Hasson & Wong ~2000 Grafts

Der3k7

I am scheduled for surgery with dr wong 11/8 for around 2000 grafts. Here is my before surgery.

Goal is to thicken up density of hairline where it is and thicken up and reinforce behind it 

0DAE7085-DB72-4D5C-8136-BB5965866707.jpeg

E0FF5EC2-AFFB-4552-847C-45A73BEB8EB3.jpeg

7136E00A-9E13-4D4F-918B-A3615F2FD4DF.jpeg

C1642B0D-4A89-4519-9169-98E670AC4BA8.jpeg

A1322877-65D5-4665-8CA6-11FFEB40576E.jpeg

FE931243-46E3-4208-8A6B-07783F39E6FE.jpeg

Edited by Der3k7

You've got great looking hair. It'll be even better when Dr. Wong gets done with you. Your donor looks to be in good shape after two previous surgeries. How many grafts were implanted in your prior procedures? Any idea how many you have left in the bank?

• Administrators

Thought you were gonna go with De Freitas? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

35 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Thought you were gonna go with De Freitas? 

No I decided in wong. Originally was debating hw, diep, and couto, considered Freitas for a bit. I really wanted couto, but they couldn’t take me until about 6 months later and I just didn’t see enough patient posted results on here so I chose to spend extra money and go with the safest option based on information available to me at the time. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, 5BetaReductase said:

I remember you. Hopefully wong can sort this out. Are you on any treatments?

I just ordered For Hims 2 in 1 topical spray bottle of topical finasteride and topical minoxidil and I’m gonna start that 

Hopefully between the transplant and for him so can get these areas circled in green nice a dense again. Also the last one I photoshopped using the spot heal brush to fill in the density to get a feel of how much nicer it would look with good density 🥲

F00A18A9-E295-4083-AE81-4AA4E31E6670.png

0A3C73B1-F8B4-467F-8684-BDA418DBCB40.jpeg

253649BC-5FDB-4658-94E8-2F2D15FB7C8B.jpeg

Edited by Der3k7
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Are you on finasteride? I recall you’re pretty young and it looks like you’re losing hair in the crown now.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Are you on finasteride? I recall you’re pretty young and it looks like you’re losing hair in the crown now.

I didn’t wanna take it orally cuz I experienced post finasteride syndrome 

but I just ordered “For Hims” which is a 2-in-1 topical spray bottle of topical finasteride and topical minoxidil so I am hoping I can use that topical spray bottle and have it thicken up what I currently have and help grow it more and stop the hair loss without the side effects of oral finasteride 

• Like 1

I looked at it but it’s twice as expensive as for hims and it is only topical finasteride rather than both topical finasteride and topical minoxidil. Also it’s a gel rather than a spray

i find the spray more convenient for practical day to day lifestyle use. Plus it’s cheaper and has minoxidil in it 

23 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I looked at it but it’s twice as expensive as for hims and it is only topical finasteride rather than both topical finasteride and topical minoxidil. Also it’s a gel rather than a spray

i find the spray more convenient for practical day to day lifestyle use. Plus it’s cheaper and has minoxidil in it 

My suggestion is solely based on your statement about side effects. Supposedly, the vehicle for the xyon finasteride helps limit systemic absorption. Generic minox is actually pretty affordable, lots of people are trying out low dose oral minox too.

23 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I think with this surgery and daily use of for hims I have a good shot of achieving that photoshopped look on my pic above.

im 30 years old now 

Just so you know the hims topical finasteride I could amount of it will go systemic.

Yeah I read about that but it’s supposed to be as the amount less. 

interesting, I will ask hw about that and ask them to give me a solid mechanism for how that works in comparison to for hims physiologically to prevent system absorption so I am confident they aren’t just saying that. Maybe it’s because it’s a gel 

4 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

$100 per month is kind of a lot too lol 

I’d want to see a study that shows the difference in systemic absorption between hw method vs other topicals 

How much are you paying for the surgery?

$1200 per year to maintain your natural hair considering you only have 3000 grafts available seems like a pretty good investment if it works well.  

6 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

How much are you paying for the surgery?

$1200 per year to maintain your natural hair considering you only have 3000 grafts available seems like a pretty good investment if it works well.  

Yeah that’s true that’s why I decided on for hims. I will have to do some be questioning and research about hw alternate topical solution to see if the difference in systemic absorption I’d significant enough to justify the double cost

• Like 1

Remember you case with ASMED. Pretty long thread.

Are you going for shaved (which I would recommend as you do not have many options left) or unshaven recipient? Very good decision just to reinforce and not lower the hairline further.

I would even recommend to only do the hairline now and the crown later. You do not have many bullets left. better to be safe than sorry. Even though I know that everyone wants it all over with. 

Edited by Gasthoerer