhair said:

I wonder why Xyon even bothered with topical Fin when this is clearly so much better. 

In fact there are some people for wich Finasteride work very well but not dutasteride. Since Fina work for a larger quantity of people doctor alway prescribe fina at begining.

Edited by arthurSam

ASCE+ HRLV