Everything You Need To Know About Topical Dutasteride

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Judelaw said:

Has Dr. Hasson mentioned using it alongside daily oral finasteride? I’m not really worried about systemic absorption just unsure if it’s worth the investment. 

If you’re not worried about systemic absorption, incorporate oral dutasteride once a week. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Does anyone else think Xyon megadosed their topical dut at 20mg per application? I began using it this week did two days in a row and by day 2 I had noticeable sides which were mild day 1. I decided to wait a week before it using again meanwhile 3 days later all sides were gone. I think the high dosing of it was the problem even if only 5% of the product goes systemic that's still 1mg of dutasteride it's the same as taking the pill. Is there any way to dilute it since its very hard to get coverage with 1 pump so half will be almost impossible to apply. I'm going to stick to 1x a week and see how it goes but rather not do 20mg at one time. 

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

If you’re not worried about systemic absorption, incorporate oral dutasteride once a week. 

I’d rather use the Xyon dutasteride multiple times per week, just wondering if he has mentioned using it as adjunct treatment. 

1 hour ago, Judelaw said:

I’d rather use the Xyon dutasteride multiple times per week, just wondering if he has mentioned using it as adjunct treatment. 

What logic is there in using the topical to begin with if you’re not worried about it being systemic?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, RecycleBin said:

Does anyone else think Xyon megadosed their topical dut at 20mg per application? I began using it this week did two days in a row and by day 2 I had noticeable sides which were mild day 1. I decided to wait a week before it using again meanwhile 3 days later all sides were gone. I think the high dosing of it was the problem even if only 5% of the product goes systemic that's still 1mg of dutasteride it's the same as taking the pill. Is there any way to dilute it since its very hard to get coverage with 1 pump so half will be almost impossible to apply. I'm going to stick to 1x a week and see how it goes but rather not do 20mg at one time. 

That’s odd, I took the topical finasteride for one month with no sides. The topicals dut should have less sides. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

49 minutes ago, BurnieBurns said:

What logic is there in using the topical to begin with if you’re not worried about it being systemic?

The same reason anyone else would, a disproportionate reduction in scalp to serum DHT is a huge success. I’m just more concerned with efficacy rather than using it infrequently to avoid all systemic absorption. 

11 hours ago, RecycleBin said:

Can I ask what sides you got ? 

It's really sad to hear that you had side effects I really thought that this gel gave no side effects, especially with dutasteride...

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV

10 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

That’s odd, I took the topical finasteride for one month with no sides. The topicals dut should have less sides. 

I believe so too but at 20mg duta it seems difficult to get away with no sides even topically. I'm switching to 1x a week at a lower dose to see how that goes 

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, RecycleBin said:

I believe so too but at 20mg duta it seems difficult to get away with no sides even topically. I'm switching to 1x a week at a lower dose to see how that goes 

Did you check your serum DHT before taking it? I’m really surprised because I’m sensitive to fin and haven’t felt any sexual sides. I did feel a little lightheaded once after applying it. That was it. 

• Like 2

View my thread

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Did you check your serum DHT before taking it? I’m really surprised because I’m sensitive to fin and haven’t felt any sexual sides. I did feel a little lightheaded once after applying it. That was it. 

Haven't checked DHT levels but I got a blood panel done a month prior for all other hormones planning on doing another one in the upcoming months to compare. I used topical fin 0.3% for only a week but still didn't get any side effects either. I know dutasteride blocks both receptors but the two aren't all that different the only thing that stands out is the dosage of it I'll try to apply less and see what happens

This presentation might be interesting....quite long but the first part talks about Type 1 vs Type 2 inhibition of DUT vs FIN (Fin only inhibits Type 2).  

I am only on week 1 of the .1% topical dut from FueClinic.  I plan to use 1 ml/week. 

Very early days but my scalp itch stopped immediately when I applied it so it must be doing something.  

