Everything You Need To Know About Topical Dutasteride

Melvin- Admin

11 hours ago, sunsurfhair said:

Update for me on topical Dut from FUEClinic - I was using their 0.1% solution once a week for a few weeks at the recommended dose but unfortunately got hit w some noticeable mild sexual sides. Thankfully, since stopping all has returned to normal. I must be extremely sensitive to 5AR inhibition. Keeping my eye closely on Xyon as an alternative although what would be optimal is a T and DHT blockade that doesn’t cause sides and won’t go systemic. 

My guess is that it still goes systemic and with the long half life, it can build up in your system to cause sides in people sensitive to it. 

Yes it is very too bad the side effects sometimes appears many month or years after starting medication, even at very low dosage. I hope too that there will be new medication wich will no goes systemic soon... Hoping on Pyri !

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV

• Administrators

Quick tutorial on how I apply the topical.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, HairTrippin said:

How long you been on it and how many times a week do you apply it? Thanks for sharing 

Ive been on dutasteride now for 3 weeks, I’m applying it 2x per week. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 2/13/2023 at 12:52 PM, Ronnieman said:

A weird question guys, but relevant for me:

Could topical dut go systematic through a cut in the finger? I slightly cut my finger yesterday while opening the FUEclinic topical dut bottle. I used the other hand for the dropper and massaging the Dut in, but when I washed my hands, my finger touched the other hand.

I felt mild ED today but 1) That could've been the topical fin I used 2 days before, or 2) a nocebo

Short answer is yes - scalp is much thicker than other parts of the body - and with an open wound there would be a better chance of going systemic- but would depend on how much got in the wound I suppose.

Guys question, how about making topical dut at home by simply crushing the right amount of oral dut into a minoxidil bottle? 

Many people are doing it with fin tablets with good success, is there something about dut that makes it different? 

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Alex98843 said:

Guys question, how about making topical dut at home by simply crushing the right amount of oral dut into a minoxidil bottle? 

Many people are doing it with fin tablets with good success, is there something about dut that makes it different? 

It doesn’t work that way, you need a compounding pharmacy to compound it into the appropriate vehicle. Liposomal silicone based vehicles seem to be the best option.

• Like 1

View my thread

15 hours ago, Alex98843 said:

This is a sure fire way to go systemic 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hopefully this video will help

View my thread

On 2/15/2023 at 2:11 AM, sunsurfhair said:

Update for me on topical Dut from FUEClinic - I was using their 0.1% solution once a week for a few weeks at the recommended dose but unfortunately got hit w some noticeable mild sexual sides. Thankfully, since stopping all has returned to normal. I must be extremely sensitive to 5AR inhibition. Keeping my eye closely on Xyon as an alternative although what would be optimal is a T and DHT blockade that doesn’t cause sides and won’t go systemic. 

My guess is that it still goes systemic and with the long half life, it can build up in your system to cause sides in people sensitive to it. 

they use a different carrier, its trichosol

"If you would like to obtain a bottle of our Topical Dutasteride 0.05% solution (60ml, Trichosol) "

thats not the carrier were talking about 

https://www.fueclinic.com/services/treatments/topical-dutasteride-0-1/

On 2/14/2023 at 12:27 PM, Mat16 said:

I just got a response from farmacia parati. The offered various concentrations of their topical dutasteride gel (liposomial). They offer 1%, 0.1% or 0.5%. What is the best concentration of I would ideally like to use it just once a week? 

can you link the website? and they want a prescription from a doctor right?

6 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

can you link the website? and they want a prescription from a doctor right?

This is their website. And yes they will send you a template to fill out by your doctor

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed link
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mat16 said:

This is their website. And yes they will send you a template to fill out by your doctor

oh thanks a lot, a few follow up question if you dont mind

do they speak english?

did you just ask your general doctor?

thats kinda pain in the ass to ask a doctor and pay another 30 eur for prescription…

some people with criminal energy probably just sign that stuff themself i dont think they will really check on it right

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed link

2 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

oh thanks a lot, a few follow up question if you dont mind

do they speak english?

did you just ask your general doctor?

thats kinda pain in the ass to ask a doctor and pay another 30 eur for prescription…

some people with criminal energy probably just sign that stuff themself i dont think they will really check on it right

No problem.

So yes they were speaking English during mail conversation and yes I have asked my gp for prescription and he filled it out for free.

