Everything You Need To Know About Topical Dutasteride

Melvin- Admin

7 hours ago, Grouse said:

Where do you recommend getting CB0301? I followed your advice to not get topical dut from minoxidil max (used Mwamba) and am very glad I did. 

Any concerns about HPA axis impacts from CB? Any sides you can report? Thanks Mustang!

at 1% it's quite unlikely but only way to know is blood work

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mustang said:

at 1% it's quite unlikely but only way to know is blood work

Which hormone do you monitor for this? I'll also ask my doctor if I consider trying.

Any recommendations on where to source high quality CB?

3 hours ago, mustang said:

Cortisol, DHEA, Aldesterone and Androstenedione. Progesterone

My most recent blood test on these items all came back negative.  That said, I'm losing ground fast on oral Dut (.5mg/day).  With these tests (and testosterone) being in the normal zones, does that mean that using either CB0103 or 17a-Estradiol could help without likely any side effects?  

Negative?

You mean normal?

17a-estradiol won't change your bloodwork, it's not 17b-estradiol. 

CB0301 could, hence you need to try it and then do bloodwork (only if you have any sides)

Yet to find anyone with sides at 1%, people who has had sides but this product is already on the market commercially and here is what you need to know.

"Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis suppression may occur during or after treatment with WINLEVI (CB0301 1%). In the PK trial, HPA axis suppression was observed in 5% of adult subjects and 9% of adolescent subjects at Day 14. All subjects returned to normal HPA axis function at follow-up 4 weeks after stopping treatment. Conditions which augment systemic absorption include use over large surface areas, prolonged use, and the use of occlusive dressings. Attempt to withdraw use if HPA axis suppression develops."

Edited by mustang

One important thing on why I believe it worked so well with me was that I left it on my scalp for 12 hours

8 PM I would apply it (either Liposomal gel or Trichosol) and I would not wash it until next morning and sometimes I wouldn't was it at all until the next day, it takes several hours for absorption to complete.

Another reason is the amount of people that use Minoxidilmax or DIY Dutasteride from Alibaba. This will never work. I have seen the difference in the raw powder from Fagron (pharma grade) and Chinese dutasteride used by everyone else (Minoxidilmax and re-sellers of powder) and one is a very fine powder that will mix into a solution entirely while the other is almost crystal looking. This will never dissolve properly (even if it looks like it does to the human eye)

Considering it's already borderline heavy to absorb using this cheap alternative will never yield any results.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my blood work back for a 3rd time after using 1ml of 0.1% topical DUT for 1hr a week (washing off after 1hr). I use trichosal DUT from farmacia adndorra.

I saw:

Before DUT - 80

After DUT - 69

Tests were taken at the same time each day, similar life circumstances / diet / routine. My sense is leaving in for 1 hr / week is not sufficient to reduce DHT or really impact hair much either. Thinking of leaving in longer and using a less potent dose (0.05% or less). Left 0.1% DUT on for 3 hours the other night and felt sensitive nipples.

Hope this is helpful for someone. 

Edited by Grouse

I'm actually looking into finding a DUT mesotherapy provider here in the USA to try that instead. If I can't, I'll try overnight applications with a 0.05% solution.

I'm still shell shocked from when I used 1% liposomal topical FIN from Farmacia Paratti, which was waaaay too strong and had awful, awful side effects. 😫

10 hours ago, Grouse said:

I'm actually looking into finding a DUT mesotherapy provider here in the USA to try that instead. If I can't, I'll try overnight applications with a 0.05% solution.

I'm still shell shocked from when I used 1% liposomal topical FIN from Farmacia Paratti, which was waaaay too strong and had awful, awful side effects. 😫

FIN use 0.01% , not 1%, you get a 10% DHT reduction for ever ml roughly 

DUT mesotherapy  0.05% not made in the US

9 hours ago, mustang said:

Yes I found out about the FIN the hard way. Farmacia Paratti recommended 2.5% liposomal FIN, which is crazy. I also see XYON recommends high % formulations too - but no experience with them.

Will be trying mesotherapy next month at a clinic, and will monitor blood work. Will report back.

17 hours ago, mustang said:

I have seen the studies where .01% (or similar) can work just as well as larger doses without risking systemic side effects.  That said, it seems most commercialized products from the big brands (Hims, Keeps, Roman, Happy Head, and others), always have a dose of .25% or .30%.  I wonder why they want to increase the dose so much if a lower dose would work for most.  Any thoughts on this subject?  