Edited by mcr7777
  • Like 1

Hello, I have just found a website called hemiacosmetics and they sell topical dutasteride (Dutagen 50ml, 0.1% dutasteride, 1mg of dutasteride in 1ml of the liquid). I would like to ask you if you know this seller and how often should this be applied to maximise positive effects while minimising risk of side effects (I had sides on low dose of oral fin).

6 hours ago, Mat16 said:

Hello, I have just found a website called hemiacosmetics and they sell topical dutasteride (Dutagen 50ml, 0.1% dutasteride, 1mg of dutasteride in 1ml of the liquid). I would like to ask you if you know this seller and how often should this be applied to maximise positive effects while minimising risk of side effects (I had sides on low dose of oral fin).

They use a standard hydroalcoholic vehicle which will likely go systemic. You’re better off going with Xyon or Farmacia Parati if you can 

• Like 1

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, BurnieBurns said:

They use a standard hydroalcoholic vehicle which will likely go systemic. You’re better off going with Xyon or Farmacia Parati if you can 

^This, the vehicle is SUPER important when it comes to topicals. Something that absorbs quickly will go systemic and defeat the purpose of using a topical. 

Xyon if you’re in the US/Canada or Farmacia Parati if you’re in Europe, best way to go IMO. 

• Like 2

View my thread

On 2/5/2023 at 10:47 AM, RecycleBin said:

20mg per application? Why would they dose it so high? That's unbelievable.

I just started 0.5mg Topical Dut from Farmacia, I'll let everyone know how it goes.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

^This, the vehicle is SUPER important when it comes to topicals. Something that absorbs quickly will go systemic and defeat the purpose of using a topical. 

Xyon if you’re in the US/Canada or Farmacia Parati if you’re in Europe, best way to go IMO. 

Okay I understand. And what about the dosage and frequency of use?

7 hours ago, Ronnieman said:

20mg per application? Why would they dose it so high? That's unbelievable.

I just started 0.5mg Topical Dut from Farmacia, I'll let everyone know how it goes.

I think they were just too confident in their delivery vehicle to slow down the absorption of it. I cut down to half a dose at 1x a week and experienced no further side effects 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mat16 said:

Also I have just found this:

https://www.minoxidilmax.com/topical-dutasteride-without-minoxidil-Duderma

which is quite cheap and shipped to Europe. What are your thoughts on this?

Well I use essengen 6, the topical fin/min combo and have no issues with it. It works well.

Everyone seems to think minoxidilmax is bad, but I have found that company to be fine.

Would love to hear a review of Duderma

2 hours ago, Ronnieman said:

Well I use essengen 6, the topical fin/min combo and have no issues with it. It works well.

Everyone seems to think minoxidilmax is bad, but I have found that company to be fine.

Would love to hear a review of Duderma

Man I would love for it to be okay. I don’t know if I should just jump for it and order. Kind of my last hope regarding to maintaining meds…

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Mat16 said:

Also I have just found this:

https://www.minoxidilmax.com/topical-dutasteride-without-minoxidil-Duderma

which is quite cheap and shipped to Europe. What are your thoughts on this?

I recall a few users complaining about bad sides with minoxidil max topical dut. 

• Like 1

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I recall a few users complaining about bad sides with minoxidil max topical dut. 

You probably don’t remember their names right? Would be nice to ask how they are now.

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, Mat16 said:

You probably don’t remember their names right? Would be nice to ask how they are now.

If I recall some of them switched to FUE clinics topical formula. The only reason I don’t recommend that one is because the compounding pharmacy has terrible customer service, and many have complained about it taking a long time to receive their shipment. 

• Like 1

View my thread

16 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Everyone here talks also about anagenica (fue clinic) which is somehow related to dr Mwamba (I’ve heard). I have contacted them and they said they sell 60ml of topical dut and that they recommend to start with 1ml per week. Then they said the at the solution is stable for 120 days. What does that mean? That after that it’s not usable and I should throw the rest of it out or?