I am still a bit lost when it comes to what concentration should I order and how often to use it. I would really like to use it only once a week but I’m not sure what potency should I get

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mat16 said:

No problem.

So yes they were speaking English during mail conversation and yes I have asked my gp for prescription and he filled it out for free.

I am still a bit lost when it comes to what concentration should I order and how often to use it. I would really like to use it only once a week but I’m not sure what potency should I get

id start with the golden middle and then revaluate after 6 months

• Valued Contributor

Really starting to appreciate this thread and Melvin’s video on topical dutasteride. I will be going to my GP later this week for a script to send to Italy. So what dosage and frequency is recommended for topical dutasteride with the gel barrier? Many thanks in advance. 

13 hours ago, Mat16 said:

No problem.

If you want follow Xyon basic protocol you have to take 2% 1x / day

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV

15 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Really starting to appreciate this thread and Melvin’s video on topical dutasteride. I will be going to my GP later this week for a script to send to Italy. So what dosage and frequency is recommended for topical dutasteride with the gel barrier? Many thanks in advance. 

Would you switch from oral Fin?

On 2/22/2023 at 1:15 AM, mr_peanutbutter said:

they use a different carrier, its trichosol

"If you would like to obtain a bottle of our Topical Dutasteride 0.05% solution (60ml, Trichosol) "

thats not the carrier were talking about 

https://www.fueclinic.com/services/treatments/topical-dutasteride-0-1/

What are you talking about? This thread isn’t specific to Xyon, it’s a discussion on topical Dut. Are you saying Trichosol immediately makes the FUE formula go more systemic vs the gel system? It’s quite possible the gel system is better at preventing systemic absorption but the molecular structure of Dut itself helps to limit that although we know it still does get through as some still does even with Xyon according to their study. Trichosol has its own unique benefits. 

Benefits of TrichoSol™

• Innovative hydrophilic solution base
  • Featuring the patented TrichoTech™ technology that helps to maximize the effectiveness of personalized treatments
  • Free of alcohol and propylene glycol
  • Contains natural minerals especially suitable for application on difficult-to-treat areas, such as hairy skin and the scalp
  • Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic
  • Compatible with a wide range of pharmaceutical raw materials, proven ideal vehicle for incorporating minoxidil at concentration up to 7% without heating

12 hours ago, sunsurfhair said:

What are you talking about? This thread isn’t specific to Xyon, it’s a discussion on topical Dut. Are you saying Trichosol immediately makes the FUE formula go more systemic vs the gel system? It’s quite possible the gel system is better at preventing systemic absorption but the molecular structure of Dut itself helps to limit that although we know it still does get through as some still does even with Xyon according to their study. Trichosol has its own unique benefits. 

Benefits of TrichoSol™

• Innovative hydrophilic solution base
  • Featuring the patented TrichoTech™ technology that helps to maximize the effectiveness of personalized treatments
  • Free of alcohol and propylene glycol
  • Contains natural minerals especially suitable for application on difficult-to-treat areas, such as hairy skin and the scalp
  • Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic
  • Compatible with a wide range of pharmaceutical raw materials, proven ideal vehicle for incorporating minoxidil at concentration up to 7% without heating

Trichosol goes just as systemic as any hydroalcoholic carrier in my experience

2 minutes ago, BurnieBurns said:

Trichosol goes just as systemic as any hydroalcoholic carrier in my experience

This has nothing to do with Trichosol. I’m not sure why the previous poster even brought it up. It has to do with the active chemical which is Dutasteride. It doesn’t matter what the carrier agent is - the molecular weight of Dut makes its harder to pass systemically vs. Fin, but even at it’s larger weight, it still does pass through on some level, even with the gel solution utilized by Xyon and the Italian pharmacy that compounds a similar gel like solution which is evidenced by the small study Xyon provided. The key is to limit as much systemic absorption of any of these molecules as possible, which is why I think it was smart Xyon is now producing a Dut formulation. 

• Administrators

The vehicle does matter IMO. We’ve known for quite some time that liposomal vehicles are better, but now that with the introduction of a silicone matrix, were able to keep the medication from penetrating beyond the first layer of the skin. That’s the reason why farmacia parati and xyon can do 1-2% of dutasteride, as opposed to 0.01%.

• Like 1

View my thread