7 hours ago, Happyhead said:

@Grouse please, if you don’t mind, explain your awful side effects?

thank you

Sure. I had:

• Crazy anxiety
  • Waking up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep (never happens before)
  • Classic ED symptoms
  • Physical penis changes
    • Shrinkage when un-erect
    • Twisting on its axis a bit, hard to explain
    • A bend to the right that wasn't there before
    • An indentation on the right hand side
    • Hard flaccid after ejaculating
  • Blood in my ejaculate after quitting (could be due to prostate size increasing - what my Urologist said)
  • Cold, numb penis for a few weeks after quitting

I left 0.1% dut on overnight recently and actually have some similar feelings + nipple tenderness. I think I am not cut out for 5AR's - no idea how others don't get sides! Wondering if I need to just go shave, accept the drop in dating, and stop putting myself through hell here

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Sure. I had:

• Crazy anxiety
  • Waking up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep (never happens before)
  • Classic ED symptoms
  • Physical penis changes
  • Blood in my ejaculate after quitting (could be due to prostate size increasing - what my Urologist said)

I left 0.1% dut on overnight recently and actually have some similar feelings + nipple tenderness. I think I am not cut out for 5AR's - no idea how others don't get sides! Wondering if I need to just go shave, accept the drop in dating, and stop putting myself through hell here

Shaving and moving on is never a bad option. But it all depends on what will give you ultimate peace. Have you tried a formula with silicone based liposomes as a vehicle? Which topical dut did you try?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I have not tried the XYON product, but might look into it. I'm currently using Farmacia Andorra's trichosal DUT. I may just be paranoid too after my experience with FIN... gonna just chill out for a few weeks and see what happens. 

I did schedule a DUT mesotherapy appointment in a few weeks (using 0.01% DUT from FUE clinic, same pharmacy). Plan to do bloodwork and share here for others looking into it. If I get sides, I may try XYON, and if that still doesn't work then will probably shave and move on. My donor seems too weak for a med-less transplant, but am getting a few in person consults done to verify. 

If I wasn't so reliant on online dating now that I'm single again after a long term relationship, I'd probably shave be at peace with it 😂 We shall see!

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Physical penis changes

These sound like the symptoms of Peyronies Disease.

9 hours ago, Grouse said:

Sure. I had:

• Crazy anxiety
  • Classic ED symptoms
  • Physical penis changes

Already got some of these symptoms (like twisting penis on the right hand side...) with other prostatis symptoms after using topical fina 0,025% for 4 months and trying topical duta after that.

More than 6 months now I stopped and I still hurting a little but little less every day...

Very very difficult to find doctors who knows what happen... some say its pudendal nerve other say its prostate inflammation other say its balanitis ...

Do you still hurt ?

Edited by arthurSam

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Grouse said:

I have not tried the XYON product, but might look into it. I'm currently using Farmacia Andorra's trichosal DUT. I may just be paranoid too after my experience with FIN... gonna just chill out for a few weeks and see what happens. 

I did schedule a DUT mesotherapy appointment in a few weeks (using 0.01% DUT from FUE clinic, same pharmacy). Plan to do bloodwork and share here for others looking into it. If I get sides, I may try XYON, and if that still doesn't work then will probably shave and move on. My donor seems too weak for a med-less transplant, but am getting a few in person consults done to verify. 

If I wasn't so reliant on online dating now that I'm single again after a long term relationship, I'd probably shave be at peace with it 😂 We shall see!

I’m married with a child, and I still care about my hair. My suggestion is to try and shave now. If you can accept it, then no need to do anything further. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I've been applying 2x/week and I'm getting pretty close to considering stopping xyon topical dut. No sexual sides, but still getting lingering ball pain that has not subsided and def messes with my peace of mind. My hair is certainly worse around the hairline since having started. Crown may be doing a little better, but that could very well be the oral minoxidil.  

9 minutes ago, ALittelTeal said:

I've been applying 2x/week and I'm getting pretty close to considering stopping xyon topical dut. No sexual sides, but still getting lingering ball pain that has not subsided and def messes with my peace of mind. My hair is certainly worse around the hairline since having started. Crown may be doing a little better, but that could very well be the oral minoxidil.  

This confirms to me that hairlines are much more prone to Test than DHT, seen it happen over and over again with people who take Dutasteride

11 hours ago, mustang said:

This confirms to me that hairlines are much more prone to Test than DHT, seen it happen over and over again with people who take Dutasteride

Are you stating that topical or oral Dutasteride doesn't work well for frontal hair loss?  (A little confused on your statement related to what you've seen over and over related to DHT and "Test")

12 hours ago, jim1973 said:

Are you stating that topical or oral Dutasteride doesn't work well for frontal hair loss?  (A little confused on your statement related to what you've seen over and over related to DHT and "Test")

The more DHT you blocks the higher the Free T will be. 5AR inhibitors are far more effective on the crown and vertex than on the hairline.

I’ve seen it happen dozens of times now on people switching from Finasteride to Dutasteride making their frontal hair loss progress rapidly.

I believe (and this is just a theory and anecdotal) that the hairline and temples are more prone to free testosterone than to DHT or maybe just as prone. 

This is obvious on people taking testosterone having almost 0 DHT with Dutasteride and losing ground rapidly. 

6 hours ago, mustang said:

The more DHT you blocks the higher the Free T will be. 5AR inhibitors are far more effective on the crown and vertex than on the hairline.

I’ve seen it happen dozens of times now on people switching from Finasteride to Dutasteride making their frontal hair loss progress rapidly.

I believe (and this is just a theory and anecdotal) that the hairline and temples are more prone to free testosterone than to DHT or maybe just as prone. 

This is obvious on people taking testosterone having almost 0 DHT with Dutasteride and losing ground rapidly. 

I may have asked this before, but have you found a reliable way to counteract this? I imagine RU and CB would maybe do the trick, curious if anything else has been successful from your experiences