Hasson & Wong ~2000 Grafts

Der3k7

• Administrators

Massive improvement already, especially from the front.

88731932-5B13-4A8F-B726-2A4BA88D534A.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 hours ago, Gavinlee said:

I’m really confused with this post, which images are pre and which are post? Also the timings, decimal places for months??? So 5.4 months is 5 months and 12.4 days?! 

here this is easier. The numbers are months. So 5.4 means about a little less than half way through the 6th month and 6.25 means about 6 months and 1 week post op 

pre op

5.4 months post op

6.25 months post op

IMG_4828.jpeg

Edited by Der3k7
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2023 at 9:00 PM, Der3k7 said:

here this is easier. The numbers are months. So 5.4 means about a little less than half way through the 6th month and 6.25 means about 6 months and 1 week post op 

pre op

5.4 months post op

6.25 months post op

IMG_4828.jpeg

Massive difference mate and only half way there, I'm glad they fixed ASMEDs poor work, are you happy so far?

On 5/19/2023 at 2:43 PM, botchedguy95 said:

Massive difference mate and only half way there, I'm glad they fixed ASMEDs poor work, are you happy so far?

Yeah I’m happy so far 

• 1 month later...

I went to get a perm solution comb through to smooth out and straighten my hair 4.5 weeks ago and u fortunately the 12 minutes they left it in and combed it through was too long (I’ve done this before and didn’t have this issue) and a ton of hairs got damaged and broke off due to the nature of the perm solution and my hair has regressed quite a lot because of it. So now I am waiting for hair to grow back before posting more. But given so many hairs fell out it’s gonna take awhile. 

I messaged dr wong about it and he said it can take 6-8 months for it to go back to normal and it will most likely be fine. It’s cuz so many hairs fell out, takes time to regrow, but then also hairs go through the resting phase every so often as part of their normal cycle and take 3-4 months before they even start regrowing again. 

So for all of the hairs that fell out it’ll take some time for them all to come back. I imagine there was not any permanent damage since even using nair on body hair which literally dissolves the hair does not damage the hair follicle below and cause permanent loss. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, asterix0 said:

How's it looking now?

It’s only been a week since I mentioned the perm solution hair breakage issue, so it is still thin it will take along time to regain the density of all those hairs I lost 

On 6/29/2023 at 1:26 AM, Der3k7 said:

I went to get a perm solution comb through to smooth out and straighten my hair 4.5 weeks ago and u fortunately the 12 minutes they left it in and combed it through was too long (I’ve done this before and didn’t have this issue) and a ton of hairs got damaged and broke off due to the nature of the perm solution and my hair has regressed quite a lot because of it. So now I am waiting for hair to grow back before posting more. But given so many hairs fell out it’s gonna take awhile. 

I messaged dr wong about it and he said it can take 6-8 months for it to go back to normal and it will most likely be fine. It’s cuz so many hairs fell out, takes time to regrow, but then also hairs go through the resting phase every so often as part of their normal cycle and take 3-4 months before they even start regrowing again. 

So for all of the hairs that fell out it’ll take some time for them all to come back. I imagine there was not any permanent damage since even using nair on body hair which literally dissolves the hair does not damage the hair follicle below and cause permanent loss. 

Curious to know what is this perm solution comb? 

Care to elaborate? 

Edited by Rawkerboi

The hair salon just uses perm solution like from when someone gets a perm, and they combed it through my hair to comb out waves in my hair to straighten it

Edited by Der3k7

• Administrators

Was it a keratin treatment?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Was it a keratin treatment?

No it was perm solution. Next time when my hair grows out and is all freshly grown hair I plan to try a keratin treatment instead as it is less harsh on the hairs. I really hope the hairs that broke do grow back

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Der3k7 said:

No it was perm solution. Next time when my hair grows out and is all freshly grown hair I plan to try a keratin treatment instead as it is less harsh on the hairs. I really hope the hairs that broke do grow back

Don't use Keratin, my buddy who has the thickest hair I've ever seen did a keratin treatment and got bald spots from it. That stuff burns you hair. Stay away from perms and treatments like that.

View my thread

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

Don't use Keratin, my buddy who has the thickest hair I've ever seen did a keratin treatment and got bald spots from it. That stuff burns you hair. Stay away from perms and treatments like that.

Damn well I really hope this didn’t cause permanent damage to the follicle

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Damn well I really hope this didn’t cause permanent damage to the follicle

No, it gets better but stay away from that crap. It's not good. My buddy has really thick, coarse hair, and he wanted it straight, but it made his hair look way thinner and gave him bald spots. You can always use a flat iron to straighten it. Way safer.

View my thread

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

No, it gets better but stay away from that crap. It's not good. My buddy has really thick, coarse hair, and he wanted it straight, but it made his hair look way thinner and gave him bald spots. You can always use a flat iron to straighten it. Way safer.

So his bald spots weren’t permanent and went back to normal?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

So his bald spots weren’t permanent and went back to normal?

Yea, went back to normal. He hasn’t gotten it done since.

View my thread

22 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yea, went back to normal. He hasn’t gotten it done since.

Any idea how long it took for him to go back to normal? Mines still not good and the hairs probably stopped shedding about a month ago

wong said it takes about 6-8 months 

• 3 weeks later...

This was right before I got that perm solution in the top photo and the bottom photo is now about 7 weeks or so after it stopped shedding due to breakage from the perm solution. You can see I regressed because of it. I really hope the hairs come back. Te perm solution didn’t even last long. Wasn’t worth it 

IMG_5416.jpeg

IMG_5413.jpeg

Edited by Der3k7

• Administrators

Honestly it doesn’t look much different. 

View my thread